North East Buses
Northern (Arriva Rail North) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Other Forms of Transport (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Railways (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Northern (Arriva Rail North) (/showthread.php?tid=235)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

markydh - markydh - 04 May 2020

(04 May 2020, 9:53 am)tyresmoke Out of interest where did you see this? I've looked through the track access applications on ORR site and can't see anything?

https://www.networkrail.co.uk/industry-and-commercial/information-for-operators/sale-of-access-rights

You can access the consultation documents on this page. Not easy on a phone, as they are embedded in the website and not available for download.

RE: markydh - tyresmoke - 04 May 2020

(04 May 2020, 10:36 am)markydh https://www.networkrail.co.uk/industry-and-commercial/information-for-operators/sale-of-access-rights

You can access the consultation documents on this page. Not easy on a phone, as they are embedded in the website and not available for download.
Thanks! I'd forgotten all about the Network Rail site with Access Rights on too. Agreed their system is terrible.
I've attached the file if anyone wants to have a look at it but you've got to know how to read it and how the tables work.
Seems to be just chopping up the longer distance services into smaller manageable parts - I wonder if it is perhaps an experiment to see how it works before spreading it across the rest of the network. Splitting the Hexham-Nunthorpe into three parts is an interesting move, becoming Hexham-Newcastle, Newcastle-Middlesbrough and a Middlesbrough-Nunthorpe shuttle - perhaps paving the way for the frequency increase when (if) the new Park & Ride opens at Nunthorpe.
Good to see them asking for rights for a 2nd hourly Middlesbrough-Newcastle via the Coast but I can't see anything suggesting a new ECML service?

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - Michael - 04 May 2020

I'm not that good with trains, or the certain lines, Will Sunderland see a reduction in service or an increase?

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - tyresmoke - 04 May 2020

(04 May 2020, 11:33 am)Michael I'm not that good with trains, or the certain lines, Will Sunderland see a reduction in service or an increase?
Proposed increase from one to two an hour each direction. Seems to suggest one will still work across Newcastle as a Middlesbrough to Carlisle - most likely this will be skip stop up the coast so may well only call Middlesbrough, Thornaby, Hartlepool, Sunderland and Newcastle onwards to Carlisle as the existing express?

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - Michael - 04 May 2020

(04 May 2020, 12:29 pm)tyresmoke Proposed increase from one to two an hour each direction. Seems to suggest one will still work across Newcastle as a Middlesbrough to Carlisle - most likely this will be skip stop up the coast so may well only call Middlesbrough, Thornaby, Hartlepool, Sunderland and Newcastle onwards to Carlisle as the existing express?

Thanks!, good news that they're increasing the frequency, but i do wonder if this will still go ahead, because of the impact Covid-19 has had on everything.

RE: markydh - markydh - 04 May 2020

(04 May 2020, 11:27 am)tyresmoke Thanks! I'd forgotten all about the Network Rail site with Access Rights on too. Agreed their system is terrible.
I've attached the file if anyone wants to have a look at it but you've got to know how to read it and how the tables work.
Seems to be just chopping up the longer distance services into smaller manageable parts - I wonder if it is perhaps an experiment to see how it works before spreading it across the rest of the network. Splitting the Hexham-Nunthorpe into three parts is an interesting move, becoming Hexham-Newcastle, Newcastle-Middlesbrough and a Middlesbrough-Nunthorpe shuttle - perhaps paving the way for the frequency increase when (if) the new Park & Ride opens at Nunthorpe.
Good to see them asking for rights for a 2nd hourly Middlesbrough-Newcastle via the Coast but I can't see anything suggesting a new ECML service?

Blink and you’d miss it, but if you read carefully, there’s a section which has ‘via Stillington Branch‘ as the routing. It’s just on one page but it does suggest that Northern haven’t dropped the idea.

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - pbjd - 04 May 2020

The timetable changes this month see Horden (HRE) served from around midday Sunday 24th following some morning engineering works between Newcastle and Hartlepool (Pelaw and South Hylton for Metro), the station will be served by the stoppers, but not the new limited stop 1Hxx services introduced from the same date.

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - anvil1984 - 04 May 2020

(04 May 2020, 2:33 pm)pbjd The timetable changes this month see Horden (HRE) served from around midday Sunday 24th following some morning engineering works between Newcastle and Hartlepool (Pelaw and South Hylton for Metro), the station will be served by the stoppers, but not the new limited stop 1Hxx services introduced from the same date.

That is not a guarantee. The engineering work is completely unrelated and Horden is showing as an unadvertised stop on places like RTT and the like as it acts as a placeholder when the station does actually open. If it shows as an unadvertised stop that doesn't mean the train will actually stop. Durham County Council still state  "Due to Covid-19, there will be a delay to the completion of Horden Station and it will not open in May as planned.". So it might open that date as it looks quite progressed but it might not due to paperwork

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - James101 - 04 May 2020

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/second-world-war-bomb-halts-trains-near-hartlepool-2842400

Bomb threatens thousands of pounds of improvements in Blackhall

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - James101 - 06 May 2020

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/Community/Horden-Train-Station-Updates-152489258737583/?locale2=en_GB

New photos of Horden Station, should be ready for services as soon as normal timetables resume.

Does anybody know if the Hordon circulars are being diverted into the station or any other bus connections? Will be interesting to see how it impacts the coastal bus services.

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - Michael - 29 Jun 2020

(04 May 2020, 12:29 pm)tyresmoke Proposed increase from one to two an hour each direction. Seems to suggest one will still work across Newcastle as a Middlesbrough to Carlisle - most likely this will be skip stop up the coast so may well only call Middlesbrough, Thornaby, Hartlepool, Sunderland and Newcastle onwards to Carlisle as the existing express?

Will these changes still happen in December, due to Covid-19?

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - tyresmoke - 30 Jun 2020

(29 Jun 2020, 11:42 pm)Michael Will these changes still happen in December, due to Covid-19?
Yes I believe they are due to go ahead in December, being delayed from May introduction.

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - Michael - 30 Jun 2020

(30 Jun 2020, 10:08 am)tyresmoke Yes I believe they are due to go ahead in December, being delayed from May introduction.

That's good to hear, glad they're still going ahead, i take it, they'll still use 150/153/155/156's?

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - NewcastleOne - 30 Jun 2020

(30 Jun 2020, 10:25 am)Michael That's good to hear, glad they're still going ahead, i take it, they'll still use 150/153/155/156's?
Just 156/158s. 150/153/155 don’t operate from Heaton.

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - Michael - 30 Jun 2020

(30 Jun 2020, 11:35 am)NewcastleOne Just 156/158s. 150/153/155 don’t operate from Heaton.

Ah right thanks, i know nothing of trains Tongue

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - Andreos1 - 02 Jul 2020

I've noticed more and more 4 car sets working locally recently. I get why they're doing it, but does anyone know if the stock is spare or recent arrivals from Yorkshire or the NW?
I've not kept track of what is paired up with what and with the fluid movements between depots, it woul probably be an exercise in pointlessness

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - Jimmi - 02 Jul 2020

(02 Jul 2020, 3:51 pm)Andreos1 I've noticed more and more 4 car sets working locally recently. I get why they're doing it, but does anyone know if the stock is spare or recent arrivals from Yorkshire or the NW?
I've not kept track of what is paired up with what and with the fluid movements between depots, it woul probably be an exercise in pointlessness

Think it's a result of reduced timetables, likes of Saltburn & Newcastle to Carlisle services are running hourly instead of two services an hour at present.

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - Andreos1 - 06 Jul 2020

(02 Jul 2020, 4:37 pm)Jimmi Think it's a result of reduced timetables, likes of Saltburn & Newcastle to Carlisle services are running hourly instead of two services an hour at present.

That was what I was thinking, but wasn't 100% sure due to the movement of stock around the depots. 

Either way, it seems to make sense them utilising the spare stock and keeping them going - than letting them sit idle in the depot.

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - Ryland - 08 Jul 2020

When are northern planning on increasing there services

RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - Andreos1 - 23 Sep 2020

Interesting comments from 'slug'