North East Buses
Go North East - Recent Repaints - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East - Recent Repaints (/showthread.php?tid=2556)

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - streetdeckfan - 26 Jun 2020

(26 Jun 2020, 2:29 pm)Storx For me it's something different personally and it's all about companies that make a big deal out of it like they're passionate and it's just a big political stunt which they even profiteer off in some cases but this year they've diverted it towards the NHS using the actual pride rainbow (GNE doesn't for reference here). Just to name a few:
  • M&S (Profittered last year with those weird sandwiches, now profiteering using NHS by donating 10% - Ethical my arse - uses 6 pride rainbow)
  • ASDA (Profittered with Gnomes)
  • Morrisons (It's for key workers, no mention of pride until later, uses 6 pride flag)
  • Iceland (NHS promotion, using 6 pride flag)
That's just supermarkets.

For those arguing over the rainbow flag:
The NHS flag / rainbow colours are: Red / Orange / Yellow / Green / Blue / Indigo / Violet <-- GNE uses this to be fair.
The Pride flag is: Red / Orange / Yellow / Green / Indigo / Violet

Anyone using the 2nd flag as their branding and mentioning Covid-19 / NHS or whatever else has blatently diverted their pride stuff to a cause with a 'bigger audience' and it's purely marketing especially if it involves profits.

The GNE one imo is just bad timing.

The ones above are the ones I'm talking about, purely a profiteering stunt and a real lack of interest in it. That's not every company don't worry - I know that.

That's the key thing right there, whether or not they have a real interest in it. The way I see it is if they put their logo on it, they've done it purely for the marketing. And to be totally honest, I'm fine with that.

It's when they half-arse it just to fit in I have an issue, whether it's adding a rainbow to the background of their Twitter, or changing their Avatar to a black square, or those identical statements everyone put out being saddened at the death of George Floyd (don't even get me started on that, I'd probably get banned)

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - tyresmoke - 26 Jun 2020

I've moved the last few posts into a new thread based around franchising here - https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=2582

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Michael - 27 Jun 2020

3943 is the next Red Arrow to get repainted, likely this will go in the 2019 fleet livery.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/50050161137/in/datetaken/ - Photo by Dan.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - ne14ne1 - 27 Jun 2020

(27 Jun 2020, 10:31 am)Michael 3943 is the next Red Arrow to get repainted, likely this will go in the 2019 fleet livery.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/50050161137/in/datetaken/ - Photo by Dan.

Ah the first Gemini 1 into the 2019 corporate livery.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Michael - 29 Jun 2020

5409 has had it "Red Kites" branding stripped according to the fleet allocation sheet, according to Bustimes.org its out today, on the 09:15am X31, which is due to arrive in Stanley at 9:53am.

Could be heading for a repaint soon, unless GNE are just de-branding them all until the "Red Arrow" B9's are done?

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - JP6004 - 29 Jun 2020

(29 Jun 2020, 8:44 am)Michael 5409 has had it "Red Kites" branding stripped according to the fleet allocation sheet, according to Bustimes.org its out today, on the 09:15am X31, which is due to arrive in Stanley at 9:53am.

Could be heading for a repaint soon, unless GNE are just de-branding them all until the "Red Arrow" B9's are done?
Well not long to go till new vehicles start to arrive, better to have them stripped instead of running around with branding on. I'd imagine will be a while until they all repainted

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - DH9 - 29 Jun 2020

That's just supermarkets.

For those arguing over the rainbow flag:
The NHS flag / rainbow colours are: Red / Orange / Yellow / Green / Blue / Indigo / Violet <-- GNE uses this to be fair.
The Pride flag is: Red / Orange / Yellow / Green / Indigo / Violet

Anyone using the 2nd flag as their branding and mentioning Covid-19 / NHS or whatever else has blatently diverted their pride stuff to a cause with a 'bigger audience' and it's purely marketing especially if it involves profits.

The GNE one imo is just bad timing.

The NHS colour scheme also happens to be the Quecha / Inca flag in South America. Blush

When I was out there some years ago, I remember a tourist saying Cuzco seemed to be the gayest city in South America until he was put in his place.

Go North East - Recent Repaints - TEN 6083 - 29 Jun 2020

[Image: 50058436306_824d8cb248_c.jpg]Go North East 6050 / NK12 GDE by kieron mathews, on Flickr

6050 has re-entered service today after it’s repaint

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

(29 Jun 2020, 8:44 am)Michael 5409 has had it "Red Kites" branding stripped according to the fleet allocation sheet, according to Bustimes.org its out today, on the 09:15am X31, which is due to arrive in Stanley at 9:53am.

5409: https://www.flickr.com/photos/27974644@N07/50057130573/ - photo by A&LSP8

Might need a repaint

5391 is now at Saltmeadows for repaint - a comment from Dan on the Busesnortheast Facebook page

Edit:

Reply from Dan:

PVR of X66 reduced to 3 buses from 1 June, from 4, as it no longer goes round the car parks (1A/1B cover the route as far as ASDA).

One of the X66 Streetlites (probably the one in Andrew's photo here) now covers a Misc Works run as there's nothing else to do with an X66 branded Streetlite, but now it's in for paint it gives a bit more flexibility to run on more frontline work, with an older bus allocated to Misc Works in its place.

Go North East - Recent Repaints - TEN 6083 - 29 Jun 2020

5275 is now In corporate livery, was parked inside Saltmeadows when I passed earlier, just needs vinyls applying so should be out later this week (hopefully)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Michael - 30 Jun 2020

With the AD122 starting on Saturday, will we see 635/636 get any work done to them before they head back to Hexham?

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - JP6004 - 30 Jun 2020

(30 Jun 2020, 10:59 am)Michael With the AD122 starting on Saturday, will we see 635/636 get any work done to them before they head back to Hexham?
Through the wash  Tongue

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - streetdeckfan - 30 Jun 2020

(29 Jun 2020, 7:31 pm)Michael 5391 is now at Saltmeadows for repaint - a comment from Dan on the Busesnortheast Facebook page

Edit:

Reply from Dan:

PVR of X66 reduced to 3 buses from 1 June, from 4, as it no longer goes round the car parks (1A/1B cover the route as far as ASDA).

One of the X66 Streetlites (probably the one in Andrew's photo here) now covers a Misc Works run as there's nothing else to do with an X66 branded Streetlite, but now it's in for paint it gives a bit more flexibility to run on more frontline work, with an older bus allocated to Misc Works in its place.

So do we know whether there'll still be a bus that continues to IKEA and round the Metrocentre post-COVID or has that part of the route been permanently axed?

(30 Jun 2020, 11:09 am)streetdeckfan So do we know whether there'll still be a bus that continues to IKEA and round the Metrocentre post-COVID or has that part of the route been permanently axed?

1A/1B is doing permanently doing that section of the route now.

(30 Jun 2020, 11:06 am)JP6004 Through the wash  Tongue

Tongue probs!

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - streetdeckfan - 30 Jun 2020

(30 Jun 2020, 11:12 am)Michael 1A/1B is doing permanently doing that section of the route now.

probs!
It only goes as far as Asda though, I'd imagine there is enough time for it to continue on to IKEA and go round the MetroCentre car parks if they were to start going that way again instead of turning around at the IKEA roundabout and going directly back to the interchange, it seemed to sit at ASDA for a long while before leaving.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

(29 Jun 2020, 7:31 pm)Michael 5391 is now at Saltmeadows for repaint - a comment from Dan on the Busesnortheast Facebook page

Edit:

Reply from Dan:

Does seem like they banging through the work, repainting 6050, 5213, 5214, 3943, 5391 in past 2 weeks and stripping the vinyls from 5309

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - LVK 404L - 30 Jun 2020

(30 Jun 2020, 11:39 am)streetdeckfan It only goes as far as Asda though, I'd imagine there is enough time for it to continue on to IKEA and go round the MetroCentre car parks if they were to start going that way again instead of turning around at the IKEA roundabout and going directly back to the interchange, it seemed to sit at ASDA for a long while before leaving.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Don't think the deckers would be suitable for the remainder of the route though would they?

(30 Jun 2020, 11:42 am)JP6004 Does seem like they banging through the work, repainting 6050, 5213, 5214, 3943, 5391 in past 2 weeks and stripping the vinyls from 5309

Ye defo, you can tell repaints are taking a priority now, ready for new buses.

I do hope they don't go ahead and strip the branding off the Red Kites because the way 5409 branding has came off, has left it looking patchy, it looks horrendous.

(30 Jun 2020, 1:48 pm)Michael Ye defo, you can tell repaints are taking a priority now, ready for new buses.

I do hope they don't go ahead and strip the branding off the Red Kites because the way 5409 branding has came off, has left it looking patchy, it looks horrendous.
Possibly why they not stripped all the branding from the 9. Now its gonna be race to see who will deliver first, wrightbus or ADL