North East Buses
Go North East - Recent Repaints - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East - Recent Repaints (/showthread.php?tid=2556)

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - streetdeckfan - 26 May 2021

(26 May 2021, 6:49 pm)GNE6312 Now that intu don't own metrocentre are the X66 streetlites getting repainted?

IIRC, they're working with the new owners to come up with a new livery for them.
Although, having seen Metrocentre's new logo, I'd guess they aren't really that interested!

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - V514DFT - 26 May 2021

Bloody hell,use punctuation,that post is a right mouthful

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Micheal Aaron - 26 May 2021

(26 May 2021, 8:21 pm)streetdeckfan IIRC, they're working with the new owners to come up with a new livery for them.
Although, having seen Metrocentre's new logo, I'd guess they aren't really that interested!
I doubt the intu buses will be debrand. There's only 3 left in the intu. Tbh they should even change the buses. Citaros probably as I was on one the other day. Was a nice ride compared to the StreetLite. Also has NSA

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - OrangeArrow49 - 26 May 2021

(26 May 2021, 8:33 pm)Micheal Aaron I doubt the intu buses will be debrand. There's only 3 left in the intu. Tbh they should even change the buses. Citaros probably as I was on one the other day. Was a nice ride compared to the StreetLite. Also has NSA

NSA isn't really important on the X66, as it just links Gateshead Interchange and the Metrocentre. Likewise it doesn't matter what bus type is on it. A rebrand for the new owners seems like a sensible idea.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - GNE6312 - 26 May 2021

I was thinking of using the brand X-lines shuttle for the X66 or even metro shuttle (of course that'll be after the MS vaccination bus is done also a good idea might be getting new buses such as the new single decker streetdeck seeing as that seems like it had more seats than a streetdeck abd with the X66 it's the more seats the better

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - streetdeckfan - 26 May 2021

(26 May 2021, 8:33 pm)Micheal Aaron I doubt the intu buses will be debrand. There's only 3 left in the intu. Tbh they should even change the buses. Citaros probably as I was on one the other day. Was a nice ride compared to the StreetLite. Also has NSA

Weren't the StreetLites for the X66 purposely ordered without NSA and with lower spec seats than the rest of the StreetLites in the batch?

(26 May 2021, 8:47 pm)GNE6312 I was thinking of using the brand X-lines shuttle for the X66 or even metro shuttle (of course that'll be after the MS vaccination bus is done also a good idea might be getting new buses such as the new single decker streetdeck seeing as that seems like it had more seats than a streetdeck abd with the X66 it's the more seats the better

I think they should bring back Centre Link, but with a more modern livery.

(26 May 2021, 8:49 pm)streetdeckfan

I think they should bring back Centre Link, but with a more modern livery.
Somehow forgot about that but now that I think of it it would look quite good especially if they do it in the voltra/Quay city style

Ne14ne1 - ne14ne1 - 26 May 2021

(26 May 2021, 8:47 pm)OrangeArrow49 NSA isn't really important on the X66, as it just links Gateshead Interchange and the Metrocentre. 

NSA is certainly important to blind and partially sighted people, among others too. It confirms if they’ve gotten on the right service, if they’re heading in the right direction, and announces upcoming stops. The X66 has a few intermediate stop doesn’t it? If so I’m sure blind and partially sighted passengers would find it helpful to know where they are so they know when to get off - they may not be heading to the end of the route.

If they can afford to commission an agency to continually come up with ‘brands’ and liveries, and repaint vehicles regularly, and spec interiors to include unnecessary things like under seat lighting and tables with LED strips around them, then you’d damn well hope NSAs would make the priority list too to make the service accessible to all.

RE: Ne14ne1 - S813 FVK - 26 May 2021

(26 May 2021, 9:03 pm)ne14ne1 If they can afford to commission an agency to continually come up with ‘brands’ and liveries, and repaint vehicles regularly, and spec interiors to include unnecessary things like under seat lighting and tables with LED strips around them, then you’d damn well hope NSAs would make the priority list too to make the service accessible to all.

Given they've only just recently fitted NSA systems to the ex-Saltwell Streetlites and London B9s, we can probably conclude that NSAs are on a form of 'priority' list, regardless of whether it was right or wrong that the X66 Streetlites were ordered without them.

RE: Ne14ne1 - OrangeArrow49 - 26 May 2021

(26 May 2021, 9:03 pm)ne14ne1 NSA is certainly important to blind and partially sighted people, among others too. It confirms if they’ve gotten on the right service, if they’re heading in the right direction, and announces upcoming stops. The X66 has a few intermediate stop doesn’t it? If so I’m sure blind and partially sighted passengers would find it helpful to know where they are so they know when to get off - they may not be heading to the end of the route.

If they can afford to commission an agency to continually come up with ‘brands’ and liveries, and repaint vehicles regularly, and spec interiors to include unnecessary things like under seat lighting and tables with LED strips around them, then you’d damn well hope NSAs would make the priority list too to make the service accessible to all.

I fully understand the importance of NSAs, and sometimes like them, and they have been useful to me in the past. But when you regularly use the same few services and get familiar with the places, they seem repetitive and just noise on an otherwise quiet ride. People have managed this long without them. Regardless, I only meant NSAs are not really important on the X66 compared to other longer services, like the 42/A and 74 should be more of a priority than shorter journeys like the X66. Very short, limited stop type services don't really need announcements, the driver is able to confirm the service and direction. Stagecoach don't have NSAs on the majority of their services, which is a shame.

Ne14ne1 - ne14ne1 - 26 May 2021

(26 May 2021, 9:25 pm)OrangeArrow49 I fully understand the importance of NSAs, and sometimes like them, and they have been useful to me in the past. But when you regularly use the same few services and get familiar with the places, they seem repetitive and just noise on an otherwise quiet ride. People have managed this long without them. Regardless, I only meant NSAs are not really important on the X66 compared to other longer services, like the 42/A and 74 should be more of a priority than shorter journeys like the X66. Very short, limited stop type services don't really need announcements, the driver is able to confirm the service and direction. Stagecoach don't have NSAs on the majority of their services, which is a shame.

Unbelievable. 
People haven’t managed this long without them! Many blind or partially sighted people just haven’t felt enabled to use public transport independently without such aids.

Anyway, back to repaints.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Micheal Aaron - 26 May 2021

Tbh the Metro Shuttle Versas should be put on the X66 with a third one branded metro Shuttle. They have the name Metro Shuttle anyway as that's what the X66 is. Its a Shuttle which links Metrocentre to Gateshead. Being easy as they already have NSA and they only have to debrand part of it and just leave the name on

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Jimmi - 26 May 2021

(26 May 2021, 9:34 pm)Micheal Aaron Tbh the Metro Shuttle Versas should be put on the X66 with a third one branded metro Shuttle. They have the name Metro Shuttle anyway as that's what the X66 is. Its a Shuttle which links Metrocentre to Gateshead. Being easy as they already have NSA and they only have to debrand part of it and just leave the name on
They only seat about 39 passengers so not particularly an ideal allocation for the X66

Optare versa V1210s (like 11322/3 at borders buses and the ones rural link used to use on the Wooler services when they ran them ) would be ideal for the X66

RE: Ne14ne1 - OrangeArrow49 - 26 May 2021

(26 May 2021, 9:30 pm)ne14ne1 Unbelievable. 
People haven’t managed this long without them! Many blind or partially sighted people just haven’t felt enabled to use public transport independently without such aids.

Anyway, back to repaints.

Fair point actually, it really is sad that public transport hasn't been accessible for some people for so long, and continues to fall short. Individual NSAs would be perfect, so not everyone has to listen to all of the announcements. Honestly, NSAs have been useful to me and I've always understood their importance.

Buses having key destinations on the side helps too. For example I use the X84/X85 to and from Denton Burn, and the old Scania had Denton Burn on the side, but the new buses don't. Accessiblity comes in many forms.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - transportintyneandwear - 04 Jun 2021

6064 is being repainted at Saltmeadows. 2019 livery but with dark blue at the back and light blue at the front. I think it's a new Coaster livery. Also I think it has the new red seats.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Michael - 10 Jun 2021

6064 is out today according to the GNE tracker.... currently on the 1A.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Micheal Aaron - 10 Jun 2021

Hopefully it is. Isn't it in 2019 corp now

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Micheal Aaron - 10 Jun 2021

I can now confirm 6064 is on the road. Sounds absolutely amazing. Yes its in 2019 corp and had new seats

https://flic.kr/p/2m4H6ZC

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Micheal Aaron - 11 Jun 2021

Seems like a stupid question. But what is 6064 now. Cause it ain't a Volvo B5LH anymore