North East Buses
Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 (/showthread.php?tid=1832)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jamie M - 08 Sep 2018

(08 Sep 2018, 11:19 pm)Wybus I’m guessing just in the same way that scholars are ‘all welcome’, I bet nobody bar the workers ever gets on the 792 or 794.

If you try and flag down the one in the afternoon, I bet they’d go straight past.

I may be wrong mind.
When I was a wor emmanuel college scholars, I hopped on a 794 once or twice when 933/northerns weren't there.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - OrangeArrow49 - 08 Sep 2018

(08 Sep 2018, 11:19 pm)Wybus I’m guessing just in the same way that scholars are ‘all welcome’, I bet nobody bar the workers ever gets on the 792 or 794.

If you try and flag down the one in the afternoon, I bet they’d go straight past.

I may be wrong mind.

I always thought it meant all scholars are welcome, not everyone. Maybe. It has a timetable and I guess it has fares, so other people can surely use the service.

Why the afternoon one? I might try it, just to see! 

Hopefully you are wrong! I want to ride the 792 if possible.

(08 Sep 2018, 11:42 pm)OrangeArrow49 I always thought it meant all scholars are welcome, not everyone. Maybe. It has a timetable and I guess it has fares, so other people can surely use the service.

Why the afternoon one? I might try it, just to see! 

Hopefully you are wrong! I want to ride the 792 if possible.

Most scholars are open to everyone, it'll be clearly stated if you can't.

You will be able to get on the bus at any designated stop, no reason why you shouldn't. There's an offchance that the driver might not be expecting to picking anybody up.. but that's a different argument altogether.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - OrangeArrow49 - 08 Sep 2018

(08 Sep 2018, 11:44 pm)Jamie M Most scholars are open to everyone, it'll be clearly stated if you can't.

You will be able to get on the bus at any designated stop, no reason why you shouldn't. There's an offchance that the driver might not be expecting to picking anybody up.. but that's a different argument altogether.

Thanks. I didn't know that.

Hopefully. What do you mean the driver might not be expecting to pick anybody up?

(08 Sep 2018, 11:50 pm)OrangeArrow49 Thanks. I didn't know that.

Hopefully. What do you mean the driver might not be expecting to pick anybody up?
I can't imagine many people get on such a trip to blackhall mill from a place like benton... but it shouldn't be a problem.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - OrangeArrow49 - 09 Sep 2018

(08 Sep 2018, 11:59 pm)Jamie M I can't imagine many people get on such a trip to blackhall mill from a place like benton... but it shouldn't be a problem.

I am considering getting the service from Denton Burn/Cowgate to Benton, not the afternoon service to Blackhall Mill. Thanks.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jamie M - 09 Sep 2018

(09 Sep 2018, 12:02 am)OrangeArrow49 I am considering getting the service from Denton Burn/Cowgate to Benton, not the afternoon service to Blackhall Mill. Thanks.
Very much doubt you'll ever have a problem so long as you get on the correct stop

(09 Sep 2018, 12:03 am)Jamie M Very much doubt you'll ever have a problem so long as you get on the correct stop

Thank you. I will have to see about trying it out!

(09 Sep 2018, 12:06 am)OrangeArrow49 Thank you. I will have to see about trying it out!
Think we should all try some sleep out now first though!

(09 Sep 2018, 12:08 am)Jamie M Think we should all try some sleep out now first though!

Yes, I agree Jamie M!

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jimmi - 09 Sep 2018

From September 30th 2018, alternate journeys will run roughly every 2 hours (combined hourly) on services 204/204A with the new 204A operating between High Pittington and Sherburn Village via Sherburn Hill.

Timetables can be found here: http://www.cartogold.co.uk/durhamPT/

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - S813 FVK - 09 Sep 2018

(09 Sep 2018, 4:33 pm)Jimmi From September 30th 2018, alternate journeys will run roughly every 2 hours (combined hourly) on services 204/204A with the new 204A operating between High Pittington and Sherburn Village via Sherburn Hill.

Timetables can be found here: http://www.cartogold.co.uk/durhamPT/

Details also on GNE website:
https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/timesfares/204

Rather hidden on the service page only though. Hopefully a more public announcement (ie via the usual news format) is to follow.

(09 Sep 2018, 4:41 pm)S813 FVK Details also on GNE website:

Rather hidden on the service page only though. Hopefully a more public announcement (ie via the usual news format) is to follow.
Quite a handful for the display too I guess. Impinging on AD122 territory

203 doesn't seem to be used anywhere that I can find.. hopefully something along those lines can be done!

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 09 Sep 2018

(08 Sep 2018, 4:40 pm)OrangeArrow49 What is a workers service? If anyone can use it, what makes it a workers service? Just that it runs infrequently?

I've never heard of it, or the 794. Who has operated it over the years?

It seems random, Benton in the morning and Blackhall Mill in the afternoon. Doesn't seem like a key employment route to be honest, especially operating each way just once a day.

Hopefully I can use the workers service at some point. I like GNE.

GNE had the 794 for years. Can remember Nationals operating it. 
I do think the route is a legacy of days gone by and for whatever reason has stuck about. 
Would love someone to clarify its legacy! 

Not too different to the 968. 
Slightly different to its original guise, but one that shadows commercial routes. 
I can't see many people using either end to end, but the 968 gets used locally and has been around for a fair few years too.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jimmi - 09 Sep 2018

(09 Sep 2018, 4:41 pm)S813 FVK Details also on GNE website:

This was the first I've heard of it, apart from the VOSA registration several posts back that I paid no attention to at the time.

(09 Sep 2018, 4:51 pm)Jamie M Quite a handful for the display too I guess. Impinging on AD122 territory

203 doesn't seem to be used anywhere that I can find.. hopefully something along those lines can be done!

There was a 203 that was part of the East Durham network at some point, think it was something like Peterlee - Dalton Park - Houghton-le-Spring from a quick Google search.

For some reason, stuff like 'A' and other letter prefixes seems to be preferred over having service numbers differing by one number, although personally I prefer 'A' prefixes if there is only minor differences in route and feel more service numbers just causes more confusion in those cases.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 09 Sep 2018

(09 Sep 2018, 5:34 pm)Jimmi This was the first I've heard of it, apart from the VOSA registration several posts back that I paid no attention to at the time.

There was a 203 that was part of the East Durham network at some point, think it was something like Peterlee - Dalton Park - Houghton-le-Spring from a quick Google search.

For some reason, stuff like 'A' and other letter prefixes seems to be preferred over having service numbers differing by one number, although personally I prefer 'A' prefixes if there is only minor differences in route and feel more service numbers just causes more confusion in those cases.

Yeah, the 203 operated via Copt Hill/Seaton between Seaham and Houghton.
Funded for quite a while off memory.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - westy3738 - 09 Sep 2018

(09 Sep 2018, 5:20 pm)Andreos1 GNE had the 794 for years. Can remember Nationals operating it. 
I do think the route is a legacy of days gone by and for whatever reason has stuck about. 
Would love someone to clarify its legacy! 

Not too different to the 968. 
Slightly different to its original guise, but one that shadows commercial routes. 
I can't see many people using either end to end, but the 968 gets used locally and has been around for a fair few years too.

The Longbenton DSS had a number of services from a wide ranging area, 792 and 794 are survivors from the "northern" catchment area. There used to be a 691 which ran Chopwell to the DSS but via Ryton and Newburn bridge.

If you are planning to ride the 792 or 794 please note access to DWP Tyne View Park is to employees only as it is classed as government property.

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - cbma06 - 09 Sep 2018

(09 Sep 2018, 5:41 pm)Andreos1 Yeah, the 203 operated via Copt Hill/Seaton between Seaham and Houghton.
Funded for quite a while off memory.

Before that it was the 148 and before that it was the 735

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(09 Sep 2018, 7:45 pm)cbma06 Before that it was the 148 and before that it was the 735

Sounds very sensible, do they just have a number generator for this stuff?

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - cbma06 - 09 Sep 2018

(09 Sep 2018, 7:47 pm)Jamie M Sounds very sensible, do they just have a number generator for this stuff?

735 was the originally service until northern cut back the service just to go between Newcastle and houghton only, council had to step in and the service got funded as a service 148, and been funded ever since