North East Buses
Route Visuals - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off-topic bus chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Route Visuals (/showthread.php?tid=2168)

Pages: 1 2 3

Route Visuals - S830OFT - 19 Sep 2018

Mainly in London there is a YouTube theme of bus videos from the top deck timelapsed, and recently I have noticed that theme in other areas of the UK. Being a Content Creator myself I would like some suggestions on routes to cover (mainly in the North East), I have a list but if you could suggest more that would be awesome.

Scarborough: 
13: Scarborough to Filey
109: Scarborough Shuttle 
115: Scarborough to Ravenscar
333: Scarborough to Newby
555: Scarborough to Filey
777: Scarborough to Eastfield

Redcar:
62: Middlesbrough to New Marske
64: Middlesbrough to Redcar, Ings Farm
64A: Middlesbrough to Grangetown
81: Marske to Stokesly
468: Guisbrough to Asda

Teeside: 
X8: James Cook Hospital to Stillington
X9: Middlesbrough to Newcastle 
X10 Middlesbrough to Newcastle
X12: Middlesbrough to Durham 
X66: Middlesbrough to Darlington 
X67: Middlesbrough to Darlington 

Durham: 
13: Durham to Langley Park
14: Durham to Langley Park 
15: Durham to Consett
X22: Durham to Metrocentre 
X24: Fram to Horden
43: Durham to Esh Winning
X46: Durham to Crook
48: Durham to New Brancepath
49: Durham to Brandon 
56: Durham to Bishop Auckland 
57: Durham to Kelloe
57A: Durham to Hartlepool 
64: Arnison Centre to Sherburn/High Pittington
265: Durham to Seaham

Bishop Auckland:
18: Coundon to Woodhouse Close
86: Bishop Auckland to Toft Hill
5: Bishop Auckland to Darlington 
101: Asda to Stanhope
X21: Bishop Auckland to Newcastle

Stanley:
6: Newcastle to Stanley 
M6/M7/M8: Metrocentre to Stanley 
30: Stanley to Lancaster 
X31: Newcastle to Stanley 
X32: Newcastle to Stanley

Hexham:
10: Newcastle to Hexham 
688: Hexham to Allenheads 
X84: Newcastle to Hexham 
X85: Newcastle to Newbrough

Newcastle:
Various routes, although so many routes use deckers it's pointless putting them all in.

Morpeth:
2: Morpeth to Blyth 
35: Morpeth to Ashington 
43: Morpeth to Newcastle 
X14: Newcastle to Thropton

I know more routes, however I've just put the main ones I would propose to cover. Please suggest more routes if you know.

Also, it can only be bus routes that use Double Decker vehicles, so that rules out the 63 Redcar to Middlesbrough service for example.

RE: Route Visuals - Jamie M - 19 Sep 2018

(19 Sep 2018, 3:45 pm)S830OFT Mainly in London there is a YouTube theme of bus videos from the top deck timelapsed, and recently I have noticed that theme in other areas of the UK. Being a Content Creator myself I would like some suggestions on routes to cover (mainly in the North East), I have a list but if you could suggest more that would be awesome.

Scarborough: 
13: Scarborough to Filey
109: Scarborough Shuttle 
115: Scarborough to Ravenscar
333: Scarborough to Newby
555: Scarborough to Filey
777: Scarborough to Eastfield

Redcar:
62: Middlesbrough to New Marske
64: Middlesbrough to Redcar, Ings Farm
64A: Middlesbrough to Grangetown
81: Marske to Stokesly
468: Guisbrough to Asda

Teeside: 
X8: James Cook Hospital to Stillington
X9: Middlesbrough to Newcastle 
X10 Middlesbrough to Newcastle
X12: Middlesbrough to Durham 
X66: Middlesbrough to Darlington 
X67: Middlesbrough to Darlington 

Durham: 
13: Durham to Langley Park
14: Durham to Langley Park 
15: Durham to Consett
X22: Durham to Metrocentre 
X24: Fram to Horden
43: Durham to Esh Winning
48: Durham to New Brancepath
49: Durham to Brandon 
57: Durham to Kelloe
57A: Durham to Hartlepool 
64: Arnison Centre to Sherburn/High Pittington
265: Durham to Seaham

Bishop Auckland:
18: Coundon to Woodhouse Close
86: Bishop Auckland to Toft Hill
5: Bishop Auckland to Darlington 
101: Asda to Stanhope
X21: Bishop Auckland to Newcastle

Stanley:
6: Newcastle to Stanley 
M6/M7/M8: Metrocentre to Stanley 
30: Stanley to Lancaster 
X31: Newcastle to Stanley 
X32: Newcastle to Stanley

Hexham:
10: Newcastle to Hexham 
688: Hexham to Allenheads 
X84: Newcastle to Hexham 
X85: Newcastle to Newbrough

Newcastle:
Various routes, although so many routes use deckers it's pointless putting them all in.

Morpeth:
35: Morpeth to Ashington 
43: Morpeth to Newcastle 

I know more routes, however I've just put the main ones I would propose to cover. Please suggest more routes if you know.

Also, it can only be bus routes that use Double Decker vehicles, so that rules out the 63 Redcar to Middlesbrough service for example.

You'll find most X31s and the X32 use omnicities.

Try the 47 on a Sunday. One of them (think :30 past runs off a 6 which is uniquely a decker on sundays. 10A is also a nice run out (the longer ones) and is always a decker too. X78 from Consett to Stanley is quick and nice, nobody even gets on it. Decker too since its a scholars.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RE: Route Visuals - S830OFT - 19 Sep 2018

(19 Sep 2018, 4:18 pm)Jamie M You'll find most X31s and the X32 use omnicities.

Try the 47 on a Sunday. One of them (think :30 past runs off a 6 which is uniquely a decker on sundays. 10A is also a nice run out (the longer ones) and is always a decker too. X78 from Consett to Stanley is quick and nice, nobody even gets on it. Decker too since its a scholars.

Thank You, It's a shame that most scenic routes use single deckers, the likes of the 74 to Newcastle.

(19 Sep 2018, 4:27 pm)S830OFT Thank You, It's a shame that most scenic routes use single deckers, the likes of the 74 to Newcastle.
The solos they put on the 74 are very nice, not many deckers are to that spec and are as comfy imo. Especially since I have more fingers than people who get on in a trip.

(19 Sep 2018, 4:33 pm)Jamie M The solos they put on the 74 are very nice, not many deckers are to that spec and are as comfy imo. Especially since I have more fingers than people who get on in a trip.

I was meaning it's a shame that it can't get a timelapse as it has never had decker allocated.

Route Visuals - TEN 6083 - 19 Sep 2018

https://youtu.be/cIY2FqmuatI

Route visual I made of the R3 on Great North Run Sunday, I’m planning on doing a Tynedale Express (X84/X85) when there is a decker allocated. Was gonna do one of the 10 today from Hexham but front seats were both occupied when I boarded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Route Visuals - S813 FVK - 19 Sep 2018

No scheduled weekend double deckers on the X31, but there are a small number during the week:
- 07:38 STY - NCL, 11:45 NCL - STY, 12:30 STY - NCL (bus operates PM 808)
- 19:05 NCL - STY (runs off X70/X71)

Yes it is the xx:30 47s from Newcastle (xx:28 from Blackhall Mill) that are the Toon Links, but the following are scheduled for Red Kite B9TLs (as far as I am aware):
- 10:56 BHM - NCL, 15:00 NCL - BHM, 15:58 BHM - NCL, 17:00 NCL - BHM, 17:55 BHM - NCL, 18:50 NCL - BHM

(19 Sep 2018, 4:59 pm)S813 FVK No scheduled weekend double deckers on the X31, but there are a small number during the week:
- 07:38 STY - NCL, 11:45 NCL - STY, 12:30 STY - NCL (bus operates PM 808)
- 19:05 NCL - STY (runs off X70/X71)

Yes it is the xx:30 47s from Newcastle (xx:28 from Blackhall Mill) that are the Toon Links, but the following are scheduled for Red Kite B9TLs (as far as I am aware):
- 10:56 BHM - NCL, 15:00 NCL - BHM, 15:58 BHM - NCL, 17:00 NCL - BHM, 17:55 BHM - NCL, 18:50 NCL - BHM
The deckers are all over the place on red kites, but sounds about right.

Same with double decks on X31/6, there are days when 4 have been on, days where none have been on.

Just to clarify is it just the 62/64/64A/81 from Redcar that can have a double decker allocation?

RE: Route Visuals - S813 FVK - 19 Sep 2018

(19 Sep 2018, 5:02 pm)Jamie M Same with double decks on X31/6, there are days when 4 have been on, days where none have been on.

Of course those branded Omnidekkas do nothing to help. 

With being branded, they are normally (or at least it appears to be that way) the first port of call when a branded B9TL is off (or allocated to a scholars board that doesn't run on/off X70/X71 which is also a frequent occurrence) over one of the fleet liveried B9TLs.

I'd like to think that isn't the case at all, but that is how it appears to me.

(19 Sep 2018, 5:23 pm)S813 FVK Of course those branded Omnidekkas do nothing to help. 

With being branded, they are normally (or at least it appears to be that way) the first port of call when a branded B9TL is off (or allocated to a scholars board that doesn't run on/off X70/X71 which is also a frequent occurrence) over one of the fleet liveried B9TLs.

I'd like to think that isn't the case at all, but that is how it appears to me.

Your appearance judgement is correct, often the Omnidekkas are grouped with the toonlink buses at the front at night, rather than with the spares/scholars at the back. It'll stay the same though, heard stuff about more longer omnidekkas coming to kick off their shorter counterparts. There's still 3 buses missing from somewhere for them to be displaced, we'll have to see though. They're good buses though, bit rattley but they're comfy and are only missing out on wifi. Could be a worse priority for sure.

RE: Route Visuals - S830OFT - 22 Sep 2018

So far this week I have covered the Go North East X1 between Washington and Newcastle and the 680 between Hexham, Acomb and Hexham. I might look into covering some North Tyneside routes alike the 306 etc...

For routes like the 42A (if a decker is allocated) I would spilt it into 3: North Shields to Wallsend, Wallsend to Killingworth and Killingworth to Kingston Park.

I won't do a 23 Route Visual until next month, when it is extended back to the Marina and put into Dalton Park.

RE: Route Visuals - S830OFT - 29 Sep 2018

I risked the sun and timelapsed the Whitby Open Top Bus Tour.
Here is the video:
https://youtu.be/pos0AcSXn0Y

RE: Route Visuals - S830OFT - 14 Oct 2018

With the Full Route Visual of service X1 completed today, I am looking for more routes to complete.

What I have in mind from Arriva:
Arriva Northumbria:
1: Widdrington to Blyth 
35: Morpeth to Ashington/Woodhorn
43: Newcastle to Cramlington
44: Newcastle to Dinnington
45: Newcastle to Dinnington 
46: Newcastle to Polwarth Drive
52: Newcastle to Cramlington
53: North Shields to Cramlington
54: Newcastle to Whitley Bay
55: Newcastle to Forest Hall
57: Ashington to Whitley Bay
57A: Cramlington to Whitley Bay
306: Newcastle to Whitley Bay
308: Newcastle to Blyth
X6: Cobalt to Newcastle 
X7: Blyth to Newcastle 
X8: Blyth to Newcastle
X9: Blyth to Newcastle
X10: Blyth to Newcastle
X11: Blyth to Newcastle
X15: Newcastle to Alnwick (Alnwick to Berwick would be done in another video)
X18: Newcastle to Morpeth - Morpeth to Alnwick - Alnwick to Seahouses - Seahouses to Berwick
X20: Newcastle to Ashington to Alnwick 
X21: Newcastle to Newbiggn
X22: Newcastle to Ashington 
X30: Newcastle to Blyth

Arriva North East:
6: Durham to Cockfield 
7: Durham to Darlington 
22: Durham to Sunderland 
23: Hartlepool to Sunderland 
24: Durham to Hartlepool 
57/57A: Durham to Kelloe or Durham to Hartlepool
64: Arnison Centre to High Pittington
X12: Newcastle to Durham to Middlesbrough 
X66: Darlington to Middlesbrough
X67: Darlington to Middlesbrough.

The reason behind why I have not included every service is because some routes do not use double decker vehicles, as such it would be a hard challenge creating a Timelapse.

I hope to get the routes that are proposed completed at some stage, although it is quite hard having time to do this project.

RE: Route Visuals - S830OFT - 18 Oct 2018

Route X34 South Shields now completed. 
I have now purchased new music from No Copyright Sounds to ensure the videos are as enjoyable as possible. I am hoping to get all routes under 60 minutes completed due to storage issues Routes like the X12 to Middlesbrough and 685 to Carlisle are unachievable at the moment.

Route Visuals - TEN 6083 - 19 Oct 2018

https://youtu.be/hY8ISlUXQqE

Done this route visual on Friday evening for the 101 service for Sunderland Illuminations

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

RE: Route Visuals - omnicity4659 - 20 Oct 2018

(14 Oct 2018, 8:53 pm)S830OFT 1: Widdrington to Blyth 
46: Newcastle to Polwarth Drive - DD on Sundays
55: Newcastle to Forest Hall
57: Ashington to Whitley Bay
57A: Cramlington to Whitley Bay
57/57A: Durham to Kelloe or Durham to Hartlepool
X66: Darlington to Middlesbrough
X67: Darlington to Middlesbrough.

The reason behind why I have not included every service is because some routes do not use double decker vehicles, as such it would be a hard challenge creating a Timelapse.

I hope to get the routes that are proposed completed at some stage, although it is quite hard having time to do this project.

These routes rarely have deckers on them.

RE: Route Visuals - S830OFT - 20 Oct 2018

(20 Oct 2018, 3:13 pm)omnicity4659 These routes rarely have deckers on them.

That's why it is pretty hard to do. I am hoping to get the Express Network done before starting random local services .

RE: Route Visuals - S830OFT - 24 Oct 2018

I completed a Route Visual on service 4 in York with First Bus.
Video:
https://youtu.be/z13-DkNFM0s

RE: Route Visuals - S830OFT - 11 Nov 2018

I managed to cover the Arriva Redcar 62 service and made a Tram Route Visual at Beamish Museum. I hope to cover more in the upcoming weeks, and also make a proposed route by combining two routes together with the footage.