North East Buses
National Bus & Coach Operations - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Bus Scene Elsewhere (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Bus Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: National Bus & Coach Operations (/showthread.php?tid=221)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

National Bus & Coach Operations - tyresmoke - 24 Feb 2013

News, debate and discussion on National Bus & Coach Operations.
A dedicated thread set up to primarily discuss scheduled coach operations which operate in the UK (e.g. Megabus, National Express, National Holidays, etc).

As some of you may know already... Rail Replacement coaches are currently being used between Newcastle and Darlington on the ECML on Saturday afternoons and Sunday mornings.

In use yesterday were

Abbotts - YN07LJZ
Alan Madrell - A15AVT
Colborns - B489UNB DIG2797
Compass Royston - M40CRT N30CRT P996JBC R459BAY FL02ZXF FL02ZXG DSU313 GSU230 HDZ2615 YIL1224 YIL1226
Croft - JIG3668
Durham City - N256THO FJ03AAF
Enterprise Travel - GIL2163 RJI2714
Garnetts - W229JBN YR02ZKU FJ06BSZ YN06OPY
Jim Hughes - BX06UMJ VNP893 YSV815
M&D Travel - LUI9950 RJI8609
Rowell - V501EJR W157SUP

Scott
North East Buses - www.northeastbus.co.uk
Fleet news, fleetlists and more Smile

Megabus - tyresmoke - 02 Mar 2013

A rare sighting in Newcastle today was that of Portsmouth Trident 18191 (MX54LPY) working the M34/M35 from Portsmouth-Newcastle-Rugby... photo here

I will try and get some more information on Megabus workings etc on here for those of you so may be unsure about them Smile

RE: Megabus - Malarkey - 02 Mar 2013

wouldn't mind knowing the timings of the M20 Elite i'S in Newcastle, I know one of them is 2:15pm Heading to London I believe

RE: Megabus - Kuyoyo - 03 Mar 2013

(02 Mar 2013, 11:53 pm)Adam Malarkey wouldn't mind knowing the timings of the M20 Elite i'S in Newcastle, I know one of them is 2:15pm Heading to London I believe

M20s leave Central Station on an afternoon at the following times (24 hour times):

1420 towards London
1540 towards Glasgow

Other departures from Newcastle are:

0530 M35 to Cardiff (Astromega worked)
0645 M12 to London (Astromega worked)
0840 M20 to London (Elite worked)
1120 M36 to Plymouth
1330 M34 to Portsmouth
1805 M35 to Rugby
2030 M35 to Manchester

Note that the 0530 M35 working is normally the same Astromega that worked the M12 the previous day, unless a fault develops with the example that works the M35 north the night before.

RE: Megabus - Dan - 03 Mar 2013

Back to normal allocation-wise, Trident wasn't out on the M34/5 today.

RE: Megabus - Dan - 18 Apr 2013

Introducing MegabusGold...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimbosbus/8659699591/
http://stagecoach.com/media/news-releases/2013/launch-of-sleepercoach.aspx

RE: Megabus - gtom - 18 Apr 2013

This looks very different to the service they trialled.

Seats converting to beds instead of the bunks on the trial sleeper service for one.

Looks like a broadshot at the Caledonian Sleeper

RE: Megabus - Andreos1 - 18 Apr 2013

There was even a comparison to the sleeper service too. If it was a toss up between the two - wonder who would win?

RE: Megabus - Adam - 18 Apr 2013

(18 Apr 2013, 6:50 pm)Daniel Introducing MegabusGold...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimbosbus/8659699591/
http://stagecoach.com/media/news-releases/2013/launch-of-sleepercoach.aspx

You can even get a free onesie!!!!!

RE: Megabus - Dan - 18 Apr 2013

I couldn't believe it when I read about the onesie...

RE: Megabus - gtom - 19 Apr 2013

(18 Apr 2013, 7:18 pm)Andreos1 There was even a comparison to the sleeper service too. If it was a toss up between the two - wonder who would win?

Similar journey times but Megabus will win on price I'd imagine, especially with a lot of this being targeted at students, something Stagecoach are pretty hot on.

The plane into Stansted comes up cheaper (with a hotel thrown in) a lot of the time than the Cally Sleeper

If you don't fancy the sleeper to try it out, then the coaches will run on the Aberdeen-Glasgow CityLink Gold Services during the day, but can't be guaranteed!

RE: Megabus - Andreos1 - 19 Apr 2013

(19 Apr 2013, 12:49 pm)gtomlinson
(18 Apr 2013, 7:18 pm)Andreos1 There was even a comparison to the sleeper service too. If it was a toss up between the two - wonder who would win?

Similar journey times but Megabus will win on price I'd imagine, especially with a lot of this being targeted at students, something Stagecoach are pretty hot on.

The plane into Stansted comes up cheaper (with a hotel thrown in) a lot of the time than the Cally Sleeper

If you don't fancy the sleeper to try it out, then the coaches will run on the Aberdeen-Glasgow CityLink Gold Services during the day, but can't be guaranteed!

Personally, I have always wanted to try the sleeper. They do some good deals too.
Looking at the timings of the bus from the starting points, I wonder if you would be allowed to board earlier like you can with the sleeper?

RE: Megabus - Andreos1 - 15 May 2013

A handful of Megabus coaches are/have been working rail replacement from Nottingham Station today.

RE: Megabus - Dan - 24 May 2013

Asuming I read the vehicle's registration number correctly, a small minibus type coach was in Park Lane a few minutes ago, on the layover (at Stands A-G). Its reg was T200 OCT.
I'm assuming it had something to do with Megabus on the basis that the vehicle had seats which had a Stagecoach beach ball moquette.

Nothing particularly noteworthy - just thought I'd give it a mention.

RE: Megabus - tyresmoke - 02 Jun 2013

A quick bit of googling suggests it used to be part of the Rennies fleet so that would explain the Stagecoach seats, nothing to do with Megabus.

RE: Megabus - Dan - 02 Jun 2013

(02 Jun 2013, 9:40 am)tyresmoke A quick bit of googling suggests it used to be part of the Rennies fleet so that would explain the Stagecoach seats, nothing to do with Megabus.

Still left to wonder why she was there then! I assumed she was a dupe for a service, but nevermind..!

RE: Megabus - tyresmoke - 02 Jun 2013

Last known with PJ Travel of Clydebank so probably on a private hire!?

RE: Megabus - Dan - 02 Jun 2013

(02 Jun 2013, 9:47 am)tyresmoke Last known with PJ Travel of Clydebank so probably on a private hire!?

I'd assume so! Smile
Ta for clearing that up - wish I had got a photo now.

RE: Megabus - tyresmoke - 08 Jul 2013

Quick bit of Megabus searching and I've managed to come up with this timetable for Newcastle, Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Scotch Corner...

RE: Megabus - Dan - 09 Jul 2013

(08 Jul 2013, 3:46 pm)tyresmoke Quick bit of Megabus searching and I've managed to come up with this timetable for Newcastle, Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Scotch Corner...

That's quite helpful Scott - thanks.
If I could give a word of advice on improving it, I'd say that adding a list of the workings for each run on the timetable would be good - listed by Tony in Post #3.