North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 (/showthread.php?tid=2216)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - N1cholas - 12 Apr 2019

I wonder with 672 getting painted into 2019 corperate livery will it be part of a batch to replace the 3 solos from deptford which are going to washington in may

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Dan - 12 Apr 2019

(12 Apr 2019, 4:43 pm)Malarkey Has their been any other vehicles repainted, seems to of gone quiet on the repaint front in the last 2 weeks since the former Black Cats Solo SR's were done.

Also any further B9's returned from Blackburn?

None, and no further Cobalts back yet.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Malarkey - 12 Apr 2019

(12 Apr 2019, 4:55 pm)N1cholas I wonder with 672 getting painted into 2019 corperate livery will it be part of a batch to replace the 3 solos from deptford which are going to washington in may

But it would've been easier to just fit usb's to those 3 Solos. I think with service changes upcoming that 672 has likely been earmarked as a spare due to a reduction in PVR.

(12 Apr 2019, 4:59 pm)Dan None, and no further Cobalts back yet.

All the painters on annual leave or something.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - N1cholas - 12 Apr 2019

(12 Apr 2019, 5:00 pm)Malarkey But it would've been easier to just fit usb's to those 3 Solos. I think with service changes upcoming that 672 has likely been earmarked as a spare due to a reduction in PVR.

it would have been easier to do that but why add usb's to a spare bus when the other indigo's at percy main dont have them, i have a feeling deptford may need more than 3 replacements

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Malarkey - 12 Apr 2019

(12 Apr 2019, 5:08 pm)N1cholas it would have been easier to do that but why add usb's to a spare bus when the other indigo's at percy main dont have them, i have a feeling deptford may need more than 3 replacements

Unless all of the Solo SR's are have them fitted at some point.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Coppercap40 - 13 Apr 2019

Am at heworth for the metro replacement, but a lot of 900 setvices are not using stand R and are leaving from A,D, or C, surely the drivers sbould know which stand they are supposed to use

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - GuyParkRoyal - 13 Apr 2019

(13 Apr 2019, 2:08 pm)Coppercap40 Am at heworth for the metro replacement, but a lot of 900 setvices are not using stand R and are leaving from A,D, or C, surely the drivers sbould know which stand they are supposed to use

Similar issue at Central Station while the majority of drivers are using Bewick Street, I have seen passengers getting off a bus at the Quaylink stop in the front of the rail station and others getting off at the stop on Clayton Street West.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Dan - 13 Apr 2019

(13 Apr 2019, 3:50 pm)GuyParkRoyal Similar issue at Central Station while the majority of drivers are using Bewick Street, I have seen passengers getting off a bus at the Quaylink stop in the front of the rail station and others getting off at the stop on Clayton Street West.
All drivers have access to pace notes supplied by Metro (which are sometimes incorrect!)

The correct stopping details are in the ticket machine which every driver can see.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Dan - 13 Apr 2019

(13 Apr 2019, 3:50 pm)GuyParkRoyal Similar issue at Central Station while the majority of drivers are using Bewick Street, I have seen passengers getting off a bus at the Quaylink stop in the front of the rail station and others getting off at the stop on Clayton Street West.
All drivers have access to pace notes supplied by Metro (which are sometimes incorrect!)

The correct stopping details are in the ticket machine which every driver can see.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - OrangeArrow49 - 13 Apr 2019

When is The Loop getting new buses? Are the 49 and Blue Arrows/Green Arrow brands getting axed?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Jordan2104 - 13 Apr 2019

Stand at heworth is usually C i believe towards jarrow. Wonder why it changed to R

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Jamie M - 14 Apr 2019

(13 Apr 2019, 3:56 pm)Dan All drivers have access to pace notes supplied by Metro (which are sometimes incorrect!)

Ticket machine showed C or D.
Message clarified afterwards though.

Huge mix up was between hebburn and jarrow. Metro was running to hebburn, nexus people saying turn around at hebburn, and we were running to schedule. Somebody somewhere got confused haha.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - 8222 - 14 Apr 2019

It was all a huge joke. I landed back from NYC yesterday into Newcastle via Heathrow. Monument had someone downstairs telling us to go upstairs. I asked where the replacement was going from, I was referred to a colleague upstairs who was not even there.

I managed to find the replacement on Market Street. Get to Brockley Whins and the Metro just pulls out as our replacement gets in. No one on the platforms. Newcastle-bound platform showing 'South Hilton' on the departures board. Train comes in - we all get told to get off and get on on the opposite platform.

Absolute shambles last night. Not GNE's fault but Nexus were appalling. 

(14 Apr 2019, 12:06 am)Jamie M Ticket machine showed C or D.
Message clarified afterwards though.

Huge mix up was between hebburn and jarrow. Metro was running to hebburn, nexus people saying turn around at hebburn, and we were running to schedule. Somebody somewhere got confused haha.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - GNE6312 - 14 Apr 2019

(14 Apr 2019, 12:16 pm)8222 It was all a huge joke. I landed back from NYC yesterday into Newcastle via Heathrow. Monument had someone downstairs telling us to go upstairs. I asked where the replacement was going from, I was referred to a colleague upstairs who was not even there.

I managed to find the replacement on Market Street. Get to Brockley Whins and the Metro just pulls out as our replacement gets in. No one on the platforms. Newcastle-bound platform showing 'South Hilton' on the departures board. Train comes in - we all get told to get off and get on on the opposite platform.

Absolute shambles last night. Not GNE's fault but Nexus were appalling. 

It was chaos yesterday. And agreeably it was all tge fault of nexus too in newcastle one  of the metro staff was abseloutely rude to everyone. There was 2 901s at once so someone tried to get on the front bus and she shouted if you are going to brockley whins and sunderland get the bus at rhe back loudly and in a rude tone of voice and she packed most of a large croud on 6922 despite 3983 also doing the same route instead of evening the crowd out on both buses. She also nearly knocked the doors off their hinges on 6936 vy banging a clipboard off one of them verry hard getting it to stop. She was verry disliked as I heard a passanger saying 'the metro staff were useles'

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Michael - 15 Apr 2019

Does anyone know where the red zone boundary ends near Penshaw?

Is it after or before?
I can't find anything on exactly where it ends, the map of the zones is useless.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - N1cholas - 15 Apr 2019

.png
redbuzz.png
Size 266.68 KB / Downloads 15
(15 Apr 2019, 4:33 pm)Michael Does anyone know where the red zone boundary ends near Penshaw?

Is it after or before?
I can't find anything on exactly where it ends, the map of the zones is useless.

Something along these lines ish
.png
redbuzz.png
Size 266.68 KB / Downloads 15

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - LVK 404L - 15 Apr 2019

(15 Apr 2019, 4:33 pm)Michael Does anyone know where the red zone boundary ends near Penshaw?

Is it after or before?

It's the Sunderland side of the A19. 

A19 is the boundary usually

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Michael - 15 Apr 2019

Thanks, i'll have a proper check when i get home because i've been giving 2 different replies.

Edit:

Checked the app and it says Penshaw is included in the Red Zone.

Not sure why the website doesn't tell you that, it should really.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - N1cholas - 15 Apr 2019

(15 Apr 2019, 4:55 pm)ifm001 It's the Sunderland side of the A19. 

A19 is the boundary usually

not the red zone it is valid upto east rainton, houghton shiney row e.t.c, the sunderland saver boundry is the A19

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - LVK 404L - 15 Apr 2019

(15 Apr 2019, 4:59 pm)N1cholas not the red zone it is valid upto east rainton, houghton shiney row e.t.c, the sunderland saver boundry is the A19

That's good then. 

I can't even go Boldon to Heworth on mine. A journey of 8 minutes.