North East Buses
Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 (/showthread.php?tid=1832)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jamie M - 22 Aug 2018

(22 Aug 2018, 3:14 pm)Rob44 I used the 850 bus on a Sunday to catch my connection at Gateshead Metro - was never the only person on the bus but was never rammed either. Just makes me smile the GNE made a great deal of the fact they were taking over the route when nexus et al couldn't afford to run it but now they are cutting it back  - and ive just noticed not just on a Sunday but every night of the week.  Smile
They put extra buses on at sage and you can still get a 53 54 from station. Only place missing out is guildhall which is tight as anything, and baltic, which nobody seems to ever use past midday.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Rob44 - 22 Aug 2018

I'll just walk up the bank to catch my bus, saying that hardly anyone uses that so that service could be next!

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 23 Aug 2018

PB0003954/785 Registered
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: DURHAM BUS STATION 'G' dep to HIGH PITTINGTON CROSSROADS
Service number: 204 (204A)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 01 Oct 2018

PB0003954/1054 Registered
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: South Hylton, Metro to Heworth Metro
Service number: 901
Service type: Limited Stop
Effective date: 04 Nov 2018

PB0003954/1053 Registered (Short notice)
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: South Shields Metro to Hebburn Metro
Service number: 900
Service type: Limited Stop
Effective date: 02 Sep 2018

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 07 Sep 2018

New 700 timetable is on the NEXUS site: https://nexus.org.uk/sites/default/files/700-gne-170918.pdf - Starts on the 17.9.18, running every 15 minutes, no longer going to Roker.

701 will once again be ran by Gateshead Central Taxis during the day, with the evening service ran by Go North East - https://nexus.org.uk/sites/default/files/701-gct-gne-170918.pdf

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - OrangeArrow49 - 07 Sep 2018

Anyone know what GNE is using of the 792 now they have acquired it from Stanley Travel?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - pbjd - 08 Sep 2018

(07 Sep 2018, 9:11 pm)OrangeArrow49 Anyone know what GNE is using of the 792 now they have acquired it from Stanley Travel?

Ex-Bluestar Citaros.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - OrangeArrow49 - 08 Sep 2018

(08 Sep 2018, 7:05 am)pbjd Ex-Bluestar Citaros.

Thanks. Is the 792 a normal stopping public service?

(08 Sep 2018, 7:05 am)pbjd Ex-Bluestar Citaros.

Thanks. Is the 792 a normal stopping public service?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - pbjd - 08 Sep 2018

(08 Sep 2018, 7:10 am)OrangeArrow49 Thanks. Is the 792 a normal stopping public service?

Yes, any ticket valid on GNE is valid on the 792.

(08 Sep 2018, 9:36 am)pbjd Yes, any ticket valid on GNE is valid on the 792.

Thank you. I'd like to ride it sometime. Why does it only run once a day in each direction? I don't see the use of the service. I thought it was possibly a scholars or special bus service. 

So I can get a single, Day Saver or Day Rover on the 792?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jamie M - 08 Sep 2018

(08 Sep 2018, 4:00 pm)OrangeArrow49 Thank you. I'd like to ride it sometime. Why does it only run once a day in each direction? I don't see the use of the service. I thought it was possibly a scholars or special bus service. 

It's a workers service to benton. And yes, don't see why not. Whatever you normally use.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 08 Sep 2018

(08 Sep 2018, 4:00 pm)OrangeArrow49 Thank you. I'd like to ride it sometime. Why does it only run once a day in each direction? I don't see the use of the service. I thought it was possibly a scholars or special bus service. 

It's been around for years. Ditto the 794.
Not sure why Derwentside was chosen as I can't see it being a key employment hot-spot for the ministry.
What gets me, is that the vast majority of contacted workers services have been given the 9xx prefix and have tended to sick with it. 
These two have the old County Durham 7xx prefix, which makes me wonder about the history of the route.

(08 Sep 2018, 4:01 pm)Jamie M It's a workers service to benton. And yes, don't see why not. Whatever you normally use.

What is a workers service? If anyone can use it, what makes it a workers service? Just that it runs infrequently?

(08 Sep 2018, 4:21 pm)Andreos1 It's been around for years. Ditto the 794.
Not sure why Derwentside was chosen as I can't see it being a key employment hot-spot for the ministry.
What gets me, is that the vast majority of contacted workers services have been given the 9xx prefix and have tended to sick with it. 
These two have the old County Durham 7xx prefix, which makes me wonder about the history of the route.

I've never heard of it, or the 794. Who has operated it over the years?

It seems random, Benton in the morning and Blackhall Mill in the afternoon. Doesn't seem like a key employment route to be honest, especially operating each way just once a day.

Hopefully I can use the workers service at some point. I like GNE.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jamie M - 08 Sep 2018

(08 Sep 2018, 4:40 pm)OrangeArrow49 What is a workers service? If anyone can use it, what makes it a workers service? Just that it runs infrequently?

It seems random, Benton in the morning and Blackhall Mill in the afternoon. Doesn't seem like a key employment route to be honest, especially operating each way just once a day.

Kingleys and stanley taxis. It takes people to the benton business park which is a huge employer in the north east and is targeted at getting people to there and from there.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Tom - 08 Sep 2018

(08 Sep 2018, 4:40 pm)OrangeArrow49 What is a workers service? If anyone can use it, what makes it a workers service? Just that it runs infrequently?

It's for the government offices - DWP at Tyneview Park and HMRC at Benton. I don't know how many people use the services though, but the 391/392 which operate to the North Shields area have ok passenger numbers.

(08 Sep 2018, 4:54 pm)Tom It's for the government offices - DWP at Tyneview Park and HMRC at Benton. I don't know how many people use the services though, but the 391/392 which operate to the North Shields area have ok passenger numbers.

Well hopefully I get to use it. Does it have any connecting GNE services?

(08 Sep 2018, 6:34 pm)OrangeArrow49 Well hopefully I get to use it. Does it have any connecting GNE services?

Do you mean from Tyneview Park?

If you got off on Benton Front Street you could walk to the Metro and get the 42 or 42A, but that's about it from GNE in that area, apart from the K3 which probably wouldn't be of use.

(08 Sep 2018, 7:53 pm)Tom Do you mean from Tyneview Park?

If you got off on Benton Front Street you could walk to the Metro and get the 42 or 42A, but that's about it from GNE in that area, apart from the K3 which probably wouldn't be of use.

Yes, from Tyneview Park. Thank you, Tom.

So I can use the 792 and then get the Metro or the 42/42A to continue my journey from Benton. Just to give the 792 a try really, it runs a bit early so I would be very early to wherever I got the Metro or 42/42A to from Benton. I would be travelling in 2 zones so that would be quite costly too.

(08 Sep 2018, 8:03 pm)OrangeArrow49 Yes, from Tyneview Park. Thank you, Tom.

So I can use the 792 and then get the Metro or the 42/42A to continue my journey from Benton. Just to give the 792 a try really, it runs a bit early so I would be very early to wherever I got the Metro or 42/42A to from Benton. I would be travelling in 2 zones so that would be quite costly too.

Yeah you could get the 42 to Wallsend then get a bus back to Newcastle if you wanted a 2 zone go north east ticket.

(08 Sep 2018, 8:38 pm)Tom Yeah you could get the 42 to Wallsend then get a bus back to Newcastle if you wanted a 2 zone go north east ticket.

I would not have to wait long for a 42/42A after getting off the 792 in Benton and then it would take around 30 minutes to get from Benton to Wallsend and then get a bus into Newcastle. Quite a trip, but it makes use of the 792 at least. I don't know how reliable the 792 and 42/42A services are. I usually get the X84/X85 to get a GNE 2 zone, or I can use the 74 and 32A when they operate (I have only used a Day Rover, Blue Zone, Return and Single on there so far and only a 2 zone on the X85).

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Wybus - 08 Sep 2018

I’m guessing just in the same way that scholars are ‘all welcome’, I bet nobody bar the workers ever gets on the 792 or 794.

If you try and flag down the one in the afternoon, I bet they’d go straight past.

I may be wrong mind.