North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2019 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2019 (/showthread.php?tid=2236)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - GNE6312 - 22 Feb 2019

(21 Feb 2019, 9:53 pm)Jamie M Newcastle college

Thank you for the info.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Michael - 22 Feb 2019

Some photo's of the new Consett Depot, photos by Gary Edmundson

https://twitter.com/garyedm/status/1097877605351677952

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Andreos1 - 22 Feb 2019

(22 Feb 2019, 5:53 am)ne14ne1 Really? Surely it’d make more sense for it to change as in comes over the Scotswood Bridge and into the City of Newcastle. It would be more useful for passengers at stops from there onwards to see ‘Eldon Square’ as they’re already in Newcastle.

And the chances of any passengers boarding at the handful of stops between the college and Eldon Square, is slim to nil.
Totally agree that it needs to display Eldon Square before the college mind.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Jamie M - 22 Feb 2019

(22 Feb 2019, 3:57 pm)Andreos1 And the chances of any passengers boarding at the handful of stops between the college and Eldon Square, is slim to nil.
Totally agree that it needs to display Eldon Square before the college mind.
I find the announcements are a bit iffy on the 12s. Some of the locations are a bit off in all, but I think it's generally good. After spending a week of doing shifts revolving around 12s, I definitely have changed my opinion on the essay that gets read out before approaching the final stop. Hearing it once or twice is ok, hearing it 7 times or so a day, gets a bit repetitive

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - streetdeckfan - 22 Feb 2019

(22 Feb 2019, 4:10 pm)Jamie M I find the announcements are a bit iffy on the 12s. Some of the locations are a bit off in all, but I think it's generally good. After spending a week of doing shifts revolving around 12s, I definitely have changed my opinion on the essay that gets read out before approaching the final stop. Hearing it once or twice is ok, hearing it 7 times or so a day, gets a bit repetitive
I wonder what the drivers of the X9/X10 think of the announcements, I lost count of the amount of times I was told to download the app, or connect to the WiFi

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - JM03 - 22 Feb 2019

6315 just broke down just after gateshead interchange on X21 just now

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Dan - 22 Feb 2019

(22 Feb 2019, 4:13 pm)streetdeckfan I wonder what the drivers of the X9/X10 think of the announcements, I lost count of the amount of times I was told to download the app, or connect to the WiFi
Can barely hear 'em on the X10s. Some drivers have even asked for them to be turned up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - ne14ne1 - 22 Feb 2019

(22 Feb 2019, 6:26 pm)Dan Can barely hear 'em on the X10s. Some drivers have even asked for them to be turned up.

Dan what do you think of the comments re the Blaydon Racer 12's destinations changing to 'Eldon Square' on the Scotswood Bridge? Likewise will the refurbished Cobalt Clipper's destinations change to 'Haymarket' before arriving at the Benfield Road slip road?

(Having said that most of the Cobalt Clippers may as well terminate at St Marys Place - they seem to arrive and sit there for ages. Upon a morning I see drivers checking everyones off, turning the engine off, shutting the doors and wandering along to Greggs lol).

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Dan - 22 Feb 2019

(22 Feb 2019, 6:43 pm)ne14ne1 Dan what do you think of the comments re the Blaydon Racer 12's destinations changing to 'Eldon Square' on the Scotswood Bridge? Likewise will the refurbished Cobalt Clipper's destinations change to 'Haymarket' before arriving at the Benfield Road slip road?

(Having said that most of the Cobalt Clippers may as well terminate at St Marys Place - they seem to arrive and sit there for ages. Upon a morning I see drivers checking everyones off, turning the engine off, shutting the doors and wandering along to Greggs lol).
Yeah, probably got a point. I think it was intended to change at the business park rather than the college. Worth having a look into, anyway.

I'd already confirmed the Cobalt Clipper auto-change of destination when you asked last time! ;-)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Michael - 22 Feb 2019

(22 Feb 2019, 7:11 pm)Dan Yeah, probably got a point. I think it was intended to change at the business park rather than the college. Worth having a look into, anyway.

I'd already confirmed the Cobalt Clipper auto-change of destination when you asked last time! ;-)

When will the first Cobalt Clipper B9 arrive back from refurbishment?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - ne14ne1 - 22 Feb 2019

(22 Feb 2019, 7:11 pm)Dan Yeah, probably got a point. I think it was intended to change at the business park rather than the college. Worth having a look into, anyway.

Yeah, this time I was more checking the location of the destination auto-changing!   ;-p

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - LVK 404L - 22 Feb 2019

(22 Feb 2019, 6:26 pm)Dan Can barely hear 'em on the X10s. Some drivers have even asked for them to be turned up.

Must dmit I don't mind them on the x9 and X10. But on a daily basis the Stockton Market announcement grinds on you. And Billingham. Is that announcement sponsored by Asda. Arriving at Billingham. Please alight here for Asda (but disregard the remaining dozen or so shops that surround Asda, Always makes me smile.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - streetdeckfan - 22 Feb 2019

(22 Feb 2019, 7:38 pm)ifm001 Must dmit I don't mind them on the x9 and X10. But on a daily basis the Stockton Market announcement grinds on you. And Billingham. Is that announcement sponsored by Asda. Arriving at Billingham. Please alight here for Asda (but disregard the remaining dozen or so shops that surround Asda, Always makes me smile.
As a passenger, the ones that annoy me the most are on the X21, especially during rush hour. Hearing "This is the Castles Express X21 Service to Bishop Auckland" every couple of minutes for over an hour!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - LeeCalder - 22 Feb 2019

(22 Feb 2019, 7:50 pm)streetdeckfan As a passenger, the ones that annoy me the most are on the X21, especially during rush hour. Hearing "This is the Castles Express X21 Service to Bishop Auckland" every couple of minutes for over an hour!

I have to agree with that.

I totally understand why they clarify which service it is, but hearing it as often as it is played gets very annoying after a while.

(22 Feb 2019, 8:34 pm)LeeCalder I have to agree with that.

I totally understand why they clarify which service it is, but hearing it as often as it is played gets very annoying after a while.
I think the problem is it's played whenever the doors are closed (at least I think that's still how it works) so if the driver closes the door and then opens it again to let someone else on, it repeats the announcement

I completely understand the bus number and destination should be announced upon departure from each stop, but I still think it should be shortened on all stopping services as it does get very repetitive after a couple of stops in short succession.
E.g. instead of hearing this every 2 minutes: "This is the Citylink 57 service, to Hadrian Park" they should be shortened to simply: "57, to, Hadrian Park" just like London's iBus system (which never annoys me).

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Michael - 23 Feb 2019

When will the 3 Solo's for Durham Cathedral be branded?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Michael - 23 Feb 2019

This months buses magazine seems to of confirmed the 9 electric buses are going on the Quaylink... only the Q3 has a 9 PVR and doesn't serve Gateshead so its either a mistake or they've ordered 4 separate electric buses to make up the PVR for the Q1/Q2 or they'll have a mixed allocation...

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - S813 FVK - 23 Feb 2019

I sense they might have read too much into the use of a Quaylink bus in Go North East's own press release.

(23 Feb 2019, 9:51 am)S813 FVK I sense they might have read too much into the use of a Quaylink bus in Go North East's own press release.

Maybe, or was that a hint from Go North East themselves?  Tongue Tongue