North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 (/showthread.php?tid=2216)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - Malarkey - 16 Apr 2019

(16 Apr 2019, 10:04 pm)V514DFT Unless the Indigo North Tyne brand is being scrapped?

That would mean repainting 14 Solo SR's which currently carry the branding and judging by recent repaints for the Solo SR's at Deptford I don't see GNE dropping Indigo as a brand anytime soon.

Any Indigo Solo SR's which are getting repainted are likely due to impending PVR reductions as a result of service changes on the 40/41 & 42 and reallocation elsewhere in the fleet.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - Tom - 16 Apr 2019

(16 Apr 2019, 10:12 pm)Malarkey That would mean repainting 14 Solo SR's which currently carry the branding and judging by recent repaints for the Solo SR's at Deptford I don't see GNE dropping Indigo as a brand anytime soon.

Any Indigo Solo SR's which are getting repainted are likely due to impending PVR reductions as a result of service changes on the 40/41 & 42 and reallocation elsewhere in the fleet.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see Solos on the 11, not exactly the busiest between Wallsend and Whitley Bay.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - JM03 - 17 Apr 2019

(16 Apr 2019, 9:58 pm)Malarkey The X5 needs a full sized single decker with the amount of passengers using the service between Sunderland, Doxford International and Peterlee as I know from working up Doxy in the past it is busy in both directions throughout the day, I can't see it using Solo SR's.

I think depending on what's on order double decker wise and which services are inline for an upgrade we will see the Red Kite/Prince Bishops go to full double decker operation with the Streetlites going on the likes of the X30 at Stanley and the 6's at Riverside for example with the Omnicities moving into a spare capacity replacing the Solars.

The Solo SR's have to be moving on to a service where they'd be fit for purpose to have wifi, usb and nsa's to which I think the 19 at Percy Main would be a good shout.
Large 19 vehicles run off scholars, they are needed less they upgrade some scholars to double deckers. 442,660 and 680 all run onto 19

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - NewcastleOne - 17 Apr 2019

(17 Apr 2019, 12:00 am)JM03 Large 19 vehicles run off scholars, they are needed less they upgrade some scholars to double deckers. 442,660 and 680 all run onto 19

There was something a while ago that said that the 19 was going to be 3 Eclipses And 2 Solos which means the scholars will be probs opt by the 3 Eclipses or possibly the odd solo
Edit-4981/2 will go Spare after being replaced so they might stay at PM for those possibly

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - Andreos1 - 17 Apr 2019

(16 Apr 2019, 8:09 am)Tyne_Traveller Certainly the way the boundaries are coloured can cause confusion. Take for example the orange zone encompassing Ashington/Blyth and Alston and Allenheads. On the face of it that may not sound too bad as there are no direct buses without having to change and travel via 2 other zones. However, as I witnessed last week, a couple with Blue and Orange attempted to travel to Corbridge without the intermediate zone (cherry) The driver politely explained they required a 3 zone plus and showed the couple a map when they became argumentative. On the south side of the Tyne Valley the cherry zone will only take you 5 miles from Stanley Burn to Stocksfield Rail station, but an orange zone will cover you from there to Hexham and onwards to Alston/Allenheads/Bellingham/Haltwhisitle and Birdsoswald. Maybe the West Northumberland and Cumbria zone needs a look at with a different colour.

Compare that to the 4, which travels a short distance within the green zone and drivers don't bat an eyelid if you travel with say a red zone ticket.

I've never boarded within the green zone, so can't comment on the approach from that side of things.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - RBZ 5459 - 17 Apr 2019

(16 Apr 2019, 10:04 pm)V514DFT Unless the Indigo North Tyne brand is being scrapped?

The brand name isn't as far as I know.... an indiGo downgrade here, but an indiGo upgrade there.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - Tom - 17 Apr 2019

(17 Apr 2019, 8:10 am)RBZ 5459 The brand name isn't as far as I know.... an indiGo downgrade here, but an indiGo upgrade there.

Ah so I’m guessing the 40/41 May be getting the older Solos from Washington?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - Jordan2104 - 17 Apr 2019

(16 Apr 2019, 10:51 pm)Tom I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see Solos on the 11, not exactly the busiest between Wallsend and Whitley Bay.

SOmetimes of the day tou need a full size single decker on this route. Espicially the 7.50 from wallsend to whitley bay as it often gets 3 schools worth of kids

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - JP6004 - 17 Apr 2019

(17 Apr 2019, 8:00 am)Andreos1 Compare that to the 4, which travels a short distance within the green zone and drivers don't bat an eyelid if you travel with say a red zone ticket.

I've never boarded within the green zone, so can't comment on the approach from that side of things.

Actually the red zone covers all of the route after openshaw bank top. The network one ticket technically shouldnt be used as outside the nexus area (county durham) however they are generally accepted as it come back into a nexus area. I believe it's only a few stops in Burnmoor

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - Dan - 17 Apr 2019

(17 Apr 2019, 8:10 am)RBZ 5459 The brand name isn't as far as I know.... an indiGo downgrade here, but an indiGo upgrade there.

Interesting - I suppose the burning question therefore is which indiGo services are being upgraded, and which ones are being downgraded?

If the North Tyneside examples are currently being fitted with USB sockets, it's an upgrade above the current high-spec indiGo.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - RBZ 5459 - 17 Apr 2019

(17 Apr 2019, 3:21 pm)Dan Interesting - I suppose the burning question therefore is which indiGo services are being upgraded, and which ones are being downgraded?

If the North Tyneside examples are currently being fitted with USB sockets, it's an upgrade above the current high-spec indiGo.

Rather than spec, I was thinking age of vehicle on that one. So 701 to 709 to Percy Main, with some of Percy Main's indiGos - 'newest' fleet number wise getting the USB and repaint treatment - going the other way. So for the 85/86 at Washington, Percy Main 40/41. *Scratches head on 40/41 PVR....*

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - Andreos1 - 17 Apr 2019

(17 Apr 2019, 10:22 am)JP6004 Actually the red zone covers all of the route after openshaw bank top. The network one ticket technically shouldnt be used as outside the nexus area (county durham) however they are generally accepted as it come back into a nexus area. I believe it's only a few stops in Burnmoor

It was clarified that Boundary Houses was the red zone border the other day. 
The section beyond there to Bournmoor/Woodstone Village is within the green zone. Beyond there, the 4 goes back in to the red zone.

I often used a T&W ticket (it was much better value than the Day Rover at the time) on the 21A, despite it heading in and out of Co Durham. 
Unfortunately both the ticket and service were culled.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - OrangeArrow49 - 17 Apr 2019

I can now confirm the afternoon Go North East 792 does stop, and has quite good passenger numbers (I don't know how many are workers though). I hope to ride the 792 soon. 5238 was operating the service yesterday, is 5238 always the allocated bus?

(17 Apr 2019, 4:49 pm)Andreos1 It was clarified that Boundary Houses was the red zone border the other day. 
The section beyond there to Bournmoor/Woodstone Village is within the green zone. Beyond there, the 4 goes back in to the red zone.

I often used a T&W ticket (it was much better value than the Day Rover at the time) on the 21A, despite it heading in and out of Co Durham. 
Unfortunately both the ticket and service were culled.

As far as I'm aware the 4 has never been included in the green zone. The route map on GNE website states red zone after penshaw bank top. Yes it goes to green zone as soon as you turn off to woodstone village (the zone change for the 36/78) but not going through burnmoor and fencehouses.

Perhaps people are getting confused as the T&W area ends at boundary house and restarts at the fencehouses rail crossing (hence the lack of nexus bus stop timetables) GNE allow network one tickets to travel through county Durham on this part of the route without paying extra

(17 Apr 2019, 5:17 pm)JP6004 As far as I'm aware the 4 has never been included in the green zone. The route map on GNE website states red zone after penshaw bank top. Yes it goes to green zone as soon as you turn off to woodstone village (the zone change for the 36/78) but not going through burnmoor and fencehouses.

Perhaps people are getting confused as the T&W area ends at boundary house and restarts at the fencehouses rail crossing (hence the lack of nexus bus stop timetables) GNE allow network one tickets to travel through county Durham on this part of the route without paying extra

Assuming this map is 100% accurate, it shows the boundary changes on the bend at Bournmoor cricket club and again just before the Floaters Mill.

(17 Apr 2019, 5:33 pm)Andreos1 Assuming this map is 100% accurate, it shows the boundary changes on the bend at Bournmoor cricket club and again just before the Floaters Mill.

So the line cuts the corner of St Barnabas church, the boundary for the green zone shows the stop beside cricket club and rose crescent within red zone. Yes seems like this could of been better drawn but both stops appear to be in red with none in the green, therefore all stopping points in red zone

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - Dan - 17 Apr 2019

(17 Apr 2019, 5:47 pm)JP6004 So the line cuts the corner of St Barnabas church, the boundary for the green zone shows the stop beside cricket club and rose crescent within red zone. Yes seems like this could of been better drawn but both stops appear to be in red with none in the green, therefore all stopping points in red zone

The 4 is:
  • Houghton-le-Spring Church to Penshaw Bank Top - red
  • Penshaw Bank Top to Heworth - purple
The 78 goes into the green at the first stop after it turns right to go towards Lumley, rather than after the mini roundabout as seems to be indicated on the app's map.

(17 Apr 2019, 5:47 pm)JP6004 So the line cuts the corner of St Barnabas church, the boundary for the green zone shows the stop beside cricket club and rose crescent within red zone. Yes seems like this could of been better drawn but both stops appear to be in red with none in the green, therefore all stopping points in red zone

.jpg
Screenshot_20190417-195409.jpg
Size 1.02 MB / Downloads 19

There's these two in the green zone 
There's also a scholar's only stop outside the church hall.

(17 Apr 2019, 5:57 pm)Dan The 4 is;

Houghton-le-Spring Church to Penshaw Bank Top - red
Penshaw Bank Top to Heworth - purple

Thanks for clarifying Dan  Big Grin

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - Malarkey - 17 Apr 2019

(17 Apr 2019, 3:21 pm)Dan Interesting - I suppose the burning question therefore is which indiGo services are being upgraded, and which ones are being downgraded?

I could see a frequency increase on the 81/82/83 & 84 between Concord and Harraton to every 12 minutes with an interworking on the short boards at Concord with the 85/86.

The current 82/84 board would remain as it is between Birtley and Heworth.

Elsewhere in the Indigo Network I could see the upgraded spec of usb's on the 206/208 and 265 with them all going into Durham.

North Tyne I will stick with my theory of the 19 getting Solo SR's.