North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1847)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016 - S813 FVK - 20 Aug 2016

You won't need to complain about those for much longer when this new website is launched on Wednesday...complaining on a public forum was never going to fix the issue anyway.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016 - JP6004 - 20 Aug 2016

(20 Aug 2016, 11:14 am)Michael I have to agree in some way, look at the website for that too, all the info for the Gateshead/North Tyneside changes have been updated - new brands etc, where as the Sunderland changes, which happened a while back still isn't up to date.... 

X36 still down as "Fast Cats",

Info on the "See it, do It Sunderland" brand has the 36 down as going to Town End Farm. 

The 5 still doesn't have a tab for "Whey Aye Five-0"

The 61 doesn't have a Simplicity tab - However Dan mentioned this could because the versa's might not be on long.... (something like that)

If you go on the NEXUS tab, the W1/W1A/W3 still appear, not one of the new contracted services has a timetable on the site yet.... 

Hopefully this new website will have all the update to date info on brands etc but really it should of been done straight away whether or not they're getting a new website.

I think the reason why the "Cadets" weren't branded as "Black Cats" was because they'll of been withdrawn after a couple of years so they didn't bother.

The "Red Arrows" are taking far to long to be repainted and branded, still 5 left in old Livery, the repainting of these started in November 2015....

Citylink still shows 58 to Hadrian Park and 57 terminating at Newcastle...

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016 - Michael - 20 Aug 2016

(20 Aug 2016, 11:17 am)S813 FVK You won't need to complain about those for much longer when this new website is launched on Wednesday...complaining on a public forum was never going to fix the issue anyway.

Funny, i asked on the live chat on their site at the end of July and they said all the info would be updated on the site within the next 2 weeks... nearly month later and nothing..

Maybe the new site will but that's not the point, the current site should of been updated when the changes occurred, not weeks later because they're launching a new site.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016 - S813 FVK - 20 Aug 2016

(20 Aug 2016, 11:24 am)Michael Funny, i asked on the live chat on their site at the end of July and they said all the info would be updated on the site within the next 2 weeks... nearly month later and nothing..

Maybe the new site will but that's not the point, the current site should of been updated when the changes occurred, not weeks later because they're launching a new site.

Hilarious.

Obviously if you have notified the company then it is difficult to say that they are aware of it. However, they have updated the 'places served' sections on the page which clearly state that service 57 now goes to Hadrian Park and he 36 only goes as far as Castletown etc. For the sake of a few weeks before the new website is launched, likely with all of the correct information across the board, i can't see it being a massive problem. (excluding W1/W1A etc)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016 - Michael - 20 Aug 2016

(20 Aug 2016, 12:28 pm)S813 FVK Hilarious.

Obviously if you have notified the company then it is difficult to say that they are aware of it. However, they have updated the 'places served' sections on the page which clearly state that service 57 now goes to Hadrian Park and he 36 only goes as far as Castletown etc. For the sake of a few weeks before the new website is launched, likely with all of the correct information across the board, i can't see it being a massive problem. (excluding W1/W1A etc)

Pretty much how i see it too.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016 - Dan - 20 Aug 2016

(20 Aug 2016, 11:14 am)Michael I have to agree in some way, look at the website for that too, all the info for the Gateshead/North Tyneside changes have been updated - new brands etc, where as the Sunderland changes, which happened a while back still isn't up to date.... 

X36 still down as "Fast Cats",

Info on the "See it, do It Sunderland" brand has the 36 down as going to Town End Farm. 

The 5 still doesn't have a tab for "Whey Aye Five-0"

The 61 doesn't have a Simplicity tab - However Dan mentioned this could because the versa's might not be on long.... (something like that)

If you go on the NEXUS tab, the W1/W1A/W3 still appear, not one of the new contracted services has a timetable on the site yet.... 

Hopefully this new website will have all the update to date info on brands etc but really it should of been done straight away whether or not they're getting a new website.

I think the reason why the "Cadets" weren't branded as "Black Cats" was because they'll of been withdrawn after a couple of years so they didn't bother.

The "Red Arrows" are taking far to long to be repainted and branded, still 5 left in old Livery, the repainting of these started in November 2015....

Had a quick look through and the new website shows the correct information for most of the things you've raised, but services wholly secured by Nexus still aren't shown on the website (which suggests to me that these haven't been included for a reason!)

Yes; the re-branding of the "Red Arrows" branded vehicles has taken quite some time, but you must remember that Washington are currently running two vehicles short of their normal allocation (5170 was covering for a DAF SB120 which was withdrawn but is now at Stanley, and 8267 has also been withdrawn). Because they are running two single-decks short, they are allocating Volvo B7s to service 82, meaning that they haven't got enough spare double-decks to release Volvo B9s for repaint.

There's a reason why the new brand for service 39 has not yet been revealed, and all will become clear in the upcoming months.

(20 Aug 2016, 1:13 pm)Dan Had a quick look through and the new website shows the correct information for most of the things you've raised, but services wholly secured by Nexus still aren't shown on the website (which suggests to me that these haven't been included for a reason!)

There's a reason why the new brand for service 39 has not yet been revealed, and all will become clear in the upcoming months.

Hopefully all the information is updated ready for the launch of the new site.

What is the reason for the NEXUS services not appearing on the site?

I'll take a guess and say.... More changes in the Sunderland area? Haha, na i'm glad they're still branding it.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016 - Ambassador - 20 Aug 2016

Get some of those lovely Caetano Darts in on loan from Ensign for Washington

Cough

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016 - V514DFT - 20 Aug 2016

I cant see it in the news or anywhere in this thread,5324 is red

(20 Aug 2016, 5:59 pm)V514DFT I cant see it in the news or anywhere in this thread,5324 is red

http://www.northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/gnefleetitem.php?fleetno=5324

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016 - stagecoachbusdepot - 20 Aug 2016

(20 Aug 2016, 1:13 pm)Dan Because they are running two single-decks short, they are allocating Volvo B7s to service 82, meaning that they haven't got enough spare double-decks to release Volvo B9s for repaint.

This reminds me - been meaning to ask - what do Washington use their DDs on when the schools are off?  Obviously 13 Red Arrows B9TL for the X1, but what about 3943 & 6011/27/28/29/32/42 - are they usually out and about in the summer, or just one or two on the 82 (plus the X88 weekends)?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 20 Aug 2016

(20 Aug 2016, 7:22 pm)stagecoachbusdepot This reminds me - been meaning to ask - what do Washington use their DDs on when the schools are off?  Obviously 13 Red Arrows B9TL for the X1, but what about 3943 & 6011/27/28/29/32/42 - are they usually out and about in the summer, or just one or two on the 82 (plus the X88 weekends)?

Lately on the 5,50 6028 has been on that this week.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016 - LeeCalder - 20 Aug 2016

(20 Aug 2016, 7:22 pm)stagecoachbusdepot This reminds me - been meaning to ask - what do Washington use their DDs on when the schools are off?  Obviously 13 Red Arrows B9TL for the X1, but what about 3943 & 6011/27/28/29/32/42 - are they usually out and about in the summer, or just one or two on the 82 (plus the X88 weekends)?

They are normally pretty much all on the 82's

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016 - atlantean542 - 20 Aug 2016

Does anyone know what routes do Go North East operate out of London for National Express. The ones I already know are:
425 Ashington - London - Ashington
425 Newcastle - London - Newcastle
426 South Shields - London - South Shields
426 Sunderland - London - Sunderland
435 Ashington - London - Ashington
436 South Shields - London - South Shields
461 Litchfield - London - Litchfield
591 Edinburgh - London - Edinburgh
594 Edinburgh - London - Edinburgh

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 20 Aug 2016

Now GNE are loosing the 37,701 will 628 transfer out of deptford or will it withdraw a dart at Deptford.
Also whose gained the 461 scholars contact?

(20 Aug 2016, 9:18 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com Now GNE are loosing the 37,701 will 628 transfer out of deptford or will it withdraw a dart at Deptford.

Not sure as its a spare for the Sunderland Connect although i'm not sure if its in the contract for the route to have a dedicated spare, as Sunderland council are providing the hybrid buses, with no mention of the spare.

http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=848&page=59

The Sunderland Connect solo's are likely to be going in for a repaint soon, it was Dan who mentioned that on the above thread.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016 - RM2186 - 21 Aug 2016

(20 Aug 2016, 9:13 pm)atlantean542 Does anyone know what routes do Go North East operate out of London for National Express. The ones I already know are:
425 Ashington - London - Ashington
425 Newcastle - London - Newcastle
426 South Shields - London - South Shields
426 Sunderland - London - Sunderland
435 Ashington - London - Ashington
436 South Shields - London - South Shields
461 Litchfield - London - Litchfield
591 Edinburgh - London - Edinburgh
594 Edinburgh - London - Edinburgh

410/420 London - Birmingham - London
024 London - Eastbourne - London
561 London - Skipton - London

Of these, the 024 is solely GNE, other routes are shared with other operators although GNE are the only operator to run the 561 all the way to Skipton. Other operators run the short 561 to Leeds and Bradford.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016 - GuyParkRoyal - 21 Aug 2016

(20 Aug 2016, 9:18 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com Now GNE are loosing the 37,701 will 628 transfer out of deptford or will it withdraw a dart at Deptford.

If the 461 contract you are referring to is the Houghton to Biddick Comp that will be with Kingsleys  Coaches from 5th  September 2016.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016 - Dan - 21 Aug 2016

3943 forms part of the weekday PVR of the X1, and the X88 on Saturdays.

The PVR for ex-London Volvo B7 does not drop during the school holidays as they are scheduled to run onto or off 'normal' public services (ie peak time X1s) - they are just in the depot for longer during the day, as they aren't allocated to the scholars services. The only difference is that there's no contractual requirement for these to be allocated double-decks when the schools are off, so if the Volvo B7 are required elsewhere, these running boards could be allocated single-decks. An example of this happening recently would be the appearance of a "Whey Aye Five 0" branded OmniCity on service 39 in Sunderland.

As I said before, the PVR of service 82 is 7 vehicles, but Washington currently only have use of five SB120s (8261-65), so two Volvo B7 are currently forming the PVR of service 82. That means Washington only have one spare Volvo B7 at present - which, at a weekday PVR of 15, is going to be allocated to service X1 on a daily basis. This is why Washington cannot release Volvo B9s for repaint, as they'd be short of a further double-deck for approximately three days.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2016 - stagecoachbusdepot - 21 Aug 2016

(21 Aug 2016, 10:33 am)Dan 3943 forms part of the weekday PVR of the X1, and the X88 on Saturdays.

The PVR for ex-London Volvo B7 does not drop during the school holidays as they are scheduled to run onto or off 'normal' public services (ie peak time X1s) - they are just in the depot for longer during the day, as they aren't allocated to the scholars services. The only difference is that there's no contractual requirement for these to be allocated double-decks when the schools are off, so if the Volvo B7 are required elsewhere, these running boards could be allocated single-decks. An example of this happening recently would be the appearance of a "Whey Aye Five 0" branded OmniCity on service 39 in Sunderland.

As I said before, the PVR of service 82 is 7 vehicles, but Washington currently only have use of five SB120s (8261-65), so two Volvo B7 are currently forming the PVR of service 82. That means Washington only have one spare Volvo B7 at present - which, at a weekday PVR of 15, is going to be allocated to service X1 on a daily basis. This is why Washington cannot release Volvo B9s for repaint, as they'd be short of a further double-deck for approximately three days.

So X1 uses 15 deckers
82 uses 2 deckers
Total 17
Allocated 20 - how is there only one spare, are some deckers off the road?