North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 (/showthread.php?tid=2288)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - JP6004 - 09 Aug 2019

Will more Omnidekka's be transferred from B&H for the renewal of the majority of scholars contracts?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Andreos1 - 09 Aug 2019

(09 Aug 2019, 10:15 am)grandad

I agree that some NSA's could be used more effectively.  We live in a very diverse part of the country with lots of points of interest which a lot of people know little about.

For example, on the Red Kite you could have something like:-

"The next stop is Winlaton Mill.  Alight here for the Land of Oak and Iron Heritage Centre and Derwentheugh Park"

"The next stop is Rowlands Gill.  Get off here to visit Gibside Chapel and Grounds."

"The next stop is Forge lane.  Alight here to visit the historic Dovecote Steel Furnace - the first steel furnace in the world"

Which other services could benefit from PoI's added to the NSA's?

Would that work on all routes or just certain ones?

Washington F Put is probably a niche market, but I could see it working in other areas.

I think the priority is to let people know about road closures, that are going to affect them - however nice the other ideas are.

Blackett St in the town is one to jump out, in addition to the long-term works on Chester Road at Bournmoor and the regular closures at Testo's. Amongst many others.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Dan - 09 Aug 2019

(09 Aug 2019, 12:56 pm)Andreos1

Blackett St in the town is one to jump out, in addition to the long-term works on Chester Road at Bournmoor and the regular closures at Testo's. Amongst many others.

Last summer when Blackett Street was closed each weekend in summer, Go North East amended their Next Stop Announcements on service 21, advising passengers that the next available stop would be St. Mary's Place. It was given as an alternative destination for drivers to use, so that the normal route could still be announced during the week.

Obviously Blackett Street doesn't affect Go North East nowadays - only really affects Stagecoach, who don't provide Next Stop Announcements on their buses (yet) anyway.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Andreos1 - 09 Aug 2019

(09 Aug 2019, 1:29 pm)Dan

Last summer when Blackett Street was closed each weekend in summer, Go North East amended their Next Stop Announcements on service 21, advising passengers that the next available stop would be St. Mary's Place. It was given as an alternative destination for drivers to use, so that the normal route could still be announced during the week.

Obviously Blackett Street doesn't affect Go North East nowadays - only really affects Stagecoach, who don't provide Next Stop Announcements on their buses (yet) anyway.

My bad. Forgot about Blackett St, but hopefully you get the gist.

The fact it was temporarily rolled out on the 21 last summer, really emphasises the ability to do it for other services that are affected by closures.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - ne14ne1 - 09 Aug 2019

(09 Aug 2019, 10:15 am)grandad

I agree that some NSA's could be used more effectively.  We live in a very diverse part of the country with lots of points of interest which a lot of people know little about.

For example, on the Red Kite you could have something like:-

"The next stop is Winlaton Mill.  Alight here for the Land of Oak and Iron Heritage Centre and Derwentheugh Park"

"The next stop is Rowlands Gill.  Get off here to visit Gibside Chapel and Grounds."

"The next stop is Forge lane.  Alight here to visit the historic Dovecote Steel Furnace - the first steel furnace in the world"

Which other services could benefit from PoI's added to the NSA's?

As a regular commuter I certainly wouldn't mind the odd '...alight for X' if it was warranted. E.g. I think the stop 'High Level Bridge North' should be named properly & would warrant saying 'Next stop, Saint Nicholas St - alight here for Central Station'. 
Personally I don't think the NSAs should have bits added like '....the first X', '...the only X', or '...the best X in all the land!'. That would sound unprofessional and make you wonder if there was some sort of sponsorship or paid deal between the bus company and whatever the POI was.
And I think 'get off here for...' sounds too casual - Keep that for tour bus commentary.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - streetdeckfan - 09 Aug 2019

(09 Aug 2019, 4:54 pm)ne14ne1

As a regular commuter I certainly wouldn't mind the odd '...alight for X' if it was warranted. E.g. I think the stop 'High Level Bridge North' should be named properly & would warrant saying 'Next stop, Saint Nicholas St - alight here for Central Station'. 
Personally I don't think the NSAs should have bits added like '....the first X', '...the only X', or '...the best X in all the land!'. That would sound unprofessional and make you wonder if there was some sort of sponsorship or paid deal between the bus company and whatever the POI was.
And I think 'get off here for...' sounds too casual - Keep that for tour bus commentary.

Is it the 10 that has the 'change here for 49 and x66 services to Gateshead', or something along those likes, when it get to the Metrocentre?

I think GNE for the most part already does a good job naming the stops properly. Like on the 49 we have Dunston - Aldi instead of just Ellison Road, same with The Ropery - Paramount Care. More akin to your example, on the x21/21, we have Wharton Park - For rail station in Durham.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - ne14ne1 - 09 Aug 2019

(09 Aug 2019, 9:57 am)R852 PRG 5247 back from repaint: https://www.flickr.com/photos/142814434@N05/48494519517/in/dateposted-public/

Smart!

(09 Aug 2019, 4:57 pm)streetdeckfan

Is it the 10 that has the 'change here for 49 and x66 services to Gateshead', or something along those likes, when it get to the Metrocentre?

Ah okay. Never been on the 10 at that point. '...change here for X66 services to Gateshead Interchange' would be fair enough. Not sure why you'd bother promoting the 49 as another option too though. I once made the mistake of jumping on a 49 between Metrocentre & G'head Int when I'd just missed a X66, and I won't be doing it again. Wink

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - streetdeckfan - 09 Aug 2019

(09 Aug 2019, 5:05 pm)ne14ne1

Smart!

Ah okay. Never been on the 10 at that point. '...change here for X66 services to Gateshead Interchange' would be fair enough. Not sure why you'd bother promoting the 49 as another option too though. I once made the mistake of jumping on a 49 between Metrocentre & G'head Int when I'd just missed a X66, and I won't be doing it again. Wink" alt="Wink" title="Wink">

If you think that's bad, imagine accidentally getting on the 1A!

Which is what I do all the time because I don't like sitting next to people? I think I've been on the 1A twice when there was someone else sitting upstairs, plus you do get a nice view over Newcastle when it's on Knightside Gardens

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Malarkey - 09 Aug 2019

5390 has lost it poems branding and now carries a promotional livery for a change in law from 2020 for organ donation retaining it's white base livery.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/48496607147/in/dateposted/

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - streetdeckfan - 10 Aug 2019

Has anyone else had experience with drivers not being pleased when you tell them they have the wrong destination on the display?

Not too long back on one of the X21s that terminate in Woodhouse the driver had the display that still said Tindale Crescent. When I asked if the bus went to Tindale (it could have just been running late) the driver said no, so I told him that he had the wrong destination up he got snappy, but still didn't change it.

I know in the past I've told drivers and they've thanked me for telling them, but recently that hasn't been the case, and it's not just the X21

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Jimmi - 10 Aug 2019

(10 Aug 2019, 4:49 pm)streetdeckfan Has anyone else had experience with drivers not being pleased when you tell them they have the wrong destination on the display?

Not too long back on one of the X21s that terminate in Woodhouse the driver had the display that still said Tindale Crescent. When I asked if the bus went to Tindale (it could have just been running late) the driver said no, so I told him that he had the wrong destination up he got snappy, but still didn't change it.

I know in the past I've told drivers and they've thanked me for telling them, but recently that hasn't been the case, and it's not just the X21
I've not had any issues the few times I've pointed this out, although do remember when the Citaro demonstrator was here recently and in Newcastle the driver put 27 for South Shields on the display instead of 26 so had to point that out to him, he was a bit confused by what I was saying but eventually got what I was on about.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Rapidsnap - 10 Aug 2019

Reports of a GNE bus getting a bit hot on Gateshead High Street this evening.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - pbjd - 10 Aug 2019

(10 Aug 2019, 7:43 pm)Rapidsnap Reports of a GNE bus getting a bit hot on Gateshead High Street this evening.
Citaro 5323.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - streetdeckfan - 10 Aug 2019

(10 Aug 2019, 7:47 pm)pbjd

Citaro 5323.

A Citaro.... on fire.... I'm not having that like!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Ds1197 - 10 Aug 2019

(10 Aug 2019, 7:57 pm)streetdeckfan

A Citaro.... on fire.... I'm not having that like!

Again weren't all the citaro tested last year after 5319

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - streetdeckfan - 10 Aug 2019

(10 Aug 2019, 9:41 pm)Ds1197

Again weren't all the citaro tested last year after 5319

Citaros have been catching fire for years, I think if they knew what to test properly they would have solved the problems by now

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Michael - 11 Aug 2019

Anymore Cobalt and Coast B9's back from refurbishment yet?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - JP6004 - 11 Aug 2019

MG has stated on Twitter that the E400s will have gold headrests......maybe tying in the gold from Xlines livery. Wonder if streetdecks be the same...

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Michael - 11 Aug 2019

(11 Aug 2019, 12:36 pm)JP6004 MG has stated on Twitter that the E400s will have gold headrests......maybe tying in the gold from Xlines livery. Wonder if streetdecks be the same...

That'll look smart, i would imagine the streetdecks will be the same?.. hopefully

MG also put this picture on...

https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/1160272539484151808?s=20

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Kuyoyo - 11 Aug 2019

(11 Aug 2019, 12:36 pm)JP6004 MG has stated on Twitter that the E400s will have gold headrests......maybe tying in the gold from Xlines livery. Wonder if streetdecks be the same...

(11 Aug 2019, 1:12 pm)Michael That'll look smart, i would imagine the streetdecks will be the same?.. hopefully

He's previously tweeted a look of the E400 seats - and he confirmed last night the E200s will have the same spec but with red leather headrests rather than Gold

.jpg
Go North East Enviro Seats.jpg
Size 84.67 KB / Downloads 49