North East Buses
Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 (/showthread.php?tid=1832)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - V514DFT - 04 Jan 2018

it'll finially be nice to get a branded route coming back through the tunnel again to since the days of the purple solars branded 'nine'

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - S813 FVK - 04 Jan 2018

Currently finding it weird how all M6/M7/M8s from Metrocentre after the 16:24 M8 appear to terminate at Tanfield Lea. Mistake or done to reduce dead mileage due to not many people travelling to Stanley on those services?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - citaro5284 - 04 Jan 2018

(04 Jan 2018, 4:38 pm)S813 FVK Currently finding it weird how all M6/M7/M8s from Metrocentre after the 16:24 M8 appear to terminate at Tanfield Lea. Mistake or done to reduce dead mileage due to not many people travelling to Stanley on those services?

I reckon a typo, as they are leaving the Bus Station heading to the Metrocentre.

(04 Jan 2018, 4:52 pm)citaro5284 I reckon a typo, as they are leaving the Bus Station heading to the Metrocentre.

Thought it was a bit odd, cheers!

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 04 Jan 2018

Looks like the 9 will interwork with another service on a night?

Example arriving from Grangetown ends at 1727, then the next 9 towards Jarrow etc is 1738, unless they'll be 2 separate buses?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Northern4555 - 04 Jan 2018

(03 Jan 2018, 7:37 pm)Michael Thanks Jimmi, i couldn't get it to copy and paste from the email on my phone.... Tongue

Wonder if service 73 will move from stand S to R in Park Lane, that leaves stands S-V empty for drop offs.

(04 Jan 2018, 3:32 pm)Malarkey Should've went with the brand that they had planned when the former silver mercs (5320-5324) were on the 61 a few years back, sure there was an image of it uploaded somewhere.

Still waiting to see the new south Tyneside timetables

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Malarkey - 04 Jan 2018

(04 Jan 2018, 7:13 pm)Northern4555 Still waiting to see the new south Tyneside timetables

There on the GNE Website, just type the service number in the search bar

(04 Jan 2018, 7:16 pm)Malarkey There on the GNE Website, just type the service number in the search bar

Just to add, for anyone looking for the H1 timetable, it is on the 88/88A tabs

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 04 Jan 2018

(04 Jan 2018, 7:32 pm)S813 FVK Just to add, for anyone looking for the H1 timetable, it is on the 88/88A tabs

What a pointless timetable........ same as the 64 and 95...

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Ds1197 - 04 Jan 2018

Will Percy Main run the evening and Sunday shorts on the 5 between Jarrow and North Shields

(04 Jan 2018, 8:21 pm)Ds1197 Will Percy Main run the evening and Sunday shorts on the 5 between Jarrow and North Shields

Looking like the bus will do South Shields - North Shields - Jarrow - North Shields - South Shields so i'm guessing it will be Washington.

(04 Jan 2018, 7:16 pm)Malarkey There on the GNE Website, just type the service number in the search bar

Thank you

(04 Jan 2018, 7:37 pm)Michael What a pointless timetable........ same as the 64 and 95...

As well as pointless it is absolutely disgraceful.starts around 9am to 2.30 pm  3 full runs and 2 part runs, is as much use as a bus with square wheels . 1st bus starts blackett st jarrow, also by passes jarrow bus station,what is that about,deliberately keeping this service away from 26/27 routes as much as possible.hospital visiting times go on to 8pm so why curtail a hospital bus in mid afternoon. If ever I saw a bus route set up to fail this is it.Gne want to be ashamed of treating their customers in this way.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Crusader - 04 Jan 2018

(04 Jan 2018, 8:50 pm)Northern4555 As well as pointless it is absolutely disgraceful.starts around 9am to 2.30 pm  3 full runs and 2 part runs, is as much use as a bus with square wheels . 1st bus starts blackett st jarrow, also by passes jarrow bus station,what is that about,deliberately keeping this service away from 26/27 routes as much as possible.hospital visiting times go on to 8pm so why curtail a hospital bus in mid afternoon. If ever I saw a bus route set up to fail this is it.Gne want to be ashamed of treating their customers in this way.

I’m guessing the service has been put on to keep direct links to the Hospital from parts of the 88 which would lose it with the new 26. So why would it serve Jarrow bus station? If the point of the service is to go to the Hospital then it doesn’t need to serve Jarrow. 

A 2.30pm finish isn’t any good for visitors. But maybe this bus is for patients? Anyone going to a outpatient appointment might be a bit poorly and needs the direct bus. Visitors are more likely to be able to change buses in jarrow?

I’m sure Go North East don’t deliberately aim to annoy their customers...that wouldn’t be very good business!

(04 Jan 2018, 9:00 pm)Crusader I’m guessing the service has been put on to keep direct links to the Hospital from parts of the 88 which would lose it with the new 26. So why would it serve Jarrow bus station? If the point of the service is to go to the Hospital then it doesn’t need to serve Jarrow. 

A 2.30pm finish isn’t any good for visitors. But maybe this bus is for patients? Anyone going to a outpatient appointment might be a bit poorly and needs the direct bus. Visitors are more likely to be able to change buses in jarrow?

I’m sure Go North East don’t deliberately aim to annoy their customers...that wouldn’t be very good business!

Going back to approx 2009 and the 88/88a was bus route 16 from lukeslane following 88 route to jarrow.it then went direct to Tyne dock upto hospital,Harmon nook horsey hill marsden inn coast rd tofairground onto market.this route was a reasonable route covering areas in Hebburn jarrow southshields and even the chance for a visit to the sea front without the long walk for many struggling to just get out.this bus stopped running past nook at approx 5-6 pm terminating on the housing estate next to hospital.then from approx 9.30pm it only ran jarrow bus station to Luke's lane for rest of the eveni

(04 Jan 2018, 9:27 pm)Northern4555 Going back to approx 2009 and the 88/88a was bus route 16 from lukeslane following 88 route to jarrow.it then went direct to Tyne dock upto hospital,Harmon nook horsey hill marsden inn coast rd tofairground onto market.this route was a reasonable route covering areas in Hebburn jarrow southshields and even the chance for a visit to the sea front without the long walk for many struggling to just get out.this bus stopped running past nook at approx 5-6 pm terminating on the housing estate next to hospital.then from approx 9.30pm it only ran jarrow bus station to Luke's lane for rest of the eveni

The old 16 was very popular with passengers,but GNE changed it saying it was again lack of numbers.this route still exists in part as  nexus 516 from hospital running old route back to market.surely a link up with that route paid by nexus on tender I agree,to the full 16 route reinstated would be better than this H1 is going to be,and 26 I'm not sure about the delays on this service as we see on 27 now a various times.just saying I think there are better options about.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Ds1197 - 04 Jan 2018

The old 16 was very popular with passengers,but GNE changed it saying it was again lack of numbers.this route still exists in part as  nexus 516 from hospital running old route back to market.surely a link up with that route paid by nexus on tender I agree,to the full 16 route reinstated would be better than this H1 is going to be,and 26 I'm not sure about the delays on this service as we see on 27 now a various times.just saying I think there are better options about.

Even though I think this is basically the route the 16 took but I think it would of made more sense to extend the 516 to Luke's lane instead of creating the trail service of H1

(04 Jan 2018, 10:20 pm)Ds1197 The old 16 was very popular with passengers,but GNE changed it saying it was again lack of numbers.this route still exists in part as  nexus 516 from hospital running old route back to market.surely a link up with that route paid by nexus on tender I agree,to the full 16 route reinstated would be better than this H1 is going to be,and 26 I'm not sure about the delays on this service as we see on 27 now a various times.just saying I think there are better options about.

Even though I think this is basically the route the 16 took but I think it would of made more sense to extend the 516 to Luke's lane instead of creating the trail service of H1

You should be a GNE route planner,makes perfect sense

(04 Jan 2018, 10:32 pm)Northern4555 You should be a GNE route planner,makes perfect sense

...until the statistics not publicly available are brought into it. Might not make as much sense then (not that I have seen the stats - just raising the point)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - L469 YVK - 04 Jan 2018

The 21:23 S/Shields to Jarrow journey on the 26 is missing from the Mon-Fri times but on the Saturday / Sunday timetable.

Also, the evening journeys on the 26 seem to connect at Jarrow bus station with the 27. Could GNE not sell through fares for these journeys considering that they get the full link during the day?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - MrBoyt - 04 Jan 2018

I wonder how many Lukes Lane residents will buy tickets on the 9 all the way to Boldon Asda from the estate and spend an unnecessary 30 minutes riding through Jarrow, rather than taking a 5 minute walk across Monkton Burn and down Roman Road to get on at the bottom of York Avenue...

My guess is - Quite a few