North East Buses
Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 (/showthread.php?tid=1832)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jimmi - 10 Jul 2019

(09 Jul 2019, 10:46 am)Jamie M I often meet the same 21 that leaves eldon square at the same time as me at chester.

Would be better having a couple more dupe 21s at peak. than saving no time whatsoever going along the A1M. A bit of a white elephant!
When I'm on at least it's the 16:40 off Eldon Square you usually run in tandem with from Chester to Durham rather than the 16:48 run that gets to Chester at 17:36 (departing at 17:39)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 12 Jul 2019

(08 Jul 2019, 6:57 pm)Andreos1

Has owt been mentioned anywhere about the westbound road closure at the A183/Bournmoor?

Saw a sign earlier, stating its going to be closed for 10 weeks. Obviously this will affect a few services and a few stops are going to be missed out.

Checked out the DCC website and it's on there too

http://www.durham.gov.uk/roadworks

And here is the official diversion for the A183 closure.

Closed between Houghton Gate and the petrol station westbound, traffic will follow the signs that will take you via A185, Vigo Lane, North Lodge and Blind Lane.

I assume the 4 and 78 (along with the scholars and 921) will find an alternative route.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 13 Jul 2019

Had a chance to catch up properly, now i'm back from Mexico.

Always the same... they order new buses but then change the PVR of the service, happening again with the X30................ -.-

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - streetdeckfan - 13 Jul 2019

(13 Jul 2019, 1:42 pm)Michael Had a chance to catch up properly, now i'm back from Mexico.

Always the same... they order new buses but then change the PVR of the service, happening again with the X30................ -.-
At least they're ordering new buses, unlike some other companies!

Seen this on a reply on Twitter from Martjin about the school contracts....

Yes we have won back most, but not all of the contracts, following competitive tender in the market.

Wonder if ones were won and which ones, weren't!

(13 Jul 2019, 1:50 pm)streetdeckfan At least they're ordering new buses, unlike some other companies!

That's true!

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jamie M - 13 Jul 2019

(13 Jul 2019, 1:56 pm)Michael Seen this on a reply on Twitter from Martjin about the school contracts....

Yes we have won back most, but not all of the contracts, following competitive tender in the market.

Wonder if ones were won and which ones, weren't!

That's true!
Should find out on monday, all being well.

(13 Jul 2019, 1:58 pm)Jamie M Should find out on monday, all being well.

Hopefully, they should be appearing on VOSA soon too.

(04 Jul 2019, 6:28 pm)BusLoverMum

Well if it is scrapped, the Black Cats livery's days are likely numbered, too.

It is for the Scania's, think they'll stick to the Streetdecks version for the time-being, as the livery actually suits the Streetlites.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - L469 YVK - 14 Jul 2019

(13 Jul 2019, 1:50 pm)streetdeckfan At least they're ordering new buses, unlike some other companies!

The state of Arriva's current fleet is shocking to say the least. With the exception of the X21 / X22 E400MMCs back in 2017, no major investment for any of the Northumbria routes since 2014.

Blyth & Jesmond's fleet are particularly bad.

At least GNE are willing to invest and I'm sure with the X30 PVR increase that should GNE order anymore E400MMC's, they will correct the shortage within the next order like what they're doing for the X21.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - streetdeckfan - 14 Jul 2019

(14 Jul 2019, 12:10 pm)L469 YVK

The state of Arriva's current fleet is shocking to say the least. With the exception of the X21 / X22 E400MMCs back in 2017, no major investment for any of the Northumbria routes since 2014.

At least GNE are willing to invest and I'm sure with the X30 PVR increase that should GNE order anymore E400MMC's, they will correct the shortage within the next order like what they're doing for the X21.

Arriva's lack of investment is going to bite them in the arse when suddenly their buses aren't allowed in the city centre.
It's got to the point where GNE are replacing buses that are newer than Arriva are buying.
Sure, they've been refurbished with fancy 'leather', but they're still not that nice
I got the X1 to Darlo recently, and their 15 plate Streetlites are in much worse condition inside than GNE's. It's as if they just don't maintain them. I suppose they do have one advantage, the emergency door doesn't rattle!

That brings me on to another thing, when did they stop putting effort into their 'Sapphire' brand? I thought they were supposed to 'make my journey sparkle', but in reality it's just as bad as any other bus ride! I can't remember the last time the sockets, WiFi or NSA worked.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - S830OFT - 14 Jul 2019

(14 Jul 2019, 1:11 pm)streetdeckfan Arriva's lack of investment is going to bite them in the arse when suddenly their buses aren't allowed in the city centre.
It's got to the point where GNE are replacing buses that are newer than Arriva are buying.
Sure, they've been refurbished with fancy 'leather', but they're still not that nice
I got the X1 to Darlo recently, and their 15 plate Streetlites are in much worse condition inside than GNE's. It's as if they just don't maintain them. I suppose they do have one advantage, the emergency door doesn't rattle!

That brings me on to another thing, when did they stop putting effort into their 'Sapphire' brand? I thought they were supposed to 'make my journey sparkle', but in reality it's just as bad as any other bus ride! I can't remember the last time the sockets, WiFi or NSA worked.

Suppose Arriva will just swap buses around to ensure that Euro compliant are on routes that enter City Centres...

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 14 Jul 2019

(14 Jul 2019, 1:11 pm)streetdeckfan Arriva's lack of investment is going to bite them in the arse when suddenly their buses aren't allowed in the city centre.

They just don't seem to care, DB has just giving up on investment, but it'll definitely bite them in the arse when the enviro zones come in to play.

They'll be charged £50 a day for non compliant vehicles.. 2021 isn't that far away either!

Buses/Coaches £50
HGVs £50
Taxi and Private Hire £12.50
Light Goods Vehicles £12.50
Private Car £12.50

--------------

To enter the zones all buses must be at least Euro 6 but it says after 2014 - but the likes of GNE have them before 2014, on the likes of the FAB 56 etc.

https://www.gateshead.gov.uk/article/11032/Air-quality-February-2019-update

(14 Jul 2019, 1:19 pm)Michael They just don't seem to care, DB has just giving up on investment, but it'll definitely bite them in the arse when the enviro zones come in to play.

They'll be charged £50 a day for non compliant vehicles.. 2021 isn't that far away either!

Buses/Coaches £50
HGVs £50
Taxi and Private Hire £12.50
Light Goods Vehicles £12.50
Private Car £12.50

https://www.gateshead.gov.uk/article/11032/Air-quality-February-2019-update

I think DB are hoping to not have to deal with that problem by 2021!

I think what they mean is the buses need to be registered after 2014 AND be of at least euro 6. So a 2013 Euro 6 won't be allowed

(14 Jul 2019, 1:25 pm)streetdeckfan

I think DB are hoping to not have to deal with that problem by 2021!

Hopefully, still hoping they'll sell in parts and not as a whole, would be a major loss to the NE, especially since it was founded in Sunderland, least then, hopefully investment would be part of that deal

Look at how quick, Go Ahead have invested in Go North West.....

(14 Jul 2019, 1:29 pm)Michael Hopefully, still hoping they'll sell in parts and not as a whole, would be a major loss to the NE, especially since it was founded in Sunderland, least then, hopefully investment would be part of that deal

Look at how quick, Go Ahead have invested in Go North West.....

I just don't see it being sold off in parts, as much as I'd love them to. Imagine the logistics and how much it would cost to split it up. I'd imagine if it get sold, it'll be some Asian investment firm that'll just buy it all.

(14 Jul 2019, 1:25 pm)streetdeckfan

I think what they mean is the buses need to be registered after 2014 AND be of at least euro 6. So a 2013 Euro 6 won't be allowed

I miss read it as euro 5..hahaha, but still look at how many of GNE buses are euro 5, although some are getting modified to euro 6 due to funding, they'll still have loads which will remain at euro 5 and won't be able to enter the zones (they can but they'll be charged) so it could mean a big change in fleet for certain routes.

But i'm hoping the FAB 56 and Red Arrows will get new buses in time for the zones to come in to play... Tongue

(14 Jul 2019, 1:34 pm)streetdeckfan

I just don't see it being sold off in parts, as much as I'd love them to. Imagine the logistics and how much it would cost to split it up. I'd imagine if it get sold, it'll be some Asian investment firm that'll just buy it all.

Same, but i hope who ever invests in it, will but new buses....Yutong's all over the NE then Tongue

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - cbma06 - 14 Jul 2019

(14 Jul 2019, 1:34 pm)streetdeckfan

DB only wanted the rail side of Arriva, there weren’t bothered about the bus division.

Mike Ashley might buy them for a £1 and a Gregg’s Pastie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(14 Jul 2019, 1:36 pm)Michael  Same, but i hope who ever invests in it, will but new buses....Yutong's all over the NE then Tongue" alt="Tongue" title="Tongue">

As long as they spec the AC, the Yutong they trialled on the X66 had the coolest AC I think I think I've ever felt!

(14 Jul 2019, 1:40 pm)streetdeckfan

As long as they spec the AC, the Yutong they trialled on the X66 had the coolest AC I think I think I've ever felt!

I missed the bus both times, as i was busy at the time, so never got to ride them... hopefully it appears again before they started to arrive next July.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Storx - 14 Jul 2019

(14 Jul 2019, 12:10 pm)L469 YVK The state of Arriva's current fleet is shocking to say the least. With the exception of the X21 / X22 E400MMCs back in 2017, no major investment for any of the Northumbria routes since 2014.

(14 Jul 2019, 1:11 pm)streetdeckfan Arriva's lack of investment is going to bite them in the arse when suddenly their buses aren't allowed in the city centre. It's got to the point where GNE are replacing buses that are newer than Arriva are buying. Sure, they've been refurbished with fancy 'leather', but they're still not that nice I got the X1 to Darlo recently, and their 15 plate Streetlites are in much worse condition inside than GNE's. It's as if they just don't maintain them. I suppose they do have one advantage, the emergency door doesn't rattle! That brings me on to another thing, when did they stop putting effort into their 'Sapphire' brand? I thought they were supposed to 'make my journey sparkle', but in reality it's just as bad as any other bus ride! I can't remember the last time the sockets, WiFi or NSA worked.

Is it really that bad though? Some right stat twisting going on here and I really don't particually like Arriva but for arguments sake GoNorthEast hasn't invested in the Northumbria region at all from 2013 apart from 6 solos at Hexham.

Least Arriva don't downgrade routes ie Indigo at Percy Main with second hand buses from down south which have never been refurbished.

The big 3 all have big issues if there's a limit of only after 2014 and E6. Stagecoach is by far in the worst position for lack of investment lately and also will be hit hardest since pretty much every bus they run goes through the area.

GoNorthEast aren't particular any better; 1, X1, 10, 56, 57, 58, Q1, Q2, 309, 310 just to name a few flagship routes affected.