North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2019 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2019 (/showthread.php?tid=2236)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - OrangeArrow49 - 18 Feb 2019

When is the 74 next going to be up for tender? Is GNE keeping this service for a while?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - ne14ne1 - 19 Feb 2019

Has nightbus fab56 8085 preciously had modifications as part of the funding NCC/NTS/GMB councils won to clean up buses? Just it sounds quite whistley. Sounds almost hybrid like although I realise it’s not.

Also it’s audio /visual announcements still aren’t working which I mentioned to GNE last month. Wonder what’s up with them.

I may as well use up my full questions quota for today and also ask, will the refurbished Cobalt Clippers return to service with Emma Hignetts voice and self updating destinations to change to ‘Haymarket’ once they reach the East Coast Mainline Bridge on the Coast rd for example and cross into the city border?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Dan - 19 Feb 2019

(19 Feb 2019, 8:55 am)ne14ne1 Has nightbus fab56 8085 preciously had modifications as part of the funding NCC/NTS/GMB councils won to clean up buses? Just it sounds quite whistley. Sounds almost hybrid like although I realise it’s not.

Also it’s audio /visual announcements still aren’t working which I mentioned to GNE last month. Wonder what’s up with them.

I may as well use up my full questions quota for today and also ask, will the refurbished Cobalt Clippers return to service with Emma Hignetts voice and self updating destinations to change to ‘Haymarket’ once they reach the East Coast Mainline Bridge on the Coast rd for example and cross into the city border?

It had a GKN Flywheel system fitted - but this was removed in May 2016 following an unsuccessful trial. Shouldn't have any impact on what the bus performs like now.

The news of the announcements not working hadn't filtered through to me on this occasion, but thanks, noted. There's quite a few of the old systems not working at the moment but work will commence on repairing these when the Cobalt Clippers return to service (as the old units are being replaced for new units as part of the refurbishment, giving us the old units to play with for repairs to the others in the fleet).

And yes, as the Cobalt Clippers are having the new systems fitted, it'll be 'Emma-fied'. The new units are the ones capable of changing the destinations, so yes to that one too.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Swiny1 - 19 Feb 2019

(18 Feb 2019, 9:45 pm)Gonorth91 I think bus drivers want to leave on the appropriate time I was standing at South Shields bus station waiting for the 50 it was due 17.24 went past without stopping it was 17.18 hadto wait nearly 25 mins for the crap 5
I would very much doubt it. Probably the one in front as 6 minutes early is a lot and would be picked up by control ( normally). I know there have been a couple of sets of 4 way traffic lights causing a bit of bother lately. But the fact you did not see your bus at all is strange like

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - ne14ne1 - 19 Feb 2019

(19 Feb 2019, 9:08 am)Dan It had a GKN Flywheel system fitted - but this was removed in May 2016 following an unsuccessful trial. Shouldn't have any impact on what the bus performs like now.

The news of the announcements not working hadn't filtered through to me on this occasion, but thanks, noted. There's quite a few of the old systems not working at the moment but work will commence on repairing these when the Cobalt Clippers return to service (as the old units are being replaced for new units as part of the refurbishment, giving us the old units to play with for repairs to the others in the fleet).

And yes, as the Cobalt Clippers are having the new systems fitted, it'll be 'Emma-fied'. The new units are the ones capable of changing the destinations, so yes to that one too.

Ah okay, cool. Thanks for the info, Dan.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - JM03 - 19 Feb 2019

What is happening with the cobalt clippers with their refurb, what are they getting done?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Gonorth91 - 19 Feb 2019

No one did wasnt looking when time got closer i always look but he shudnt of went strsight past

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Andreos1 - 20 Feb 2019

Appreciate it isn't latest news, but with the 'bus incidents' thread vanishing, this is probably the most relevant thread.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-percy-street-bus-dashcam-15846860

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Rapidsnap - 20 Feb 2019

Noted at Saltmeadows are EYMS ADL E400 A17EYC, Volvo B7RLE / MCV YX14HDZ and one of the open toppers.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - NewcastleOne - 20 Feb 2019

(20 Feb 2019, 12:24 pm)Rapidsnap Noted at Saltmeadows are EYMS ADL E400 A17EYC, Volvo B7RLE / MCV YX14HDZ and one of the open toppers.
Repaints most likely.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - GNE6312 - 20 Feb 2019

626 is back at riverside tracked on the 33

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - GuyParkRoyal - 20 Feb 2019

Will there be any change to the allocated vehicles on the Crusader routes next week while diversions are in place at Hebburn . The reason for the questions is the last time a similar diversion was in place the Citaro's were replaced with Versa's for the duration of the diversion.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Malarkey - 20 Feb 2019

https://www.route-one.net/articles/Charity/North_East_bus_firms_show_support_to_hospice

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - L469 YVK - 20 Feb 2019

Will the Cobalt Clippers have a dedicated spare after the changes on the 24th March?

My predictions are below:
- 2x ex London B9TLs transferred from Stanley to Percy Main & Deptford leaving the Fab 56 & 309/310 with 2x spares for each route (1x high spec & 1x normal spec).

OR

- 6084 released from Riverside to Deptford to maintain common fleet numbers leaving the TVT & X9/X10 with 3x spares covering a PVR of 23. 6084 & 6099 remain at Deptford with 6100 transferred to Percy Main as spare for the 309/310.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Rapidsnap - 21 Feb 2019

Question. Why are the EYMS vehicles going to Saltmeadows for a repaint, wouldn't it be cheaper for EYMS to do it at Anlaby Road depot especially on the fuel costs.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - S813 FVK - 21 Feb 2019

654 looks to have had its indiGo branding updated.

Didn’t get a chance to see what the text said but I did note a Cobalt logo on the side windows.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Michael - 21 Feb 2019

(20 Feb 2019, 10:24 pm)L469 YVK Will the Cobalt Clippers have a dedicated spare after the changes on the 24th March?

My predictions are below:
- 2x ex London B9TLs transferred from Stanley to Percy Main & Deptford leaving the Fab 56 & 309/310 with 2x spares for each route (1x high spec & 1x normal spec).

OR

- 6084 released from Riverside to Deptford to maintain common fleet numbers leaving the TVT & X9/X10 with 3x spares covering a PVR of 23. 6084 & 6099 remain at Deptford with 6100 transferred to Percy Main as spare for the 309/310.

More likely to be Omnidekka's, as the spare bus(es).

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - GNE6312 - 21 Feb 2019

When does the display change to Eldon square on the blaydon racer's?. Scotswood bridge?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Jamie M - 21 Feb 2019

(21 Feb 2019, 9:53 pm)GNE6312
When does the display change to Eldon square on the blaydon racer's?. Scotswood bridge?
Newcastle college

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - ne14ne1 - 22 Feb 2019

(21 Feb 2019, 9:53 pm)Jamie M Newcastle college

Really? Surely it’d make more sense for it to change as in comes over the Scotswood Bridge and into the City of Newcastle. It would be more useful for passengers at stops from there onwards to see ‘Eldon Square’ as they’re already in Newcastle.