North East Buses
Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off-topic bus chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Bus Related Outings and Reviews (/showthread.php?tid=307)

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Tom - 06 Mar 2015

(06 Mar 2015, 9:11 pm)MarcTheA4 In other news...after tomorrow - I may as well start taking suggestions. Smile

Providing I've got no set plan already pre-made in the workshop (Big Grin) - feel free to drop any suggestions below. Not daft ones, be serious. Wink

The one I like the most will be featured next week Big Grin

North Tyneside?

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 06 Mar 2015

(06 Mar 2015, 9:11 pm)MrFozz beth sy'n rhoi syniad hwnnw bachgen i chi

Nid wyf yn credu ei fod!

(06 Mar 2015, 9:12 pm)Tom North Tyneside?

Maybe.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - MrFozz - 06 Mar 2015

(06 Mar 2015, 9:13 pm)MarcTheA4 Nid wyf yn credu ei fod!

Got i garu Google cyfieithu, nad ydych yn gallu mynd yn bell o'i le ag ef

Got to love Google Translate, you cannot go far wrong Big Grin

(06 Mar 2015, 9:17 pm)MrFozz Got i garu Google cyfieithu, nad ydych yn gallu mynd yn bell o'i le ag ef

Got to love Google Translate, you cannot go far wrong Big Grin

Very useful for Languages homework, shall I say!  Wink

(06 Mar 2015, 9:15 pm)MarcTheA4 Maybe.

I'd love a review for that.
See what you have to say about some of the renowns  Big Grin

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - mb134 - 06 Mar 2015

(06 Mar 2015, 9:11 pm)MarcTheA4 In other news...after tomorrow - I may as well start taking suggestions. Smile

Providing I've got no set plan already pre-made in the workshop (Big Grin) - feel free to drop any suggestions below. Not daft ones, be serious. Wink

The one I like the most will be featured next week Big Grin
Alnwick, Amble, Berwick maybe? 

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - LeeCalder - 06 Mar 2015

I'll be heading to MetroCentre tomorrow as there is a Class 52 'charter' coming though

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - MrFozz - 06 Mar 2015

(06 Mar 2015, 9:15 pm)MarcTheA4 Maybe.
We should start a little game at least once a month to start with...

Challenge Marcus,

NEB sets each challenge for you, and you pursue a challenge with different objectives...

e.g We send you to an area and you will be set objectives to achieve Big Grin

(06 Mar 2015, 9:18 pm)Tom I'd love a review for that.
See what you have to say about some of the renowns  Big Grin

Might do, I'll see other suggestions too though. 

I'll be critical. One sweeping blow and the crack team of citaro5284'n'Dan (yes, I said that) will have 4912, 4913 and 5165 gone. Whatever makes their weekend. They are the masters.

(06 Mar 2015, 9:22 pm)MarcTheA4 Might do, I'll see other suggestions too though. 

I'll be critical. One sweeping blow and the crack team of citaro5284'n'Dan (yes, I said that) will have 4912, 4913 and 5165 gone. Whatever makes their weekend. They are the masters[Image: arrow-10x10.png].

5165 is competley vile so that one can go Wink
4912/4913 are all right but the irritating buzzing from the indicators constantly makes the journey so bad. 

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Jimmi - 06 Mar 2015

Hopefully tomorrow's outing will be a bit less chavtacular than today's trip to Darlington, although looking at the plan it probably will be more chavy with some of the places I'm heading and also it's Saturday.

One downside to the Nikon D5100 is it is more noticeable and more people will stare or come up and take the piss, or at least they do in Darlington.

Also there are Metro Replacements on next weekend so you might want to head to North Tyneside.
They are operating North Shields-Four Lane Ends.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Dan - 07 Mar 2015

(06 Mar 2015, 9:27 pm)Jimmi Hopefully tomorrow's outing will be a bit less chavtacular than today's trip to Darlington, although looking at the plan it probably will be more chavy with some of the places I'm heading and also it's Saturday.

One downside to the Nikon D5100 is it is more noticeable and more people will stare or come up and take the piss, or at least they do in Darlington.
See, I've never had any bother whatsoever in Darlington. Having said that, I haven't had much bother at all.

I've had several people over the past few years ask me to take their photo - sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Most of the time I just laugh. I really couldn't give a toss about what a random stranger who I'm unlikely to ever see again thinks.

Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 07 Mar 2015

For anyone wishing to find 91105 and 91124 today, please see my post in the East Coast/Virgin East Coast thread. Smile

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Jimmi - 07 Mar 2015

(07 Mar 2015, 6:06 am)Dan See, I've never had any bother whatsoever in Darlington. Having said that, I haven't had much bother at all.

I've had several people over the past few years ask me to take their photo - sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Most of the time I just laugh. I really couldn't give a toss about what a random stranger who I'm unlikely to ever see again thinks.

I actually only had one come up to me yesterday in Darlington and I wasn't really that bothered was just thinking " oh **** off"

The worst I've had so far was Bishop Auckland Bus Station where two chavy lasses started shouting in my face " EEE YOU BETTER NOT BE TAKING PHOTOS OF PEOPLE" and I totally just didn't care so I decided to take loads of photos of the bus they got on to **** them off.

So these instances can happen anytime, anyplace really, some are happy having their photos taken, other's aren't and I don't particularly care if people who don't end up being snapped as you often can't really see them in the photo anyway.

Yesterdays general chav pain was not related to my photo taking it was just chavs being loud annoying and stupid as ever, for an example of stupidity from yesterday check the Darlington Town Centre Bus Stops thread later on when I make a post.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Dan - 07 Mar 2015

(07 Mar 2015, 9:01 am)MarcTheA4 For anyone wishing to find 91105 and 91124 today, please see my post in the East Coast/Virgin East Coast thread. Smile
Ta - will try and squeeze them in today! Have some repaints and MAX to catch up with first, and my fear is that trains will be difficult if they aren't stationary as we have some big black clouds above us today....

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Jimmi - 07 Mar 2015

Still full of cold, so once again the Tyneside outing has been postponed.

Think I should just scrap this trip as I get sick everytime I've planned to do this one.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Tom - 07 Mar 2015

I'm not the best either Jimmi, got a splitting headache.

Might leave the County Durham trip for the Easter and make it a big one.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - MrFozz - 07 Mar 2015

(07 Mar 2015, 10:09 am)Jimmi I actually only had one come up to me yesterday in Darlington and I wasn't really that bothered was just thinking " oh **** off"

The worst I've had so far was Bishop Auckland Bus Station where two chavy lasses started shouting in my face " EEE YOU BETTER NOT BE TAKING PHOTOS OF PEOPLE" and I totally just didn't care so I decided to take loads of photos of the bus they got on to **** them off.

So these instances can happen anytime, anyplace really, some are happy having their photos taken, other's aren't and I don't particularly care if people who don't end up being snapped as you often can't really see them in the photo anyway.

Yesterdays general chav pain was not related to my photo taking it was just chavs being loud annoying and stupid as ever, for an example of stupidity from yesterday check the Darlington Town Centre Bus Stops thread later on when I make a post.
Never really that problem myself, had people look at me when I am taking pics but never been talked to in that way...Maybe being older and a big lad may work to my advantage.

The worst I seen was an older gentleman in Peterlee being called a nonce, paedophile and abused with a barrage of swearing and 4 letter words, I was not able to defend him as I was already on the bus, and it was due to pull out as it was late Sad kinda regret that now

My most embarrassing moment came from my mam, I decided to meet her from work one night, we were in Park Lane and a Drifter Versa pulled in on the 42, she said to me 'Look, it is off it's normal route, are you going to take a photo of it' at that point I could feel my face on fire, going bright red and I could feel every set of eyes looking at me to see what I would do...lol