North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 (/showthread.php?tid=2288)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Dan - 19 Aug 2019

(19 Aug 2019, 8:01 pm)ne14ne1

Definitely better than the Castles Express livery it replaces. (Excellent photo by the way, Dan).

I think its just the cream I have issue with personally. The cream is a bit, East Yorkshirey. Cream paint on buses always seems very countryside-ish. Little rural operators usually love a bit of old fashioned cream to remind the old dears of times gone by. Creams has no place within a modern dynamic city image which is what I think is more suited to NewcastleGateshead. Thankfully it's only a smidge along the bottom, and the rest looks very bright and smart. Big improvement over the dull blue Castles Express livery anyway.

Thanks!

The X-lines livery has been purposely designed to avoid the use of the metallic gold on the skirt panels - these are the areas that get damaged (and replaced) most often, and metallic gold is notoriously difficult to colour-match.

The cream colour is designed to provide a contrast, but also provide a colour that is easily matched when replacement panels are fitted. This is also why, going forward, there will be a limited amount of vinyl on these panels. As you say, it's just a small section of the bus compared to the massive amount of striking gold!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Michael - 19 Aug 2019

(19 Aug 2019, 8:01 pm)ne14ne1

Definitely better than the Castles Express livery it replaces. (Excellent photo by the way, Dan).
  [Image: 48578403962_571b23e809_b.jpg]Go North East: 6304 / NK16BXD by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

I think its just the cream I have issue with personally. The cream is a bit, East Yorkshirey. Cream paint on buses always seems very countryside-ish. Little rural operators usually love a bit of old fashioned cream to remind the old dears of times gone by. Creams has no place within a modern dynamic city image which is what I think is more suited to NewcastleGateshead. Thankfully it's only a smidge along the bottom, and the rest looks very bright and smart. Big improvement over the dull blue Castles Express livery anyway.

Spotted this on Dan's photo

Four of the existing "Castles Express" branded Wright StreetDecks will undergo repaint into the new livery. Two newer vehicles will be repainted from the existing fleet to join the X21 allocation, along with two brand new buses, to be introduced in the coming months.

Which 2 newer buses will be repainted to Join the X-Lines X21?

I though them buying 2 new Streetdecks would give them the correct amount of buses and 1 spare?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - streetdeckfan - 19 Aug 2019

(19 Aug 2019, 8:23 pm)Michael Spotted this on Dan's photo

Four of the existing "Castles Express" branded Wright StreetDecks will undergo repaint into the new livery. Two newer vehicles will be repainted from the existing fleet to join the X21 allocation, along with two brand new buses, to be introduced in the coming months.

I though them buying 2 new Streetdecks would give them the correct amount of buses and 1 spare?

Hang on, the more I read that the more confused I get.

So 4 of the existing CE Streetdecks are getting repainted to Xlines

2 'newer vehicles' will be repainted and added to the X21 (so assuming they want to keep with the Streetdecks, these would have to come from the Angel, presumably 6332 and 6333?)

And then a further 2 brand new Streetdecks would be added.

That doesn't make sense, surely it would make more sense repaint the current 7 CE Streetdecks into Xlines, then like you say have a new Streetdeck to match the PVR and one spare

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Tom - 19 Aug 2019

(19 Aug 2019, 8:23 pm)Michael Spotted this on Dan's photo

If anything I'd guess 6332/6333

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - streetdeckfan - 19 Aug 2019

(19 Aug 2019, 8:37 pm)Tom

If anything I'd guess 6332/6333

Yep, that's what I meant, all the 3s were getting me confused!

I wonder if they'll be adding a 'plum' coloured strip at the front of the Xline Solos so you can more easily identify what service it is.

I assume that's what the blue strip on the front of the X21 is for, because if it's not, it's an awful design decision!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Andreos1 - 19 Aug 2019

(19 Aug 2019, 6:44 pm)Adrian

Should have been done rather than remove the M1 from there at the time.

Maybe a 4/4A arrangement could allow that to happen, sending 3 stoppers an hour, each direction, between Houghton and Shiney Row.

Anything to speed up the X1 and not at the detriment of other services in the area, would do me to be honest.

If something like your suggestion came off, then at least links would be returned, with the Washington interior and the coalfields and kids could get to/from school on one bus!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - S813 FVK - 19 Aug 2019

Having three of the older Streetdecks as the spares does make a degree of sense, even if they are likely to be out covering every day anyway.

(19 Aug 2019, 8:47 pm)S813 FVK

Having three of the older Streetdecks as the spares does make a degree of sense, even if they are likely to be out covering every day anyway.

I guess so, I assume the new Streetdecks will be the MicroHybrid variant so should be ever so slightly more fuel efficient, which on a route like the X21 would make a difference. But at that point, why not just replace all of the X21s with the new if they're getting them anyway?

Although the iconic "Castles Express" brand will dissolve as a result of this re-brand, there will still be a nod to the magnificent castles along the route, by being included within the X-lines 'skyline' on the external branding, photographs included on the stringer panel internally, as well as commentary about these attractions on the audio announcements.

So how in depth will this 'commentary' be? I do hope it doesn't waffle on, the NSA talks too much as it is!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Michael - 19 Aug 2019

(19 Aug 2019, 8:36 pm)streetdeckfan

Hang on, the more I read that the more confused I get.

So 4 of the existing CE Streetdecks are getting repainted to Xlines

2 'newer vehicles' will be repainted and added to the X21 (so assuming they want to keep with the Streetdecks, these would have to come from the Angel, presumably 6332 and 6333?)

And then a further 2 brand new Streetdecks would be added.

That doesn't make sense, surely it would make more sense repaint the current 7 CE Streetdecks into Xlines, then like you say have a new Streetdeck to match the PVR and one spare

Thought it was just me who was confused.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Dan - 19 Aug 2019

(19 Aug 2019, 8:51 pm)streetdeckfan

So how in depth will this 'commentary' be? I do hope it doesn't waffle on, the NSA talks too much as it is!

You'll find out from 1 September!

(19 Aug 2019, 9:05 pm)Michael  Thought it was just me who was confused.

Well that doesn't take much to be fair.. Big Grin

(19 Aug 2019, 9:11 pm)Dan

You'll find out from 1 September!

But that's a whole 2 weeks away!

Plus, it's a Sunday so I won't even be able to try out the whole route! Then again, I doubt there's any interesting commentary about Woodhouse or Tindale, unless it tells you places not to walk in the middle of the night!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - S830OFT - 19 Aug 2019

(19 Aug 2019, 9:24 pm)streetdeckfan

But that's a whole 2 weeks away!

Plus, it's a Sunday so I won't even be able to try out the whole route! Then again, I doubt there's any interesting commentary about Woodhouse or Tindale, unless it tells you places not to walk in the middle of the night!

I guess it will be alike the X93 service, although not just on selected trips...

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Citaro5338 - 19 Aug 2019

When will the B9s get the new Cobalt and Coast Branding done. Will 6100 be getting refurbished

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - L469 YVK - 20 Aug 2019

(19 Aug 2019, 10:12 pm)Citaro5338 When will the B9s get the new Cobalt and Coast Branding done. Will 6100 be getting refurbished

They're nearing completion and when done, 6100 will get released (it's currently acting as a spare to cover the refurbs) and that will get done too but in corporate livery.

So looking at Dan's post:

- 25x NEW StreetDecks to Consett + 3x spare
- 2x NEW StreetDecks to CLS for X21
- 2x existing StreetDecks (6332/6333) to CLS for X21
- 4x existing StreetDecks (6301-04) to CLS for X21
- 3x existing StreetDecks (6305-07) to CLS as spare for 21/X21

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Stanleyone - 20 Aug 2019

(20 Aug 2019, 5:00 am)L469 YVK

They're nearing completion and when done, 6100 will get released (it's currently acting as a spare to cover the refurbs) and that will get done too but in corporate livery.

So looking at Dan's post:

- 25x NEW StreetDecks to Consett + 3x spare
- 2x NEW StreetDecks to CLS for X21
- 2x existing StreetDecks (6332/6333) to CLS for X21
- 4x existing StreetDecks (6301-04) to CLS for X21
- 3x existing StreetDecks (6305-07) to CLS as spare for 21/X21

6301-6303 are the ones not going xlines.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - ne14ne1 - 20 Aug 2019

I’m looking forward to seeing the first B9 and first Streetdeck to wear the new corporate livery. Both going to look so smart!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - JP6004 - 20 Aug 2019

(20 Aug 2019, 6:25 am)ne14ne1

I’m looking forward to seeing the first B9 and first Streetdeck to wear the new corporate livery. Both going to look so smart!

Agreed think they will look very smart

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - streetdeckfan - 20 Aug 2019

So my big question is, with the relaunch of the X21, does that mean they might finally fix the app?

The southbound X21s to Tindale still don't track, and the new stops still don't exist (amongst a bunch of other issues), each time I bring it up with Customer Services I get met with the generic response of "I'll pass it on to the App team", and more recently "it'll be fixed in the next update", but the next update did not fix it.

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - TEN 6083 - 20 Aug 2019

6301 at Saltmeadows presumably for repaint and 6104 there for what I’m guessing is route branding

Also there’s a couple of angels including 6333 there with the windows covered up possibly repaint by the looks of it

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - BusLoverMum - 20 Aug 2019

(19 Aug 2019, 5:59 pm)streetdeckfan

I honestly would have thought a refurb would have been more likely than replacement for routes that already have B9s on them, but I guess they'd be wanting all Xlines routes to have somewhat new buses on them

The fact that they've waited to order for the X1 makes me think they might be waiting to try the 6 cylinder Streetdeck on it. Having said that, I've never been on the X1 so I wouldn't know if it would need the power ?‍♂️

It has sheriff Hill to negotiate, often with full loads.