North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2017 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2017 (/showthread.php?tid=2029)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2017 - Adrian - 21 Oct 2017

(21 Oct 2017, 9:17 pm)Rapidsnap I can't see what's so special about these new destination screens design

I don't like them. I'd noticed them on the X10 when I was at Dalton Park late, one night last week, and I could barely read what the bottom line said. The 'existing' destination layout was probably the best example up here, with double width characters on both lines. Crystal clear - even at night.

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2017 - Jamie M - 22 Oct 2017

Removed as quoted post no longer exists.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2017 - citaro5284 - 22 Oct 2017

(21 Oct 2017, 9:59 pm)Adrian I don't like them. I'd noticed them on the X10 when I was at Dalton Park late, one night last week, and I could barely read what the bottom line said. The 'existing' destination layout was probably the best example up here, with double width characters on both lines. Crystal clear - even at night.

Agree with your comments there - maybe do away with the via's completely and just have the terminal point filling the screen.

On another note, I was on a X10 B5 yesterday and sitting in the front seat upstairs and the wind noise coming from the offside was really bad, was whistling more than an old fashion kettle!!, and yet when I was on a Coastliner B5 in the afternoon going across the Moors, whilst there was a little bit of noise, it was not half as bad as the GNE example and it was just as windy.

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2017 - Jamie M - 22 Oct 2017

I've not been on one of the new B5TLs yet, haven't had much inspiration to. Perhaps when Scarb'ro V2 comes along (Jimmi knows ), I will have to!

Parking seems a nightmare there, would rather pay the £10 explorer rate and enjoy the travelling experience (best found outside of peak season times...). This is assuming the B5TLs are not just double decker streetlites whereby it's more comfortable to stand than to sit.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2017 - Jimmi - 22 Oct 2017

(22 Oct 2017, 7:11 am)citaro5284 Agree with your comments there - maybe do away with the via's completely and just have the terminal point filling the screen.

On another note, I was on a X10 B5 yesterday and sitting in the front seat upstairs and the wind noise coming from the offside was really bad, was whistling more than an old fashion kettle!!, and yet when I was on a Coastliner B5 in the afternoon going across the Moors, whilst there was a little bit of noise, it was not half as bad as the GNE example and it was just as windy.

Wind also seemed to be a issue with the B9s on the X9/X10, although it was more a case of it sounding more windy than it actually is.

Unsure what my thoughts are on the destination set ups on the likes of the X9/X10, whilst I think that having just the terminus point of the route is a good idea (doesn't really work on X9/X10 due to split registrations), I think it would be somewhat of a shame if via points were dropped, I like the the via points being static but I do wish they could be a bit more bold as it's not the easiest to read, especially from a distance and if no one can read them, they may as well not be there. 
(22 Oct 2017, 10:17 am)Jamie M I've not been on one of the new B5TLs yet, haven't had much inspiration to. Perhaps when Scarb'ro V2 comes along (Jimmi knows ), I will have to!

Parking seems a nightmare there, would rather pay the £10 explorer rate and enjoy the travelling experience (best found outside of peak season times...). This is assuming the B5TLs are not just double decker streetlites whereby it's more comfortable to stand than to sit.

Still haven't got over the last one! Mind a repeat trip couldn't be much worse than that day was for me, unless the story Andreos referenced yesterday was to occur... [vomit]

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2017 - Andreos1 - 22 Oct 2017

(22 Oct 2017, 7:11 am)citaro5284 Agree with your comments there - maybe do away with the via's completely and just have the terminal point filling the screen.

(22 Oct 2017, 11:40 am)Jimmi Wind also seemed to be a issue with the B9s on the X9/X10, although it was more a case of it sounding more windy than it actually is.

Unsure what my thoughts are on the destination set ups on the likes of the X9/X10, whilst I think that having just the terminus point of the route is a good idea (doesn't really work on X9/X10 due to split registrations), I think it would be somewhat of a shame if via points were dropped, I like the the via points being static but I do wish they could be a bit more bold as it's not the easiest to read, especially from a distance and if no one can read them, they may as well not be there. 

Still haven't got over the last one! Mind a repeat trip couldn't be much worse than that day was for me, unless the story Andreos referenced yesterday was to occur... [vomit]

BIB: A lesson not learned? It is the same with the X1 branded B9's too. 
Not very relaxing or pleasant at all.

BII: What about poor Adam? He had to witness the actions of the passengers in question.
Poor lad.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2017 - Michael - 22 Oct 2017

(20 Oct 2017, 11:11 am)Dan Indeed - and the colour of 5328 may come as a surprise to some...

Fleet livery red and blue.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

When will 5328 re-enter service?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2017 - Dan - 22 Oct 2017

(22 Oct 2017, 12:38 pm)Michael When will 5328 re-enter service?

Hopefully tomorrow, after it goes its monthly vehicle inspection.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2017 - Michael - 22 Oct 2017

(22 Oct 2017, 12:54 pm)Dan Hopefully tomorrow, after it goes its monthly vehicle inspection.

Which service at Deptford will it be allocated to?

(22 Oct 2017, 12:54 pm)Michael Which depot/service will it be allocated to?

Deptford.

(22 Oct 2017, 12:55 pm)Dan Deptford.

Edited my post as you replied haha.

Interesting it has no tagline or Advert frames... will it be branded like the 49?

(05 Oct 2017, 2:45 pm)S813 FVK Somewhat old news now, but to aid with the updating of the news, I have listed the missing taglines below attaching photos where possible:

633: '35 Million Miles' tagline replaced with the 'Recharge Your Batteries' variant
647: 'Never Miss Your Stop'
4966: '35 Million Miles'
5205: 'Recharge Your Batteries'
5206: 'Recharge Your Batteries'
5207: 'Never Miss Your Stop'
5214: 'Stay Connected'
5216: 'No Change?'
5217: 'No Change?'
5451: 'Stay Connected'

5452 had the 'Stay Connected' tagline too but lost this when it gained its 'BIG days out' advertisement.

Missed this post at the time, but I've updated these now.

Most of these were done in late August, with a few stragglers done in early September. I think there's only two left which need to be caught (708 and 8328) - the latter will be done by Saltmeadows Road, when it goes through the paint shop to have its cant rail updated to the black design as per more recent Versa repaints. The tagline on 648 could well change, too, as it's due to be painted tomorrow.

A handful of the fleet livery buses are still yet to receive the web URLs and relevant feature symbols.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2017 - BusLoverMum - 22 Oct 2017

(21 Oct 2017, 9:17 pm)Rapidsnap I can't see what's so special about these new destination screens design

They very clearly lay out the intermediate destinations without losing sense of the end point of the route.

I've spent long enough staring at them while waiting for those slowwwww lights at four lane ends in spenny to change! Not quite long enough to get from one end of the list to the other.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2017 - pdiddy - 22 Oct 2017

I agree with Citaro5284.... I would prefer the dest to do say the destination on the full screen and do away with the via point altogether ?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2017 - JP6004 - 22 Oct 2017

(20 Oct 2017, 10:00 pm)Citaro5326 Id say they will start repainting the following:
Saltwell Park's 8339-8346
Drifter's 5369-5376
Citylink 58's 5377-5384 
Connections 4 5357-5368
Fab fifty six 6086-6098
Cobalt clipper 6101-6117
And ventures are getting done .

Connections 4 citaros will be repainted under warranty not by GNE

Id imagine the B5Hs will be done first as they are a year older

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2017 - Rapidsnap - 22 Oct 2017

Quick questions...

How long will the Big Day Out Adverts be around for (still need to get City and Dino)?

Also where does the Sunderland Pride bus normally hide?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2017 - park5354 - 22 Oct 2017

Reducing the amount of scrolling places would be better, with short runs only showing destination eg:-

49 Winlaton via Metrocentre & Blaydon
49 Gateshead via Metrocentre & Dunston
49 Metrocentre Bus Station

X1 Newcastle via Galleries & Gateshead
X1 Easington Lane via Galleries & Houghton
X1 Washington Galleries

57 Hadrian Park via Old Durham Road, Newcastle & Battle Hill Drive
57 Wardley via Newcastle, Beacon Lough & Heworth
57 Heworth Metro
57 Newcastle via Gateshead
57 Gateshead Metro via Newcastle

21 Newcastle via Chester, Birtley & Low Fell
21 Chester le Str via Low Fell & Birtley
21 Durham via Low Fell, Birtley & Chester le Str
21 Durham then Bishop Auckland
21 Durham then Newcastle

(22 Oct 2017, 7:02 pm)Rapidsnap Quick questions...

How long will the Big Day Out Adverts be around for (still need to get City and Dino)?

Also where does the Sunderland Pride bus normally hide?

No plans to get rid of the Big Days Out branded buses in the immediate future - the campaign is to be used all year round, with a big push during all of the school holidays (so next week's school holidays will have an autumnal themed campaign, the Christmas holidays will have a winter themed campaign, etc).

The Sunderland Pride bus is the spare for the X5, and if all of the branded Mercedes Citaros are on the road, it is used on either the 9 or 35 instead.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2017 - Jordan2104 - 23 Oct 2017

(22 Oct 2017, 7:12 pm)park5354 Reducing the amount of scrolling places would be better, with short runs only showing destination eg:-

49  Winlaton via Metrocentre & Blaydon
49 Gateshead via Metrocentre & Dunston
49 Metrocentre Bus Station

X1 Newcastle via Galleries & Gateshead
X1 Easington Lane via Galleries & Houghton
X1 Washington Galleries

57 Hadrian Park via Old Durham Road, Newcastle & Battle Hill Drive
57 Wardley via Newcastle, Beacon Lough & Heworth
57 Heworth Metro
57 Newcastle via Gateshead
57 Gateshead Metro via Newcastle

21 Newcastle via Chester, Birtley & Low Fell
21 Chester le Str via Low Fell & Birtley
21 Durham via Low Fell, Birtley & Chester le Str
21 Durham then Bishop Auckland
21 Durham then Newcastle

40/41 around wallsend and hadrian park would be perfect to have short ones. 
1s could but also for the wallsend termination they could put metro on top line too

Quite a varity of buses in 900s today

Vykings, b7s,gemini 2,b9s

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2017 - V514DFT - 23 Oct 2017

(23 Oct 2017, 12:06 am)Jordan2104 40/41 around wallsend and hadrian park would be perfect to have short ones. 
1s could but also for the wallsend termination they could put metro on top line too

Quite a varity of buses in 900s today

Vykings, b7s,gemini 2,b9s

I agree with the 40/41,ive when a 41 thats started at Hadrian Park it will still show all of its via points as if it had done the full route