North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 (/showthread.php?tid=2013)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - JP6004 - 15 Aug 2017

(15 Aug 2017, 2:32 pm)S813 FVK The big reveal...
https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/x9-x10/

I think it looks really smart............love the table decals  Big Grin

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - S813 FVK - 15 Aug 2017

(15 Aug 2017, 2:41 pm)cbma06 Was somebody on acid pills when there designed that livery?.

There need to change the via points as Dalton park is between peterlee and Newcastle and not Newcastle, peterlee, Dalton park then Middlesbrough. Has GNE sorted the X6/X7 via points out aswell as it's still has peterlee , Dalton park then Hartlepool coming from Sunderland .

Someone who works for GNE on here need to tell their commercial department the mistake before there screw up the Via points and also the mistake on the X6/X7 brand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see the issue regarding the X9/X10 branding?

X9: Newcastle, Peterlee, Middlesbrough
X10: Newcastle, Dalton Park, Middlesbrough

I have not included the A19 sliproad as Peterlee - it is barely that to be honest. 'for Peterlee' might more appropriate. Likewise, Evenings and Sundays are pretty insignificant.

On another note, the pink feature symbol (previously seatbelts) has returned. This time it is for contactless.

I agree with the X6/X7 though, Peterlee and Dalton Park need to be swapped over.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Adrian - 15 Aug 2017

(15 Aug 2017, 2:41 pm)cbma06 Was somebody on acid pills when there designed that livery?.

There need to change the via points as Dalton park is between peterlee and Newcastle and not Newcastle, peterlee, Dalton park then Middlesbrough. Has GNE sorted the X6/X7 via points out aswell as it's still has peterlee , Dalton park then Hartlepool coming from Sunderland .

Someone who works for GNE on here need to tell their commercial department the mistake before there screw up the Via points and also the mistake on the X6/X7 brand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does seem a little strange to order them in that way. My expectation as a customer would always be to see the via points in geographic order, so my first thought when seeing Peterlee before Dalton Park was to question whether it is correct...

I'm quite looking forward to it serving Dalton Park, and I just hope it gets some use.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Michael - 15 Aug 2017

(15 Aug 2017, 2:32 pm)S813 FVK The big reveal...
https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/x9-x10/

Looks smart.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - JP6004 - 15 Aug 2017

(15 Aug 2017, 5:35 pm)Michael Looks smart.

That must be your shortest post  Tongue

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - citaro5284 - 15 Aug 2017

(15 Aug 2017, 5:35 pm)Michael Looks smart.

(15 Aug 2017, 5:42 pm)JP6004 That must be your shortest post  Tongue

And not a question in sight either  Big Grin

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Citaro5326 - 15 Aug 2017

I got told at the 500 group tour when i went to riverside there was 7 gemani 3s for X9/X10 and 19 Streetdecks

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - a718abb - 15 Aug 2017

When the new timetable for the X9/X10 comes into force, this service will no longer be subject to E.U. rules, and as such, will not need tachographs. Each journey will be split into two, so that each half falls withinthe 50km rule for domestic rules.  The X9 was never a problem as there was a natural half way point at Peterlee.  However, the X10 was different and did not have a natural half way point.  By including Dalton Park on the X10 there is now a natural break. What this means is that each journey from Newcastle to Middlesbrough is actually two journeys, using one bus.  The same applies for the return.  This is a work around for being able to use domestic rules instead of EU rules. There will be no need for a dedicated EU Rota at Riverside Depot, buses will not need tachograph, meaning that breakdowns can be covered much easier and allocation of duties will be simplified.  Arriva have been using this system on the X12 and 685for a while now.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - citaro5284 - 15 Aug 2017

(15 Aug 2017, 6:17 pm)a718abb When the new timetable for the X9/X10 comes into force, this service will no longer be subject to E.U. rules, and as such, will not need tachographs. Each journey will be split into two, so that each half falls withinthe 50km rule for domestic rules.  The X9 was never a problem as there was a natural half way point at Peterlee.  However, the X10 was different and did not have a natural half way point.  By including Dalton Park on the X10 there is now a natural break. What this means is that each journey from Newcastle to Middlesbrough is actually two journeys, using one bus.  The same applies for the return.  This is a work around for being able to use domestic rules instead of EU rules. There will be no need for a dedicated EU Rota at Riverside Depot, buses will not need tachograph, meaning that breakdowns can be covered much easier and allocation of duties will be simplified.  Arriva have been using this system on the X12 and 685for a while now.

The rota for X9/X10 is going to remain as stand alone (with domestic rules applied).

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - S813 FVK - 15 Aug 2017

Looks like the X9 and X10 will now interwork with each other at each end.

The buggy policy has also been changed, meaning pushchairs will no longer need to be folded down while travelling.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - a718abb - 15 Aug 2017

(15 Aug 2017, 6:24 pm)citaro5284 The rota for X9/X10 is going to remain as stand alone (with domestic rules applied).

I think that's a good idea to use the current drivers who have knowledge of the route and diversions, which they will undoubtedly need when the A19 is blocked.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Andreos1 - 15 Aug 2017

I am with cbma with the livery.
At first I thought it was a glitch with the image opening on my phone!
It was only after refreshing the page a couple of times that I realised it wasn't!

(15 Aug 2017, 6:36 pm)a718abb I think that's a good idea to use the current drivers who have knowledge of the route and diversions, which they will undoubtedly need when the A19 is blocked.

I'm a fan of the stop a Dalton Park. It is something that I think should have been done a while ago. The potential (if marketed right - including ticketing options and timed to work with connecting services) is massive.

However, like with the X21, the stop instantly reduces flexibility. Particularly when the A19 is blocked.
Prior to these changes, a diversion via South Hetton and the A182 through to Houghton was an option. It was used too.
Whilst the South Hetton/A182 is still an option. Continuing through to Houghton isn't. Or at least not without going via Murton to Dalton Park and back out.

It would be interesting to see any reports that collated any diversions and how many times a diversion has been used.

The A19 is a nightmare road for all vehicles that use it, no more so than the X9/X10.  On paper, the concept of running a service between Newcastle and Middlesbrough with just a few stops on the way is am good one.  Indeed, it is quicker than Northern Rail, which goes through Sunderland and Hartlepool, and in that respect, GNE have the advantage. But the practicalities of running the service at peak times, causes major problems for time keeping.  This situation is only going to get worse, owing to the forthcoming major roadworks upgrading Testos roundabout and Downhill Lane Interchange on the A19. There is really no workaround.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - James101 - 15 Aug 2017

Looks like some thought has gone into this new livery, the shapes suit the angles of the Streetdeck body much better than curves sit on the X21s.

Are we to assume 'Journeys taken care of' is a new slogan?

(15 Aug 2017, 9:14 pm)James101 Looks like some thought has gone into this new livery, the shapes suit the angles of the Streetdeck body much better than curves sit on the X21s.

Are we to assume 'Journeys taken care of' is a new slogan?

Never assume, it makes an ass out of u and me

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - park5354 - 15 Aug 2017

(15 Aug 2017, 6:31 pm)S813 FVK Looks like the X9 and X10 will now interwork with each other at each end.

The buggy policy has also been changed, meaning pushchairs will no longer need to be folded down while travelling.

Interwork at Middlesbrough only.

(15 Aug 2017, 9:46 pm)park5354 Interwork at Middlesbrough only.

With regard to the buggy policy, the three existing TTX vehicles which are to be rebranded as Tyne Valley Ten will need to have two downstairs sears taken out to accomodate a buggy bay, or they will not be very popular along the Ryton corridor with parents and buggies going to the Metro centre.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - nk55 - 15 Aug 2017

(15 Aug 2017, 6:17 pm)a718abb When the new timetable for the X9/X10 comes into force, this service will no longer be subject to E.U. rules, and as such, will not need tachographs. Each journey will be split into two, so that each half falls withinthe 50km rule for domestic rules.  The X9 was never a problem as there was a natural half way point at Peterlee.  However, the X10 was different and did not have a natural half way point.  By including Dalton Park on the X10 there is now a natural break. What this means is that each journey from Newcastle to Middlesbrough is actually two journeys, using one bus.  The same applies for the return.  This is a work around for being able to use domestic rules instead of EU rules. There will be no need for a dedicated EU Rota at Riverside Depot, buses will not need tachograph, meaning that breakdowns can be covered much easier and allocation of duties will be simplified.  Arriva have been using this system on the X12 and 685for a while now.

Drivers not limited to 4 1/2 hrs driving before needing a break.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - L469 YVK - 15 Aug 2017

With the X9/X10 being put under domestic rules, if extra drivers were needed, would experienced drivers who drive the Tens be called for due to experience veing needed to handle the deckers in challenging conditions?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2017 - Jamie M - 16 Aug 2017

I don't believe the TENs fall under any special requirements. I've seen the same drivers hop between 27s/94s/10s etc over many days. I think they'd just stick to LDs rather than anything new.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk