North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 (/showthread.php?tid=1923)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Venturego - 20 Jan 2017

Will any Refurb Citaros return to Stanley for 6, X30/1, X70/1 ?
In my opinion these services (formerly West Durham Swift & Diamond 43/44) should receive New buses or completely refurbished with USB & NSA as above. These are long routes made more tedious with old Deckers and worn Omnicities.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - S813 FVK - 20 Jan 2017

(20 Jan 2017, 3:13 pm)Michael Looks like the Durham Diamond buses are going for a make-over before heading to the X5...(not sure if all the branded Durham Diamonds are going for it or just the 7 for the X5, maybe Dan or Citaro can confirm)

5285:

Following the entry into service of new Wright Streetlite DF/Wright Streetlite Max Micro-Hybrid vehicles on "Durham Diamond" service 16, this vehicle has been temporarily withdrawn from service to be internally refurbished and repainted at Bus & Coach World, Blackburn. The extensive refurbishment work includes, but is not limited to, external repaint; deep cleaning of the interior of the vehicle; renewal of floor coverings; cleaning all seat frames and refurbishing seats into e-leather with USB sockets on the back of every seat; fitting blue accent lighting underneath seats to provide extra light on the gangway; and fitting Next Stop Announcements.

5284 was the first to go:
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/item.php?operatorF=2&fleetnoF=5284

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - citaro5284 - 20 Jan 2017

(20 Jan 2017, 4:01 pm)S813 FVK 5284 was the first to go:

These vehicles are also getting fitted with passenger wifi.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Andreos1 - 20 Jan 2017

(20 Jan 2017, 5:26 pm)citaro5284 These vehicles are also getting fitted with passenger wifi.

Do the Vykings have a secret wifi? Picked up a signal earlier and 3973 was the only vehicle in the vicinity.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - South Tyne Lad - 20 Jan 2017

(20 Jan 2017, 5:28 pm)Andreos1 Do the Vykings have a secret wifi? Picked up a signal earlier and 3973 was the only vehicle in the vicinity.

Could be the wifi for the Ticket Machine, As I'm sure there's a wifi for them.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Andreos1 - 20 Jan 2017

(20 Jan 2017, 5:40 pm)South Tyne Lad Could be the wifi for the Ticket Machine, As I'm sure there's a wifi for them.

It was prompting me to connect as though it was the passenger WiFi. Didnt think to actually try it.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Michael - 20 Jan 2017

(20 Jan 2017, 3:59 pm)Venturego Will any Refurb Citaros return to Stanley for 6, X30/1, X70/1 ?
In my opinion these services  (formerly West Durham Swift & Diamond 43/44) should receive New buses or completely refurbished with USB & NSA as above. These are long routes made more tedious with old Deckers and worn Omnicities.

7 are for the X5 at Deptford.

Not sure where the other 2 Durham Diamond Citaro's are going, along with 5337/38.

(20 Jan 2017, 4:01 pm)S813 FVK 5284 was the first to go:

Oops my bad, didn't even see that.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - citaro5284 - 20 Jan 2017

(20 Jan 2017, 6:27 pm)Michael Oops my bad, didn't even see that.

Good grief Michael, you must be slipping    Dodgy

(20 Jan 2017, 5:28 pm)Andreos1 Do the Vykings have a secret wifi? Picked up a signal earlier and 3973 was the only vehicle in the vicinity.

It must be very secret, as I don't even know about it.  Smile

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Michael - 20 Jan 2017

(20 Jan 2017, 6:54 pm)citaro5284 Good grief Michael, you must be slipping    Dodgy

It must be very secret, as I don't even know about it.  Smile

I am Citaro, Undecided

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - South Tyne Lad - 20 Jan 2017

(20 Jan 2017, 5:58 pm)Andreos1 It was prompting me to connect as though it was the passenger WiFi. Didnt think to actually try it.

Pretty unusual then, The wifi for the ticket machine is normally locked with a password.

Only other reason I could think of is a brand new car with " Car Wifi " was in the area at the same time.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - BusLoverMum - 20 Jan 2017

WiFi often comes from buildings and houses and I've increasingly noticed it in open public areas.

Good to see the Diamond Citaros having a makeover, anyhow. Hopefully, the much gentler X5 route will squeeze a good few more years out of them (because, face it, in bus terms, they're hardly old, and probably still need to pay for themselves).

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Jamie M - 20 Jan 2017

(20 Jan 2017, 10:43 pm)BusLoverMum WiFi often comes from buildings and houses and I've increasingly noticed it in open public areas.

Good to see the Diamond Citaros having a makeover, anyhow. Hopefully, the much gentler X5 route will squeeze a good few more years out of them (because, face it, in bus terms, they're hardly old, and probably still need to pay for themselves).

They're great buses. As always, I view the e-leather as a cop out, but that's just me. Some paint and new cloth, and it'll be good enough inside. Similarly with the floor lighting, it seems a bit gimmicky rather than actual quality. At the end of the day it's just some LED lighting so can't complain that much 😛
5288 and 5289 are crackers. 5337/8/90/91 are all pathetically slow pulling out, so I hope they're given some mechanical TLC, too. Drivers love them to some extent, but the backside sticks out too much for city work/tight country lanes as the 16s do. They're basically coaches but low floor and not as tall - easily a similar length.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Rapidsnap - 21 Jan 2017

(20 Jan 2017, 11:12 pm)Jamie M They're basically coaches but low floor and not as tall - easily a similar length.

So that would be a single decker bus then  Tongue

Also, the Wright Streetlites replace them are of very similar length aside from a few inches.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Andreos1 - 21 Jan 2017

(20 Jan 2017, 10:13 pm)South Tyne Lad Pretty unusual then, The wifi for the ticket machine is normally locked with a password.

Only other reason I could think of is a brand new car with " Car Wifi " was in the area at the same time.

It was a GNE wifi my phone was picking up, hence the prompt to join.

I can only assume a wifi enabled vehicle was in the vicinity, but out of sight in this case.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - GX03 - 21 Jan 2017

(20 Jan 2017, 11:12 pm)Jamie M They're great buses. As always, I view the e-leather as a cop out, but that's just me. Some paint and new cloth, and it'll be good enough inside. Similarly with the floor lighting, it seems a bit gimmicky rather than actual quality. At the end of the day it's just some LED lighting so can't complain that much ?
5288 and 5289 are crackers. 5337/8/90/91 are all pathetically slow pulling out, so I hope they're given some mechanical TLC, too. Drivers love them to some extent, but the backside sticks out too much for city work/tight country lanes as the 16s do. They're basically coaches but low floor and not as tall - easily a similar length.

In my opinion it's bringing these mercs up to the standard of new buses coming into the fleet, will no doubt give the travelling public the impression that it's a new bus, so in a way it's a new bus for a fraction of actually buying a new bus!!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Michael - 21 Jan 2017

(21 Jan 2017, 9:27 am)GX03 In my opinion it's bringing these mercs up to the standard of new buses coming into the fleet, will no doubt give the travelling public the impression that it's a new bus, so in a way it's a new bus for a fraction of actually buying a new bus!!

Ye it will but i think it's good that "Go North East" are upgrading the X5 to have WIFI, USB plugs etc, hopefully the Blaydon Racers Citaro's go the same way, so the route they're going on is upgraded.

Dan or Citaro, where are the other 2 Citaro's from the Durham Diamond going, along with 5337/38?, as i was hoping there would be a spare Citaro for the X5 with the same features, unless they use one of the spare Streetlites from Deptford on it as an allocation?, but that means between services the X5, 20/20A, 56 (sure it was mentioned, it would be last resort) and the 60, they'll only be 2 spares between 5 services..

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Jamie M - 21 Jan 2017

(21 Jan 2017, 3:05 am)Rapidsnap So that would be a single decker bus then 

Also, the Wright Streetlites replace them are of very similar length aside from a few inches.

If you look at the rear overhang on a streetlite are compared to a merc, it makes all of the difference, length too:
Streetlite: 11.50
Citaro: 11.90
Both quoted from websute specifications.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Andreos1 - 21 Jan 2017

(21 Jan 2017, 11:51 am)Jamie M If you look at the rear overhang on a streetlite are compared to a merc, it makes all of the difference, length too:
Streetlite: 11.50
Citaro: 11.90
Both quoted from websute specifications.

After discussion previously about the saloon of a Streetlite being narrower than the Solar, I worked out it was 2.2% narrower. Visually I can sense it is a smaller width just by looking (and trying to avoid contact) at peoples ar$e cheeks hanging off the edge when walking down the vehicle to get off.

Have a nice sized backside (cute according to Mrs C), so I tend not to have that problem. My shoulders however... Lost count how many times they have been caught or bashed by passing passengers when sitting on a Streetlite.

Assuming all of the calculations and measurements are correct, the difference in width between the Streetlite and Citaro, is almost 4%.

It may not affect capacity like the length does, but it may affect passenger comfort.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - S813 FVK - 21 Jan 2017

3890 in the revised pink DFDS branding: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2/32441678785/in/dateposted/
3891 in the revised green DFDS branding: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2/32401750686/in/photostream/

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - thetravelman - 21 Jan 2017

(05 Jan 2017, 10:26 pm)Dan As it's been confirmed by Go North East staff on Facebook - a total of 21 Streetlites will be delivered over the next six weeks. Ten for Durham Diamond and eleven for services 49/49A.

It's part of a £10m investment into new buses this financial year, with further buses hopefully coming too.

This may of already been mentioned so my apologies in advance..

Above.. Dan confirmed a total of 21 Streetlites have been purchased, Ten for Durham Diamond and eleven for services 49/49A.

Is there a hint there that the 49/49A are No Longer "Blaydon Racers" since it was detailed as the route number rather than brand. Also the Streetlites that seem to be arriving are in either Durham Diamond colours or in the New GNE corporate livery. Also the fleet lists state that the next ones On Delivery are also Blue & Red colour.

Unless of course the "Blaydon Racers" are going to be given an updated brand look, which seems similar in colours to corporate brand.