North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1895)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - mb134 - 17 Nov 2016

(17 Nov 2016, 5:30 pm)Dan I doubt anyone on this forum is able to confirm an answer to that question - but clearly it is a decision that has been made by the company and there will be a reason for it.

It seems a bit pointless though, does it not? At some point, you'd think in the foreseeable future, that bus will have to get the old logo removed and the new one applied, where it could have just had the new logo applied on repainting.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Dan - 17 Nov 2016

(17 Nov 2016, 7:06 pm)mb134 It seems a bit pointless though, does it not? At some point, you'd think in the foreseeable future, that bus will have to get the old logo removed and the new one applied, where it could have just had the new logo applied on repainting.

As with most things - although it mightn't be clear to enthusiasts looking in, there will be a reason for it.

A re-brand of the corporate identity (livery, logo, etc) will take a long time, for a company the size of Go North East, given the amount of different things the old logo was used on. The transition won't be an overnight job - and it's not as simple as a 'purge' of everything with the old logo on it.

Who, other than bus enthusiasts, is going to know that the old logo has been used on recent repaints? Would a customer know? I doubt it! Yes, in time, all old logos will be replaced with the new logo, but again, that sort of project takes a long time to plan and implement.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - South Tyne Lad - 17 Nov 2016

(17 Nov 2016, 7:11 pm)Dan As with most things - although it mightn't be clear to enthusiasts looking in, there will be a reason for it.

A re-brand of the corporate identity (livery, logo, etc) will take a long time, for a company the size of Go North East, given the amount of different things the old logo was used on. The transition won't be an overnight job - and it's not as simple as a 'purge' of everything with the old logo on it.

Who, other than bus enthusiasts, is going to know that the old logo has been used on recent repaints? Would a customer know? I doubt it! Yes, in time, all old logos will be replaced with the new logo, but again, that sort of project takes a long time to plan and implement.

Would it not be logical to place the remaining old logos on repaints of corporate vehicles or " Back Seat " role vehicles which get less runs out than the main branded allocation?

The New Logos could then be placed on higher priority repaints/ Branded Vehicles which are out longer hours and as a result are seen more by the public?

(17 Nov 2016, 7:18 pm)South Tyne Lad Would it not be logical to place the remaining old logos on repaints of corporate vehicles or " Back Seat " role vehicles which get less runs out than the main branded allocation?

The New Logos could then be placed on higher priority repaints/ Branded Vehicles which are out longer hours and as a result are seen more by the public?

Debating on what would or would not be more logical thing to do would of course depend on the reason for the old logo still being used, which, as I have previously suggested, is unlikely to be provided on this forum. ;-)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Adrian - 17 Nov 2016

(17 Nov 2016, 7:11 pm)Dan As with most things - although it mightn't be clear to enthusiasts looking in, there will be a reason for it.

Why spend money on paying someone to design a new logo, if it's suggested that no one other than bus enthusiasts will notice it missing? It's supposed to be one of the things that makes a company memorable.

Appreciate that things do not happen over night in terms of purging the old logo, but surely the continued application of it begs another question!

The decision may have been made, but it doesn't mean it can't be a bad one.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - streetlite5402 - 17 Nov 2016

(17 Nov 2016, 7:37 pm)Adrian Why spend money on paying someone to design a new logo, if it's suggested that no one other than bus enthusiasts will notice it missing? It's supposed to be one of the things that makes a company memorable.

Appreciate that things do not happen over night in terms of purging the old logo, but surely the continued application of it begs another question!

Agreed, much like Northern, Go Gateshead etc and their taglines/mottos are remembered. 

Cadbury's wouldn't use three variations of their logo at once.

(17 Nov 2016, 7:37 pm)Adrian Why spend money on paying someone to design a new logo, if it's suggested that no one other than bus enthusiasts will notice it missing? It's supposed to be one of the things that makes a company memorable.

I think you've twisted my words a bit with that one!

The new logo was applied to the first vehicle in the fleet (5332) on Sunday gone.

Just one vehicle (6146) has been repainted since then. What is one bus out of a 650-vehicle fleet, as a percentage? How many customers will notice that one further vehicle in the 650-vehicle fleet has received the new logo? Does it really make that much of a difference if the company decides to continue to apply the old logo until such a time comes whereby a third party supplier can undertake a 'purge' on all old logos and replace with new?

The new logo and brand will be recognised by customers once the majority of vehicles have received the new logo. Just like how it was recognised on the e-media platform when all logos on the website and Social Media pages were updated.

I'm really not sure I understand all of the fuss, when the company will have a plan for their re-brand and will have timescales for this. As I say, this won't be an overnight job.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Ryan99 - 17 Nov 2016

What's happening to the wear tees xpress mercs anyone know ? I'd like to see them in the new livery

(17 Nov 2016, 7:46 pm)streetlite5402 Agreed, much like Northern, Go Gateshead etc and their taglines/mottos are remembered. 

Cadbury's wouldn't use three variations of their logo at once.

Must just be bus companies that think it's acceptable, then!

There's more than just Go North East using different variations of a logo at the moment...

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Andreos1 - 17 Nov 2016

Vehicles coming out of the paint shop are ripe for the new logos. Particularly if they're in a new livery.
To send them out with the old logo - which will eventually need replacing, is only going to make the whole process drag out.
Obviously there are the additional costs when the job is to be completed twice.

I'm curious as to whether someone has dropped a b*ll*ck somewhere.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - makem1 - 17 Nov 2016

(17 Nov 2016, 7:52 pm)Dan Must just be bus companies that think it's acceptable, then!

There's more than just Go North East using different variations of a logo at the moment...

No its not just bus companies, going back to the Cadburys example, they dont recall all their stock from shops on a rebrand, and I can assure people they use up their labels before using new logos, for weeks after you will get fresh stock with a mixture of both the old brand and the new, economics come first

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Gnebuspro91 - 17 Nov 2016

Better bus service for boldon please ?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Michael - 17 Nov 2016

(17 Nov 2016, 10:12 pm)Gnebuspro91 Better bus service for boldon please ?

Which part of Boldon?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - pdiddy - 17 Nov 2016

Maybe the old logo was put on by mistake!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - BusLoverMum - 18 Nov 2016

(17 Nov 2016, 10:12 pm)Gnebuspro91 Better bus service for boldon please ?

(17 Nov 2016, 10:20 pm)Michael Which part of Boldon?

That's like asking for s better bus service for Trimdon!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Michael - 18 Nov 2016

According to my friend, 2 of the 3 Solos for the 237/238 have entered service at Deptford??... not sure how true this is though.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Ryan99 - 18 Nov 2016

(18 Nov 2016, 11:38 am)Michael According to my friend, 2 of the 3 Solos for the 237/238 have entered service at Deptford??... not sure how true this is though.

570 & 636 is on 238 today

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - dannygee - 18 Nov 2016

(18 Nov 2016, 12:55 pm)Ryan99 570 & 636 is on 238 today

636 is at percy main

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Dan - 18 Nov 2016

(18 Nov 2016, 11:38 am)Michael According to my friend, 2 of the 3 Solos for the 237/238 have entered service at Deptford??... not sure how true this is though.

That's not true. 698 and 700 should enter service on Monday.

699 has been taken from Saltmeadows Road to Deptford today, with 698 being used to transport the engineers from Deptford to Saltmeadows Road.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Michael - 18 Nov 2016

(18 Nov 2016, 1:28 pm)Dan That's not true. 698 and 700 should enter service on Monday.

699 has been taken from Saltmeadows Road to Deptford today, with 698 being used to transport the engineers from Deptford to Saltmeadows Road.

Cheers Dan.

Which MPD's will be withdrawn?