North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 (/showthread.php?tid=1923)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - S813 FVK - 21 Jan 2017

(21 Jan 2017, 6:34 pm)thetravelman This may of already been mentioned so my apologies in advance..

Above.. Dan confirmed a total of 21 Streetlites have been purchased, Ten for Durham Diamond and eleven for services 49/49A.

Is there a hint there that the 49/49A are No Longer "Blaydon Racers" since it was detailed as the route number rather than brand. Also the Streetlites that seem to be arriving are in either Durham Diamond colours or in the New GNE corporate livery. Also the fleet lists state that the next ones On Delivery are also Blue & Red colour.

Unless of course the "Blaydon Racers" are going to be given an updated brand look, which seems similar in colours to corporate brand.

Yes - it is something that I noticed myself and brought up on the forum, although in far less detail than yourself.

Could it have done purposefully to refrain from confirming that there will be a change to the brand of the 49/49A, leaving that job down to the Marketing team at Go North East instead or until the first vehicle that will be branded is spotted at Heysham/is delivered to the company? By showing all vehicles as being Red & Blue, it can easily mislead people and stop things from being released onto the public domain before the company wants to.

I only suggest that because it is very rare for them to purchase brand new vehicles for a route that will be unbranded. I don't really see the relevance of the Blaydon Racers brand being attached to the 49/49A anyway, only one of the services actually goes to Blaydon (49), I think they'd be better off dropping the Toon Link brand from the 12/12A and transferring the Blaydon Racers brand over, it would have much more relevance and would give people 1 less reason to moan about the company. No idea what replacement brand I would suggest for the 49/49A though.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - thetravelman - 21 Jan 2017

(21 Jan 2017, 7:31 pm)S813 FVK Yes - it is something that I noticed myself and brought up on the forum, although in far less detail than yourself.

Could it have done purposefully to refrain from confirming that there will be a change to the brand of the 49/49A, leaving that job down to the Marketing team at Go North East instead or until the first vehicle that will be branded is spotted at Heysham/is delivered to the company? By showing all vehicles as being Red & Blue, it can easily mislead people and stop things from being released onto the public domain before the company wants to.

I only suggest that because it is very rare for them to purchase brand new vehicles for a route that will be unbranded. I don't really see the relevance of the Blaydon Racers brand being attached to the 49/49A anyway, only one of the services actually goes to Blaydon (49), I think they'd be better off dropping the Toon Link brand from the 12/12A and transferring the Blaydon Racers brand over, it would have much more relevance and would give people 1 less reason to moan about the company. No idea what replacement brand I would suggest for the 49/49A though.

Yea, I was also wondering whether the Blaydon Racers brand was being dropped and the 49's receiving a New brand still yet to be revealed.

I do agree, I've always thought that the 49's didn't best suit the Blaydon Racers Brand, where as the Toon Link 12's would be far better suited to the brand, since their route takes in more of the original route of the Blaydon Races.

We will just have to wait and see what colour the new Streetlites are when they start to arrive, whether this gives us an indication of an updated brand or a fresh new brand only time will tell. Wonder how long it will be before the next ones arrive?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Dan - 22 Jan 2017

5455 at Heysham Docks: https://flic.kr/p/QbSeGt

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Michael - 22 Jan 2017

(22 Jan 2017, 9:50 am)Dan 5455 at Heysham Docks: https://flic.kr/p/QbSeGt

Thanks Dan, still no sign of 5448 and 5450?

How long will 5284 and 5285 be at Bus & Coach World for?, just i wasn't sure on how long it normally takes them to refurbish a full bus.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - a718abb - 22 Jan 2017

GNE seem to have started using Bus and Coach World at Blackburn for refurbishments. Is this as well as Thorntons, or instead of, or are Thorntons too busy to carry out the work.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - S813 FVK - 22 Jan 2017

And its in the corporate livery...maybe what thetravelman said was correct about services '49/49A' being said as opposed to 'Blaydon Racers'.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Tom - 22 Jan 2017

(22 Jan 2017, 5:29 pm)S813 FVK And its in the corporate livery...maybe what thetravelman said was correct about services '49/49A' being said as opposed to 'Blaydon Racers'.

So maybe we will just have sub branding applied then?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Michael - 22 Jan 2017

(22 Jan 2017, 5:29 pm)S813 FVK And its in the corporate livery...maybe what thetravelman said was correct about services '49/49A' being said as opposed to 'Blaydon Racers'.

I can't even see the red on it if i'm going to be honest.

(22 Jan 2017, 5:36 pm)Tom So maybe we will just have sub branding applied then?

Hopefully not, rather have them fully branded than just some route/frequency stuck on the side.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Ben C - 22 Jan 2017

Anyone know whats currently up with Blaydon Racers Citaro 5276? Haven't seen it in service for nearly 2 month.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - citaro5284 - 22 Jan 2017

(22 Jan 2017, 6:35 pm)Ben C Anyone know whats currently up with Blaydon Racers Citaro 5276? Haven't seen it in service for nearly 2 month.

Its engine is poorly.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - BusLoverMum - 22 Jan 2017

(22 Jan 2017, 6:45 pm)citaro5284 Its engine is poorly.

A technical description if ever I saw one Big Grin

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Jamie M - 22 Jan 2017

(22 Jan 2017, 6:46 pm)BusLoverMum A technical description if ever I saw one Big Grin
Up Stanley, they say 6014 has an indefinite cold. Even in the summer it never fails to infect its passengers!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - thetravelman - 22 Jan 2017

Mmmm! interesting. Looking at the photo of 5455 sat at Heysham Docks, you would initially think that it is in GNE corporate livery, however after looking further I cant be sure just like Michael has said, you can't really tell with the reflections whether it may be fully Blue. If it is fully Blue does this indicate a fresh New look for 'Blaydon Racers' or even a Fresh New brand.

Think we need another photo from a different angle to see whether this bus is in GNE Corporate livery or whether it is indeed Blue.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Jamie M - 22 Jan 2017

(22 Jan 2017, 8:40 pm)thetravelman Mmmm! interesting. Looking at the photo of 5455 sat at Heysham Docks, you would initially think that it is in GNE corporate livery, however after looking further I cant be sure just like Michael has said, you can't really tell with the reflections whether it may be fully Blue. If it is fully Blue does this indicate a fresh New look for 'Blaydon Racers' or even a Fresh New brand.

Think we need another photo from a different angle to see whether this bus is in GNE Corporate livery or whether it is indeed Blue.
I see a white/gold or blue/black dress issue growing here!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - S813 FVK - 23 Jan 2017

If anybody would like to grab a photo following its partial repaint, 6123 will be on the 17:05 90 from Team Valley.

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - S813 FVK - 23 Jan 2017

Unless some discussion is likely to be generated from it, is it really necessary to copy and paste news items? In instances where it helps with/starts a discussion, such as the Blaydon Racers talk and the Citaro refurbs, yes but i'm not too sure about anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Boggle - 23 Jan 2017

One of the ex Oxford dual door B10s was towed away by Alpha today.  Spotted it heading north from the Central Motorway onto Great North Road this morning.  I was too far away to ID it.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - NK53 TKT - 23 Jan 2017

(23 Jan 2017, 7:17 pm)Boggle One of the ex Oxford dual door B10s was towed away by Alpha today.  Spotted it heading north from the Central Motorway onto Great North Road this morning.  I was too far away to ID it.

I saw it going up the A189

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - EL1TE - 23 Jan 2017

Could've been 5154, I went past Saltmeadows today and I saw 3831 where 5154 was previously parked.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Jamie M - 24 Jan 2017

What on earth is '0141 Steel'? 3822 was showing it on all destination boards at Gateshead.
Number on the left face-on with the display in all.