North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 (/showthread.php?tid=2288)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Michael - 11 Aug 2019

(11 Aug 2019, 1:17 pm)Kuyoyo

He's previously tweeted a look of the E400 seats - and he confirmed last night the E200s will have the same spec but with red leather headrests rather than Gold

They look really nice

Edit: they don't look very gold on the picture

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - JP6004 - 11 Aug 2019

(11 Aug 2019, 1:17 pm)Kuyoyo

He's previously tweeted a look of the E400 seats - and he confirmed last night the E200s will have the same spec but with red leather headrests rather than Gold

They look more like EY seats than GNE

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - idiot - 11 Aug 2019

5212 this evening is a horrendous experience. Slight relief was driver changeover with engine off.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Michael - 11 Aug 2019

(11 Aug 2019, 5:26 pm)idiot 5212 this evening is a horrendous experience. Slight relief was driver changeover with engine off.

Should be getting withdrawn in the next couple of months... hopefully.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - streetdeckfan - 11 Aug 2019

(11 Aug 2019, 12:36 pm)JP6004 MG has stated on Twitter that the E400s will have gold headrests......maybe tying in the gold from Xlines livery. Wonder if streetdecks be the same...

The SmartSeats are comfortable, but if they go part leather part fabric, it'll be a downgrade imo.

The full leather SmartSeats they had on the E200EV a couple weeks back were I think the most comfortable seat I've tried yet

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Andreos1 - 11 Aug 2019

(11 Aug 2019, 5:26 pm)idiot 5212 this evening is a horrendous experience. Slight relief was driver changeover with engine off.

(11 Aug 2019, 5:32 pm)Michael Should be getting withdrawn in the next couple of months... hopefully.

They should have been withdrawn years ago.

Genuinely think any positive PR garnered at the time regarding the emissions upgrades, has backfired big style.

(11 Aug 2019, 6:42 pm)Andreos1

They should have been withdrawn years ago.

Genuinely think the PR garnered at the time regarding the emissions upgrades, has backfired big style.

I have to agree, they were put on the wrong buses at the time but couldn't of been helped - probables because they wouldn't of replaced them in time... going to miss the Scania's though

Probables all be withdrawn by end of the year.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Malarkey - 11 Aug 2019

(11 Aug 2019, 6:46 pm)Michael I have to agree, they were put on the wrong buses at the time but couldn't of been helped - probables because they wouldn't of replaced them in time... going to miss the Scania's though

Just depends on how quick the new buses arrive, shouldn't be to long with the E200/E400's currently in the process of being built at ADL.

10 of them are in reserve covering repaints/refurbs across the fleet so there days are numbered.

(11 Aug 2019, 7:40 pm)Malarkey

Just depends on how quick the new buses arrive, shouldn't be to long with the E200/E400's currently in the process of being built at ADL.

10 of them are in reserve covering repaints/refurbs across the fleet so there days are numbered.

Ye it does, hopefully they start to arrive soon, but i would expect the first few Scania's to be gone by the end of October/start of November, but it also depends how long the refurb program will actually go on for because so far only the Cobalt and Coast B9's are confirmed to be having the refurbishment.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Andreos1 - 11 Aug 2019

(11 Aug 2019, 6:46 pm)Michael I have to agree, they were put on the wrong buses at the time but couldn't of been helped - probables because they wouldn't of replaced them in time... going to miss the Scania's though

All they did, was delay the inevitable and I firmly believe, damage the network from a public perspective.

I've voiced my thoughts on the purple Solar's many years before they were cascaded.

I cant see the subsequent cascade to the 35 and replacement of Mercs with the 521x Solar's will have done the 35 many favours.

(11 Aug 2019, 7:56 pm)Andreos1

All they did, was delay the inevitable and I firmly believe, damage the network from a public perspective.

I've voiced my thoughts on the purple Solar's many years before they were cascaded.

I cant see the subsequent cascade to the 35 and replacement of Mercs with the 521x Solar's will have done the 35 many favours.

The 35 will probables get Streetlites from the Red kite, so its inline with the 8 so it has the same features.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Malarkey - 11 Aug 2019

(11 Aug 2019, 7:56 pm)Andreos1

I've been on a few of them recently, 5216/5217 have panels internally hanging by a thread as the bolts/screws have not been tightened up.

As for the 35 I agree the vehicles allocated may of damaged it from a public point of view however I also think constant services changes have also had an impact, god knows what will be allocated once the Scanias have been withdrawn.

(11 Aug 2019, 7:47 pm)Michael Ye it does, hopefully they start to arrive soon, but i would expect the first few Scania's to be gone by the end of October/start of November, but it also depends how long the refurb program will actually go on for because so far only the Cobalt and Coast B9's are confirmed to be having the refurbishment.

Iirc correctly 6113 to 6115 are currently away for refurb with 6100/6116/6117 also to be done, I would say we would potentially looking towards November for completion of the Cobalts.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Dans_bus_photos - 12 Aug 2019

Does anyone know what state 5323 is in and if its likely to be repaired?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Dan - 12 Aug 2019

(12 Aug 2019, 3:52 pm)Dans_bus_photos

Does anyone know what state 5323 is in and if its likely to be repaired?

Very little damage, a lot of hype about nothing to be honest.

Should be back out in service fairly soon, labour dependent.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - WestDurhamSwift - 12 Aug 2019

(11 Aug 2019, 8:02 pm)Michael The 35 will probables get Streetlites from the Red kite, so its inline with the 8 so it has the same features.

I think it was confirmed the Green arrow services are getting some of the streetlites in a post about the Red kites/Toon links changing to Xlines are getting new buses, not sure what the PVR of the Green Arrow currently is.

'Local passengers on Gateshead and Newcastle Green Arrow route 97 will also benefit from brand new upgraded single-deck buses.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Michael - 12 Aug 2019

(12 Aug 2019, 6:09 pm)Arcticrossy92

I think it was confirmed the Green arrow services are getting some of the streetlites in a post about the Red kites/Toon links changing to Xlines are getting new buses, not sure what the PVR of the Green Arrow currently is.

'Local passengers on Gateshead and Newcastle Green Arrow route 97 will also benefit from brand new upgraded single-deck buses.

The 97 is getting Enviro 200's.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Stanleyone - 12 Aug 2019

(11 Aug 2019, 8:02 pm)Michael The 35 will probables get Streetlites from the Red kite, so its inline with the 8 so it has the same features.

Don’t think it’s been confirmed, but it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s where they end up.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - Michael - 12 Aug 2019

(12 Aug 2019, 6:34 pm)Stanleyone

Don’t think it’s been confirmed, but it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s where they end up.

Don't think it has, but it does seem likely due to Deptford having so many :p

Go North East are soon to have the Metrocity EV on demo

From Dans twitter:

We'll be trying out the all-new Metrocity EV here in the North East, on our Gateshead 53/54 and 58 routes, from later this week!

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2019 - TEN 6083 - 12 Aug 2019

(12 Aug 2019, 8:30 pm)Michael Go North East are soon to have the Metrocity EV on demo

From Dans twitter:

We'll be trying out the all-new Metrocity EV here in the North East, on our Gateshead 53/54 and 58 routes, from later this week!

https://flic.kr/p/2gVEUEC

Photo from Bazza’s Flickr

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk