North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 (/showthread.php?tid=2300)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - Stanleyone - 24 Sep 2019

New green arrow branding on mg Twitter, sorry can’t post link

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - streetdeckfan - 24 Sep 2019

https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/1176490187641315328

Looks quite smart, very simple, much nicer than the old Green Arrow livery I think

Also looks like they're going for an LCD NSA display rather than the Hanover LED displays, I wonder if that's just for the ADLs

(23 Sep 2019, 8:37 pm)Michael  Does anyone what the fleet numbers of the E200MMC's will be? Will they be 5488 - 5498? Or will they follow 5500 as its a new bus style? Would it be the same as the E400MMC's? As they could order more.

The one MG is showing off is numbered 5495, so I'm guessing 5488-98

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - JP6004 - 24 Sep 2019

(24 Sep 2019, 1:52 pm)streetdeckfan

https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/1176490187641315328

Looks quite smart, very simple, much nicer than the old Green Arrow livery I think

Also looks like they're going for an LCD NSA display rather than the Hanover LED displays, I wonder if that's just for the ADLs

The one MG is showing off is numbered 5495, so I'm guessing 5488-98

Not a fan of it myself. Looks very 80s and bit dated. Previous green arrow (minus the huge arrow) was nicer. Still hoping for return of the highwayman one day.

Also dont understand the Route 97 on the cant rail......its not like any other services are grouped under green arrow....

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - streetdeckfan - 24 Sep 2019

(24 Sep 2019, 2:31 pm)JP6004

Not a fan of it myself. Looks very 80s and bit dated. Previous green arrow (minus the huge arrow) was nicer. Still hoping for return of the highwayman one day.

Also dont understand the Route 97 on the cant rail......its not like any other services are grouped under green arrow....

That's probably why I like it, back when things were simpler and music was good! (full disclosure, I was very much not a thing in the 80s)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - JP6004 - 24 Sep 2019

(24 Sep 2019, 2:43 pm)streetdeckfan

That's probably why I like it, back when things were simpler and music was good! (full disclosure, I was very much not a thing in the 80s)

Yes music is fine but 80s gameshow isn't a good look. The base colours are spot on just not a fan of the logo and its little arrows

(24 Sep 2019, 2:47 pm)JP6004

Yes music is fine but 80s gameshow isn't a good look. The base colours are spot on just not a fan of the logo and its little arrows

Or 80s TV hosts...

Anyway.... I quite like the logo, they're probably about as big as you can get without covering the windows.

I'm still not sold on the seats though, I think Dan said that they're upgraded from the ones on the demo so won't fall to bits after a few days of use!

(24 Sep 2019, 2:51 pm)streetdeckfan

Or 80s TV hosts...

Anyway.... I quite like the logo, they're probably about as big as you can get without covering the windows.

I'm still not sold on the seats though, I think Dan said that they're upgraded from the ones on the demo so won't fall to bits after a few days of use!

I've not got problem with interior, although does look a bit oxford bis all the red walls and handles. But those triangles and arrows......?

(24 Sep 2019, 3:00 pm)JP6004

I've not got problem with interior, although does look a bit oxford bis all the red walls and handles. But those triangles and arrows......?

For me, the interior just feels too much like East Yorkshire, it just feels like they were specced out of EY then GNE just decided to keep them

I mean, I do think they went a tad over the top with the amount of arrows they put on the side, but overall I do quite like it

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - ne14ne1 - 24 Sep 2019

I’m quite disappointed by the new Green Arrows
livery to be honest, and more so what it means is yet to come for other routes.
Where’s the consistency?

Firstly, before the branding went on I was surprised the rear wasn’t blue if I’m honest. I now guess it’s just been a coincidence that all the new local liveries so far have had a blue rear. (2019 Corporate livery, Cobalt & Coast livery & Little Coasters livery). So when I saw the green rear my first reaction was, ‘well that’s not very Go North East!’

Secondly, didn’t they say they wanted the Go North East logo and slogan where it is on Cobalt & Coast’s so that it matched the location of Brighton & Hove’s/Go North West’s etc? However on the Green Arrows the route brand has been put there instead.

Thirdly, where did “Route” 97 come from. The 309/310s don’t include “Route” from what I remember. Not a major issue of course.

Fourthly, I’m just not personally a fan of the fonts they’ve used for the Green Arrow logo or the calling points along the sides. It’s just not as smart simple and modern as the fonts used on the Cobalt & Coast.
I’d have kept the fonts the same across all routes. Having different fonts for each route seems amateurish and we’re no doubt going to end up with some routes having ugly nursery school fonts again like the Toon Link logos.

Fifthly, did they need to clutter little arrows around the route name. They didn’t put little office blocks or waves around the Cobalt & Coast route name.

The lack of consistency is what I find disappointing. I thought they’d turned a corner and were steering away from different cheap amateurish logos and graphics for each route.

Definitely doesn’t “create desire”. ?

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - TEN 6083 - 24 Sep 2019

https://news.sky.com/story/boris-bus-maker-to-crash-into-administration-11818680

Not good news, wonder if it will affect GNE’s order of new buses if they go into administration tomorrow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - Michael - 24 Sep 2019

(24 Sep 2019, 5:47 pm)TEN 6083 https://news.sky.com/story/boris-bus-maker-to-crash-into-administration-11818680

Not good news, wonder if it will affect GNE’s order of new buses if they go into administration tomorrow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure it would, think they would have to still build them, due to contracts etc... well i hope so

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - Malarkey - 24 Sep 2019

(24 Sep 2019, 5:58 pm)Michael Not sure it would, think they would have to still build them, due to contracts etc... well i hope so

I think it will be like what has happened with Thomas Cook and everything will cease to operate, I do wonder if Go North East has a back up plan if this was to happen.

iirc correctly Dan mentioned a week or so back Wrightbus have around 60 Streetdecks parked up doing nothing after First cancelled an order, some of those Streetdecks have since been purchased by Rotala (Diamond).

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - cbma06 - 24 Sep 2019

(24 Sep 2019, 5:58 pm)Michael
Not sure it would, think they would have to still build them, due to contracts etc... well i hope so

Buses can still get built when there enter admin, but if there can’t still sell it with an admin appointed then everything ceases and the company closes its doors even with half finished buses inside, then the assets gets sold off cheap to claw back any more.

Ashame go ahead group hasn’t made a bid for it , hasn’t stagecoach has a percentage in a bus manufacturer the one in Scotland or something?

Chinese got a share in Wright?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(24 Sep 2019, 6:34 pm)Malarkey

I think it will be like what has happened with Thomas Cook and everything will cease to operate, I do wonder if Go North East has a back up plan if this was to happen.

iirc correctly Dan mentioned a week or so back Wrightbus have around 60 Streetdecks parked up doing nothing after First cancelled an order, some of those Streetdecks have since been purchased by Rotala (Diamond).

Yea, Thomas cook never completed the customer contracts of bringing the customers
Back home and left them in limbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fully expect them to go into administration, then for one of the interested parties to buy it. That way they won't have to buy any of the debt. Similar to what Mike Ashley did to House of Fraser.

That's what I would do anyway

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - Andreos1 - 24 Sep 2019

(24 Sep 2019, 5:58 pm)Michael Not sure it would, think they would have to still build them, due to contracts etc... well i hope so

Management buy-out perhaps?

It's happened before and will probably happen again in the future.

Optare took a stack of MCW designs and did their own thing.

Then if you look at how Optare came out of the Leyland/Charles Roe Leeds closure and then the follow up to United Bus.

Pretty sure Plaxton survived after the collapse of Transbus, with a management buyout too.

The tools, designs and jigs of Wrightbus will be worth something to someone.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - BeachBoy99 - 24 Sep 2019

(24 Sep 2019, 2:31 pm)JP6004

I managed to see this a few weeks ago at their Gateshead office but didn't say anything. I love it Tongue" alt="Tongue" title="Tongue">

(24 Sep 2019, 7:25 pm)Andreos1

Management buy-out perhaps?

It's happened before and will probably happen again in the future.

Optare took a stack of MCW designs and did their own thing.

Then if you look at how Optare came out of the Leyland/Charles Roe Leeds closure and then the follow up to United Bus.

Pretty sure Plaxton survived after the collapse of Transbus, with a management buyout too.

The tools, designs and jigs of Wrightbus will be worth something to someone.

Perhaps, but like I said I don't expect anything to happen before they go in to administration.

I'd imagine any interested party would want to get out of the warranty contracts for the 'Boris Buses' though considering how unreliable they apparently are

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - garym67 - 24 Sep 2019

The difference is Thomas Cook when into liquidation hence ceased trading immediately, if Wrightbus go into administration they can continue to trade until a buyer is found or the administrator winds up the company.

(24 Sep 2019, 8:21 pm)garym67

The difference is Thomas Cook when into liquidation hence ceased trading immediately, if Wrightbus go into administration they can continue to trade until a buyer is found or the administrator winds up the company.

Thank you for clarifying. Thinking back when HMV went into administration, they sold the stock they had but no new orders were made. I'd imagine Wright would continue to build the buses on order but would take no further requests

(24 Sep 2019, 8:34 pm)JP6004

Thank you for clarifying. Thinking back when HMV went into administration, they sold the stock they had but no new orders were made. I'd imagine Wright would continue to build the buses on order but would take no further requests

Same when Maplin and Poundworld went into administration. I spent far too much money in there buying things for literally pennies.

I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to taking a Streetdeck off their hands for £50!