North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 (/showthread.php?tid=2300)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - Chris 1 - 13 Sep 2019

(13 Sep 2019, 11:31 am)Chris 1

That's a lot of red.  I still think something is missing from the front end.

Sorry, I meant with the livery.  Personal taste, but the angular front end doesn't help.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - streetdeckfan - 13 Sep 2019

(13 Sep 2019, 12:55 pm)Chris 1

Sorry, I meant with the livery.  Personal taste, but the angular front end doesn't help.

I do agree, but there's not really much they can do!
I think the whole thing will look better once there's an ad on the side as it'll break up the sea of red

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - Chris 1 - 13 Sep 2019

(13 Sep 2019, 1:04 pm)streetdeckfan I do agree, but there's not really much they can do!
I think the whole thing will look better once there's an ad on the side as it'll break up the sea of red

Not with the design of the body there's not, no.

Plenty they can do with the livery though!  There's some genuinely attractive, eye catching liveries out there and this just seems a missed opportunity to me.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - ne14ne1 - 13 Sep 2019

I like it, but then again its probably because it almost looks like a London bus. Big Grin

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - TEN 6083 - 13 Sep 2019

https://news.sky.com/story/boris-bus-maker-wrightbus-in-urgent-rescue-talks-11808861

Hopefully this won’t affect GNE’s order of new buses

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - streetdeckfan - 13 Sep 2019

(13 Sep 2019, 5:41 pm)TEN 6083 https://news.sky.com/story/boris-bus-maker-wrightbus-in-urgent-rescue-talks-11808861

Hopefully this won’t affect GNE’s order of new buses

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
Well bugger, I knew things were bad but I didn't think it was that bad. I wonder if this is why GNE started branching out to ADL for the 97 and X30
If I were that Chinese company looking to acquire them, I'd wait until they fall into administration then acquire them, that way they wouldn't get all the debt

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - streetdeckfan - 13 Sep 2019

6307 is all vinyled up nice inside, shame there is a terrible high pitched rattle coming from the back, and they never bothered to renew the torn up games on the tables

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - Dan - 13 Sep 2019

(13 Sep 2019, 7:06 pm)streetdeckfan 6307 is all vinyled up nice inside, shame there is a terrible high pitched rattle coming from the back, and they never bothered to renew the torn up games on the tables

The tables will be changed at a later date (this is a different project as it also affects other buses).

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(13 Sep 2019, 7:19 pm)Dan The tables will be changed at a later date (this is a different project as it also affects other buses).

I assume they'll be matching the new tables installed on the Cobalts to include wireless charging?
If so, it'll be the third different table we've had!

Also, has anyone actually seen anybody play the games on the tables? Anyone I'm with is always too embarrassed to play

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - Dan - 13 Sep 2019

(13 Sep 2019, 7:24 pm)streetdeckfan I assume they'll be matching the new tables installed on the Cobalts to include wireless charging?

Also, has anyone actually seen anybody play the games on the tables? Anyone I'm with is always too embarrassed to play
No, just the graphics on the table top.

(13 Sep 2019, 7:27 pm)Dan No, just the graphics on the table top.

That's probably a better idea.

I don't think I've said it yet, but I do really like the new stickers for the emergency exits and priority seats
The dark grey background makes it look a lot nicer, and dare I say it, posh!

Seems it's had a rough night though, with the rattling/squeeling inside and the rear registration plate hanging off.

(13 Sep 2019, 7:30 pm)streetdeckfan That's probably a better idea.

I don't think I've said it yet, but I do really like the new stickers for the emergency exits and priority seats
The dark grey background makes it look a lot nicer, and dare I say it, posh!
Black backed, where possible, too (means you don't see a great big white rectangle from the outside!)

(13 Sep 2019, 7:45 pm)Dan Black backed, where possible, too (means you don't see a great big white rectangle from the outside!)

Unlike this monstrosity on Arriva's Sapphire Streetlites[Image: 660fe97ed6a029d0ce80112e7ef29766.jpg]

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - L469 YVK - 13 Sep 2019

(13 Sep 2019, 6:12 pm)streetdeckfan Well bugger, I knew things were bad but I didn't think it was that bad. I wonder if this is why GNE started branching out to ADL for the 97 and X30
If I were that Chinese company looking to acquire them, I'd wait until they fall into administration then acquire them, that way they wouldn't get all the debt

The reason GNE would've went with ADL over Wrights for the X30 & 97 would be as follows......

X30: E400MMC Low Height offered better headroom compared to Low Height StreetDeck bodywork.

97: E200MMC better than StreetLites.

It would be very interesting to see what would happen if Wrightbus did go under. Maybe given the large scale of the operations, the administrators would probably fulfill all new orders then cease afterwards.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - Rapidsnap - 13 Sep 2019

It will be a similar scenario to Transbus in 2004, though not as many bits to sell off but could see them operating on a smaller scale. TBH I don't think it helped that TFL stopped buying New Routemasters after 1000 had been built. But without a doubt there be many vehicle manufactuers around the world keen to get a foothold in the British market or even with the case with Wright Bus, the Hong Kong market too.

I wonder if the financial troubles has anything to do with them developing their own chassis for the Streetlite and Streetdeck. Seems like it would be a fairly expensive thing to do.

I think they got the Streetdeck spot on for the most part, but the Streetlite could definitely have been better.

Then again, there are over 1600 Streetlites registered and over 600 Streetdecks, so they're certainly selling and I'd imagine they would have made most of the development cost back by now.

I wonder if Mike Ashley will step in and buy them. He's like me on a late night AliExpress spree at the minute!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - V514DFT - 14 Sep 2019

Dunno if its been mentioned,but 627 is now in little coasters livery

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - BeachBoy99 - 14 Sep 2019

(13 Sep 2019, 7:24 pm)streetdeckfan I assume they'll be matching the new tables installed on the Cobalts to include wireless charging?

I saw someone on the X9 yesterday using the tables for a game of poker.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - Dan - 14 Sep 2019

(13 Sep 2019, 11:40 pm)streetdeckfan I wonder if the financial troubles has anything to do with them developing their own chassis for the Streetlite and Streetdeck. Seems like it would be a fairly expensive thing to do.

I think they got the Streetdeck spot on for the most part, but the Streetlite could definitely have been better.

Then again, there are over 1600 Streetlites registered and over 600 Streetdecks, so they're certainly selling and I'd imagine they would have made most of the development cost back by now.

I wonder if Mike Ashley will step in and buy them. He's like me on a late night AliExpress spree at the minute!
One of the main reasons for Wrightbus' financial difficulties may relate to the cancelled First Group order.

At £250k per bus, Wrights currently have 60 buses parked up in a field which are now "pre-owned" as dealer stock. £15m worth of assets awaiting sale!

Rotala have picked up a couple...

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - Michael - 14 Sep 2019

(14 Sep 2019, 7:05 am)Dan One of the main reasons for Wrightbus' financial difficulties may relate to the cancelled First Group order.

At £250k per bus, Wrights currently have 60 buses parked up in a field which are now "pre-owned" as dealer stock. £15m worth of assets awaiting sale!

Rotala have picked up a couple...

Go North East could pick some up?, would allow some more of the older deckers to be withdrawn?

What kind of specs do they have?, plugs etc?