North East Buses
Go North East - Recent Repaints - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East - Recent Repaints (/showthread.php?tid=2556)

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - big mac - 24 Jul 2020

(18 Jul 2020, 12:15 pm)S813 FVK Perhaps, but it gets rid of any reference to the X21's short lived 15 minute frequency between Durham and Newcastle.
So the 30 minute frequency on the X21 now is definitely permanent?

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Storx - 24 Jul 2020

(24 Jul 2020, 3:51 pm)big mac So the 30 minute frequency on the X21 now is definitely permanent?

It's still every 15 minutes / 20 minutes at peak times, was dead the rest of the time tbh.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - makem1 - 24 Jul 2020

(24 Jul 2020, 8:10 am)LeeCalder Fish with wings  Cool

probabbly designed by the bloke who did gentoo's in sunderland farting peguins

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - streetdeckfan - 24 Jul 2020

(22 Jul 2020, 7:07 pm)James101 I can’t be the only one to see the flying fish on 6331?

FFS, I can't unsee that now!

(24 Jul 2020, 4:22 pm)Storx It's still every 15 minutes / 20 minutes at peak times, was dead the rest of the time tbh.
Yes, it seemed like it. Was just wondering if the frequency reduction was due to covid and GNE were planning to go back to every 15 at some point, or whether they were going to cut the frequency anyway.

(24 Jul 2020, 3:51 pm)big mac So the 30 minute frequency on the X21 now is definitely permanent?

Hopefully not, I was sick of not being able to get a seat, even during non-peak times, because people were using it as an express 21!

It's alright for the people just travelling to Durham/CLS as they can take the 21 and get there a bit slower, but for people like me who travel further than Durham, it was a nightmare. That was the main reason I would go via Stanley instead

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Dan - 24 Jul 2020

(24 Jul 2020, 5:00 pm)streetdeckfan Hopefully not, I was sick of not being able to get a seat, even during non-peak times, because people were using it as an express 21!

It's alright for the people just travelling to Durham/CLS as they can take the 21 and get there a bit slower, but for people like me who travel further than Durham, it was a nightmare. That was the main reason I would go via Stanley instead

I seriously don't think you'll have to worry about buses being overcrowded for a long time. The bus industry won't recover from this for at least 3-4 years, I'd say.

(24 Jul 2020, 2:05 pm)ne14ne1 6332 is looking shiny, clean and bright lime green in the sun on the Saltmeadows forecourt at the moment.

It's sat there with a Red Kite branded streetlite which must be waiting to go in.

5410, 5411 and 5412 are all at Saltmeadows for repaint.

6332 is now back at Consett.

(24 Jul 2020, 5:10 pm)Dan I seriously don't think you'll have to worry about buses being overcrowded for a long time. The bus industry won't recover from this for at least 3-4 years, I'd say.

The definition of 'overcrowded' has somewhat changed recently though, before you would say a bus is overcrowded when there's no standing room left, now it's 'overcrowded' when you've hit 50% seated capacity.
That's a pretty big change!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if they're at 50% pre-COVID passenger numbers, and they're at 50% capacity on the vehicles, wouldn't that mean they're essentially back to 'normal' and overcrowding could become an issue?

I suppose it depends on how soon we get back to being able to have near enough full capacity back.

(24 Jul 2020, 5:17 pm)streetdeckfan The definition of 'overcrowded' has somewhat changed recently though, before you would say a bus is overcrowded when there's no standing room left, now it's 'overcrowded' when you've hit 50% seated capacity.
That's a pretty big change!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if they're at 50% pre-COVID passenger numbers, and they're at 50% capacity on the vehicles, wouldn't that mean they're essentially back to 'normal' and overcrowding could become an issue?

I suppose it depends on how soon we get back to being able to have near enough full capacity back.

Closer to 40% than 50% in terms of pre-COVID passenger numbers, but that's in total, spread across the whole day. The growth isn't necessarily during the peaks as a lot of office workers (despite the latest government advice) are still working from home.

(24 Jul 2020, 5:19 pm)Dan Closer to 40% than 50% in terms of pre-COVID passenger numbers, but that's in total, spread across the whole day. The growth isn't necessarily during the peaks as a lot of office workers (despite the latest government advice) are still working from home.

True, I forgot to point that out about it being spread over the whole day.
I'm guessing the routes that have the highest passenger numbers now completely different to the ones pre-COVID, with the more 'local' routes bouncing back compared to the X-Lines routes, or even the Angel

(24 Jul 2020, 5:00 pm)streetdeckfan Hopefully not, I was sick of not being able to get a seat, even during non-peak times, because people were using it as an express 21!

I was thinking a possible compromise might be an every 20 minute service on the X21 between Durham and Newcastle. Although that would lead to an uneven 20/40 minute split on the Durham-West Auckland section.

(24 Jul 2020, 6:19 pm)big mac I was thinking a possible compromise might be an every 20 minute service on the X21 between Durham and Newcastle.  Although that would lead to an uneven 20/40 minute split on the Durham-West Auckland section.

I personally wouldn't mind a 40 minute frequency, although I doubt they'd do that because it doesn't look as good on a leaflet!

(24 Jul 2020, 7:01 pm)streetdeckfan I personally wouldn't mind a 40 minute frequency, although I doubt they'd do that because it doesn't look as good on a leaflet!

Leaflet aside, it's a rubbish frequency for passengers to understand. This type of timetable has been done in the past and it leaves passengers confused as to when the bus is actually going to turn up.

Go North East - Recent Repaints - TEN 6083 - 24 Jul 2020

[Image: 50148735232_893c6a4be6_c.jpg]Go North East 8315 / NK10 GOH by kieron mathews, on Flickr

Back out in service after receiving an advertisement for Newcastle Helix

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - JP6004 - 24 Jul 2020

(24 Jul 2020, 5:11 pm)Dan 5410, 5411 and 5412 are all at Saltmeadows for repaint.

6332 is now back at Consett.
They seem to be bashing them out. Well done

(24 Jul 2020, 7:42 pm)TEN 6083 [Image: 50148735232_893c6a4be6_c.jpg]Go North East 8315 / NK10 GOH by kieron mathews, on Flickr

Back out in service after receiving an advertisement for Newcastle Helix

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I feel like the fact they left the front yellow ruins it.
About on par with the abomination that was 6069!

(24 Jul 2020, 7:49 pm)JP6004 They seem to be bashing them out. Well done

Making good use of company time! Wink

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - JP6004 - 24 Jul 2020

(24 Jul 2020, 8:24 pm)streetdeckfan I feel like the fact they left the front yellow ruins it.

Making good use of company time! Wink
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(24 Jul 2020, 8:30 pm)JP6004 Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

You walked right into that one like!

(24 Jul 2020, 8:24 pm)streetdeckfan I feel like the fact they left the front yellow ruins it.

Difference being that this one generates guaranteed revenue!