North East Buses
Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 (/showthread.php?tid=1832)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 04 Apr 2018

(02 Apr 2018, 10:18 am)MurdnunoC Rather ironically, this route more or less existed back in 1986/87. 

After de-reg, the 51/52 were merged into the new 67/68 which also absorbed the 'Dunston Circular' section of the 58/59 (in the later years, the 64/65), and extended to Metrocentre. After a few years, the 67/68 was split back into the 51/52 and the 64/65.

Didn't the 648/649 do a similar route? Same sort of period too. 
Off memory, the Eastern Gateshead section saw it come off Old Fold and down Old Durham Road to Gateshead and then pretty much the same route as the 49 towards the western side.

Quite a few cross Gateshead routes. 638/639, the ones you mentioned above, 527 to an extent. Sure there will be a couple more too.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - MurdnunoC - 04 Apr 2018

(04 Apr 2018, 6:55 pm)Andreos1 Didn't the 648/649 do a similar route? Same sort of period too. 
Off memory, the Eastern Gateshead section saw it come off Old Fold and down Old Durham Road to Gateshead and then pretty much the same route as the 49 towards the western side.

Quite a few cross Gateshead routes. 638/639, the ones you mentioned above, 527 to an extent. Sure there will be a couple more too.

The 51/52 was rerouted between Heworth and Gateshead via the 648/649 route when the latter was curtailed to terminate at Gateshead Metro. Prior the route of the former operated direct via Sunderland Road. The 27 was also amalgamated into the 51/52 between Gateshead and Wrekenton. Beforehand, it operated via Old Durham Road, Beacon Lough Road and Easedale Gardens instead of Gateshead Library and Dryden Road. 

I don't know exactly when the 'new' 51/52 came about, but I reckon it must have been the early-mid 2000's - I certainly remember using it around 2000/01. If I had to guess, I would estimate 2004 as that's when the 610/611/632 etc. were renumbered and revised.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - BusLoverMum - 04 Apr 2018

(04 Apr 2018, 8:04 pm)MurdnunoC The 51/52 was rerouted between Heworth and Gateshead via the 648/649 route when the latter was curtailed to terminate at Gateshead Metro. Prior the route of the former operated direct via Sunderland Road. The 27 was also amalgamated into the 51/52 between Gateshead and Wrekenton. Beforehand, it operated via Old Durham Road, Beacon Lough Road and Easedale Gardens instead of Gateshead Library and Dryden Road. 

I don't know exactly when the 'new' 51/52 came about, but I reckon it must have been the early-mid 2000's - I certainly remember using it around 2000/01. If I had to guess, I would estimate 2004 as that's when the 610/611/632 etc. were renumbered and revised.

Sure it was before then. I left Gateshead before then and caught the 51 or 52 at some point.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 05 Apr 2018

(04 Apr 2018, 8:04 pm)MurdnunoC The 51/52 was rerouted between Heworth and Gateshead via the 648/649 route when the latter was curtailed to terminate at Gateshead Metro. Prior the route of the former operated direct via Sunderland Road. The 27 was also amalgamated into the 51/52 between Gateshead and Wrekenton. Beforehand, it operated via Old Durham Road, Beacon Lough Road and Easedale Gardens instead of Gateshead Library and Dryden Road. 

I can't remember the 27 operating via Old Durham Road, but can remember the 51/52 going via Sunderland Road. For a period, seemingly operated only by Mk1 Metrobuses.

I can remember the 27 operating along Durham Road between Gateshead and Dryden Road, prior to it shifting to Prince Consort Road. Never quite understood the change and why that was the service picked to go along past the library etc.

The early 2000's was my lost period for public transport, but if I remember right, the 27 had been played about with quite a bit leading up to that period.
An extension to Shields to replace the 527 came about I think and that could have tied in with the period around the Shields depot closure. 

I seem to remember there was also a period where the 51/52 stopped operating along Easedale Gardens to/from Wrekenton and I think that was mid/late 90's. May have been slightly earlier.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - V514DFT - 05 Apr 2018

Im thinking between 2001 and 2003,2003 was a year when quite alot of routes changed,for example the 323 was withdrawn and the old 309 and was replaced with the R19 (now 19)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - MurdnunoC - 05 Apr 2018

(05 Apr 2018, 4:20 am)Andreos1 I can't remember the 27 operating via Old Durham Road, but can remember the 51/52 going via Sunderland Road. For a period, seemingly operated only by Mk1 Metrobuses.

I can remember the 27 operating along Durham Road between Gateshead and Dryden Road, prior to it shifting to Prince Consort Road. Never quite understood the change and why that was the service picked to go along past the library etc.

The early 2000's was my lost period for public transport, but if I remember right, the 27 had been played about with quite a bit leading up to that period.
An extension to Shields to replace the 527 came about I think and that could have tied in with the period around the Shields depot closure. 

I seem to remember there was also a period where the 51/52 stopped operating along Easedale Gardens to/from Wrekenton and I think that was mid/late 90's. May have been slightly earlier.

That was a different version of the 27 - a shortened number of the 527 which probably meant the other version of the 27 had been withdrawn by then. There was no direct lineage between the two routes. The 87 (Fellgate Estate - Jarrow  Hebburn - Lukes Lane - Heworth - Q.E. - Newcastle) replaced the route of the 527 via the QE, Deckham and Shipcote which allowed the 27 to operate direct via Sunderland Road to allow a quicker journey time to Newcastle from South Shields, Jarrow and Hebburn. The 87 was replaced partially by the 67 (which also partially replaced the 77, and, in turn, the 777 and 183). 

This version of the 27 commenced from around 1982 onwards (when buses were curtailed to terminate at Gateshead due to the Metro). It originally operated from Gateshead Metro, along Durham Road, up Beacon Lough Road and Easedale Gardens, through Wrekenton and Springwell Estate, up Wealcroft to Fewster Square, then down Colegate and High Heworth Lane to Heworth Metro. The 25 originally served Dryden Road but the routes of the 25 and 27 were switched sometime in the 1990s, and the 27 was revised to operate via Dryden Road between Shipcote and Beacon Lough Road. The 27 was eventually withdrawn and the route was partially absorbed by the 51/52. 

I have timetables in the house and I'll share them when I get the opportunity.

EDIT: Found this online for the old 27 dated 28th February 2004

Also timetable for the 648 dated 30th January 2005 and 649 dated 5th October 2004.

And the original routes of the 51/52 dated 28th February 2004.

So later than I originally guessed.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - V514DFT - 05 Apr 2018

(05 Apr 2018, 4:09 pm)MurdnunoC That was a different version of the 27 - a shortened number of the 527 which probably meant the other version of the 27 had been withdrawn by then. There was no direct lineage between the two routes. The 87 (Fellgate Estate - Jarrow  Hebburn - Lukes Lane - Heworth - Q.E. - Newcastle) replaced the route of the 527 via the QE, Deckham and Shipcote which allowed the 27 to operate direct via Sunderland Road to allow a quicker journey time to Newcastle from South Shields, Jarrow and Hebburn. The 87 was replaced partially by the 67 (which also partially replaced the 77, and, in turn, the 777 and 183). 

This version of the 27 commenced from around 1982 onwards (when buses were curtailed to terminate at Gateshead due to the Metro). It originally operated from Gateshead Metro, along Durham Road, up Beacon Lough Road and Easedale Gardens, through Wrekenton and Springwell Estate, up Wealcroft to Fewster Square, then down Colegate and High Heworth Lane to Heworth Metro. The 25 originally served Dryden Road but the routes of the 25 and 27 were switched sometime in the 1990s, and the 27 was revised to operate via Dryden Road between Shipcote and Beacon Lough Road. The 27 was eventually withdrawn and the route was partially absorbed by the 51/52. 

Also timetable for the 648 dated 30th January 2005 and 649 dated 5th October 2004.

Which 67 though,cus the current 67 was the 69A up until 2012 (i know that cus my son was only a couple of weeks old)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 05 Apr 2018

(05 Apr 2018, 4:09 pm)MurdnunoC That was a different version of the 27 - a shortened number of the 527 which probably meant the other version of the 27 had been withdrawn by then. There was no direct lineage between the two routes. The 87 (Fellgate Estate - Jarrow  Hebburn - Lukes Lane - Heworth - Q.E. - Newcastle) replaced the route of the 527 via the QE, Deckham and Shipcote which allowed the 27 to operate direct via Sunderland Road to allow a quicker journey time to Newcastle from South Shields, Jarrow and Hebburn. The 87 was replaced partially by the 67 (which also partially replaced the 77, and, in turn, the 777 and 183). 

I used the 27 on and off until the mid-90's and apart from the Low Fell Cross-Tyne service, it was the only one I recall going along Dryden Road.
As far as I remember, the 25 operated through Low Fell, alongside the 24 and 26. 
I do remember a night service up Beacon Lough Road in the mid 80's. Cant recall which way it operated to get there though.

The change to the 27 and it operating along Prince Consort Road must have came about 96/97ish. By which point the 26 had gone and the 24/25 were just play things, being changed as often as the 1/2 were in subsequent years.

I could have been sure the 27 (in that guise), continued to Shields (or at least towards it) in the Durham Road/Prince Consort Road days. Possibly before the 87 that you mention.
However, in hindsight, I may be getting it confused with a version of the 57.

Have to apologise regarding the 648/49 and mentioning them alongside Old Fold. Meant Carr Hill. Always have got the two mixed up. No idea why.

A glance at those timetables would be great.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Charles41 - 05 Apr 2018

(05 Apr 2018, 6:41 pm)V514DFT Which 67 though,cus the current 67 was the 69A up until 2012 (i know that cus my son was only a couple of weeks old)

There was also the Low Fell Coaches route which went up Church Road to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital. North Eastern ran via Rectory Road and Saltwell Road South to Kibblesworth. Finally GNE used to serve Carr Hill Road Health Centre but I can't remember the route number.

Charles

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - JM03 - 05 Apr 2018

(05 Apr 2018, 9:47 am)V514DFT Im thinking between 2001 and 2003,2003 was a year when quite alot of routes changed,for example the 323 was withdrawn and the old 309 and was replaced with the R19 (now 19)
What was the R19. Always wondered.

(05 Apr 2018, 7:13 pm)Charles41 There was also the Low Fell Coaches route which went up Church Road to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital. North Eastern ran via Rectory Road and Saltwell Road South to Kibblesworth. Finally GNE used to serve Carr Hill Road Health Centre but I can't remember the route number.

Charles

89 used to run direct via Carr Hill Road. Not too familiar with where the health centre is though. The 89 was a minibus which ran between Gateshead and Wrekenton via Carr Hill, Broadway, Q.E., Beacon Lough Estate and most of the estates around Wrekenton/Eighton Banks.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - westy3738 - 05 Apr 2018

(05 Apr 2018, 7:08 pm)Andreos1 I used the 27 on and off until the mid-90's and apart from the Low Fell Cross-Tyne service, it was the only one I recall going along Dryden Road.
As far as I remember, the 25 operated through Low Fell, alongside the 24 and 26. 
I do remember a night service up Beacon Lough Road in the mid 80's. Cant recall which way it operated to get there though.

The change to the 27 and it operating along Prince Consort Road must have came about 96/97ish. By which point the 26 had gone and the 24/25 were just play things, being changed as often as the 1/2 were in subsequent years.

I could have been sure the 27 (in that guise), continued to Shields (or at least towards it) in the Durham Road/Prince Consort Road days. Possibly before the 87 that you mention.

Have to apologise regarding the 648/49 and mentioning them alongside Old Fold. Meant Carr Hill. Always have got the two mixed up. No idea why.

I think the 27 went vis the Library when the 88f90 were removed from there.

The 187 came after the 77 and was replaced by a diversion to the 69A

(05 Apr 2018, 9:37 pm)westy3738 I think the 27 went vis the Library when the 88f90 were removed from there.

The 187 came after the 77 and was replaced by a diversion to the 69A

It did. There was also a 27A variant which ran via Leam Lane and Cotemede instead of Wealcroft to replace the 88/90 on that section of route.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - BusLoverMum - 05 Apr 2018

(05 Apr 2018, 4:20 am)Andreos1 I can't remember the 27 operating via Old Durham Road, but can remember the 51/52 going via Sunderland Road. For a period, seemingly operated only by Mk1 Metrobuses.

Yep, I used to catch the 27 on Dryden road. It pretty much followed the route of the quaylink thru low fell. Lived near felling metro before I lived there and buses along dunderSund road were like rocking horse manure. When the metro went down and I had to get a bus home, instead, I'd have to walk down from felling Square.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - MurdnunoC - 06 Apr 2018

(05 Apr 2018, 7:08 pm)Andreos1 I used the 27 on and off until the mid-90's and apart from the Low Fell Cross-Tyne service, it was the only one I recall going along Dryden Road.

I think you and BLM must have misunderstood my post about the route of the 27. The 27 did not operate up Old Durham Road, the 51/52 operated along Old Durham Road and Beacon Lough Road before the two routes were combined with the 51/52 replacing the 27 between Gateshead and Wrekenton (via Gateshead Library, Dryden Road etc.). Perhaps I could have been clearer on that point. 

The 57 (initially as the 557) was extended from Heworth to South Shields via the route of the old 533 via Fellgate Estate, Boldon Colliery and Whiteleas. As we in the North East can't be trusted with three-digit numbering as we find it 'confusing'. The 557 became the 57 much like the 527 became the 27. 

I'm trying to post a pic of the 25 timetable when it still operated along Dryden Road along with a list of changes in Gateshead which happened on Deregulation Day. However, I'm having trouble doing it at the moment due to an error message on the site. Hopefully it will be sorted out soon.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - GuyParkRoyal - 06 Apr 2018

PB0003954/898 Registered (Short notice)
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Bishop Auckland College to Bishop Auckland College
Service number: BA1
Service type: Limited Stop
Effective date: 21 Apr 2018

Bishop Auckland Food Festival.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - LVK 404L - 06 Apr 2018

(06 Apr 2018, 12:38 pm)MurdnunoC I think you and BLM must have misunderstood my post about the route of the 27. The 27 did not operate up Old Durham Road, the 51/52 operated along Old Durham Road and Beacon Lough Road before the two routes were combined with the 51/52 replacing the 27 between Gateshead and Wrekenton (via Gateshead Library, Dryden Road etc.). Perhaps I could have been clearer on that point. 

The 57 (initially as the 557) was extended from Heworth to South Shields via the route of the old 533 via Fellgate Estate, Boldon Colliery and Whiteleas. As we in the North East can't be trusted with three-digit numbering as we find it 'confusing'. The 557 became the 57 much like the 527 became the 27. 

I'm trying to post a pic of the 25 timetable when it still operated along Dryden Road along with a list of changes in Gateshead which happened on Deregulation Day. However, I'm having trouble doing it at the moment due to an error message on the site. Hopefully it will be sorted out soon.

The 557 replaced the 550 via Brockley Whins, Simonside and Tyne Dock as opposed to the 533.

most if not all of this information is on this site already in the Archive area.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - LeeCalder - 06 Apr 2018

(05 Apr 2018, 7:33 pm)JM03 What was the R19. Always wondered.

The 19.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 06 Apr 2018

(06 Apr 2018, 12:38 pm)MurdnunoC I think you and BLM must have misunderstood my post about the route of the 27. The 27 did not operate up Old Durham Road, the 51/52 operated along Old Durham Road and Beacon Lough Road before the two routes were combined with the 51/52 replacing the 27 between Gateshead and Wrekenton (via Gateshead Library, Dryden Road etc.). Perhaps I could have been clearer on that point. 

I definitely read it as the 27 using Old Durham Road. Memory is slacking, but was pretty sure it hadn't.
Sort it out murdnunoC Wink

Just to clarify:
27 - Gateshead - Durham Road - Dryden Road - Wrekenton - Heworth.
51/52 - Gateshead - Sunderland Road - Heworth/Wrekenton etc - Old Durham Road - Gateshead (circular).

27 - As above but via Prince Consort Road.
51/52 As above but via Carr Hill (circular).

27 - Gateshead - Sunderland Road - Heworth - Shields.
51/52 - As above but via Dryden Road/Prince Consort Road (circular).

Q1/Q2 - is 51/52 renumbered.

Need 25 via Dryden Road and 27 Durham Road/Kells Lane confirming.

Is it this site giving the error message? 
It would be good to see the changes that happened on de-reg day.
Keen to see how many I have forgotten.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jamie M - 06 Apr 2018

little off-topic but I'm surprised how late the 57 was going to shields. Found a picture from 2008 showing a fab 57 bus heading that way.