North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 (/showthread.php?tid=2013)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Citaro5326 - 22 Aug 2017

(22 Aug 2017, 5:50 pm)Dan Would be a bit of an odd move, when Go North East haven't got any Enviro 200s in their fleet at the moment?

I know , i think its false plus why would they aqquire 3 of them

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Rapidsnap - 22 Aug 2017

Also they aren't just any normal Enviro 200s either. They are MAN 14:240 chassis with the ADL Enviro 200 body, similar to what Stagecoach have in Hartlepool and Newcastle. The only Go-Ahead company that would prob operate these would by Plymouth, but even that is unlikely. More likely that these along with a lot of Metrobus vehicles were leased and will prob be returned to the leaser, wouldn't be suprised if these turned up in New Zealand to be honest, they seem to like that chassis type over there.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Citaro5326 - 22 Aug 2017

(22 Aug 2017, 8:45 pm)Rapidsnap Also they aren't just any normal Enviro 200s either. They are MAN 14:240 chassis with the ADL Enviro 200 body, similar to what Stagecoach have in Hartlepool and Newcastle. The only Go-Ahead company that would prob operate these would by Plymouth, but even that is unlikely. More likely that these along with a lot of Metrobus vehicles were leased and will prob be returned to the leaser, wouldn't be suprised if these turned up in New Zealand to be honest, they seem to like that chassis type over there.

Some of my mates saying 3 mpds to be replaced by this so 559,618,619 but dunno because tynedale links mpds only 12 years old

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - S830OFT - 22 Aug 2017

(22 Aug 2017, 9:23 pm)Citaro5326 Some of my mates saying 3 mpds to be replaced by this so 559,618,619 but dunno because tynedale links mpds only 12 years old

The sale value on 618/19 will be good though. Wasn't it rumoured 649 is repacing 559?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Jordan2104 - 23 Aug 2017

(22 Aug 2017, 10:08 pm)S830OFT The sale value on 618/19 will be good though. Wasn't it rumoured 649 is repacing 559?

Think dan mentioned 649 was to go to percy main and then 639 would go to depford

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - S813 FVK - 23 Aug 2017

(23 Aug 2017, 1:21 am)iJordan2104 Think dan mentioned 649 was to go to percy main and then 639 would go to depford

Yes, 639 to Deptford as a float vehicle to cover refurbishment. I wouldn't be surprised to see it transfer to Riverside after Deptford to replace 559.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - eezypeazy - 23 Aug 2017

I'd guess that 618 and 619 might be withdrawn on 2 October, with Hexham retaining 635 and 636 when the Hadrian's Wall season comes to an end. If all else stays the same, Hexham wouldn't need another two Solos until next Easter.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - makem1 - 23 Aug 2017

See Go-Ahead is going to operate the outer dublin buses, wonder if we will get their cast offs as well

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Rapidsnap - 23 Aug 2017

Unlikely as the buses is Dublin will still be owned by the government.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Andreos1 - 23 Aug 2017

(22 Aug 2017, 8:45 pm)Rapidsnap Also they aren't just any normal Enviro 200s either. They are MAN 14:240 chassis with the ADL Enviro 200 body, similar to what Stagecoach have in Hartlepool and Newcastle. The only Go-Ahead company that would prob operate these would by Plymouth, but even that is unlikely. More likely that these along with a lot of Metrobus vehicles were leased and will prob be returned to the leaser, wouldn't be suprised if these turned up in New Zealand to be honest, they seem to like that chassis type over there.

To be fair, there's been many a second hand aquisition that has been the first of a type.
You mentioned just now about the Dublin fleet being owned by the Irish Government, but it doesn't seem too long ago that examples were purchased by GNE.

Of course, there are more examples to refer to and there's nothing to say that if these 3 were to arrive, that they would be the last.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - thetravelman - 23 Aug 2017

Are there any planned or are we likely to see; GNE receive any more cascades in the near future from B&H, London or any other Go Ahead company?

I'm thinking maybe for replacing some of the older double deckers in the fleet possibly. 

Am I right in thinking there is still possibly a few more Scania Omnidekkers to come from B&H?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - V514DFT - 23 Aug 2017

Any news on whats going to replace 8303

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Dan - 24 Aug 2017

6308 (NK17 GKD) has now been delivered to Go North East. Will be re-registered as a 67 plate before entering service.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - JP6004 - 24 Aug 2017

(24 Aug 2017, 1:07 pm)Dan 6308 (NK17 GKD) has now been delivered to Go North East. Will be re-registered as a 67 plate before entering service.

Taking advantage of the poker table are you  Tongue

(24 Aug 2017, 2:17 pm)JP6004 Taking advantage of the poker table are you  Tongue

Well - that was my afternoon sorted! You've got me sussed!

(24 Aug 2017, 1:07 pm)Dan 6308 (NK17 GKD) has now been delivered to Go North East. Will be re-registered as a 67 plate before entering service.

A selection of photos of the interior and exterior are available here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/shares/7op7K4

The interior specification is largely the same as the StreetDecks on the Castles Express, but it has been marginally improved. Following positive feedback received from passengers on services allocated the refurbished Mercedes Citaros regarding the comfort of these seats, the seats on the new X9/X10 buses use 'proper leather' as opposed to e-leather. Each headrest has a red Go North East logo embroidered into it.

Like the Castles Express, there are four tables on the upper-deck, though this time each table has a game. Each one is different: Snakes and Ladders, Where's Wally, Solitaire, and a race track. Primarily designed for commuters or students using laptops, there are also three-pin sockets at each table seat. To answer S813 FVK's next question: the power socket feature symbol won't be shown on the bus, given that the three-pin sockets are only at the tables.

The specification for the stairwell has been revised - the glass and logo are now lit up with blue LEDs providing more lighting on the stairwell, and the CCTV TFT monitor has been moved to the stairwell, and is planned be frozen on one or two cameras, showing if there are any seats available upstairs, before passengers try and go up.

There is now a larger litter bin downstairs adjacent to the stairwell, and there are a few smaller bins upstairs. These were used by some passengers on routes which the demonstrator vehicles (which featured these bins in the upper saloon) were used on, so hopefully this continues on these new buses.

Something else worth mentioning is that Go North East have bought alloy wheels for these buses, rather than the standard ones. Look much better, in my opinion, and add an element of class and style.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Ambassador - 24 Aug 2017

Games on the table are quirky, rip off from Grand Central but I like it.

Certainly looks a more premium product and about as close to an Oxford tube style coach express that we'll get.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - JP6004 - 24 Aug 2017

(24 Aug 2017, 3:12 pm)Dan A selection of photos of the interior and exterior are available here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/shares/7op7K4

The interior specification is largely the same as the StreetDecks on the Castles Express, but it has been marginally improved. Following positive feedback received from passengers on services allocated the refurbished Mercedes Citaros regarding the comfort of these seats, the seats on the new X9/X10 buses use 'proper leather' as opposed to e-leather. Each headrest has a red Go North East logo embroidered into it.

Like the Castles Express, there are four tables on the upper-deck, though this time each table has a game. Each one is different: Snakes and Ladders, Where's Wally, Solitaire, and a race track. Primarily designed for commuters or students using laptops, there are also three-pin sockets at each table seat. To answer S813 FVK's next question: the power socket feature symbol won't be shown on the bus, given that the three-pin sockets are only at the tables.

The specification for the stairwell has been revised - the glass and logo are now lit up with blue LEDs providing more lighting on the stairwell, and the CCTV TFT monitor has been moved to the stairwell, and is planned be frozen on one or two cameras, showing if there are any seats available upstairs, before passengers try and go up.

There is now a larger litter bin downstairs adjacent to the stairwell, and there are a few smaller bins upstairs. These were used by some passengers on routes which the demonstrator vehicles (which featured these bins in the upper saloon) were used on, so hopefully this continues on these new buses.

Something else worth mentioning is that Go North East have bought alloy wheels for these buses, rather than the standard ones. Look much better, in my opinion, and add an element of class and style.

Looks fab! Although looks like the NSA has now gone back to the TFT rather than the LED version.......or is that something else on the upper deck windscreen?

(24 Aug 2017, 4:36 pm)Ambassador Games on the table are quirky, rip off from Grand Central but I like it.

Certainly looks a more premium product and about as close to an Oxford tube style coach express that we'll get.

Sure McDonalds had them first at their tables Tongue

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Michael - 24 Aug 2017

(24 Aug 2017, 3:12 pm)Dan A selection of photos of the interior and exterior are available here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/shares/7op7K4

Looks really smart inside.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Malarkey - 24 Aug 2017

Will 6084 be repainted and branded for the X9/X10, or will it remain in Red.