North East Buses
Go North East - Recent Repaints - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East - Recent Repaints (/showthread.php?tid=2556)

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Michael - 21 Jan 2021

(21 Jan 2021, 8:19 pm)V514DFT Pink,thats odd

If it is a Connections Citaro... could be a rebrand which links it to the Indigo Washington... like the X-Lines linking to certain local services.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Michael - 22 Jan 2021

(22 Jan 2021, 6:56 pm)citaro5284 New colours for Washington.....

https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/1352691403151831040?s=20

Look good, I see there's also another Citaro going to be branded up for the Centre of Life vaccine centre as a shuttle service.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - S813 FVK - 22 Jan 2021

(22 Jan 2021, 7:03 pm)Michael Look good, I see there's also another Citaro going to be branded up for the Centre of Life but I can't read the writing, sure it mentions the 56.

Not the Centre for Life - just branding for an upcoming shuttle service to assist with diversions, with the promotion of serving Sunderland's Nightingale Hospital.

Screenshot attached. Can't help with the fading unfortunately.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Michael - 22 Jan 2021

(22 Jan 2021, 7:05 pm)S813 FVK Not the Centre for Life - just branding for an upcoming shuttle service to assist with diversions, with the promotion of serving Sunderland's Nightingale Hospital.

Screenshot attached. Can't help with the fading unfortunately.

Ah thanks, I couldn't read it

That's good, looking forward to seeing all 3 brands out and about... when we can go out.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - citaro5284 - 22 Jan 2021

New colours for Washington....

https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/1352694408873971716?s=20

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - JP6004 - 22 Jan 2021

(22 Jan 2021, 7:09 pm)citaro5284 New colours for Washington....

The pinks look nice tbf, however the 4 looks horrendous. Very disappointing and sickly looking.

Seems like they couldn't be arsed with washy services so just through an 80s tracksuit on it

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - citaro5284 - 22 Jan 2021

(22 Jan 2021, 7:34 pm)JP6004 The pinks look nice tbf, however the 4 looks horrendous. Very disappointing and sickly looking.

Seems like they couldn't be arsed with washy services so just through an 80s tracksuit on it

Pink and blue seems to be the in colour on Citaro vehicles...Uno and GNW.

Just waiting for our resident livery critic to give it the once over

(22 Jan 2021, 7:37 pm)citaro5284 Pink and blue seems to be the in colour on Citaro vehicles...Uno and GNW.

Just because someone else had the idea, does t make it a good one

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - streetdeckfan - 22 Jan 2021

(22 Jan 2021, 7:34 pm)JP6004 The pinks look nice tbf, however the 4 looks horrendous. Very disappointing and sickly looking.

Totally agree, although I'm not a big fan of the 'little pinks' name (where's the big pinks?)

(22 Jan 2021, 7:37 pm)citaro5284 Pink and blue seems to be the in colour on Citaro vehicles...Uno and GNW.

It looks bloody vile. Looks like someone took a photo of the corporate livery with the wrong white balance. Maybe it's nicer in person, but I'm not a fan

(22 Jan 2021, 8:25 pm)streetdeckfan Totally agree, although I'm not a big fan of the 'little pinks' name (where's the big pinks?)
Wouldnt you like to know  Tongue

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - mb134 - 22 Jan 2021

(22 Jan 2021, 8:25 pm)streetdeckfan Totally agree, although I'm not a big fan of the 'little pinks' name (where's the big pinks?)

All the Elite's we've seen pictured so far have really just been elaborate photoshops. The X9/X10 is being rebranded as the Pink Panther, all interior trim has been sprayed pink and iPods with P!nk's entire library on them have been superglued into the entertainment system of each coach. Drivers have all been supplied with Pink Panther costumes and must communicate in French with all passengers.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - streetdeckfan - 23 Jan 2021

(22 Jan 2021, 10:31 pm)JP6004 Wouldnt you like to know  Tongue

I manged to resist making that joke

(22 Jan 2021, 10:58 pm)mb134 All the Elite's we've seen pictured so far have really just been elaborate photoshops. The X9/X10 is being rebranded as the Pink Panther, all interior trim has been sprayed pink and iPods with P!nk's entire library on them have been superglued into the entertainment system of each coach. Drivers have all been supplied with Pink Panther costumes and must communicate in French with all passengers.

Ngl, that sounds great.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Michael - 23 Jan 2021

On the newsletter it says:

Red for Sunderland and South Tyneside alongside purple for Peterlee (as we already know) - I wonder if this means we'll be saying a red local livery for those areas?

Looks like different colours for certain area's, back to good old days, of Wear Buses etc

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - GNE6312 - 23 Jan 2021

(23 Jan 2021, 10:43 am)Michael On the newsletter it says:

Red for Sunderland and South Tyneside alongside purple for Peterlee (as we already know) - I wonder if this means we'll be saying a red local livery for those areas?

Looks like different colours for certain area's, back to good old days, of Wear Buses etc
And of course North Tyneside is blue

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Michael - 23 Jan 2021

(23 Jan 2021, 11:35 am)GNE6312 And of course North Tyneside is blue

Ye, couldn't be bothered to name them all Tongue Tongue

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Drifter60 - 23 Jan 2021

(23 Jan 2021, 10:43 am)Michael On the newsletter it says:

This concept of linking colours is never going to work in practice. Chester-Le-Street, Durham & Newcastle aren’t mentioned in that newsletter; what colour are they? Also QuayCity being treated as standalone service above all others is bizarre. I’ve heard the rationale but I’m not agreeing sorry. 

Buses travel around, the Coaster is a blue bus (for North Tyneside) but it ends up at the MetroCentre; but Gateshead is Green? 
The number 2 is Black Cats (Red) - but it’s just as much a Washington local service past Penshaw just as much as it is a local Sunderland bus; so why isn’t it pink? 
Does the Drifter 60 become a purple bus (linking into the minibus network for Peterlee/Seaham) but it ends up at Sunderland which is ‘red’. 

Creating a nice colour scheme for area sounds good, but that’s all it is, just sounds good. Doesn’t work in practice. Better off have a few core brands that sit above a ‘key services’ branded individually keeping the road stripes to tie everything in. Then other buses are corporate services or where appropriate join the ‘mini bus’ local brands.

RE: Ne14ne1 - Malarkey - 23 Jan 2021

(20 Jan 2021, 7:54 pm)streetdeckfan It's something I've noticed with a few of GNE's liveries recently, they (Worst Impressions assumedly) seem to love making things really hard to read.

Here is my shot of 6090 and I think the branding is quite easy to read - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/50867752707/in/dateposted-public/

My only issue is the layout of via points, I think these should be kept uniform and in the same format layout as the X-Lines branded vehicles, other than that I quite like it, looks much better in person.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Storx - 23 Jan 2021

(23 Jan 2021, 7:56 pm)Drifter60 This concept of linking colours is never going to work in practice. Chester-Le-Street, Durham & Newcastle aren’t mentioned in that newsletter; what colour are they? Also QuayCity being treated as standalone service above all others is bizarre. I’ve heard the rationale but I’m not agreeing sorry. 

Buses travel around, the Coaster is a blue bus (for North Tyneside) but it ends up at the MetroCentre; but Gateshead is Green? 
The number 2 is Black Cats (Red) - but it’s just as much a Washington local service past Penshaw just as much as it is a local Sunderland bus; so why isn’t it pink? 
Does the Drifter 60 become a purple bus (linking into the minibus network for Peterlee/Seaham) but it ends up at Sunderland which is ‘red’. 

Creating a nice colour scheme for area sounds good, but that’s all it is, just sounds good. Doesn’t work in practice. Better off have a few core brands that sit above a ‘key services’ branded individually keeping the road stripes to tie everything in. Then other buses are corporate services or where appropriate join the ‘mini bus’ local brands.

Have to agree with this tbh, like they say Gateshead is green and Hexham is orange; yet the 56 which serves Gateshead and Sunderland is painted in Orange..? I also thought the point was to stop painting stupid colours for the sake of it yet we're starting again with 'Little Pinks' etc which means nothing to no-one.

Also if Gateshead is green then why are the green X-Lines in Consett, why is the Pink X-Lines between Durham and Sunderland yet the red X-Lines which is 'supposedly' Sunderland in Washington.

Then on top of that Blue is in North Tyneside so the 4 in Washington is painted with blue at the back. Total mess and at the end of the day no-one excluding enthusiasts will pick it up anyway so it's totally pointless.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Andreos1 - 23 Jan 2021

(23 Jan 2021, 7:56 pm)Drifter60 This concept of linking colours is never going to work in practice. Chester-Le-Street, Durham & Newcastle aren’t mentioned in that newsletter; what colour are they? Also QuayCity being treated as standalone service above all others is bizarre. I’ve heard the rationale but I’m not agreeing sorry. 

(23 Jan 2021, 8:53 pm)Storx Have to agree with this tbh, like they say Gateshead is green and Hexham is orange; yet the 56 which serves Gateshead and Sunderland is painted in Orange..? I also thought the point was to stop painting stupid colours for the sake of it yet we're starting again with 'Little Pinks' etc which means nothing to no-one.

Also if Gateshead is green then why are the green X-Lines in Consett, why is the Pink X-Lines between Durham and Sunderland yet the red X-Lines which is 'supposedly' Sunderland in Washington.

Then on top of that Blue is in North Tyneside so the 4 in Washington is painted with blue at the back. Total mess and at the end of the day no-one excluding enthusiasts will pick it up anyway so it's totally pointless.

I'd 'like' these posts, but the function seems to have been removed, so I'll have to comment instead.

Totally agree with the points raised here. 
Can understand some of the rational behind the painting, but then you have the orange 56, the green 78... Then the blue 60 which doesn't go anywhere near whatever area 'blue' is.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - mb134 - 24 Jan 2021

(22 Jan 2021, 7:09 pm)citaro5284 New colours for Washington....

The livery on the Citaro is very smart imo, good to see the branding continue to be streamlined into one style with the stripes at the rear. Makes the Quaycity stand out as the odd one out a bit more though, obviously Voltra too but there seemed to be more logic behind that one with them being electric.

Share some concern with those later on in the thread about the Little Pinks seeming like branding for the sake of branding, personal opinion mind but I still think for instances such as those a corporate livery with sub-branding would more than suffice.