North East Buses
Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 (/showthread.php?tid=1832)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - JP6004 - 11 Jun 2019

(11 Jun 2019, 6:16 pm)Stanleyone

Schools off from July 19th, it’s not just the summer timetable is it?

No seems to be bigger network changes....least they changing it before new buses arrive.

Yes we'll order 15 B5H for the angel....few weeks later.....ooops PVR increased by 2 lmao

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Dan - 11 Jun 2019

(11 Jun 2019, 6:17 pm)JP6004

Dan and Michael sitting in a tree.....Big Grin

He'll be the first to moan when the news isn't updated again for two weeks... Wink" alt="Wink" title="Wink">

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Stanleyone - 11 Jun 2019

(11 Jun 2019, 6:19 pm)JP6004

No seems to be bigger network changes....least they changing it before new buses arrive.

Yes we'll order 15 B5H for the angel....few weeks later.....ooops PVR increased by 2 lmao

Ha ha, yep remember that well

(11 Jun 2019, 6:20 pm)Dan

He'll be the first to moan when the news isn't updated again for two weeks... Wink" alt="Wink" title="Wink">

Yes he be asking if your hotel has wifi Tongue

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 11 Jun 2019

(11 Jun 2019, 6:19 pm)JP6004

They seem to do that a lot.... hopefully once these changes happen, they'll stick to them!

(11 Jun 2019, 6:21 pm)JP6004

Yes he be asking if your hotel has wifi Tongue" alt="Tongue" title="Tongue">

It has actually but i'm staying off it because i'm away....

(11 Jun 2019, 6:20 pm)Dan

Well get on updating Stagecoach and Arriva and you won't have to listen to me go on about it :p

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - JM03 - 11 Jun 2019

Whats going to happen with the 5 section between North Shields and Jarrow as it is Nexus secured? 9?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Tom - 11 Jun 2019

(11 Jun 2019, 6:39 pm)JM03 Whats going to happen with the 5 section between North Shields and Jarrow as it is Nexus secured? 9?

GCT - 319 between North Shields and Jarrow

(11 Jun 2019, 6:41 pm)Tom

GCT - 319 between North Shields and Jarrow

Another change of route...

The 9 was fine and very popular in Shields, yet has been a disaster since GNE pulled the plug.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Dan - 11 Jun 2019

(11 Jun 2019, 6:48 pm)JM03

Another change of route...

The 9 was fine and very popular in Shields, yet has been a disaster since GNE pulled the plug.

It has always been Nexus-secured. It is up to them how it is tendered, and they wished for it to be a separate route, no longer providing any through links in Jarrow.

(11 Jun 2019, 6:50 pm)Dan

It has always been Nexus-secured. It is up to them how it is tendered, and they wished for it to be a separate route, no longer providing any through links in Jarrow.

Yes, it has been secured by Nexus for years now but the 9 always had people going directly to Sunderland, Boldon etc but when they changed it to the 5, everyone just changed at Jarrow for the 9. I use this quite frequently and overtime i do, the 5 is always cleared of passengers with a good 95% of them heading for the 9 yet people don't stay on past Jarrow from Lukes Lane I've noticed with only one or two people staying on with a good 7/8 transferring for the 9 each time. Disaster for GNE in my opinion as during the day it is a very profitable section by the routes. Evenings i can understand with only ever a handful but daytime services to Sunderland pulled fro North Shields is a disaster.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 11 Jun 2019

(11 Jun 2019, 6:55 pm)JM03

Yes, it has been secured by Nexus for years now but the 9 always had people going directly to Sunderland, Boldon etc but when they changed it to the 5, everyone just changed at Jarrow for the 9. I use this quite frequently and overtime i do, the 5 is always cleared of passengers with a good 95% of them heading for the 9 yet people don't stay on past Jarrow from Lukes Lane I've noticed with only one or two people staying on with a good 7/8 transferring for the 9 each time. Disaster for GNE in my opinion as during the day it is a very profitable section by the routes. Evenings i can understand with only ever a handful but daytime services to Sunderland pulled fro North Shields is a disaster.

If it was a profitable part of the route, GNE would of took it off NEXUS hands, and run it as there own.

(11 Jun 2019, 6:58 pm)Michael If it was a profitable part of the route, GNE would of took it off NEXUS hands, and run it as there own.

Fair point but its always been getting a canny load. Did see numbers drop with the 5 coming in with more people opting for the ferry and 20, It was last years changes which sent it a bit down

(11 Jun 2019, 6:24 pm)Michael They seem to do that a lot.... hopefully once these changes happen, they'll stick to them!

It has actually but i'm staying off it because i'm away....

Well get on updating Stagecoach and Arriva and you won't have to listen to me go on about it :p

Not worth the effort Tongue been years since I travelled on arriva or stagecoach and I don't plan to in future

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - L469 YVK - 11 Jun 2019

What could the variation on the 309 & 310 be? I know that GNE will want to move the evening times again as Arriva have sneakily moved the 308 to xx:12 & xx:42. Hopefully might see an evening frequency increase if the 310 serving Hadrian Park and the 57 stopping betwen Newcastle and Hadrian Park after 20:30 has improved passenger numbers.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - L469 YVK - 12 Jun 2019

And on another note, will the X31 move back to Hownsgill?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Stanleyone - 12 Jun 2019

(12 Jun 2019, 5:02 am)L469 YVK And on another note, will the X31 move back to Hownsgill?

Nothing official but rumour has it moving back (not all journeys)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - V514DFT - 12 Jun 2019

Didnt they do that about 9 year ago,they withdrew the 9 and introduced the 319 then,the residents of Howdon Road made a petition so the 9 was re-introduced,now theyve done the same with the 5,only difference is that this 319 is going to North Shields whilst the past attempt at the 319 only went as far as Percy Main, there was also the 59 that did Wallsend to Jarrow,not sure of its route,that was running before i moved out of Newcastle,then when i moved back 6 months later it was gone

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - JP6004 - 12 Jun 2019

(12 Jun 2019, 2:27 pm)V514DFT Didnt they do that about 9 year ago,they withdrew the 9 and introduced the 319 then,the residents of Howdon Road made a petition so the 9 was re-introduced,now theyve done the same with the 5,only difference is that this 319 is going to North Shields whilst the past attempt at the 319 only went as far as Percy Main, there was also the 59 that did Wallsend to Jarrow,not sure of its route,that was running before i moved out of Newcastle,then when i moved back 6 months later it was gone

Be interesting to see if the 5 stays at washington or transfers back to deptford.....

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - S830OFT - 12 Jun 2019

(12 Jun 2019, 2:42 pm)JP6004

Be interesting to see if the 5 stays at washington or transfers back to deptford.....

5 has never been Deptford, Riverside used to run it.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 12 Jun 2019

(12 Jun 2019, 2:27 pm)V514DFT Didnt they do that about 9 year ago,they withdrew the 9 and introduced the 319 then,the residents of Howdon Road made a petition so the 9 was re-introduced,now theyve done the same with the 5,only difference is that this 319 is going to North Shields whilst the past attempt at the 319 only went as far as Percy Main, there was also the 59 that did Wallsend to Jarrow,not sure of its route,that was running before i moved out of Newcastle,then when i moved back 6 months later it was gone

I wonder if the dogged determination of GNE to tag the extension on to the 5/50 has anything to do with it?

Reliability perhaps?

If GNE were to operate the service as part of a stand-alone service or merge with one of the W services, it could have possibly ensured the service endured.

As it is, passengers are now forced to purchase multi-operator tickets and inevitably, their fares will only increase.