North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 (/showthread.php?tid=1923)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - RBZ 5459 - 05 Jan 2017

(05 Jan 2017, 1:18 pm)Dan The first three Wright Streetlites have now been delivered:
- 5442 (NK66 EVB)
- 5443 (NK66 EVC)
- 5444 (NK66 EVD)

Hopefully they fare better than Darlington's duo.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Michael - 05 Jan 2017

(05 Jan 2017, 4:23 pm)S813 FVK But they won't have 1 less vehicle type to focus on as only 1 corporate liveried Streetlite has been ordered. Unless they go down the 'the new buses are more reliable so less spares are needed' route, one Citaro will have to stay at Stanley for the time being.

Just have to wait and see or maybe Dan or Citaro can confirm?, since they have no competition in the area so it's not really revealing any thing Tongue.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Dan - 05 Jan 2017

(05 Jan 2017, 4:23 pm)RBZ 5459 Hopefully they fare better than Darlington's duo.

I had a ride of Arriva's 1593 yesterday - the first time I've been on a Euro 6 Daimler-engined Streetlite. 1593 seemed to be a bit more of a smooth ride than a Euro 5 Cummins, but lacked 'oomph' and sounded rough as owt.

Here's hoping they've managed to iron out some issues and Go North East isn't plagued with the issues that Darlington's allegedly were!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - South Tyne Lad - 05 Jan 2017

(05 Jan 2017, 4:23 pm)S813 FVK But they won't have 1 less vehicle type to focus on as only 1 corporate liveried Streetlite has been ordered. Unless they go down the 'the new buses are more reliable so less spares are needed' route, one Citaro will have to stay at Stanley for the time being.

Which hopefully wont happen, As all new vehicle order's bar Indigo's come with 2 Corporate Spare's per batch, -
As I don't see any sense in leaving a sole example of a different vehicle type remaining at a depot for a large amount of time without replacement when the main focus is Fleet Standization.

I'm lead to believe 4896's role at Stanley will be redundant once all the Streetlite's have entered service, Due to the Impounded Citaro ( forgot fleetnumber ) will now not be needed in service at Stanley.

(05 Jan 2017, 3:11 pm)Jamie M Do I see non e-leather seats? [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Cab seat should be fabric like previous batches, While the interior will be E-Leather

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Jamie M - 05 Jan 2017

(05 Jan 2017, 4:40 pm)South Tyne Lad Which hopefully wont happen, As all new vehicle order's bar Indigo's come with 2 Corporate Spare's per batch, -
As I don't see any sense in leaving a sole example of a different vehicle type remaining at a depot for a large amount of time without replacement when the main focus is Fleet Standization.

I'm lead to believe 4896's role at Stanley will be redundant once all the Streetlite's have entered service, Due to the Impounded Citaro ( forgot fleetnumber ) will now not be needed in service at Stanley.

Cab seat should be fabric like previous batches, While the interior will be E-Leather

The RK cabs have fabric over a normal e-leather seat 😛

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

(05 Jan 2017, 4:40 pm)South Tyne Lad Which hopefully wont happen, As all new vehicle order's bar Indigo's come with 2 Corporate Spare's per batch, -

The amount of spare vehicles ordered is reviewed on a route-by-route basis.

I'm not sure where the figure of 'two spares per batch' has come from. Details below:
- Venture: PVR 10 - 2 Spares
- Citylink 58: PVR 12 - 2 Spares
- Fab Fifty Six: PVR 15 - 2 Spares
- Cobalt Clipper: PVR 15 - 2 Spares
- indiGo East Durham: PVR 12 - 2 Spares

- Red Kite / Coast & Country (Stanley): Combined PVR 15 - 1 Spare
- Coast & Country (Chester-le-St): PVR 7 - 1 Spare

- Connections4: PVR 11 - 0 Spares
- Drifter: PVR 8 - 0 Spares
- TEN: PVR 13 - 0 Spares
- Saltwell Park: PVR 8 - 0 Spares
- X66 Metrocentre: PVR 4 - 0 Spares
- Red Kite 47: PVR 4 - 0 Spares

Since then, the spares for Citylink 58 (5389/90/8335) are shared between both Citylink 58 (PVR 8) and Quaylink (PVR 22), a combined PVR of 30. A reduction from one spare in every 6 vehicles to one in every 10.

Likewise Cobalt Clipper, from one spare in every 7.5, to one spare in every 16. The increase in the number of Volvo B7TLs allocated to the Cobalt Clipper services arguably suggests that Percy Main would greatly benefit from an additional spare vehicle, should one ever become available.

When the operation of the Coast & Country services transferred to Chester-le-Street, their spares went from one in every 7 to one in every 13. The allocation of 'wrong specification' buses being allocated has increased, but I'd still say it's very rare, which suggests that a depot can cope with one spare for every 13.

The general trend seems to be that the number of spare vehicles is reducing.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - South Tyne Lad - 05 Jan 2017

(05 Jan 2017, 5:04 pm)Dan The amount of spare vehicles ordered is reviewed on a route-by-route basis.

I'm not sure where the figure of 'two spares per batch' has come from. Details below:
- Venture: PVR 10 - 2 Spares
- Citylink 58: PVR 12 - 2 Spares
- Fab Fifty Six: PVR 15 - 2 Spares
- Cobalt Clipper: PVR 15 - 2 Spares
- indiGo East Durham: PVR 12 - 2 Spares

- Red Kite / Coast & Country (Stanley): Combined PVR 15 - 1 Spare
- Coast & Country (Chester-le-St): PVR 7 - 1 Spare

- Connections4: PVR 11 - 0 Spares
- Drifter: PVR 8 - 0 Spares
- TEN: PVR 13 - 0 Spares
- Saltwell Park: PVR 8 - 0 Spares
- X66 Metrocentre: PVR 4 - 0 Spares
- Red Kite 47: PVR 4 - 0 Spares

Since then, the spares for Citylink 58 (5389/90/8335) are shared between both Citylink 58 (PVR 8) and Quaylink (PVR 22), a combined PVR of 30. A reduction from one spare in every 6 vehicles to one in every 10.

Likewise Cobalt Clipper, from one spare in every 7.5, to one spare in every 16. The increase in the number of Volvo B7TLs allocated to the Cobalt Clipper services arguably suggests that Percy Main would greatly benefit from an additional spare vehicle, should one ever become available.

When the operation of the Coast & Country services transferred to Chester-le-Street, their spares went from one in every 7 to one in every 13. The allocation of 'wrong specification' buses being allocated has increased, but I'd still say it's very rare, which suggests that a depot can cope with one spare for every 13.

The general trend seems to be that the number of spare vehicles is reducing.

Some of the example's provided were delivered before the spare's for every batch was common, Some of them have also now got dedicated spare's of a similar spec, Connection's 4 ( 5324 ) , TEN ( 6084 ) , Drifter ( 5438,9 ) .
Some service's will work with only one, Mostly the ones with a smaller PVR, But a service with a larger PVR is logical to have 2 same spec vehicles in case of a mass breakdown, Some of them you've already hightlighted in your post.

(05 Jan 2017, 5:32 pm)South Tyne Lad Some of the example's provided were delivered before the spare's for every batch was common, Some of them have also now got dedicated spare's of a similar spec, Connection's 4 ( 5324 ) , TEN ( 6084 ) , Drifter ( 5438,9 ) .
Some service's will work with only one, Mostly the ones with a smaller PVR, But a service with a larger PVR is logical to have 2 same spec vehicles in case of a mass breakdown, Some of them you've already hightlighted in your post.

Connections4 - 5324 has been introduced as a dedicated spare for the Connections4, yes, but it wasn't bought new for that purpose and the main reason why it was done was to reduce the amount of different vehicle types at Washington (the three spare Scania L94s have been replaced by two OmniCitys and one Mercedes Citaro).

TEN - 6084 forms part of the PVR of the TEN when not required to cover for a branded vehicle on the Tyne Tees Xpress. It isn't a dedicated spare for the TEN.

Drifter - The combined PVR of the Prince Bishops (20) and Drifter (8) is 28. Two spares for 28 equates to one spare in every 14.

Two spares for a PVR of 9, on a service which has a modern and reliable vehicle allocation, would be very unlikely. If these are heading to Stanley for the Durham Diamond, there would be two spares (5419 and 5451). The combined PVR of the Durham Diamond (9) and Red Kite (14) is 23 - ie one spare in every 11.5 - a spare vehicle percentage which is more in line with the rest of the fleet. At approximately £170,000 a piece, it's difficult to justify ordering a large number of spare buses, when they're not actually required. The Castles Express didn't receive a spare StreetDeck for this reason (approximately £225,000 a piece!)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - jack - 05 Jan 2017

anyone know what will happen to the mercadie citaros on the 16 16a as i think thyell be put into new livery

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - JP6004 - 05 Jan 2017

(05 Jan 2017, 6:13 pm)jack anyone know what will happen to the mercadie citaros on the 16 16a as i think thyell be put into new livery

Probs head to Deptford for X5 with 2 spare going onto 9

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Michael - 05 Jan 2017

(05 Jan 2017, 6:32 pm)JP6004 Probs head to Deptford for X5 with 2 spare going onto 9

Ye, same here.

As it's been confirmed by Go North East staff on Facebook - a total of 21 Streetlites will be delivered over the next six weeks. Ten for Durham Diamond and eleven for services 49/49A.

It's part of a £10m investment into new buses this financial year, with further buses hopefully coming too.

(05 Jan 2017, 10:26 pm)Dan As it's been confirmed by Go North East staff on Facebook - a total of 21 Streetlites will be delivered over the next six weeks. Ten for Durham Diamond and eleven for services 49/49A.

It's part of a £10m investment into new buses this financial year, with further buses hopefully coming too.

Cool, thanks for sharing.

I would imagine rest of the order is Solo's to get rid of the MPD's and the start of the Plaxton President Deckers?

Which page is the info on?

-----

I think the Blaydon Racers Citaro's will remain at Riverside for the Green Arrow

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - S813 FVK - 05 Jan 2017

I'm missing the Olympians already - the lack of yellow in the school bus que tonight was just weird. At least that Venture SR keeps the colour present Smile

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Ambassador - 06 Jan 2017

(05 Jan 2017, 10:26 pm)Dan As it's been confirmed by Go North East staff on Facebook - a total of 21 Streetlites will be delivered over the next six weeks. Ten for Durham Diamond and eleven for services 49/49A.

I'm going to be doing some work visits across Pelton and Beamish over the next few months. Some Citaro Waggonways would be absolutely lovely Dan.

I'm sure I'm not overestimating your influence in arranging this  Angel

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - BusLoverMum - 06 Jan 2017

(05 Jan 2017, 1:18 pm)Dan The first three Wright Streetlites have now been delivered:
- 5442 (NK66 EVB)
- 5443 (NK66 EVC)
- 5444 (NK66 EVD)

[Image: 31309940913_4c022c057d.jpg]Go North East: 5443 / NK66EVC by Daniel Graham, on Flickr
They need a wash.

And this forum has been made very UN mobile friendly

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Dan - 06 Jan 2017

(06 Jan 2017, 12:39 am)BusLoverMum They need a wash.

And this forum has been made very UN mobile friendly

Would you mind PMing me with some more details on mobile friendly forum layout?

Looks spot on for me viewing on a mobile device.

(06 Jan 2017, 12:32 am)Ambassador I'm going to be doing some work visits across Pelton and Beamish over the next few months. Some Citaro Waggonways would be absolutely lovely Dan.

I'm sure I'm not overestimating your influence in arranging this  Angel

I think you are!

Replacements for the Waggonway L94s won't be too far away but I doubt these will be Mercs.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Venturego - 06 Jan 2017

Any improvements due for former Diamond 43,44/Northern route no 6 ? Also X30, X31, X70, X71etc...? in terms of new buses or brand. As these routes are closely related could they be given a common brand, maybe with Express prefix to the express service routes e.g Northern and Northern Express, extension of Diamond (reverting back to pre- separation of Durham Diamond) - Although a stronger "Northern" brand is much more established historically in the Stanley, Consett area to Newcastle.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - JP6004 - 06 Jan 2017

(06 Jan 2017, 12:18 pm)Venturego Any improvements due for former Diamond 43,44/Northern route no 6 ? Also X30, X31, X70, X71etc...? in terms of new buses or brand. As these routes are closely related could they be given a common brand, maybe with Express prefix to the express service routes e.g Northern and Northern Express, extension of Diamond (reverting back to pre- separation of Durham Diamond) - Although a stronger "Northern" brand is much more established historically in the Stanley, Consett area to Newcastle.

If the 10 gets new deckers this year, the B9s could be cascaded to Stanley for 6/X70/X71 and bring back West Durham Swift!!!!!  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2017 - Venturego - 06 Jan 2017

That should include X30/X31, as Toon Link has no connection with 12/12A (and i believe was just temporary to use branded Omnicities with minimal sub branding when 11 changes took place)