North East Buses
Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 (/showthread.php?tid=1832)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Tom - 12 Apr 2019

(12 Apr 2019, 7:58 pm)OrangeArrow49 Just some questions to clarify:
11 only running Whitley Bay - Wallsend? The 1 will now serve the Metrocentre and continue to serve Gateshead - Whitley Bay? Thw X25 going to be replaced by the 25, but not serving Newcastle? What is going to replace the X25 in Newcastle? 42A no longer going to serve Kingston Park, terminating at Dinnington and not serving Benton Asda?

From what I gather, the 1s that currently terminate at Gateshead will be renumbered 1A and extend to MetroCentre.
I don't think the 42A will terminate at Dinnington?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - L469 YVK - 12 Apr 2019

(12 Apr 2019, 8:04 pm)Tom From what I gather, the 1s that currently terminate at Gateshead will be renumbered 1A and extend to MetroCentre.
I don't think the 42A will terminate at Dinnington?

42A will be a split registration more than likely due to Tacho rules.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - S813 FVK - 12 Apr 2019

The 25 is an amendment to the X25 registration which also only shows as running between Chester-le-Street and Langley Park. VOSA have been known for mistakes so I’m not sure it is a case of being curtailed to that section only.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 12 Apr 2019

(12 Apr 2019, 8:59 pm)S813 FVK The 25 is an amendment to the X25 registration which also only shows as running between Chester-le-Street and Newcastle. VOSA have been known for mistakes so I’m not sure it is a case of being curtailed to that section only.

I can't remember if it was 'what was' the 725 or 726, but there was one which was curtailed for a period, just running the section south of Chester.
I've an idea it may have been the latter. 

Either way, it didn't last long.

Sure someone can confirm.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - peter - 12 Apr 2019

(11 Apr 2019, 7:31 am)S813 FVK [*]PB0003954/762 Registered
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
[*]Route: CHESTER-LE-ST, RED LION dep to LANGLEY PARK, STRINGER TERRACE
Service number: 25 ()
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 19 May 2019

(12 Apr 2019, 8:59 pm)S813 FVK The 25 is an amendment to the X25 registration which also only shows as running between Chester-le-Street and Newcastle. VOSA have been known for mistakes so I’m not sure it is a case of being curtailed to that section only.

(12 Apr 2019, 10:09 pm)Andreos1 I can't remember if it was 'what was' the 725 or 726, but there was one which was curtailed for a period, just running the section south of Chester.

The new 25 is an amendment to run between Chester-le-Street and Langley Park only! There's been no new registration as of yet that replaces the north section.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Ds1197 - 12 Apr 2019

Anyone know when these on going gne website?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Malarkey - 12 Apr 2019

(12 Apr 2019, 11:30 pm)Ds1197 Anyone know when these on going  gne website?

next week more than likely

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Kuyoyo - 13 Apr 2019

(12 Apr 2019, 11:07 pm)peter The new 25 is an amendment to run between Chester-le-Street and Langley Park only! There's been no new registration as of yet that replaces the north section.

And if you look back at the previous X25 registration - it was also only listed as Langley Park and Chester-le-Street!

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - big mac - 13 Apr 2019

(12 Apr 2019, 10:56 am)S813 FVK As I understand it it's the 1A that won't go to Kibblesworth anymore, running to Metrocentre instead to replace the 11.

(12 Apr 2019, 10:09 pm)Andreos1 I can't remember if it was 'what was' the 725 or 726, but there was one which was curtailed for a period, just running the section south of Chester.

There was a route which ran between Chester and Langley Park via Nettlesworth (the old 725 route) for a short period that got withdrawn, I think when Durham County Council cut funding and there were a lot of county Durham services that got withdrawn. That section of route is now served by a Durham Council minibus service which only runs on a Tuesday and Saturday.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 13 Apr 2019

(12 Apr 2019, 11:36 pm)Malarkey next week more than likely

Hopefully, its a major changes so hope they would be on next week.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - big mac - 18 Apr 2019

(13 Apr 2019, 10:56 am)Michael Hopefully, its a major changes so hope they would be on next week.

No sign of them so far!

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 18 Apr 2019

(18 Apr 2019, 10:58 am)big mac No sign of them so far!

Probables not see them online until after Easter Monday.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - DH9 - 19 Apr 2019

The new bus times are on Traveline North East now and have been since Thursday.

As far as I can ascertain (and this is not exhaustive).

X5 Sunderland to Hartlepool becomes 55/55A/55X
X6 and X7 seem only to be Sunderland to Peterlee with Hartlepool extension on X6 gone  (I stand to be corrected).
X21 Newcastle to Bishop Auckland extended to Tindale Crescent and replacing withdrawn service 18 in the Bishop Auckland area.
X25 Newcastle to Langley Park renumbered 25 and will continue to operate the whole route.
1/1A Whitley Bay to Wrekinton revised - the timetables were being updated when I looked and it looks as though the 1 continues to Wrekinton with the 1A replacing the 11 between Gateshead and Metrocentre.   I assume the 1B is the evening loop Metrocentre to Lobely Hill.   The 1A extension to the Metrocentre isn't showing though.
8/8A Sunderland to Stanley seem to be timing revisions only.
11 will become Wallsend to North Shields as already suggested.
13 and 14 Durham to Langley Park are timing revisions.
28B Chester-le-Street to Birtley extended to Newcastle to replace evening service 1A.
20/20A/X20 South Shields to Durham times revised only.
35/35A Heworth Sunderland to Hetton revised.
36 Castletown Sunderland to Chester-le-Street withdrawn with 71 returning to the Houghto-le-Spring to Chester-le-Street stretch.
78/78A Sundlerand to Consett seem to be timing revisions only.

One missed is that the 15 and 15A Consett to Durham will be renumbered X15 and X5 respectively.   I query whether this is an error.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - V514DFT - 20 Apr 2019

(19 Apr 2019, 11:12 pm)DH9 The new bus times are on Traveline North East now and have been since Thursday.

As far as I can ascertain (and this is not exhaustive).

X5 Sunderland to Hartlepool becomes 55/55A/55X
X6 and X7 seem only to be Sunderland to Peterlee with Hartlepool extension on X6 gone  (I stand to be corrected).
X21 Newcastle to Bishop Auckland extended to Tindale Crescent and replacing withdrawn service 18 in the Bishop Auckland area.
X25 Newcastle to Langley Park renumbered 25 and will continue to operate the whole route.
1/1A Whitley Bay to Wrekinton revised - the timetables were being updated when I looked and it looks as though the 1 continues to Wrekinton with the 1A replacing the 11 between Gateshead and Metrocentre.   I assume the 1B is the evening loop Metrocentre to Lobely Hill.   The 1A extension to the Metrocentre isn't showing though.
8/8A Sunderland to Stanley seem to be timing revisions only.
11 will become Wallsend to North Shields as already suggested.
13 and 14 Durham to Langley Park are timing revisions.
28B Chester-le-Street to Birtley extended to Newcastle to replace evening service 1A.
20/20A/X20 South Shields to Durham times revised only.
35/35A Heworth Sunderland to Hetton revised.
36 Castletown Sunderland to Chester-le-Street withdrawn with 71 returning to the Houghto-le-Spring to Chester-le-Street stretch.
78/78A Sundlerand to Consett seem to be timing revisions only.

One missed is that the 15 and 15A Consett to Durham will be renumbered X15 and X5 respectively.   I query whether this is an error.

I dont get why the 55X cant be numbered as the X55 since GNE dont already have an X55

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - idiot - 20 Apr 2019

Yet GNE don't like a b c etc but when it suits them...

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - TyneWearTeesGNE - 20 Apr 2019

Anyone have the link to the traveline service changes? I can’t find it

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - LeeCalder - 20 Apr 2019

(20 Apr 2019, 6:07 am)TyneWearTeesGNE Anyone have the link to the traveline service changes? I can’t find it

They don't list the timetables in a set format. You have to search for a specific journey and make what you can from that.

For example, I search for a bus from Eldon Square to Ouston on a Friday in June, and it appears the last 28B from Eldon Square to Chester-le-Street is going to run at 23:00.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - TyneWearTeesGNE - 20 Apr 2019

Looks like 55 will operate via Silksworth as well

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jimmi - 20 Apr 2019

(20 Apr 2019, 6:07 am)TyneWearTeesGNE Anyone have the link to the traveline service changes? I can’t find it
https://www.traveline.info

If you go on the timetable page and search from after the changes come into effect (I'm inputting May 20th) it brings up the option of viewing detailed or summery timetables (this is on mobile may be different for web browser).

Quick look has given me:

X21 incorporating the Woodhouse section of the 18.

X20 half hourly Durham to Sunderland, suggests terminating at Sunderland Interchange but starts at Burdon Road.

X6/X7 Sunderland to Peterlee Bus Station only, X7 now stopping at Dalton Park.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Dans_bus_photos - 20 Apr 2019

Looking at the timetables it looks like the X6/X7 will interwork with the X20 with a PVR of 6. Could this be were the North Tyne indiGo's are destined for?