North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 (/showthread.php?tid=1949)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Ryan99 - 29 Mar 2017

(29 Mar 2017, 10:16 am)Jamie M Who says the X30/X31/X70/X71/6 isn't going to have a restructure?
We still have a lot of V reg buses which could do with replacing!

What V reg ones ?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Jamie M - 29 Mar 2017

(29 Mar 2017, 11:00 am)Ryan99 What V reg ones ?
B7 plaxtons

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Dan - 29 Mar 2017

Well, as Michael has enjoyed his journey on 5285, it got me thinking...

Has anyone else acquired 'xray eyes' - or can we actually see through contravision?

[Image: b1d08eb702e283daafbed28cf49c3b38.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Michael - 29 Mar 2017

(29 Mar 2017, 12:47 pm)Dan Well, as Michael has enjoyed his journey on 5285, it got me thinking...

Has anyone else acquired 'xray eyes' - or can we actually see through contravision?

[Image: b1d08eb702e283daafbed28cf49c3b38.jpg]

I didn't notice as i sat at the back but that saves Greg moaning...

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Dan - 29 Mar 2017

(29 Mar 2017, 12:58 pm)Michael I didn't notice as i sat at the back but that saves Gregg moaning...

Bonus #NEBPoints on offer for anyone who can successfully guess the location!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Ryan99 - 29 Mar 2017

(29 Mar 2017, 11:43 am)Jamie M B7 plaxtons

I think the current omnideckers should replace them presidents when or if 5234-5238 transfer over then even transfer omnideckers to the likes of Chester le street , Washington and Percy main .

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - South Tyne Lad - 29 Mar 2017

(29 Mar 2017, 10:16 am)Jamie M Who says the X30/X31/X70/X71/6 isn't going to have a restructure?
We still have a lot of V reg buses which could do with replacing!

I don't get why transferring a totally different batch of buses which have totally different interior spec on them would work, Especially as the Omnicity's work perfectly on there, Though a little interior refresh could do.

The fact 5275 has a Tacograph highlights that it is to remain at Riverside, To cover TTX B9s, I would probably say this will be one of the first up to cover a B9 from now on, Due to it being a Similar spec, Infact even better.
Also to note how a few years back the 93/94 gained funding from the Department for Transport for investment in exhaust traps for the allocation, Which turned out to be Eminox mods fitted to the Scania's, Id think that this funding is still on running, And I'm led to believe the Citaros were fitted with AVID E-Fans upon refurb, They certainly felt like it when I rode one last week, This would comply with funding for 93/94.

So there's only one place left really, The Loop.....

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Michael - 29 Mar 2017

(29 Mar 2017, 3:44 pm)South Tyne Lad I don't get why transferring a totally different batch of buses which have totally different interior spec on them would work, Especially as the Omnicity's work perfectly on there, Though a little interior refresh could do.

The fact 5275 has a Tacograph highlights that it is to remain at Riverside, To cover TTX B9s, I would probably say this will be one of the first up to cover a B9 from now on, Due to it being a Similar spec, Infact even better.
Also to note how a few years back the 93/94 gained funding from the Department for Transport for investment in exhaust traps for the allocation, Which turned out to be Eminox mods fitted to the Scania's, Id think that this funding is still on running, And I'm led to believe the Citaros were fitted with AVID E-Fans upon refurb, They certainly felt like it when I rode one last week, This would comply with funding for 93/94.

Hopefully means 5 of the Loop Scania's will move on to the Waggonway, like it's been suggested on here before, meaning the Waggonway Scania's go to Driver Training.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - GuyParkRoyal - 29 Mar 2017

(29 Mar 2017, 12:59 pm)Dan Bonus #NEBPoints on offer for anyone who can successfully guess the location!

My guess is Sunderland Road Bungalows, west bound just before Duke of Cumberland PH.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - S813 FVK - 29 Mar 2017

(29 Mar 2017, 3:44 pm)South Tyne Lad The fact 5275 has a Tacograph highlights that it is to remain at Riverside

Does it? Obviously Dan has confirmed via the news and his photo of 5275 that it will be returning to service at Riverside but I don't see how having a tachograph would highlight this. The vehicle having a tachograph would probably have not even been thought about that much, if at all, when the reallocation plans were drawn up.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - JP6004 - 29 Mar 2017

(29 Mar 2017, 4:10 pm)S813 FVK Does it? Obviously Dan has confirmed via the news and his photo of 5275 that it will be returning to service at Riverside but I don't see how having a tachograph would highlight this. The vehicle having a tachograph would probably have not even been thought about that much, if at all, when the reallocation plans were drawn up.

And the fact that it very rarely appeared on TTX. It only been recently that a citaro has been allocated as they were no longer required on 49

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - thetravelman - 29 Mar 2017

I saw Merc Citaro 5284 parked up at Bell Trucks earlier today. 

Obviously this has recently been refurbished, however the drivers cab looks a little worn already, mainly the blue dash and cab area. The blue seemed quite grubby and dirty, as though it had greasy or oily black marks in variuos places. Either that or the nice blue interior cab paint is already rubbing off!!

Other than that, I must say this is the first Citaro I've been close up to since they were refurbished, I think they do look good!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - a718abb - 29 Mar 2017

Does anyone know why the Citaro refurbishment was carried at Bus and Coach World at Blackburn as opposed to Thorntons. As far as I can recall, GNE have never used the Blackburn facility before.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Jamie M - 29 Mar 2017

(29 Mar 2017, 3:44 pm)South Tyne Lad I don't get why transferring a totally different batch of buses which have totally different interior spec on them would work, Especially as the Omnicity's work perfectly on there, Though a little interior refresh could do.

The 6/X70/X71 could do with a downgrade literally 95% of the day.
5410 also has a tacho, and that's at Stanley. 3995/6 also have tachos, and they seem to exist happily.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Ben C - 29 Mar 2017

This is what I think may happen:

5275 - 5279 for 12/12A, likely to become "Blaydon Racers" as this is a relevant brand to the route  branded which would lead to 5234 - 5238 becoming free.

I think 5234 - 5238 might head back up to Stanley firstly for standardisation. I think if they head up to Stanley, Toon Link livery will be kept however route description for services X70/X71 with excluding the 6 this has a PVR of 4. The 5th OmniCity, 5238 could become a "Toon Link Spare" for example, still carrying the Toon Link livery however carrying a tagline such as "Fast and Frequent links from Stanley and Consett to Newcastle City Centre" which would fill out on any Toon Link service when a route branded vehicle is unavailable. 

Castcading these Omnicitys to Stanley could also lease 4 OmniDekkas to a depot such as Chester Le Street, to cover up for their lost presidents and to replace another president or two.

Service 6 could be stopped to inter work with the X70/X71 at Newcastle by a timetable change.

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - cbma06 - 29 Mar 2017

Where's the posts gone that I have sent?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Adrian - 29 Mar 2017

(29 Mar 2017, 7:44 pm)cbma06 Where's the posts gone that I have sent?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've removed a handful of posts that were off topic, after I'd clarified the moderation position that was being questioned. Happy for you or anyone else to PM me if they want to discuss the moderation of the forum further, so not to clog up the thread.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Pulsar - 29 Mar 2017

If 5275-79 were for the 12 then maybe 5280-83 could go to Hexham for the Tynedale Xpress. Not that much newer than the solars but certainly an improvement interior wise.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - S813 FVK - 29 Mar 2017

(29 Mar 2017, 8:15 pm)Pulsar If 5275-79 were for the 12 then maybe 5280-83 could go to Hexham for the Tynedale Xpress. Not that much newer than the solars but certainly an improvement interior wise.

And would also provide better competition with the 685 in terms of vehicle spec.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - thetravelman - 29 Mar 2017

(29 Mar 2017, 8:15 pm)Pulsar If 5275-79 were for the 12 then maybe 5280-83 could go to Hexham for the Tynedale Xpress. Not that much newer than the solars but certainly an improvement interior wise.

(29 Mar 2017, 8:31 pm)S813 FVK And would also provide better competition with the 685 in terms of vehicle spec.

Sounds good to me.

As I've mentioned in the past, I do think the TynedaleXpress would benefit from an upgrade. 
However newer buses would be better, but as Pulsar has said the interior upgrade would still be an improvement for the service. 
However would they upgrade TynedaleXpress to Citaros but leave the 680 Tynedale Links service with a Solar? That would mean only one at Hexham unless they still keep a Solar for the spare?