North East Buses
Northern (Arriva Rail North) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Other Forms of Transport (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Railways (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Northern (Arriva Rail North) (/showthread.php?tid=235)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Northern Rail - South Tyne Lad - 01 Jul 2015

(01 Jul 2015, 2:14 pm)eezypeazy That's interesting... because, according to this log on Real Time Trains, all of yesterday's services at Cramlington operated more or less on time:

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced/CRM/2015/06/30/0600-2000?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt&toc=NT

Where did you hear about this break down?

Its also even more interesting that yesterday a pacer broke down and he seen liquid coming out of it and then a few days back, he seen a omnidekka up in flames on the Tyne Bridge!! and something else before that aswell, how can this guy seem to be seeing buses in flames and trains in smoke in a matter of days? PS he managed to be on a metro when the compressor blew up. A day or two after seeing a Omnidekka in flames!in a betting shop that would be 3 million to one or something!

RE: Northern Rail - buss14 - 01 Jul 2015

(01 Jul 2015, 3:46 pm)S813 FVK Remember who you are replying to. Not the most reliable information and  source provider.

eh i think i should know it was my train that broke down so if i didnt i have no clue why i had to switch trains

(01 Jul 2015, 4:08 pm)South Tyne Lad Its also even more interesting that yesterday a pacer broke down and he seen liquid coming out of it and then a few days back, he seen a omnidekka up in flames on the Tyne Bridge!! and something else before that aswell, how can this guy seem to be seeing buses in flames and trains in smoke in a matter of days? PS he managed to be on a metro when the compressor blew up. A day or two after seeing a Omnidekka in flames!in a betting shop that would be 3 million to one or something!

well i am sorry if you dont beleive me because to be frankly half of the time you lot speak a whloe load of rubbish as well so think about what you say before you judge me
thank you

RE: Northern Rail - Michael - 01 Jul 2015

(01 Jul 2015, 4:27 pm)buss14 well i am sorry if you dont beleive me because to be frankly half of the time you lot speak a whloe load of rubbish as well so think about what you say before you judge me
thank you

I'd like to know what please.

(01 Jul 2015, 4:30 pm)Michael I'd like to know what please.

well for starters how do you know that some trains are being converted to electric which you said previous because i asked some of the staff and they said that nothing like that has been decided yet because of various reasons. and other things are just minor issues

RE: Northern Rail - Michael - 01 Jul 2015

(01 Jul 2015, 4:48 pm)buss14 well for starters how do you know that some trains are being converted to electric which you said previous because i asked some of the staff and they said that nothing like that has been decided yet because of various reasons. and other things are just minor issues

I haven't posted anything about trains.............. i rarely post about trains as they're not part of my hobby although occasionally i post in the Tyne & Wear Metro thread....

RE: Northern Rail - S813 FVK - 01 Jul 2015

(01 Jul 2015, 4:25 pm)buss14 eh i think i should know it was my train that broke down so if i didnt i have no clue why i had to switch trains

Really coincidental that. You are always there when something goes wrong in the transport area whether it be in Newcastle or Cramlington. 
One positive thing from all of this: You are turning out to be one of the most controversial users ever.

[quote='S813 FVK' pid='114097' dateline='1435769592']

Really coincidental that. You are always there when something goes wrong in the transport area whether it be in Newcastle or Cramlington. 
One positive thing from all of this: You are turning out to be one of the most controversial users ever.
[/quot

well i am sorry if something goes wrong and i am there but for i do have to travel to work and i dont drive so what do you want to do? and i dont care what people think about me because its their opinion and i cannot change that. but if i get beaten up or threatened then thats when i do care

and i am sorry if i am doing peoples head in. the problem is and i have mentioned it many of times i have recently moved down here from Sheffield and to morpeth and i am asking people on here to see what is normal for public transport and what is not so i can keep a look out

RE: Northern Rail - Andreos1 - 04 Aug 2015

http://www.northernrail.org/northern/your-say-survey
Northern have launched a feedback questionnaire for passengers.

RE: Northern Rail - Andreos1 - 16 Aug 2015

No idea if it is to do with the closures today on Teesside, but passengers were treat to a 156 on the Darlo - Saltburn line. Big step up to the usual 142's.

RE: Northern Rail - buss14 - 16 Aug 2015

Does anyone think that northern rail north east will get any new trains?

RE: Northern Rail - Davie - 16 Aug 2015

(16 Aug 2015, 11:06 am)buss14 Does anyone think that northern rail north east will get any new trains?

Not if the 142s are getting refurbished.

(16 Aug 2015, 11:52 am)Davie Not if the 142s are getting refurbished.

sorry forgot about that. it will be nice to see the in a fresh new look.

RE: Northern Rail - Adrian - 16 Aug 2015

Who's said they're going to be refurbished?

Also, the next winner of the next Northern franchise has to bring 120 new non-electric 'carriages' into service by 2020. So you'd expect new DMUs to be on the cards. By the same year, Pacers wouldn't be allowed for use on the Northern franchise.

RE: Northern Rail - omnicity4659 - 16 Aug 2015

Only the one 144 in Yorkshire is getting refurbished as a trial. Nothing has been confirmed about any other units.

(16 Aug 2015, 1:25 pm)GX03 SVC Only the one 144 in Yorkshire is getting refurbished as a trial. Nothing has been confirmed about any other units.

sorry i thought it was meant to be down here that are getting refurbed

RE: Northern Rail - MrFozz - 16 Aug 2015

(16 Aug 2015, 1:25 pm)GX03 SVC Only the one 144 in Yorkshire is getting refurbished as a trial. Nothing has been confirmed about any other units.
Is it the Porterbrook idea to bring the 144 in line within DDA regulations?

RE: Northern Rail - tyresmoke - 16 Aug 2015

(16 Aug 2015, 9:34 am)Andreos1 No idea if it is to do with the closures today on Teesside, but passengers were treat to a 156 on the Darlo - Saltburn line. Big step up to the usual 142's.

Yes I would guess that is the reason behind it. They had to ensure the correct units are in place for Monday morning of which some of the early services from Middlesbrough are 156 operated

RE: Northern Rail - northern156 - 16 Aug 2015

(16 Aug 2015, 12:16 pm)aureolin Who's said they're going to be refurbished?

Also, the next winner of the next Northern franchise has to bring 120 new non-electric 'carriages' into service by 2020. So you'd expect new DMUs to be on the cards. By the same year, Pacers wouldn't be allowed for use on the Northern franchise.

I thought the current Northern franchise has a 'no growth' agreement; and that purchase of new rolling stock was in contravention to this so this is why they have always had second-hand stock. Otherwise this is probably why we've never had new stock sooner.

Sure I've read that before but I'm happy to be corrected.

RE: Northern Rail - Adrian - 16 Aug 2015

(16 Aug 2015, 9:02 pm)northern156 I thought the current Northern franchise has a 'no growth' agreement; and that purchase of new rolling stock was in contravention to this so this is why they have always had second-hand stock. Otherwise this is probably why we've never had new stock sooner.

Sure I've read that before but I'm happy to be corrected.

I think the expectation was that it wasn't expected to make any money, so there'd be no money thrown at it. Whether that's what the franchisee submitted as a bid or not is another question.

I was referring to the next franchise though.