North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 (/showthread.php?tid=2277)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - deanmachine - 16 Jul 2019

(15 Jul 2019, 10:03 pm)S830OFT Do 0697 - 0705 have the MAN engine or Mercedes-Benz engine?

Mercedes

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - Stanleyone - 16 Jul 2019

(15 Jul 2019, 10:03 pm)beefcake I find it odd that the X9/10 have been given a separate ticket whilst the X21 which takes longer end to end hasn't. Is it an oversight or is it down to the fact that there's competition on that corridor whereas the GNE offering between Teesside and Tyneside is considerably quicker than what Arriva offer?

Separate route saver tickets are still available. Castles express for the X21.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - streetdeckfan - 16 Jul 2019

(16 Jul 2019, 4:42 am)Stanleyone

Separate route saver tickets are still available. Castles express for the X21.

I think they've got rid of it now, at least they don't mention it on the new tickets

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - westy3738 - 16 Jul 2019

3965 has lost it's cherished plate of 574CPT and is back to its NK06JX? reg

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - Coppercap40 - 16 Jul 2019

5364 needs its NSA adjusted, each announcement is repeated, with the second sometimes starting before the first has finished

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - Dan - 16 Jul 2019

(16 Jul 2019, 3:54 pm)westy3738 3965 has lost it's cherished plate of JCN822 and is back to its NK06JX? reg

574 CPT has gone on the spare bus for Toon Tour instead - Go North East do a fair bit of work with the CPT so if they were to ever hire an open-topper, it'd be good for them to have their name on the plate of the bus! 3965 re-registered as NK06JXB.

3962 still has JCN822.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - BusLoverMum - 16 Jul 2019

(16 Jul 2019, 9:46 am)streetdeckfan

I think they've got rid of it now, at least they don't mention it on the new tickets

I bought one on Monday. I hope it doesn't go because it's cheaper than a return to Newcastle, for me.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - Stanleyone - 16 Jul 2019

(16 Jul 2019, 9:46 am)streetdeckfan

It’s not a new ticket hence why it’s not been mentioned. In our briefing it states “ we will continue to sell route saver tickets. Angel, Castles Express, Citylink, Crusader, Saltwell Park and Tyne Valley Ten”.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - streetdeckfan - 16 Jul 2019

(16 Jul 2019, 4:42 pm)Stanleyone

It’s not a new ticket hence why it’s not been mentioned. In our briefing it states “ we will continue to sell route saver tickets. Angel, Castles Express, Citylink, Crusader, Saltwell Park and Tyne Valley Ten”.

Well, that's good. They could have made it a bit clearer on the website though!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - ne14ne1 - 16 Jul 2019

I wish they did a central Gateshead - central Newcastle zone. I currently have to buy singles each day as it works out cheaper.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - citaro5284 - 16 Jul 2019

Go-Ahead Montage 2019

https://vimeo.com/345869170?fbclid=IwAR17lXXUp4_DQSd-CXyLMIHrb8egjpBYVLePjiYjGA9lHQ6LO6CO8JqvpEU

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - deanmachine - 16 Jul 2019

(16 Jul 2019, 5:57 pm)ne14ne1

I wish they did a central Gateshead - central Newcastle zone. I currently have to buy singles each day as it works out cheaper.

They kinda do, if you get the Saltwell Parks that is.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - Malarkey - 16 Jul 2019

Having seen the revised zoning I have to say with fares becoming cheaper is a very positive move from GNE, However I do have one gripe to pick from this and that is the zoning of Consett which I feel should be in the "Green Zone" along with the rest of the places within County Durham.

I can't help but feel this a stunt on GNE's part to recoup a massive amount of money spent on the new depot in Consett along with the new buses due later in the year. The vast majority of passengers in other areas are going to be purchasing either one or two zones passes depending on where they are travelling for work etc, however those in Consett have to purchase an All Zones pass at either £25 on the app or £30 on the bus whereas elsewhere a one zone is £20 on the app and £23 on the bus, in effect those in Consett are paying between £5 and £7 more to travel to the likes of Newcastle.

If I was living within Consett I would complaining to the local authorities etc in order for GNE to reverse this decision so that are treated equally to any other passenger within the local region.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - Stanleyone - 17 Jul 2019

(16 Jul 2019, 9:38 pm)Malarkey Having seen the revised zoning I have to say with fares becoming cheaper is a very positive move from GNE, However I do have one gripe to pick from this and that is the zoning of Consett which I feel should be in the "Green Zone" along with the rest of the places within County Durham.

I can't help but feel this a stunt on GNE's part to recoup a massive amount of money spent on the new depot in Consett along with the new buses due later in the year. The vast majority of passengers in other areas are going to be purchasing either one or two zones passes depending on where they are travelling for work etc, however those in Consett have to purchase an All Zones pass at either £25 on the app or £30 on the bus whereas elsewhere a one zone is £20 on the app and £23 on the bus, in effect those in Consett are paying between £5 and £7 more to travel to the likes of Newcastle.

If I was living within Consett I would complaining to the local authorities etc in order for GNE to reverse this decision so that are treated equally to any other passenger within the local region.

Consett has always been in a separate zone since the removal of the buzz fares. All journeys from Consett to Newcastle required a 3 zone ticket. So in reality on a standard return, getting a new day ticket will be 50p cheaper or £1.20 cheaper on a day ticket. The losers are those travelling to Stanley or Durham whose fares will rise by 30p

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - ne14ne1 - 17 Jul 2019

(16 Jul 2019, 7:41 pm)deanmachine

They kinda do, if you get the Saltwell Parks that is.

Ah I’d want to jump on which ever GNE bus is approaching

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - citaro5284 - 17 Jul 2019

(16 Jul 2019, 9:38 pm)Malarkey Having seen the revised zoning I have to say with fares becoming cheaper is a very positive move from GNE, However I do have one gripe to pick from this and that is the zoning of Consett which I feel should be in the "Green Zone" along with the rest of the places within County Durham.

(17 Jul 2019, 4:57 am)Stanleyone

Consett has always been in a separate zone since the removal of the buzz fares. All journeys from Consett to Newcastle required a 3 zone ticket. So in reality on a standard return, getting a new day ticket will be 50p cheaper or £1.20 cheaper on a day ticket. The losers are those travelling to Stanley or Durham whose fares will rise by 30p

Lets get onto the local authority and lets get the decision reversed and make them pay higher fares....only right as well Tongue

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - Dan - 17 Jul 2019

(17 Jul 2019, 6:04 am)citaro5284

Lets get onto the local authority and lets get the decision reversed and make them pay higher fares....only right as well Tongue" alt="Tongue" title="Tongue">

There's me thinking folk that currently pay £110 for a 3-zone plus ticket to use services between Newcastle and Consett end to end would be happy that their bus fare has reduced to just £95 (i.e. £15/month saving) for an all-zones ticket...

At least the extra £15 per month in customers' pockets is helping to pay for Go North East's new depot and buses in Consett though...

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - Venturego - 17 Jul 2019

I think the point being made was also addressing Stanley and Consett being in two separate zones make it expensive for local journeys between the two neighboring towns, where people will choose car to work, meeting family etc... - Maybe there could be a Stanley/ Consett inter travel zone to promote travel in the "Derwentside" area.

The new GoZone is welcomed in bringing The Coast via Newcastle and Sunderland from Derwentside towns more accessible.

Although not a GNE decision, expanding the Nexus Zones to include Derwentside would increase patronage with the ability to use public transport to areas of the region with multi operator tickets covered by Metro etc.. e.g. Newcastle Airport (for which Go North East do not serve with a regular service)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - streetdeckfan - 17 Jul 2019

(17 Jul 2019, 6:29 am)Dan

There's me thinking folk that currently pay £110 for a 3-zone plus ticket to use services between Newcastle and Consett end to end would be happy that their bus fare has reduced to just £95 (i.e. £15/month saving) for an all-zones ticket...

At least the extra £15 per month in customers' pockets is helping to pay for Go North East's new depot and buses in Consett though...

If it's any consolation, for once I am very happy with a decision made by Go North East!

However, that happiness was overshadowed by the loss of the X46 to Crook. But at least I'll have an excuse to not visit the family now!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2019 - Malarkey - 17 Jul 2019

(17 Jul 2019, 6:29 am)Dan

I that's the only way they will keep there money in there pockets through purchasing an all-zones monthly ticket, my point was if they don't and only purchase day/week passes then they are being charged more.