North East Buses
Northern (Arriva Rail North) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Other Forms of Transport (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Railways (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Northern (Arriva Rail North) (/showthread.php?tid=235)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Northern Rail - Adrian - 13 Jan 2015

(13 Jan 2015, 6:00 pm)northern156 I was thinking this myself. Depending on whether you have to use your MyNorthern account to get the form - in that case yes. But there is nothing stopping you setting up multiple MyNorthern accounts with separate email addresses. I'd recommend going to another ticket office to do this though, as it could be viewed as fraud if found out?

Doesn't say anything about 1 per household, so just get a sibling or parent do sign up? It's not like you need to present ID at the ticket office, but yeah, I'd recommend using a different office!

RE: Northern Rail - DanPicken - 14 Jan 2015

(13 Jan 2015, 7:06 am)northern156 I guess there will be one per paper. I don't know if you can get two copies of the same paper or whether it has to be on a different date - it has to be two in total anyway.

Two tokens get you up to four of these tickets - however the group MUST stay together, otherwise the ticket is invalid.

Does anyone want to do this as a group?

RE: Northern Rail - Adrian - 14 Jan 2015

(14 Jan 2015, 8:01 pm)danpick Does anyone want to do this as a group?

I wouldn't necessarily object, as long as people are reliable enough, and there's a good few interested? Obviously everyone would have to agree on where we'd be going too. Big Grin 

RE: Northern Rail - northern156 - 14 Jan 2015

I'm out I'm afraid. I'll be on early trains out and late trains into Carlisle.

RE: Northern Rail - MurdnunoC - 14 Jan 2015

Trouble on the Settle to Carlisle line.

http://www.itv.com/news/border/update/2015-01-14/workers-walkout-carlisle-settle-rail-line/

RE: Northern Rail - Y961 XBU - 15 Jan 2015

Has anyone got an Tokens yet? my attempt today failed as i could not find a single shop that Sold the Paper they where in...

RE: Northern Rail - northern156 - 15 Jan 2015

(14 Jan 2015, 10:15 pm)MurdnunoC Trouble on the Settle to Carlisle line.

http://www.itv.com/news/border/update/2015-01-14/workers-walkout-carlisle-settle-rail-line/

Not really related to Northern. The catering staff are Friends of the S&C, a community partnership that travel on Northern services over the line.

RE: Northern Rail - DanPicken - 15 Jan 2015

[quote pid='80550' dateline='1421284273']
Has anyone got an Tokens yet? my attempt today failed as i could not find a single shop that Sold the Paper they where in...
[/quote]

Nope there was none left when I went this evening.

RE: Northern Rail - Y961 XBU - 15 Jan 2015

(15 Jan 2015, 7:31 pm)danpick Nope there was none lest when I went this evening.

The paper mine was in is a weekly paper so am going to walk in the paper office tomoz and buy one

RE: Northern Rail - Adrian - 15 Jan 2015

@danpick - No tokens in the paper, or no papers left?

RE: Northern Rail - DanPicken - 16 Jan 2015

(15 Jan 2015, 9:39 pm)aureolin @danpick - No tokens in the paper, or no papers left?

No papers but got one today. Smile

RE: Northern Rail - DanPicken - 16 Jan 2015

(15 Jan 2015, 9:39 pm)aureolin @danpick - No tokens in the paper, or no papers left?

No papers but got one today. Smile

RE: Northern Rail - tyresmoke - 25 Jan 2015

Confirmation yesterday from Network Rail that the wiring of Liverpool - Manchester will not be finished until well into March now, delaying the introduction of Northern's 319's even further. At least it will give them enough time to have a number of units ready for introduction I guess.

RE: Northern Rail - Andreos1 - 26 Jan 2015

http://www.insidermedia.com/insider/north-east/131957-tees-valley-unlimited-pushing-ne-transport-improvements/

TVU push for electrification

RE: Northern Rail - Andreos1 - 28 Jan 2015

(28 Jan 2015, 8:37 pm)Adam Going back to the discussion about ex-London Tube stock replacing Pacers on Northern Rail routes:

http://www.focustransport2011.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/start-of-vivarail-d-train-project.html
Whilst visually, the interiors look smart, the shape of the train is still the same.
Meaning they will be as aerodynamic as a soggy cauliflower.

The winds of the Pennines and Durham Coast line may put these to the test.

RE: Northern Rail - DanPicken - 07 Feb 2015

Apparently U16 POP Cards aren't valid between Manors and Newcastle. The guard had the cheek to say if I wanted to go to Newcastle I would have to pay. Now I'm on the metro to Whitley Bay to get the 54.

RE: Northern Rail - Dan - 07 Feb 2015

(07 Feb 2015, 11:28 am)danpick Apparently U16 POP Cards aren't valid between Manors and Newcastle. The guard had the cheek to say if I wanted to go to Newcastle I would have to pay. Now I'm on the metro to Whitley Bay to get the 54.
They're valid all stops Sunderland - Blaydon

RE: Northern Rail - DanPicken - 07 Feb 2015

(07 Feb 2015, 11:33 am)Dan They're valid all stops Sunderland - Blaydon

When I said Manors is in Tyne and Wear he just said it's only between Newcastle and Sunderland so he couldn't even get that right. He also took 2 minutes to unlock the doors so there was these 2 boys one was laughing his head off at me and the other looked concerned.

RE: Northern Rail - BJ10VUS - 07 Feb 2015

(07 Feb 2015, 11:58 am)danpick When I said Manors is in Tyne and Wear he just said it's only between Newcastle and Sunderland so he couldn't even get that right. He also took 2 minutes to unlock the doors so there was these 2 boys one was laughing his head off at me and the other looked concerned.

While you're right, it is just Blaydon to Sunderland. Network One passes are also only valid between Blaydon and Sunderland too, provided you've got the zones to cover it. Strange that Manors to Newcastle isn't covered by any of the passes, despite being in Tyne and Wear, but then again, you could probably walk Manors to Central Station in about 10 minutes! Tongue

RE: Northern Rail - anvil1984 - 13 Feb 2015

(07 Feb 2015, 11:28 am)danpick Apparently U16 POP Cards aren't valid between Manors and Newcastle. The guard had the cheek to say if I wanted to go to Newcastle I would have to pay. Now I'm on the metro to Whitley Bay to get the 54.

As a guard for Northern Rail I assure you the guard did not have the cheek at all and was correct. If you would like to check Network One / Nexus publicity none of their tickets are valid Newcastle to Manors. This is due to Nexus not sponsoring services on that line (up to about 2 years ago Manors only had a couple services a day)

How to use your Under 16 Pop card On Metro, you must touch your Under 16 Pop card onto the orange reader on the Metro ticket machine to buy concessionary tickets. On buses, show the driver your pass when you buy your ticket. On the Shields Ferry, show the ferry operator your pass when you pay for the ticket. On Northern Rail trains between Newcastle and Sunderland and Newcastle and Metrocentre/Blaydon (NOTE NO MANORS), show your pass to the conductor when requested. Children must of course have their Under 16 Pop card with them when they travel, and available to be checked on request, to be entitled to pay these concessionary fares.