North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1895)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Malarkey - 19 Nov 2016

(19 Nov 2016, 10:30 pm)S813 FVK I can fit into the back row fine and i wouldn't class myself to be short.

I must have big legs then as I couldn't fit at all.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Venturego - 20 Nov 2016

Found this Interesting mock up of New Routemaster with new Go North East livery on google search:
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi5j7jGg7fQAhUC7xQKHXB5DR0QjxwIAw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickriver.com%2Fgroups%2F1182121%40N20%2Fpool%2F&psig=AFQjCNHaey2HXvZ7SaGpBGCRI_gCrNIblQ&ust=1479720762746882

4th image down - New Routemaster in GNE new livery (Other gne images are on same page) Note white strip (to me, this  seems either silver or silver with thin white borders -on this image - which if adopted would look better than plain white ?!..)
Comments ?

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/27974644@N07/30714265946/

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Andreos1 - 20 Nov 2016

I was unfortunate enough to be in Houghton during the road closures yesterday.

Whilst I quite liked using the set up behind Lidl and feel it may be a more suitable alternative to the stops on Newbottle Street and The Broadway, it seemed communication was lacking totally.

I boarded a bus heading to Houghton, with the intention of changing on to another service. The Washington based driver hadn't communicated the diversion to passengers and it seemed that some of Deptfords drivers were totally unaware of the closure.

I saw one driver of a 36 coming down Wallace Street (why I have no idea - as Burn Park Road wasn't affected by the closure). I can only assume he has had some sort of wobble after coming down Newbottle Street and saw the 'road closed' signs and tried to pick up his route from the rugby club.
When I was waiting for my connecting bus, a driver on the Cats Fast pulled up and asked both myself and another Washington driver what the diversion was. He stated he had no idea of the closure until he had seen buses parked on Hillside Way, behind Lidl.

When Newbottle Street re-opened, it was left to passengers to notify each other of the changes and a walk back towards Newbottle Street.
Apparently this had been the case earlier in the day when the road initially closed.

Whilst operators are left at the whim of authorities closing a road due to unsafe buildings, I wonder what else they could have done to improve the situation for their customers.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - G-CPTN - 20 Nov 2016

I have been regularly told that diversions are the responsibility of the local authority - in which case I wish that they would have people on the ground informing the travelling public. They pay for 'Traffic Management' to erect signs but neglect to tell passengers that their bus won't be coming - or will serve a different stop - other than sticking a sheet of paper on the timetable - which nobody reads.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Andreos1 - 20 Nov 2016

(20 Nov 2016, 1:00 pm)G-CPTN I have been regularly told that diversions are the responsibility of the local authority - in which case I wish that they would have people on the ground informing the travelling public. They pay for 'Traffic Management' to erect signs but neglect to tell passengers that their bus won't be coming - or will serve a different stop - other than sticking a sheet of paper on the timetable - which nobody reads.

Due to the fairly pressing nature of the closure, there were no (as far as I am aware) signs on the bus stops. However, I am guessing that would have been a Nexus job in this case. Obviously a local authority one in other areas.

If it was a long term closure, rather than an immediate short-term closure of several hours, then I agree that there should have been a more efficient system.
I can't see what reasons there would be for drivers not informing passengers of the change whilst on the bus (it has been done many a time previous and takes seconds to do), regardless of who should or shouldn't be on the ground.
My own instinct thinks a representative of the operator, should have been on the ground, assisting and helping their customers. It's a canny hike for some from The Broadway to the stops on Hillside Way, particular when relying on fellow passengers to guide and advise.

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - TEN 6083 - 21 Nov 2016

4948 parked in layover bay at MetroCentre Bus Station with engineer present

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - MurdnunoC - 21 Nov 2016

(21 Nov 2016, 11:54 am)TEN 6083 4948 parked in layover bay at MetroCentre Bus Station with engineer present

Must have been something wrong with the vehicle in question.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Michael - 21 Nov 2016

With 698/700 entering service today, which MPD's has being withdrawn?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Ryan99 - 21 Nov 2016

(21 Nov 2016, 4:56 pm)Michael With 698/700 entering service today, which MPD's has being withdrawn?

I've only seen 574 which was on 36

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - TEN 6083 - 21 Nov 2016

(21 Nov 2016, 4:30 pm)MurdnunoC Must have been something wrong with the vehicle in question.

Must've been as the engine hatch was open at the back

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Michael - 21 Nov 2016

Service 88/88a towards Jarrow unable to serve Scotch Estate and York Avenue as Police have closed the LINDISFARNE r/about for flooding

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - G-CPTN - 21 Nov 2016

(21 Nov 2016, 8:56 pm)Michael Police have closed the LINDISFARNE r/about for flooding

How appropriate!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - BusLoverMum - 21 Nov 2016

(21 Nov 2016, 9:02 pm)G-CPTN How appropriate!

It'll be enveloped in fog, in the morning.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - South Tyne Lad - 21 Nov 2016

(21 Nov 2016, 8:56 pm)Michael Service 88/88a towards Jarrow unable to serve Scotch Estate and York Avenue as Police have closed the LINDISFARNE r/about for flooding

Nothing been said on twitter etc about the 18, But I believe its doing the annual Great North Run routing, running a circular around Simonside, Down Winskell Road and back onto Green Lane to continue back to Shields.

Nothing but chaos around the estate tonight, No buses could serve the estate earlier due to a accident at the John Reid Road junction and now the other end is cut off due to this flood.

18 should revert to its normal routing around the estate from start of service tomorrow morning, As it doesn't serve the Lindisfarne exit, 88/88A however will remain severly affected if the flooding continues.

(21 Nov 2016, 9:23 pm)BusLoverMum It'll be enveloped in fog, in the morning.

The fog can be pretty bad round here aye, Not the nicest thing to wake up too on a morning though!

(21 Nov 2016, 9:36 pm)South Tyne Lad Nothing been said on twitter etc about the 18, But I believe its doing the annual Great North Run routing, running a circular around Simonside, Down Winskell Road and back onto Green Lane to continue back to Shields.

Nothing but chaos around the estate tonight, No buses could serve the estate earlier due to a accident at the John Reid Road junction and now the other end is cut off due to this flood.

18 should revert to its normal routing around the estate from start of service tomorrow morning, As it doesn't serve the Lindisfarne exit, 88/88A however will remain severly affected if the flooding continues.  

Thanks for the extra info as i don't know the area Smile.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - G-CPTN - 21 Nov 2016

Fog on the Tyne.

(21 Nov 2016, 8:56 pm)Michael Service 88/88a towards Jarrow unable to serve Scotch Estate and York Avenue as Police have closed the LINDISFARNE r/about for flooding

Service 88/88a still unable to serve scotch estate, primrose and york avenue to flooding at Lindisfarne and Primrose.

----

Service 57, 309/310 diverted at the Corner House pub due to flooding, buses will operate via Cragside and Benton rd to Chilli Road

-----

Appletree Gardens still being omitted due to flooding at Walkergate Metro. Service 1/1a unable to serve Appletree Gardens

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - V514DFT - 21 Nov 2016

(21 Nov 2016, 10:29 pm)Michael Service 88/88a still unable to serve scotch estate, primrose and york avenue to flooding at Lindisfarne and Primrose.

----

Service 57, 309/310 diverted at the Corner House pub due to flooding, buses will operate via Cragside and Benton rd to Chilli Road

-----

Appletree Gardens still being omitted due to flooding at Walkergate Metro. Service 1/1a unable to serve Appletree Gardens

Reminds me of Thunder Thursday back in June 2012

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Andreos1 - 21 Nov 2016

(21 Nov 2016, 10:29 pm)Michael Service 88/88a still unable to serve scotch estate, primrose and york avenue to flooding at Lindisfarne and Primrose.

----

-----

Who needs Andy Clifford with his traffic and travel bulletins! Big Grin

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Andreos1 - 21 Nov 2016

There's a dog on the bus!

This has just appeared on my timeline.
https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/800833414479933441