North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1911)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Deleted - 03 Dec 2016

(02 Dec 2016, 5:07 pm)Michael True, do hope we see them on other services soon.

If the X24 is half hourly, it'll need at least 4 buses so i can see a couple more arriving - with 1 spare, can anyone confirm how many are arriving?

You won't see them on any other routes due to there size and only X24 drivers will be trained on the route and vehicles.

PVR of 3, 45 minutes end to end.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Michael - 03 Dec 2016

(03 Dec 2016, 12:52 am)Deleted You won't see them on any other routes due to there size and only X24 drivers will be trained on the route and vehicles.

PVR of 3, 45 minutes end to end.

Oops i worded it wrong i meant the stop announcements.

45 minutes seems quite quick, is it stopping at every stop from the City Centre to Hastings Hill?, it does say limited stop on VOSA but theres a few like that but those services still stop at every bus stop. (GNE X36 is a example, stops at every bus stop between Sunderland and Boldon Asda). hopefully the same for the X24.

Hopefully its, every stop between Sunderland and Hastings Hill then non stop until the last stop in Newcastle.

Glad to see they're sticking to the half hourly frequancy, do hope it'll run every day of the week.

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - cbma06 - 03 Dec 2016

(03 Dec 2016, 12:59 am)Michael Oops i worded it wrong i meant the stop announcements.

45 minutes seems quite quick, is it stopping at every stop from the City Centre to Hastings Hill?, it does say limited stop on VOSA but theres a few like that but those services still stop at every bus stop. (GNE X36 is a example, stops at every bus stop between Sunderland and Boldon Asda). hopefully the same for the X24.

Hopefully its, every stop between Sunderland and Hastings Hill then non stop until the last stop in Newcastle.

Glad to see they're sticking to the half hourly frequancy, do hope it'll run every day of the week.

I was told by stagecoach that the X24 will be all stops from city centre to Hastings hill along Chester road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Michael - 03 Dec 2016

(03 Dec 2016, 6:29 am)cbma06 I was told by stagecoach that the X24 will be all stops from city centre to Hastings hill along Chester road.

Good, i hope so, will allow them to gain the passengers, as there's about 14 stops from Keel Square to Hastings Hill, massive missed opportunity if not.

Same as in Newcastle, i'm not sure where the X34 stops in Newcastle other than the terminus bus stop.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - LVK 404L - 03 Dec 2016

(03 Dec 2016, 6:48 am)Michael Good, i hope so, will allow them to gain the passengers, as there's about 14 stops from Keel Square to Hastings Hill, massive missed opportunity if not.

Same as in Newcastle, i'm not sure where the X34 stops in Newcastle other than the terminus bus stop.

X34 stops at John Dobson Street for alighting and also additionally at bottom of Pilgrim Street for boarding just before Swan House round about.  think the X24 will be missing a trick if it doesn't serve Gateshead. the X34 does and it carries a few people for Gateshead College and Trinity Square as well as a lot of local passengers between Gateshead and Newcastle only who have Stagecoach passes.

(03 Dec 2016, 8:15 am)ifm001 X34 stops at John Dobson Street for alighting and also additionally at bottom of Pilgrim Street for boarding just before Swan House round about.  think the X24 will be missing a trick if it doesn't serve Gateshead. the X34 does and it carries a few people for Gateshead College and Trinity Square as well as a lot of local passengers between Gateshead and Newcastle only who have Stagecoach passes.

Ah right thanks =).

Ye, that's a shame but i think they want the direct link - nothing else, that's what everyone wants, not like the FAB 56 when it takes about 100 years to go to Newcastle.

45 minutes isn't bad, that's quite fast, just hope they put peak time traffic down as timings too!

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - LVK 404L - 03 Dec 2016

(03 Dec 2016, 6:12 pm)Michael Ah right thanks =).

Ye, that's a shame but i think they want the direct link - nothing else, that's what everyone wants, not like the FAB 56 when it takes about 100 years to go to Newcastle.

45 minutes isn't bad, that's quite fast, just hope they put peak time traffic down as timings too!

But if it serves Gateshead High Street same as X34 I think the 45 min journey time would still be possible. 45 mins was what the X34 used to have before it went every 20 mins now it has waiting times at both ends.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Andreos1 - 03 Dec 2016

(03 Dec 2016, 6:12 pm)Michael Ah right thanks =).

Hylton Bridge seems to be getting worse during peaks. I lose 15mins regularly stuck in it.
The X1 has similar timings between Houghton and Tyneside. Outside of peaks it is achievable. Inside - not a chance.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Deleted - 04 Dec 2016

X9/X10 get around the same time between Newcastle and Peterlee, 23 between Newcastle and the A19. So X24 is easily do able.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016 - Michael - 04 Dec 2016

(04 Dec 2016, 5:07 am)Deleted X9/X10 get around the same time between Newcastle and Peterlee, 23 between Newcastle and the A19. So X24 is easily do able.

Not bad at all really but it depends on the traffic Tongue

Any details of what time it will start/finish, will it run every day of the week?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - gneasy91 - 04 Dec 2016

Is the X24 nt goong threw boldon

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - Michael - 04 Dec 2016

(04 Dec 2016, 1:08 pm)gneasy91 Is the X24 nt goong threw boldon

No, the route starts with a loop around Sunderland City Centre (starting at Keel Square, leaving via Green terrace) then Chester Road to Hastings Hill then via A19 straight to Newcastle.

Edit:

When will 24004 arrive?, as i've read we are getting 4, so they have one dedicated spare because won't they have to have technographs? (is that the right word?)

I would imagine a couple of more buses in Sunderland will have them installed, just in case most of the Omnilinks are off the road.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - Deleted - 04 Dec 2016

(04 Dec 2016, 1:11 pm)Michael No, the route starts with a loop around Sunderland City Centre (starting at Keel Square, leaving via Green terrace) then Chester Road to Hastings Hill then via A19 straight to Newcastle.

Edit:

When will 24004 arrive?, as i've read we are getting 4, so they have one dedicated spare because won't they have to have technographs? (is that the right word?)

I would imagine a couple of more buses in Sunderland will have them installed, just in case most of the Omnilinks are off the road.

No need for tachograph's on such a short service

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - Deleted - 04 Dec 2016

(04 Dec 2016, 1:11 pm)Michael When will 24004 arrive?, as i've read we are getting 4, so they have one dedicated spare because won't they have to have technographs? (is that the right word?)

24004 is not down on internal systems as being available, unless somehing has changed since Friday.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - Michael - 04 Dec 2016

(04 Dec 2016, 8:17 pm)Deleted No need for tachograph's on such a short service

Ah right, Smile, that's good.

(04 Dec 2016, 8:24 pm)Deleted 24004 is not down on internal systems as being available, unless somehing has changed since Friday.

Oh, maybe not then.

Must just be the 3, be rubbish if ones off the road and the replacement buses doesn't have WIFI, even more so plugs... if they can get them to work.

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - cbma06 - 04 Dec 2016

(04 Dec 2016, 9:01 pm)Michael Oh, maybe not then.

Must just be the 3, be rubbish if ones off the road and the replacement buses doesn't have WIFI, even more so plugs... if they can get them to work.

Only 3 buses arriving for new service X24, the spare bus will be a gas bus when one of the 3 is off the road.

(04 Dec 2016, 9:06 pm)cbma06 Only 3 buses arriving for new service X24, the spare bus will be a gas bus when one of the 3 is off the road.

They'll get wreaked on a route like the X24 though but it's better than nothing.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - Rapidsnap - 05 Dec 2016

Actually I think the Gas Scanias will do quite well. Reading Buses did test a similar vehicle to high speeds last year. Plus Scanias seem to do well on interurban runs because of the beefier engine.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016 - RBZ 5459 - 05 Dec 2016

The Scania E300 are probably the most suited vehicles for the route.