North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1907)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - GX03 - 07 Dec 2016

Often thought coaches would be the best option for the X9/X10, having read previous points on suitable coaches and the recent addition of the Scalia Caetano double deck coaches which do don't require a lift having seats downstairs, maybe leave a row of seats out and these could be the answer over streetdekka/ADL decker.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - Cock Robin - 07 Dec 2016

(06 Dec 2016, 1:07 pm)Michael Only 2 Solo's have entered service so far, so the allocation is 2 Solo's and 2 Citaro's.

692 arrived yesterday, not sure when 691 will arrive.

I'm told 693 was on yesterday.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - Michael - 07 Dec 2016

(06 Dec 2016, 10:56 pm)BusLoverMum When I was waiting for the 22 at Park Lane at 12:30-ish, there were a handful of people specifically waiting for the X6 and a couple of others ran over for it, so word has got out. That's hardly peak time of day, either.

5333 was a beautiful shade of muck (much like Bigun, when he got home from outdoor ed, today!)

That's good, hopefully the numbers keep going up, the X6 is 18 minutes quicker to Hartlepool from Sunderland than the X5 so that might be attracting passengers.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - Cock Robin - 07 Dec 2016

(06 Dec 2016, 3:41 pm)big mac How were they doing for passenger numbers, out of curiousity?

The first from Hartlepool on Monday had only one enthusiast on from Hartlepool.

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - cbma06 - 07 Dec 2016

(07 Dec 2016, 10:45 am)Michael That's good, hopefully the numbers keep going up, the X6 is 18 minutes quicker to Hartlepool from Sunderland so that might be attracting passengers.

The X6 that left park lane today at 10:26 had 16 passengers on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(07 Dec 2016, 10:43 am)GX03 Often thought coaches would be the best option for the X9/X10, having read previous points on suitable coaches and the recent addition of the Scalia Caetano double deck coaches which do don't require a lift having seats downstairs, maybe leave a row of seats out and these could be the answer over streetdekka/ADL decker.

You joking?! The deckers get packed! They tried coaches on the X9 originally.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - Michael - 07 Dec 2016

(07 Dec 2016, 10:53 am)Cock Robin You joking?! The deckers get packed! They tried coaches on the X9 originally.

I think we will see the Enviro 400 City on the services.... but that's a massive "think" haha.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - C785 OCN - 07 Dec 2016

Does anybody know the best place to get hold of the new Indigo east Durham paper timetables please

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - Stuartphin1639 - 07 Dec 2016

(07 Dec 2016, 10:44 am)Cock Robin I'm told 693 was on yesterday.

I'm on 693 now heading to Sunderland on X6

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - Stuartphin1639 - 07 Dec 2016

(07 Dec 2016, 10:53 am)Cock Robin You joking?! The deckers get packed! They tried coaches on the X9 originally.

Something need to be done to the X9/X10 soon 3694 is on there today, needless to say it's currently in peterlee broken down, recovery truck just arrived to sort the problem

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - Jimmi - 07 Dec 2016

(07 Dec 2016, 12:25 pm)Stuartphin1639 Something need to be done to the X9/X10 soon 3694 is on there today, needless to say it's currently in peterlee broken down, recovery truck just arrived to sort the problem
Chances are it would have been the 12:00 X9 from Middlesbrough which is not operating.

The amount of reports of breakdowns I see/hear from GNE and people is starting to become quite frankly alarming and it's now at the point where we now seem to be in the same situation as back in 2012 with the Volvo B7TL's which were frequently failing on the TTX.

(07 Dec 2016, 12:35 pm)Jimmi Chances are it would have been the 12:00 X9 from Middlesbrough which is not operating.

The amount of reports of breakdowns I see/hear from GNE and people is starting to become quite frankly alarming and it's now at the point where we now seem to be in the same situation as back in 2012 with the Volvo B7TL's which were frequently failing on the TTX.

Yeah that's the one it was the 11:17 X9 from peterlee to boro, so if it was a quick fix it could be picking it up from peterlee to Newcastle

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - GX03 - 07 Dec 2016

When you consider these coaches seat 79 (16 lower / 63 upper) , nat ex layout. whilst the current deckers seat 71 (43/28) and no standees, coaches will no doubt last longer.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - Andreos1 - 07 Dec 2016

I recently caught sight of the Plaxton Elite's working the X5 between Cambridge and Oxford. Time constraints meant I didn't get a go unfortunately.

Fine looking coaches and the Elite's have the advantage of having roll on access for wheelchairs, in addition to a decent capacity. 

The route has grown from one that used Alexander PS's (cascaded I believe) in the not too distant past, to one that has toilets and much more.

Although I suggested the cheaper option of using vehicles that interwork on a less demanding route, therefore saving wear and tear. Is it not time to actually go for it? Stopping with the fannying about with buses and introduce something that will last.

I am sure someone would snap the hands off GNE for a high mileage, but hi-spec coach at the end of their GNE lives. If not, the commercial department can work their magic with a new route or upgrade an existing one.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - Adrian - 07 Dec 2016

(07 Dec 2016, 11:44 am)C785 OCN Does anybody know the best place to get hold of the new Indigo east Durham paper timetables please

Have you tried Durham Bus Station? If not, I will try and remember to check in the morning for you.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - mb134 - 07 Dec 2016

(07 Dec 2016, 7:00 pm)Andreos1 Although I suggested the cheaper option of using vehicles that interwork on a less demanding route, therefore saving wear and tear. Is it not time to actually go for it? Stopping with the fannying about with buses and introduce something that will last.

Their current way of doing it clearly isn't working. Every four to five years there are a few months where breakdowns seem to happen on a far too frequent basis. This will inevitably be noticed by passengers, reducing their impression of the service. The vehicles used are then no good for any service that has any level of demand, unless they undergo serious mechanical work. 

Coaches would last longer, arguably help increase service growth, and you'd think would have some use afterwards, as you stated. 

It's also not as if coaches aren't accessible, or 'local' service friendly either now.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - G-CPTN - 07 Dec 2016

WRT paper timetables at Hexham bus station, there are examples spread out along the (inside) window cills of the waiting room.

The weather today was almost balmy, so the 20-odd would-be passengers for the TEN enjoyed sitting on the seats alongside gate A for the twenty minutes that it took for the spare (3941) bus to be fetched round from the layover bay and for the driver to collect their thoughts before opening the doors.
No shelter, though, and last week it was bitingly cold.
The departure screen in the waiting room isn't working yet, and the toilet flush is broken.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - thetravelman - 07 Dec 2016

I agree new buses/coaches need to be brought in to operate the X9/X10.

With the amount and regularity of current breakdowns, it has got to be damaging to the service, where by passengers just lose faith. 

In reality though how quickly could GNE get new buses brought in to take over the service and can the current allocation last long enough.

If the coach option is not viable and similar double decker type vehicles are to be sourced for the service, would it not be better to change them say every 3  years before regular breakdowns start occurring and service reliability starts to suffer.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - Andreos1 - 07 Dec 2016

(07 Dec 2016, 9:07 pm)mb134 Their current way of doing it clearly isn't working. Every four to five years there are a few months where breakdowns seem to happen on a far too frequent basis. This will inevitably be noticed by passengers, reducing their impression of the service. The vehicles used are then no good for any service that has any level of demand, unless they undergo serious mechanical work. 

Coaches would last longer, arguably help increase service growth, and you'd think would have some use afterwards, as you stated. 

It's also not as if coaches aren't accessible, or 'local' service friendly either now.

With the upcoming changes to Northern next year, I reckon we could see more people hit the rail network.
Whoever launches the improvements first, could end up having a massive headstart.

(07 Dec 2016, 10:54 pm)Andreos1 With the upcoming changes to Northern next year, I reckon we could see more people hit the rail network.
Whoever launches the improvements first, could end up having a massive headstart.

Won't the Northern trains have WIFI, plugs etc? or i'm i thinking of a different company?