North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2019 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2019 (/showthread.php?tid=2236)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - S813 FVK - 13 Feb 2019

5390 has now gained the promotional livery for 'Poetry in Motion'

[Image: 47031265392_2d94835130.jpg]Go North East 5390 / NL63 YAY by kieron mathews, on Flickr

There is a slight typo on it though. It is buspoems.com not .co.uk.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Stanleyone - 13 Feb 2019

(13 Feb 2019, 7:30 pm)S813 FVK 5390 has now gained the promotional livery for 'Poetry in Motion'

[Image: 47031265392_2d94835130.jpg]Go North East 5390 / NL63 YAY by kieron mathews, on Flickr

There is a slight typo on it though. It is buspoems.com not .co.uk.

Do wonder if 6143 will remain in its current livery?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - S830OFT - 13 Feb 2019

When will Go North East receive 9080?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Rapidsnap - 14 Feb 2019

How long is 9079 expected to be around for?

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - TEN 6083 - 14 Feb 2019

(14 Feb 2019, 1:03 am)Rapidsnap How long is 9079 expected to be around for?

Dan said on post #421 on Monday this week it’ll be allocated to service 4 for 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Jordan2104 - 14 Feb 2019

Seen 3965 few times over past few weeks with brake lights stuck on. Have reported to gne but it still on road

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - TEN 6083 - 14 Feb 2019

[Image: 32153561777_d0e53dfbe4_c.jpg]Go North East AD122 Hadrian’s Wall 636 / NK61 FMD by kieron mathews, on Flickr

636 is back at Hexham

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Michael - 14 Feb 2019

Surprised the new coaches don't have WIFI.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Dan - 14 Feb 2019

(14 Feb 2019, 7:42 pm)Michael Surprised the new coaches don't have WIFI.
National Express spec.

They offer Wi-Fi of sorts but it's not as good as Go North East's own buses.

Their main offering is VUER:
https://www.nationalexpress.com/en/vuer

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - streetdeckfan - 14 Feb 2019

(14 Feb 2019, 7:45 pm)Dan National Express spec.

To be honest, I've never found Go North East's WiFi to be that good, and that assumes it even works.
Especially on the longer services 100mb a day just doesn't cut it, I only use it as a backup for when my mobile data isn't working (like today, in fact I'm typing this on WiFi)
I get that 100mb per passenger per day quickly adds up, but I feel like it's only added to the bus just to say they have it

To be fair though, I think Arriva's daily limit is 70mb so it could be worse

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Michael - 14 Feb 2019

(14 Feb 2019, 7:45 pm)Dan National Express spec.

Ah ok, thanks

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - GNE6312 - 14 Feb 2019

Do GNE have Sunday's metro replacements

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Dan - 14 Feb 2019

(14 Feb 2019, 8:25 pm)GNE6312 Do GNE have Sunday's metro replacements
Yes0

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - citaro5284 - 14 Feb 2019

(14 Feb 2019, 7:51 pm)streetdeckfan To be honest, I've never found Go North East's WiFi to be that good, and that assumes it even works.
Especially on the longer services 100mb a day just doesn't cut it, I only use it as a backup for when my mobile data isn't working (like today, in fact I'm typing this on WiFi)
I get that 100mb per passenger per day quickly adds up, but I feel like it's only added to the bus just to say they have it

GNE are using around 8 Terabytes a month on passenger wifi, so it is working that is for sure.

100mb a day limit, if you travel for 5 days a week, that is around 2GB worth of data that someone is getting on top of their plan with the mobile provider.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Jamie M - 14 Feb 2019

(14 Feb 2019, 8:32 pm)citaro5284 GNE are using around 8 Terabytes a month on passenger wifi, so it is working that is for sure.

100mb a day limit, if you travel for 5 days a week, that is around 2GB worth of data that someone is getting on top of their plan with the mobile provider.
Getting a bit astray here, but the issue is normally when phones connect to wifi, background data processes normally drastically increase for updates and whatever else our devices do. So there's less time to actually use the your phone before reaching the cap, than if the device is being rather more conservative on mobile data.

I've used all the data within a matter of minutes by just browsing facebook. All the things start auto playing as well, which doesn't help. It would be nice if devices could recognise transport wifi as a separate entity and act a lot more conservatively. Those big bad evil multi million corporations want us to be using mobile data though, so that'll never happen!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Andreos1 - 14 Feb 2019

(14 Feb 2019, 7:51 pm)streetdeckfan To be honest, I've never found Go North East's WiFi to be that good, and that assumes it even works.

I gave up on it years ago after the shambles there was when it launched.
It worked; it didn't work; buses advertised it - but wouldn't connect; messages to say the limit was reached within seconds of logging on to fb... 
Wouldn't be surprised if the majority of those who use it are kids who have ran out of data and are Snapchatting their mates sat just a few foot on the other side of the bus.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Malarkey - 14 Feb 2019

(14 Feb 2019, 9:11 pm)Andreos1 I gave up on it years ago after the shambles there was when it launched.
It worked; it didn't work; buses advertised it - but wouldn't connect; messages to say the limit was reached within seconds of logging on to fb... 
Wouldn't be surprised if the majority of those who use it are kids who have ran out of data and are Snapchatting their mates sat just a few foot on the other side of the bus.

Also when connected it disconnects you when another vehicle with a wifi connection passes by.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - Jamie M - 14 Feb 2019

(14 Feb 2019, 9:11 pm)Andreos1 I gave up on it years ago after the shambles there was when it launched.
Snapchat's purpose is to communicate nonsense. That's the joy.

I'm more confused by the scholar's who like to all be streaming memes off youtube for 45 minutes every morning I get given a wifi enabled bus. Bus wifi box must take a hammering on those'ns. When I was a scholars... last year.... I was too dead in the mornings to bother with that stuff.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - streetdeckfan - 14 Feb 2019

(14 Feb 2019, 9:17 pm)Malarkey Also when connected it disconnects you when another vehicle with a wifi connection passes by.
That's my favourite of the many issues, especially on the X21 when you pass god knows how many buses going the opposite way!
(14 Feb 2019, 8:39 pm)Jamie M Getting a bit astray here, but the issue is normally when phones connect to wifi, background data processes normally drastically increase for updates and whatever else our devices do. So there's less time to actually use the your phone before reaching the cap, than if the device is being rather more conservative on mobile data.

I've used all the data within a matter of minutes by just browsing facebook. All the things start auto playing as well, which doesn't help. It would be nice if devices could recognise transport wifi as a separate entity and act a lot more conservatively. Those big bad evil multi million corporations want us to be using mobile data though, so that'll never happen!
I made the mistake of connecting my laptop to the WiFi, even with the 'metered connection' option selected, I was out of WiFi by the time we left the Interchange!

I think that for smaller journeys 100mb is more than enough, but when you're spending 3+ hours a day on a bus, 100mb just isn't enough. Last month I used about 7gb of Data tethering my laptop, so that's probably say 3-400mb per day.

I mean, if I wanted to deal with the hassle, I could easily get around the 100mb a day restriction, but it's not worth my time especially when the WiFi keeps cutting out and the speeds aren't the best.

I get there has to be a limit, I just think that it would be better to have the limit per journey, and with that limit dependant on the route. But that would probably be too much effort for the few of us that complain

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019 - S813 FVK - 14 Feb 2019

(14 Feb 2019, 9:19 pm)Jamie M I'm more confused by the scholar's who like to all be streaming memes off youtube for 45 minutes every morning I get given a wifi enabled bus. Bus wifi box must take a hammering on those'ns. When I was a scholars... last year.... I was too dead in the mornings to bother with that stuff.

Believable.

When Stanley got the London B9TLs, once the 'main school' kids worked out that any bus that looked like that had WiFi, you'd often hear one or two of them quietly exclaim 'its a wifi bus!' when they saw one approaching. Similarly, they would express disappointment if an Omnidekka came along instead. 

WiFi has, and never will, attract me to use the bus. I think I've only ever taken advantage of it being available once to post something on this forum, if my memory serves me correctly.

I'm perhaps behind the times for someone of my age, but I don't a strong social media user, so I have more than enough data to see me through the month. Whether or not I use the bus (whenever I do actually go out) is purely on a situational basis.