North East Buses
Incorrect route branding on social media - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Incorrect route branding on social media (/showthread.php?tid=2603)

Incorrect route branding on social media - streetdeckfan - 10 Jul 2020

I think someone missed the memo about the branding change 5 years ago...

.jpg
Screenshot_20200710-165938.jpg
Size: 274.21 KB / Downloads: 110

RE: Post on Twitter - Highwayman 97 - lxbical - 17 Jul 2020

I think they just copy a template, must of got it wrong. If its automated,  Big Grin

RE: Incorrect route branding on social media - streetdeckfan - 19 Jul 2020

Not only did they get the route branding wrong, they managed to spell it wrong as well!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9474]

RE: Incorrect route branding on social media - mb134 - 19 Jul 2020

(19 Jul 2020, 5:37 pm)streetdeckfan Not only did they get the route branding wrong, they managed to spell it wrong as well!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9474]

Not sure on the GNE media setup on a weekend, but at this time on a Sunday I think it's probably fair to assume that has been typed in a hurry by someone who has to now go and sort out a replacement vehicle, and arrange recovery of something from Middlesbrough?

RE: Incorrect route branding on social media - deanmachine - 19 Jul 2020

(19 Jul 2020, 5:41 pm)mb134 Not sure on the GNE media setup on a weekend, but at this time on a Sunday I think it's probably fair to assume that has been typed in a hurry by someone who has to now go and sort out a replacement vehicle, and arrange recovery of something from Middlesbrough?

X10E is probably the destination code for the evening X10 that serves both routes, it'll probably be called X10E in the system if it's an automated tweet, as it might be X10E on the ticket machine too.

RE: Incorrect route branding on social media - mb134 - 19 Jul 2020

(19 Jul 2020, 5:54 pm)deanmachine X10E is probably the destination code for the evening X10 that serves both routes, it'll probably be called X10E in the system if it's an automated tweet, as it might be X10E on the ticket machine too.

Was more for the "Tyne Tess" typo that Streetdeckfan was pointing out. Would, like you say, assume X10E is a reference used either within GNEs systems, or the ticket machines.

RE: Incorrect route branding on social media - streetdeckfan - 19 Jul 2020

(19 Jul 2020, 6:03 pm)mb134 Was more for the "Tyne Tess" typo that Streetdeckfan was pointing out. Would, like you say, assume X10E is a reference used either within GNEs systems, or the ticket machines.

Yeah, we had the X21E when it went via Durham University so tbh I never even noticed it said X10E!

RE: Incorrect route branding on social media - JP6004 - 19 Jul 2020

(19 Jul 2020, 6:28 pm)streetdeckfan Yeah, we had the X21E when it went via Durham University so tbh I never even noticed it said X10E!
And the weekday evening X1E that went via Rainton