North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 (/showthread.php?tid=2277)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - Michael - 30 Jul 2019

(30 Jul 2019, 7:36 pm)Arcticrossy92

If all buses are going to follow suit, I think this will work really well. All new branding working with this style for me, makes complete sense. The older branding, and the mutlicoloured buses has been great, however I do think now with times changing its starting to look a little 'childish' and doesn't really add anything anymore.

Routes like the 21 are fine as they are, with some minor modifications to ensure people know this Is 'Go North East'

I do think brands like the Coaster/Red Arrows need a huge change in the styling. I imagine a lot of brands will disappear and become corp, starting with the Green Arrows service and I imagine the 49 will follow suit. These brands are a little pointless & really don't do anything for me personally and I can't see why the would benefit the company.

Huge fan of the interior design on these, along with the addition of vinyls, it looks so much more professional and a lot more 2019, compared to the old brand.

Personally I'm a huge fan of the direction the brandings seem to be going, I hope they stick with it long term and don't chop and change liveries and corp identity as it seems the last few years there's been a lot of that and Its not good for either the business or the customer.

Ye, its 2019, and some of the brands are dated, hopefully they stick to the main routes, like the X1, 21 etc and drop the likes of the 9, 49, Green Arrow, Drifter, Hopefully if they rebrand the 97, when its new buses arrive, its not that horrid green, i'm hoping to see them in corp identity.. i think this corp livery will last a while... hopefully.

Wonder which B9's will for a refurb next as the Cobalt ones are almost done?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - V514DFT - 30 Jul 2019

A toonlink omni is at eldon square with its engine flap open

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - S813 FVK - 30 Jul 2019

I think the logo sizes (both brand and company) is what is putting me off rather than the style itself. 6112 just seems very empty with that logo configuration compared to 6101.

I was really looking forward to the brand being rolled out on the wider scale after seeing the design that is printed on the front of the latest timetable, though doesn't look very advert frame friendly (attached for anyone who hasn't seen it).

I'm sure I'll turn at some point, but right now, it's still a no from me.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - deanmachine - 30 Jul 2019

Seen a V reg B7 getting towed away from Washington today by Alpha. Guessing it's 6017(?) going to scrap.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - NewcastleOne - 30 Jul 2019

(30 Jul 2019, 7:43 pm)Michael Ye, its 2019, and some of the brands are dated, hopefully they stick to the main routes, like the X1, 21 etc and drop the likes of the 9, 49, Green Arrow, Drifter, Hopefully if they rebrand the 97, when its new buses arrive, its not that horrid green, i'm hoping to see them in corp identity.. i think this corp livery will last a while... hopefully.

Wonder which B9's will for a refurb next as the Cobalt ones are almost done?

I’ll be very surprised if it’s not 6118-21&6149-6161

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - Tom - 30 Jul 2019

(30 Jul 2019, 9:34 pm)NewcastleOne

I’ll be very surprised if it’s not 6118-21&6149-6161

I'd imagine 6118-21 will be going on the Coaster, so maybe a refurb to bring them in line with the Hybrids.

Unless they make the Coaster full B9 operated? PVR 16, and there is 16 B9s there so would make sense I suppose.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - streetdeckfan - 31 Jul 2019

(30 Jul 2019, 5:20 pm)Dan

This will be the new standard going forward - it follows the style of Brighton & Hove, Oxford Bus Company and Reading Buses, all of whom tend to have their logo in this position, with the brand name between the two decks. It's all about creating more of a focus on the Go North East logo rather than the brand name itself.

The beauty of the horizontal Go North East logo including the tagline is also that it easily avoids the skirt panels (which are often changed due to panel damage). We'd be limiting ourselves quite a lot with other brand logos, if the positioning on 6101 was made standard.

If your concerns are mainly about the size of the Cobalt & Coast logo, then this may not be an issue on other brands which use a shorter name.

I think the updated Cobalt looks waaaay better than the first iteration. It doesn't look as bare and, for lack of a better word, half arsed.

What I don't like is the big vinyl applied to the staircase, I just feel like it's too 'in your face'. It seems like a very Arriva thing to do

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - Dan - 31 Jul 2019

(31 Jul 2019, 12:45 am)streetdeckfan

I think the updated Cobalt looks waaaay better than the first iteration. It doesn't look as bare and, for lack of a better word, half arsed.

What I don't like is the big vinyl applied to the staircase, I just feel like it's too 'in your face'. It seems like a very Arriva thing to do

The first version was only put on for the Metrocentre Bus & Coach rally, to be honest. It was always intended to do something as big as this for Cobalt & Coast!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - Michael - 31 Jul 2019

5435 has lost all of its branding on the door side, major panel damage?, even some of the route on the cant rail has been removed.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - JP6004 - 31 Jul 2019

(30 Jul 2019, 4:53 pm)ne14ne1

I did wonder why GNE picked such a dark colour on the stairwell panelling behind the cab in the refurbished Cobalt & Coasts - turns out they're having vinyls added which will make that area brighter: https://twitter.com/DanGrahamGNE/status/1156225007363792896

Also, note the switch-around of the exterior route brand, and GNE logo + tag line.

Internal branding is quite good however, really not a fan the finished branding......to me it seems like a cobalt version of hop tap go.....

If the branding was as per that timetable with Spanish city and cobalt office vinyls on both sides then it would look a lot better, even with logo swaps.

Just my opinion of course

Just seen comment on Twitter saying it isn't finished when photographed.....judgement reserved Tongue

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - Andreos1 - 31 Jul 2019

(31 Jul 2019, 12:45 am)streetdeckfan

I think the whole thing looks beyond cluttered.

Looked at a couple of the images and there is way too much going on imo.

Even with all of that, I can't see any logical order. We read from left to right, but I'm not seeing that with this.

If I'm a non bus user and I see that, it's going to to take 2/3 passes before I can work out what's going on, who operates it, what number it is etc.

I think there's a need to give information and making that information read concisely.

Not sure this brand does that.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - LeeCalder - 31 Jul 2019

Not a fan of this brand, I also find it very cluttered, random pieces of information is odd locations.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - Acky81 - 31 Jul 2019

.png
5C64BAED-271C-4ECB-9476-4844DC5BD814.png
Size: 365.52 KB / Downloads: 22
Just saw 33 go to East Herrington via Gilley law and Farringdon. From the board inn it disappeared down Durham road. I thought the whole point was to allow connections lost I.e Silksworth doctors/Sainsbury’s. Why add another route serving Durham road?? What exactly is the route of 33/33a

Also are people using the route?

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - streetdeckfan - 31 Jul 2019

What happened to 5247, looks like someone put a brick through the back window at Durham Bus Station

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - deanmachine - 31 Jul 2019

(31 Jul 2019, 12:10 pm)Acky81

Just saw 33 go to East Herrington via Gilley law and Farringdon. From the board inn it disappeared down Durham road. I thought the whole point was to allow connections lost I.e Silksworth doctors/Sainsbury’s. Why add another route serving Durham road?? What exactly is the route of 33/33a

Also are people using the route?

It doesn't serve Durham Road, it goes from Silksworth, to Gilley Law, then through Farringdon, doing a loop around the Board Inn Roundabout to come back along Silksworth Road.