North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 (/showthread.php?tid=2315)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - Michael - 13 Oct 2019

(13 Oct 2019, 11:30 am)Dan 5492 definitely works, having just seen a video of it on Facebook!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Any chance you could share the video on here please.

wonder if the delay to putting the NSA back on the X21 has anything to do with the alleged extension to West Auckland that I've heard mentioned a few times recently

[/quote]

Anymore details, interested to see where the X21 could end up.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - streetdeckfan - 13 Oct 2019

(13 Oct 2019, 12:59 pm)Michael

Anymore details, interested to see where the X21 could end up.

It's just what I've overheard some staff talking about, from what I've heard the extension to Tindale hasn't made as much money as management thought it would, and drivers have been complaining about the route it takes through Woodhouse so some higher ups had a trip down, saw the absolute mess that is the route through Woodhouse and are thinking of changing it.

The route that they've been taking with the diversion this week is 10x better than the actual route, something which I've heard basically all the drivers say, plus from my experience very few people actually get on or off at the stops that have been missed out, plus it cuts the journey time by quite a bit

As it turns out, the reason that the Arriva 6 is so busy isn't because it goes to Tindale, it's because it goes to West Auckland and Cockfield, which I imagine is quite a bit of money that GNE are missing out on.

I personally think it was a mistake getting rid of the 18, as any traffic in Durham means the X21 is usually running 15-20 minutes late, and quite a few times they've just turned it around in Bishop and missed out Tindale to get it back on time. As much as I like having a direct bus to Newcastle, I would prefer having a bus that will turn up!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - S830OFT - 13 Oct 2019

(13 Oct 2019, 1:14 pm)streetdeckfan

It's just what I've overheard some staff talking about, from what I've heard the extension to Tindale hasn't made as much money as management thought it would, and drivers have been complaining about the route it takes through Woodhouse so some higher ups had a trip down, saw the absolute mess that is the route through Woodhouse and are thinking of changing it.

The route that they've been taking with the diversion this week is 10x better than the actual route, something which I've heard basically all the drivers say, plus from my experience very few people actually get on or off at the stops that have been missed out, plus it cuts the journey time by quite a bit

As it turns out, the reason that the Arriva 6 is so busy isn't because it goes to Tindale, it's because it goes to West Auckland and Cockfield, which I imagine is quite a bit of money that GNE are missing out on.

I personally think it was a mistake getting rid of the 18, as any traffic in Durham means the X21 is usually running 15-20 minutes late, and quite a few times they've just turned it around in Bishop and missed out Tindale to get it back on time. As much as I like having a direct bus to Newcastle, I would prefer having a bus that will turn up!

They could always extend the X22 through at the same time, then they could extend it to Cockfield...

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - S830OFT - 13 Oct 2019

How long will 9073 be allocated to Consett for?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - Citaro5326 - 13 Oct 2019

(13 Oct 2019, 11:30 am)Dan 5492 definitely works, having just seen a video of it on Facebook!

It was alot better than others for next stop ! However to hill part of the 12 the bus was struggling..

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - streetdeckfan - 13 Oct 2019

(13 Oct 2019, 1:26 pm)S830OFT

They could always extend the X22 through at the same time, then they could extend it to Cockfield...

I would actually prefer that, a direct bus to Metrocentre would be quite handy, but I don't see them doing it as they'd have to upgrade X22 to new buses or it would cost them a fortune in fuel

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - Stanleyone - 13 Oct 2019

(13 Oct 2019, 1:42 pm)S830OFT How long will 9073 be allocated to Consett for?

It only does the 826am and 823pm, in theory with the omnidekkas now been allocated temporarily then that vehicle is no longer required. 826 will run onto the 8:49am X30 and run off the X30 at 14:31 onto 823 then back on the X30 from Stanley about 16:15 (if memory serves). Will of course be allocated a Xlines E400 when they are allocated if that’s still the plan.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - Dan - 13 Oct 2019

(13 Oct 2019, 2:44 pm)Stanleyone

It only does the 826am and 823pm, in theory with the omnidekkas now been allocated temporarily then that vehicle is no longer required. 826 will run onto the 8:49am X30 and run off the X30 at 14:31 onto 823 then back on the X30 from Stanley about 16:15 (if memory serves). Will of course be allocated a Xlines E400 when they are allocated if that’s still the plan.

Indeed, still the case.

The issues Wrightbus have had has also had an impact on ADL (parts supply, cash flow issues with their suppliers, etc). This means that the original launch date of today (when changes to duties were made) was unachievable, hence the temporary week-long OmniDekka allocation on the X30.

6163-66 will be used at Saltmeadows temporarily to release these four to Consett.

9073 is now withdrawn. MOT expired on Friday.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - Michael - 13 Oct 2019

(13 Oct 2019, 4:16 pm)Dan Indeed, still the case.

The issues Wrightbus have had has also had an impact on ADL (parts supply, cash flow issues with their suppliers, etc). This means that the original launch date of today (when changes to duties were made) was unachievable, hence the temporary week-long OmniDekka allocation on the X30.

6163-66 will be used at Saltmeadows temporarily to release these four to Consett.

Thanks for the info,i take it, non of them have been repainted yet.

Will 9073's MoT get renewed or hmis it heading back to EY?

Looks like the issues at Wrightbus could be sorted so hopefully its up and running by the end of month.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - OrangeArrow49 - 13 Oct 2019

(13 Oct 2019, 10:04 am)Michael Contracts coming up for renewal i think, sure it was mentioned a while back, be interesting to see if any changes are made to the Hexham contracts

Where has 5481-4 gone?

6162 - 6166, any of them been repainted yet?, i rarely get to go out and about these days so never know anything!

Any idea when the Hexham contracts are up for renewal? Are they staying with GNE, but just changes to routes and timetables are possible?

Good point from streetdeck fan, NSAs could be made a requirement for the council funded contracts to make the services more accessible. I only thought it would be a good idea for consistency to have NSAs on Tynedale Links services and Tynedale Express has them, but I can see the cost implication could be unjustifiable for contracted rather than commercial services. Nothing to do with 'liking' a service or not. Likewise I explained the same logic for making the 74 an Xlinks (not Xlines) X74, to align it with the X84/X85 more closely, but I can see it would be unsuitable for rebranding/upgrading due to frequency and passenger numbers - have to say rural communities get a bad deal sometimes, for example the 74 being the only bus service for many customers in Medburn, Stamfordham, Matfen, Great Whittington etc.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - WestDurhamSwift - 13 Oct 2019

(13 Oct 2019, 4:16 pm)Dan Indeed, still the case.

Where have the Consett Citaros gone, excellent buses those! for there age

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - L469 YVK - 13 Oct 2019

- Will the X5/16A/X30 Sunday boards be run using Streetlites, E400MMCs or a mix?

- What will be used for evening 6A / X30 journeys?

- What will the allocation be for evening 6A / X30 journeys when NUFC are playing at home if deckers are allocated (need to be low height)?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - LeeCalder - 14 Oct 2019

(12 Oct 2019, 11:52 pm)OrangeArrow49

I feel like I am being very personally attacked here. All I was saying is the Quaylink brand is not as relevant as when it was launched and the Quayside was the end point, and the brand could be freshened up a bit, still including the iconic yellow but a new, modern base colour to really get noticed again, not that a big yellow bus is unnoticeable and certainly being instantly recognizable and having an established brand is a good thing but the services have outgrown the brand in my opinion.

I am well aware buses are more than just the start and finish points, I regularly use GNE buses and certainly don't go from end to end (I rarely get the Q3 to Wallsend for example, and even less often from Gosforth), but for me Quaylink is outdated even if still relevant as the services are still about serving the Quayside and other places on route. My suggestion of making it limited stop as the X3 was to upgrade it to Xlines, but I can see making too many services Xlines dilutes the brand and removes the point of it, so that was a mistake. Sorry.

I would personally drop the Quaylink brand and give the services a more inclusive brand to highlight the many places it serves, but keep the Q prefix to highlight the origins of the services.

I am pleased the Q3 is commercially operated, and has a positive future in Great Park. I'd love to see it extended further, maybe to Kingston Park and other parts of Wallsend.

Just because many services already exist, more can be introduced.

"All I was saying is the Quaylink brand is not as relevant"

And Xlines is relevant? Overusing a premium brand, and weakening it's identity I feel. MAX and Sapphire an example of this...

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - Rob44 - 14 Oct 2019

ive been fiddling with my settings on facebook as I didn't think i was seeing many post for all my friends. Now im getting loads of post from GNE and i really didn't realize how many services start there route half way through or some don't run at all!!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - Jimmi - 14 Oct 2019

(14 Oct 2019, 1:40 pm)Rob44 ive been fiddling with my settings on facebook as I didn't think i was seeing many post for all my friends. Now im getting loads of post from GNE and i really didn't realize how many services start there route half way through or some don't run at all!!
M6 seems to be one that suffers a lot from what I've seen

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - Rob44 - 14 Oct 2019

Are they old bus by any chance or just the service that suffers at the expense of others jimmi

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - streetdeckfan - 14 Oct 2019

(14 Oct 2019, 1:42 pm)Jimmi M6 seems to be one that suffers a lot from what I've seen

That, and the 10! I don't think a day has gone by without at least one of the 10s getting cancelled

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - streetdeckfan - 14 Oct 2019

Those 67 plate StreetDecks are more powerful than I thought.
One took the 'scenic route' into Bishop and ended up going down Newton Cap Bank, managed to do a 3 point turn half way down and go back up with no struggle. Arriva's Streetlites struggle to go up there with a running start!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - Jamie M - 14 Oct 2019

(14 Oct 2019, 5:16 pm)streetdeckfan Those 67 plate StreetDecks are more powerful than I thought.
One took the 'scenic route' into Bishop and ended up going down Newton Cap Bank, managed to do a 3 point turn half way down and go back up with no struggle. Arriva's Streetlites struggle to go up there with a running start!

Only time I've managed to keep up with any of them on the A167 is with 6084. Fairly brisk engines, for 5.5L!

(14 Oct 2019, 9:38 pm)Jamie M

Only time I've managed to keep up with any of them on the A167 is with 6084. Fairly brisk engines, for 5.5L!

The 67 plates have the same engine as the 16 plates though don't they?

The 16 plates seem to struggle going up the bank in Croxdale!