North East Buses
Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 (/showthread.php?tid=1832)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 18 May 2019

(18 May 2019, 1:24 pm)JP6004 Well a reduction of 1 bus per hour is shocking along this corridor. I dont know how people will cope!

Glad you've eventually realised there's been a reduction and comparable lower frequency. 
It only took you a few posts and a good night's sleep for the penny to drop. 

Obviously the lower frequency was just a small part of the initial point I was making in the original post.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - JP6004 - 18 May 2019

(18 May 2019, 1:54 pm)Andreos1 Glad you've eventually realised there's been a reduction and comparable lower frequency. 
It only took you a few posts and a good night's sleep for the penny to drop. 

Obviously the lower frequency was just a small part of the initial point I was making in the original post.

Sorry I had to strip back the ambiguity to uncover the points you were raising. I have no comments on price of fares as I purchase annual bus pass. Although from what I have observed, people tend to buy day passes should they be travelling any kind of distance. Therefore the increase in fares by changing buses as opposed to direct services would be minimal.

I think it is unwise to condescend the changes before they've even took place. However I'm sure the hundreds of bus users in fencehouses will have their pitchforks and placards out condemning the huge cutbacks made in their area

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 18 May 2019

(18 May 2019, 2:08 pm)JP6004 Sorry I had to strip back the ambiguity to uncover the points you were raising. I have no comments on price of fares as I purchase annual bus pass. Although from what I have observed, people tend to buy day passes should they be travelling any kind of distance. Therefore the increase in fares by changing buses as opposed to direct services would be minimal.

I think it is unwise to condescend the changes before they've even took place. However I'm sure the hundreds of bus users in fencehouses will have their pitchforks and placards out condemning the huge cutbacks made in their area

I'm not sure there's been any condescending on my part. 
Similar questions have been asked by those with far more knowledge and experience than I have. Not sure they would appreciate being called condescending mind.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - xpm - 20 May 2019

(16 May 2019, 3:12 pm)OrangeArrow49 What is changing with the X84/X85 next month? What is the new Toon Tour going to be?

The X84/85 changes are probably temporary to do with the British Masters Golf Tournament at Close House/Holeyn Hall Road.

Last you they made the road one way for the duration of the tournament, and both services were diverted via Rudchester.

Lets just hope NCC don't drop another clanger and put 4-way temporary lights at the tight crossroads at the same time, like they did last year!

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 20 May 2019

(20 May 2019, 5:51 pm)xpm The X84/85 changes are probably temporary to do with the British Masters Golf Tournament at Close House/Holeyn Hall Road.

Last you they made the road one way for the duration of the tournament, and both services were diverted via Rudchester.

Lets just hope NCC don't drop another clanger and put 4-way temporary lights at the tight crossroads at the same time, like they did last year!

Isn't the British Masters at Close House next year?
This years event has just finished.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - BusLoverMum - 20 May 2019

(18 May 2019, 9:27 am)streetdeckfan I wonder if they'll drop the price of the X21 from Bishop to Tindale. Arriva only charge £1.40 and GNE charge £1.50 (well, they did on the 18 so I assume it'll be the same).
I know if I didn't have my monthly pass I'd probably still go for the Arriva to save that 10p
Probably not. GNE are 20p more than Arriva's short hop £1.40 fares in Durham city.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - xpm - 21 May 2019

(20 May 2019, 7:04 pm)Andreos1 Isn't the British Masters at Close House next year?
This years event has just finished.

Saw the big board up when passing the other day and assumed it was this year.

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - cbma06 - 22 May 2019

I picked up the 55 timetable from Sunderland today and I noticed something wrong on it, on the Sunderland to Hartlepool section for the Sunday journeys don’t have the route list so a normal passenger would read the route list from the Left hand side then look along to the Sunday times and see that service 55x goes via silksworth but the other side for the Sunday times from Hartlepool to Sunderland does have the route list for the Sunday times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 25 May 2019

NEXUS has uploaded the new 700 summer timetable:

https://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/files/700-gne-020619.pdf

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jamie M - 26 May 2019

(20 May 2019, 7:39 pm)BusLoverMum Probably not. GNE are 20p more than Arriva's short hop £1.40 fares in Durham city.

Hospital to bus station is £1.20 on X21. Maybe even salutation, but I've never taken a fare there.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - BusLoverMum - 26 May 2019

(26 May 2019, 12:18 pm)Jamie M Hospital to bus station is £1.20 on X21. Maybe even salutation, but I've never taken a fare there.

Definitely £1.60. We only get off at the hospital when we know the roads will be very busy so we know it'll save time to use the crossing and trudge up high Carr road. Same from arnison to salutation on the 14.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - streetdeckfan - 26 May 2019

(26 May 2019, 12:18 pm)Jamie M Hospital to bus station is £1.20 on X21. Maybe even salutation, but I've never taken a fare there.

I always thought the minimum fare with GNE was £1.50, or at least that's the least I've ever been charged for going a couple stops.

On a Sunday when I'm travelling to Tindale, I get the X21 to Bishop, then because there's a 20 minute wait, I walk down to Cabin Gate and I only have to pay £1.10 instead of the £1.40 if I were to go from Bus Station, but with GNE that journey is still £1.50. So that's 40p cheaper than the equivalent GNE ticket, which is a fair bit

If GNE were to run the X21 to Tindale later into the evenings and on Sundays, I could basically cut ties with Arriva, except from when I have to travel to Crook, but even then, I'd rather go via Durham than pay £4.50. It's a shame the X46 only runs twice a day in each direction

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 26 May 2019

(26 May 2019, 2:03 pm)streetdeckfan I always thought the minimum fare with GNE was £1.50, or at least that's the least I've ever been charged for going a couple stops.

On a Sunday when I'm travelling to Tindale, I get the X21 to Bishop, then because there's a 20 minute wait, I walk down to Cabin Gate and I only have to pay £1.10 instead of the £1.40 if I were to go from Bus Station, but with GNE that journey is still £1.50. So that's 40p cheaper than the equivalent GNE ticket, which is a fair bit

If GNE were to run the X21 to Tindale later into the evenings and on Sundays, I could basically cut ties with Arriva, except from when I have to travel to Crook, but even then, I'd rather go via Durham than pay £4.50. It's a shame the X46 only runs twice a day in each direction

I remember the days when you could get from fatfield to park lane for £1.20!

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - MurdnunoC - 26 May 2019

I remember the days when you could get from Winlaton to Newcastle for 5p. I also remember when the price rose by 100% to 10p then increased by 50% to 15p.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 26 May 2019

(26 May 2019, 7:23 pm)MurdnunoC I remember the days when you could get from Winlaton to Newcastle for 5p. I also remember when the price rose by 100% to 10p then increased by 50% to 15p.

Those were the days. 
That 5p fare was great for kids.

Think about how far you could get for 5p on the 638!
That £1.20 far on the 638 or 777 wasn't that long ago in the scheme of things. Think the equivalent child fare at the time was 25p.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - streetdeckfan - 26 May 2019

(26 May 2019, 9:21 pm)Andreos1 Those were the days. 
That 5p fare was great for kids.

Think about how far you could get for 5p on the 638!
That £1.20 far on the 638 or 777 wasn't that long ago in the scheme of things. Think the equivalent child fare at the time was 25p.

I wish we had ticket prices that low when I was younger! I had to settle for paying £1.10 for an all day ticket.
I was devastated when I turned 16 and lost use of my Pop Card, in fact I stopped travelling by bus for a good 2 or 3 years.

I now pay £110 a month, mostly because I travel between Bishop and Gateshead quite frequently, and because of the great way the GNE has their zones set up, I have to get a 3 zone ticket! At that price though it still works out cheaper than driving, sure it takes 2 hours instead of the half an hour it would take in the car, but I can work during those two hours and I don't have to deal with the hassle that is other road users! 

Plus, there's nothing quite like having the whole upper deck to yourself for the whole journey on a warm summer night with all the windows open, that alone is worth the price! (until you get to certain part of the route *cough* Spennymoor *cough* and some drunk inevitably gets on, somehow manages to climb up the stairs and sits right behind you)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - BusLoverMum - 27 May 2019

(26 May 2019, 7:23 pm)MurdnunoC I remember the days when you could get from Winlaton to Newcastle for 5p. I also remember when the price rose by 100% to 10p then increased by 50% to 15p.

Eww what's happened with the format, here?

Anyhow, i remember when it was £1.10 from Low Fell into Newcastle, or about £2 return.

(26 May 2019, 11:21 pm)streetdeckfan I wish we had ticket prices that low when I was younger! I had to settle for paying £1.10 for an all day ticket.
I was devastated when I turned 16 and lost use of my Pop Card, in fact I stopped travelling by bus for a good 2 or 3 years.

I now pay £110 a month, mostly because I travel between Bishop and Gateshead quite frequently, and because of the great way the GNE has their zones set up, I have to get a 3 zone ticket! At that price though it still works out cheaper than driving, sure it takes 2 hours instead of the half an hour it would take in the car, but I can work during those two hours and I don't have to deal with the hassle that is other road users! 

Plus, there's nothing quite like having the whole upper deck to yourself for the whole journey on a warm summer night with all the windows open, that alone is worth the price! (until you get to certain part of the route *cough* Spennymoor *cough* and some drunk inevitably gets on, somehow manages to climb up the stairs and sits right behind you)

To be fair, that used to happen in the middle of the afternoon when i was transporting littlun to schoo on the ANE 6!

Littlun soon put off the ones who weren't too drunk, mind Big Grin

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Rob44 - 01 Jun 2019

All these changes to GNE buses on the 19th May, would members on here expect the bus stops in tyen and wear to be updated with new bus number and running times nearly 3 weeks later?

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - cbma06 - 01 Jun 2019

(01 Jun 2019, 7:12 am)Rob44 All these changes to GNE buses on the 19th May, would members on here expect the bus stops in tyen and wear to be updated with new bus number and running times nearly 3 weeks later?

Nexus deals in the timetables etc... at bus stops in Tyne and Wear, GNE has no control of what’s displayed at the bus stops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Rob44 - 01 Jun 2019

Thats what I thought. They need tyo get their act together as not eeveryone has a smart phone to check the up to date time table!