North East Buses
Go North East - Recent Repaints - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East - Recent Repaints (/showthread.php?tid=2556)

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - ASX_Terranova - 12 Feb 2021

(12 Feb 2021, 11:29 am)streetdeckfan What software do you use?

I don't currently have any software but I want to start doing designs. Any suggestions?

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - streetdeckfan - 12 Feb 2021

(12 Feb 2021, 11:50 am)ASX_Terranova I don't currently have any software but I want to start doing designs. Any suggestions?

If you have no plans to do it professionally, I'd suggest either Inkscape or Affinity Designer, if you want to get into it professionally, Adobe Illustrator is the standard, albeit extortionately expensive.

Inkscape is free and open source, but a bit more complicated to use
Affinity Designer is pretty easy, but it's paid for. However, it's on sale for £24 which I think is a bargain for what it offers.

I use all three, depending on what mood I'm in, but my go to at the minute is Affinity Designer (they also do their own version of Photoshop and Indesign, I still prefer Photoshop for my image editing, but I really like Affinity Publisher)

If you're the type of person that is willing to pay for software, I'd definitely say give Affinity Designer a shot, they have a free trial, and to buy the software outright at the minute is basically the same as Adobe charges per month!
If you're not, get Inkscape, it's been out forever and basically hasn't changed so there's 1000s to tutorials online, that's how I learned how to use it. 

Maybe Dan can move this to a different thread?

RE: Ne14ne1 - Storx - 12 Feb 2021

(12 Feb 2021, 9:41 am)ne14ne1 ...so then Coaster is a pointless name if that’s the case.

As Omnicity said it's more about that it serves the Coast between Whitley and N. Shields and that's fine. I wouldn't promote it as the bus that goes there though ie with link as it'll end up with some rather angry customers when they board the 'coast link' service at the Metro Centre and realise it takes over an hour and a half to get to the Coast.

Then again I don't really see the point why it's all one route anyway as I can't imagine there's many customers travelling from Byker south of the water or Bensham east of Newcastle as it's too long and horseshoes the Western side of the route so it's just suspectible to delays for little customer benefit. The old route did make sense though.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - MichealAaron - 12 Feb 2021

What about rebranded it to Coaster Connect and give it a 2021 look

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - logidoodah - 12 Feb 2021

(12 Feb 2021, 12:28 pm)MichealAaron What about rebranded it to Coaster Connect and give it a 2021 look

Good idea

RE: Ne14ne1 - ne14ne1 - 12 Feb 2021

(12 Feb 2021, 9:55 am)omnicity4659 Coaster serves the coastal area, and links places between Newcastle and Whitley Bay which aren't served as well by Metro which must be the parts of the route that GNE wish to market. 

Nobody had these issues for the X18 showing "Explore Coast and Castles" on the side despite it not serving Newcastle Castle, nor is Morpeth & Newcastle by the coast! Most journeys aren't end-to-end but obviously the operators want to market the parts of the route which are the most attractive to customers (in the case of the X18, along the coast).

(12 Feb 2021, 12:23 pm)Storx As Omnicity said it's more about that it serves the Coast between Whitley and N. Shields and that's fine. I wouldn't promote it as the bus that goes there though ie with link as it'll end up with some rather angry customers when they board the 'coast link' service at the Metro Centre and realise it takes over an hour and a half to get to the Coast.

Then again I don't really see the point why it's all one route anyway as I can't imagine there's many customers travelling from Byker south of the water or Bensham east of Newcastle as it's too long and horseshoes the Western side of the route so it's just suspectible to delays for little customer benefit. The old route did make sense though.

Yes I know I suggested CoastLink or CoastLine if you were wanting to update the brand. It was Storx who said  no-one would use it to go to the Coast 

RE: Ne14ne1 - Ambassador - 12 Feb 2021

(12 Feb 2021, 9:55 am)omnicity4659 Coaster serves the coastal area, and links places between Newcastle and Whitley Bay which aren't served as well by Metro which must be the parts of the route that GNE wish to market. 

Nobody had these issues for the X18 showing "Explore Coast and Castles" on the side despite it not serving Newcastle Castle, nor is Morpeth & Newcastle by the coast! Most journeys aren't end-to-end but obviously the operators want to market the parts of the route which are the most attractive to customers (in the case of the X18, along the coast).

What? The X18 literally serves about 5 castles! Including the one in Morpeth  Huh Why do you think it’s referring to Newcastle Keep?

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - BeachBoy99 - 13 Feb 2021

(12 Feb 2021, 10:42 am)ASX_Terranova Not sure if this is the right thread but does anyone have a solo, citaro, streetlite or omnicity graphic that i can edit on a PC. I want to try some fictional repaints baaed on my own service suggestions.

I've got the StreetLite, OmniCity and Citaro files if you'd like them?

RE: Ne14ne1 - omnicity4659 - 13 Feb 2021

(12 Feb 2021, 12:54 pm)Ambassador What? The X18 literally serves about 5 castles! Including the one in Morpeth  Huh Why do you think it’s referring to Newcastle Keep?

I used it as a counter-argument about the use of the Coaster brand in Gateshead. The X18 serves multiple passenger flows, the same as the Coaster, where they don't match up with what the brand advertises.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Michael - 13 Feb 2021

Looking at Snakebites latest photos, it looks like at least 3 Connections 4 Citaro's are now rebranded:

5358 - https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/50936133226/in/dateposted/
5359 - https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/50935445518/in/dateposted/
5361 - https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/50935443478/in/dateposted/

------

Also spotted Dan's reply to someone asking about the Prince Bishops getting a repaint -

As the Prince Bishops are now approaching five years old, it’s likely we will be thinking about these over the next year or two. Everything will get its turn.

https://twitter.com/Kian2Kian1/status/1359967574075834370

Please keep the same name.... it works so well.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Drifter60 - 13 Feb 2021

(11 Feb 2021, 2:50 pm)streetdeckfan [Image: Et8qlRqXcAIgycu?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
https://twitter.com/Dan3942/status/1359859455601631232

5358 has received the new 'Connections4' livery.
Very predictable, probably took them all of 4 seconds to design!

What's really bothering me is the fact the Connections4 logo on the front and side are different, the text on the side appears to be stretched, whereas the text on the front is not.

I'm sure I'll find even more to complain about once there's more pictures up!

Just like CityRider brand you can’t read the full brand name easily. 4 stands out, but ‘connections’ is not going to be easily spotted. It’ll just be the ‘4’.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - logidoodah - 13 Feb 2021

(13 Feb 2021, 12:53 pm)Drifter60 Just like CityRider brand you can’t read the full brand name easily. 4 stands out, but ‘connections’ is not going to be easily spotted. It’ll just be the ‘4’.

It may be just the photo though, I know people said this about CityRider and then turned out to be ok (obvs not greatly standing out, but easy enough to read.).

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - MichealAaron - 18 Feb 2021

I think that the Coaster needs a fresh look. Plus the seats on the Cobalt & Coast and Coaster could be changed

Ne14ne1 - ne14ne1 - 18 Feb 2021

(18 Feb 2021, 10:35 pm)MichealAaron I think that the Coaster needs a fresh look. Plus the seats on the Cobalt & Coast and Coaster could be changed

Cobalt & Coast just got refurbished! Plenty of higher priorities to spend money on before even thinking of doing that.

Coaster does need to be brought into the current house style however, I agree with you there. Maybe it’ll get done once the hybrid conversation works take place.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Acky81 - 19 Feb 2021

60 has new cart rail every 12 mins yet the BACK of the bus is advertising surf the net to Sunderland every 10 mins 5376 and I noticed the BACK of destination is buggered

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Adtrainsam - 19 Feb 2021

(19 Feb 2021, 12:18 am)Acky81 60 has new cart rail every 12 mins yet the BACK of the bus is advertising surf the net to Sunderland every 10 mins 5376 and I noticed the BACK of destination is buggered
I think it's definitely time to give the 60 a refurb/refresh. The majority of other places have had at least 1 or 2 rebrands/refurbishments whereas poor old Sunderland hasn't got any, except from the very recent CityRider 56 update. If it wasn't for COVID, I'd have thought, they'd order new vehicles for the 60. It's a busy route after all.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - NewcastleOne - 19 Feb 2021

(19 Feb 2021, 1:21 pm)Adtrainsam I think it's definitely time to give the 60 a refurb/refresh. The majority of other places have had at least 1 or 2 rebrands/refurbishments whereas poor old Sunderland hasn't got any, except from the very recent CityRider 56 update. If it wasn't for COVID, I'd have thought, they'd order new vehicles for the 60. It's a busy route after all.
I think the rebrands are being grouped. Example Washington (Little pinks, Connections 4 and Cityrider) are all being done together as part of a network. Same with Consett and Percy Main services with some services such as Coaster and Durham diamond being left but are newer brands from 2016/2017 and as such probably not commercially viable for repaint due to not being that old.

Ne14ne1 - ne14ne1 - 23 Feb 2021

Please could someone remind me why there’s still Toonlink livered vehicles knocking around? How come they haven’t been repainted?
https://flic.kr/p/2kErqMd

RE: Ne14ne1 - MichealAaron - 23 Feb 2021

(23 Feb 2021, 9:59 pm)ne14ne1 Please could someone remind me why there’s still Toonlink livered vehicles knocking around? How come they haven’t been repainted?
Don't think there is plan to paint them. 6154 only got painted 2019 due to a crash

Go North East - Recent Repaints - Dan - 23 Feb 2021

(23 Feb 2021, 9:59 pm)ne14ne1 Please could someone remind me why there’s still Toonlink livered vehicles knocking around? How come they haven’t been repainted?

Why is it the end of the world? It’s a generic brand for services going into Newcastle.

I’m struggling to see why it’s such a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk