North East Buses
Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off-topic bus chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Bus Related Outings and Reviews (/showthread.php?tid=307)

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Jimmi - 03 Mar 2015

I hate going in Aldi especially the first time I went in to see if they had any cheap drinks that I wanted but they didn't and I ended up buying nothing and I couldn't get out because the gap by the check out was blocked and you could only leave through the doors by the checkouts so I had to wait until people came in the shop to leave.

Some of the food is quite nice.

My Aldi was opened by the woman from the advert that goes "I don't like tea, I like gin"

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Michael - 03 Mar 2015

(03 Mar 2015, 6:27 pm)Tom Jaffa Cakes are disgusting in my opinion! Can't stand them.

=0 but you haven't had Lidl's! haha 

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - MrFozz - 03 Mar 2015

(03 Mar 2015, 6:15 pm)leestransportphotos You don't get the joke
Have you managed to convince Davie to goto Durbam yet...I told you what to do, give him a spiked glass of milk and drag him there

In the style of Mr T

I ain't going to Durham...Fool Big Grin

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Adrian - 03 Mar 2015

(03 Mar 2015, 6:05 pm)MarcTheA4 The MetroCentre suits our needs, and is only 20-odd minutes from Chester-le-Street if the traffic isn't bad.

Also, my mam tends to do all of her shopping at Marks & Spencer at the Arnison Centre anyway.

I'd be asking her to double that £50.00 a month, if she can afford to do her weekly shop at M&S! 

Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 03 Mar 2015

(03 Mar 2015, 9:06 pm)aureolin I'd be asking her to double that £50.00 a month, if she can afford to do her weekly shop at M&S! 

She's eccentric, make 2-3 visits a week to 'get a bit more wine' or 'buy a few more of the meal deals'...Wink

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Jimmi - 03 Mar 2015

Feeling ill, now thinking of doing tomorrow's outing on Saturday.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Michael - 03 Mar 2015

(03 Mar 2015, 10:59 pm)Adam I'm popping into Lidl tomorrow. May have to get the Jaffa Cakes as well. Haven't had any in ages.

I think they're 89p, best jaffa cakes you will have.

(03 Mar 2015, 11:01 pm)Michael I think they're 89p, best jaffa cakes you will have.
I will always prefer McVities Jaffa Cakes and Tesco Value Jaffa Cakes are divine as well...Gonna pop to Lidl tomorrow, get some Jaffa Cakes, then tell you if there nice or not Big Grin

BTW...Are they Cakes or Biscuits Big Grin

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Andreos1 - 03 Mar 2015

(03 Mar 2015, 11:08 pm)Adam Definitely cakes. When past their best, biscuits go soft, whilst cakes go hard. Jaffa Cakes do go hard after a while Smile

That was the logic a judge used in a court case to decide whether VAT should be applied to them a few years ago.

Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 03 Mar 2015

(03 Mar 2015, 11:02 pm)Adam very tempting. Suppose it won't damage my budget too much Wink

Next thing you're on the streets. Tongue

£1 for some Jaffa Cakes...it's like Germany after WW1! Big Grin

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - tyresmoke - 03 Mar 2015

Bit of advice for anyone thinking of Hexham - make sure you go on market day as you will get a lot more stuff as weekly services run in from rural areas. Coach park is usually full of Wright Bros, Howard Snaith etc

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - LeeCalder - 03 Mar 2015

(03 Mar 2015, 8:26 pm)MrFozz Have you managed to convince Davie to goto Durbam yet...I told you what to do, give him a spiked glass of milk and drag him there

In the style of Mr T

I ain't going to Durham...Fool Big Grin

Haha. I said the other day "I'll plan a journey for tomorrow on traveline" and in reply I got "Nar because you'll put DURHAM in" 

I think I'll take your advice and give him a spiked cherryade haha. 

If he thinks Durham is bad. I'll have to take him to Pennywell where my sister lives! All of her nextdoor neighbours windows got put through last week  Wink

(03 Mar 2015, 11:17 pm)leestransportphotos Haha. I said the other day "I'll plan a journey for tomorrow on traveline" and in reply I got "Nar because you'll put DURHAM in" 

I think I'll take your advice and give him a spiked cherryade haha. 

If he thinks Durham is bad. I'll have to take him to Pennywell where my sister lives! All of her nextdoor neighbours windows got put through last week  Wink
Pennywell...Centre of the Universe hahaha

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - omnicity4659 - 04 Mar 2015

(03 Mar 2015, 6:15 pm)leestransportphotos You don't get the joke

I do, Davie said something about Durham being a shithole...  Wink I know everything me...

Newcastle was more of a shithole when we met, like, I seen a clown walking through the car park towards the metro, then a "mini march" over the bridge, then a hen party alighting off a CrossStinky train...

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - omnicity4659 - 04 Mar 2015

From Bus outings to Jaffa Cakes... Strange things on this forum Tongue

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Dan - 04 Mar 2015

(04 Mar 2015, 12:17 pm)Tommy_1581 From Bus outings to Jaffa Cakes... Strange things on this forum
I cannot deny that I often think "What the bloody hell am I reading here...?"

Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 04 Mar 2015

(04 Mar 2015, 4:28 pm)Dan I cannot deny that I often think "What the bloody hell am I reading here...?"

Normally posts from certain people. Big Grin

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Tom - 04 Mar 2015

(04 Mar 2015, 4:30 pm)MarcTheA4 Normally posts from certain people. Big Grin

Like yourself?  Tongue

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Dan - 04 Mar 2015

(04 Mar 2015, 4:30 pm)MarcTheA4 Normally posts from certain people. Big Grin
Including you? ;-)

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 04 Mar 2015

(04 Mar 2015, 4:30 pm)Dan Including you? ;-)

I must admit, when looking back at my first posts on here - I do think...'what was I thinking??'...Tongue