North East Buses
Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off-topic bus chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Bus Related Outings and Reviews (/showthread.php?tid=307)

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Tom - 05 Mar 2015

(05 Mar 2015, 9:44 pm)Jimmi Not been on them, keep meaning to have a ride on one.

Ah okay.
They might turn up on the 8/8A as I've never been on them myself.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - LeeCalder - 05 Mar 2015

(05 Mar 2015, 7:27 pm)MarcTheA4 Just thinking, with my planned Explorer on Saturday - does the Explorer give me platform access to Newcastle Central? As in, through the ticket barriers and full-access. I have an inkling I will be able to, seeing as I can use it on the Sunderland-Blaydon Line, but I just thought to check. Smile

Might try and get a few photos of the 91s and 43s in their new liveries.

You could just go to the station management and get a free platform access ticket which lets you in and out all day

Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 05 Mar 2015

(05 Mar 2015, 9:48 pm)leestransportphotos You could just go to the station management and get a free platform access ticket which lets you in and out all day

Think I might in the future, may as well just take advantage of the Explorer.

Thanks for the info, Lee. Smile

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Jimmi - 05 Mar 2015

(05 Mar 2015, 9:45 pm)Tom Ah okay.
They might turn up on the 8/8A as I've never been on them myself.

Highly unlikely as they only ever seem to do Darlington town services.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Malarkey - 05 Mar 2015

(03 Mar 2015, 6:02 pm)Malarkey I promise to do a Detailed Review of my Outings this week on Sunday when I get back home from stopping at my Dads House, few surprises you may not expect usually from my local outings.
Afraid I have got some "Bad News", my Phone broke yesterday and I had to take it to the Samsung Shop in Newcastle this morning to be repaired, this meant having to wipe my phone completely, resulting in me losing all notes from my trips out this week, as I was texting them to myself, instead I will attempt to go off my not so good memory and photos on my Camera to do my review.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - MrFozz - 05 Mar 2015

(05 Mar 2015, 9:56 pm)Malarkey Afraid I have got some "Bad News", my Phone broke yesterday and I had to take it to the Samsung Shop in Newcastle this morning to be repaired, this meant having to wipe my phone completely, resulting in me losing all notes from my trips out this week, as I was texting them to myself, instead I will attempt to go off my not so good memory and photos on my Camera to do my review.

pain in the arse when that happens mate

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Tom - 06 Mar 2015

Does anyone know any nice services to ride in the Bishop Auckland area?

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Jimmi - 06 Mar 2015

(06 Mar 2015, 4:29 pm)Tom Does anyone know any nice services to ride in the Bishop Auckland area?

Most of the Bishop routes are pretty boring that I've done in my opinion.

All I can probably come up with is service 6, the West Auckland - Cockfield section looks fairly decent.

The Scarlet Band 85 is a good route from Bishop to Barnard Castle but if you have an Explorer ticket I don't believe you can use them on the Bishop - Cockfield section of the route although you could get the 6 to Cockfield then get on the 85 there as I think they are accepted on the Cockfield - Barney stretch of the route.

I don't mind the 56 from Bishop Auckland - Ferryhill, the route runs via Coundon and Kirk Merrington, the route has a few tight roads between Coundon and Kirk Merrington which makes the route a bit more interesting. Downsides you are likely to get a Solo, although at least one journey is double deck operated although there is also a chance an X reg Dart will turn up.

Yeah, there isn't many routes in the Bishop area I would describe as practically interesting as the likes of the 1, 5/5A and to a point the X1 mainly go round council estates.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - omnicity4659 - 06 Mar 2015

(06 Mar 2015, 7:41 pm)citaro5284 Have you got your outing planned for tomorrow Marcus....I am on tenderhooks here man!

Seconded.

Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 06 Mar 2015

(06 Mar 2015, 7:41 pm)citaro5284 Have you got your outing planned for tomorrow Marcus....I am on tenderhooks here man!

Indeed I have. Will tweet Virgin EC first thing in the morning to see what diagrams 91105/24 are working tomorrow, then see if I can fit them in.

However...there is a shock for you, citaro5284...I'm on an Explorer! Big Grin

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - citaro5284 - 06 Mar 2015

(06 Mar 2015, 7:43 pm)MarcTheA4 Indeed I have. Will tweet Virgin EC first thing in the morning to see what diagrams 91105/24 are working tomorrow, then see if I can fit them in.

WOW...you must be hitting the dizzy heights of Northumberland are you??

I live in Northumberland, so just make sure you have your passport if coming this way, we do not accept any Tom, Dick or Harry up here you know!

(06 Mar 2015, 7:46 pm)citaro5284 WOW...you must be hitting the dizzy heights of Northumberland are you??

I live in Northumberland, so just make sure you have your passport if coming this way, we do not accept any Tom, Dick or Harry up here you know!

We'll have to see..................................it's all part of the adventure at the end of the day! Wink

Well, no set plan for tomorrow. Definitely going for an Explorer though.

I have listed a few aims:

• A ride on some Drifter Streetlites
• A bit of time at Newcastle Central
• A run to Regent Centre and back
• Take a few photos
• Few journeys on the Metro

Edit: Although, seeing as I'm going to be mainly in Tyne and Wear - I could even opt for a Day Rover...

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Dan - 06 Mar 2015

(06 Mar 2015, 7:43 pm)MarcTheA4 Indeed I have. Will tweet Virgin EC first thing in the morning to see what diagrams 91105/24 are working tomorrow, then see if I can fit them in.

If you wouldn't mind putting them on here too? Wink

(06 Mar 2015, 9:01 pm)Dan If you wouldn't mind putting them on here too? Wink

Nee problem Dan son.

(I'm so sorry).

Yeah sure, of course I will. Would be a crime to not share the prize with my NEB comrades!

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Tom - 06 Mar 2015

(06 Mar 2015, 9:00 pm)MarcTheA4 Well, no set plan for tomorrow. Definitely going for an Explorer though.

I have listed a few aims:

• A ride on some Drifter Streetlites
• A bit of time at Newcastle Central
• A run to Regent Centre and back
• Take a few photos
• Few journeys on the Metro

Edit[Image: arrow-10x10.png]: Although, seeing as I'm going to be mainly in Tyne and Wear - I could even opt for a Day Rover...

If your going to Regent Centre and back I'd recommend getting a Jesmond 43/44/45 as it could have a B7TL or a B10BLE. 
Four Lane Ends is good too.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Dan - 06 Mar 2015

(06 Mar 2015, 9:03 pm)MarcTheA4 Nee problem Dan son.

(I'm so sorry).

Yeah sure, of course I will. Would be a crime to not share the prize with my NEB comrades!
Whey aye, ye propa cushy yae like lad.

(06 Mar 2015, 9:04 pm)Dan Whey aye, ye propa cushy yae like lad.

When did we start speaking Welsh?! Tongue

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 06 Mar 2015

In other news...after tomorrow - I may as well start taking suggestions. Smile

Providing I've got no set plan already pre-made in the workshop (Big Grin) - feel free to drop any suggestions below. Not daft ones, be serious. Wink

The one I like the most will be featured next week Big Grin

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - MrFozz - 06 Mar 2015

(06 Mar 2015, 9:05 pm)MarcTheA4 When did we start speaking Welsh?!
beth sy'n rhoi syniad hwnnw bachgen i chi