North East Buses
Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off-topic bus chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Bus Related Outings and Reviews (/showthread.php?tid=307)

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Malarkey - 19 Mar 2015

A small trip to Ingeus for my usual Appointment/Job Search turned into a little bit of an Adventure.

10:04 - 2 - 4943 - Lambton to Fawcett Street

I was feeling rather thankful to see 4943 coming up the road as I walked out the front door and across the grass to the temporary stop just outside my house, it has been a while since I have been on one of Deptfords Corporate Liveried Solars on the 2, so it made nice change to being on a under-powered Versa for once, although like Michael I would much rather have the Citaros back on the Service, bugger Fozz and his 61 Service to Murton.

12:53 - 36 - 6090 - Park Lane to Hylton Castle

After quite a long wait as I misread the Timetable, all of 30 Minutes longer than I had thought, 6090 came into Park Lane confusing quite few of the elderly passengers in the process, me being me politely pointed out that it was the 36, goes to show that Passengers identify there Service by the colour of the Bus now rather than looking at Blind as it approaches the Stop.

Before we could board there was a quick driver swap which took an age as the Drivers were having a nice chit chat, quite pally to for conversation between a Male and a Female Driver, got the sense they were mixing business with pleasure when both had the day off, either that or they are actually in a relationship or married, one of 3 anyway [Image: wink.gif].

Anyway moving on to the Journey itself, christ it was a case of where the 36 didnt go between Sunderland City Centre and Town End Farm, I can see why Passengers in that Area opt to use the 3/13, I decided rather than get off at Hylton Castle wait for Half Hour for the 99 which was 5212, to then stop on and do the weird loop the 36 does around Town End Farm in which it picked up and dropped off nobody, eventually after around 40 Minutes on the 36 I got off and waited for the 99, Knowing if I took a poor shot off 6090 I could catch it again at the Royal Hospital, whilst also getting a photo of 5212 on the 99, me and my great run of look as of late killed two birds with one stone.

A further note on the Driver of 6090, she was miserable as sin which may suggest she might not be getting what I suggested above, didnt even get a goodbye as I alighted and said thankyou, more on her later on in this review.

13:44 - 99 - 5212 - Hylton Castle to Sunderland Royal Hospital

A rather short journey on one the #MissingPurpleSolars, but it was nice one at that, 5212 had a lot ooommpphhh to it as other enthusiasts like to say now, rather than being simple and saying it had a lot of power like me, not one for complicated sayings and abbreviations I dont understand, would rather speak English than Bollocks so to speak, there something bugged about this journey though and it was this, why when whoever to decided to come up with Service 99 decide it would be a good idea to do the following, Seaburn - Fulwell - Southwick then instead of turning left to go over QA Bridge towards Silksworth, have it instead turn right and go via Witherwack - Hylton Red House - Downhill - Town End Farm - Hylton Castle - Castletown and Enterprise Park, its a canny big loop that you know which takes all of 23 Minutes to do, bit backwards if you ask me and something in which I can correct in the GNE Service Suggestion Thread shortly.

14:15 - 78 - 4853 - Sunderland Royal Hospital to Penshaw

Just a short ride this one and a one Marcus will be happy about, I would of stopped on a bit longer to Shiney Row had I not have to drop off a CV at the Penshaw Tea Room, with probably being the last journey I will ever make on one of the remaining Lime Renowns I was so happy to see 4853 pull up on the 78, although only short Journey it was the most enjoyable of the Day, it will be sad to see these go once the Streetlites enter service in a few weeks time.

14:35 - 2 - 5201 - Penshaw to Washington Galleries

Much to my surprise the Driver who I thought was miserable as sin, and was perhaps having a bit of you know hanky panky with another driver, or for you guys who doing Sex Ed at School, "Peeling Back his Banana and Sucking his Grapefruits", you know the one I am talking about, no you dont do you, it was her again the one which was driving 6090 on the 36 a little bit earlier, I politely said hello again thanked her for stopping as ran towards the stop, really didnt fancy waiting 10 Minutes for the 2A and having a clapped out Versa show, anyway yet again she didnt even say hello or goodbye as I boarded or alighted, must be that time of the month or she was angry because I took her photo whilst she was driving 6090.

15:21 - 2 - 8319 - Washington Galleries to Lambton

Ahh home sweet home, wasnt to fussed about 8319 showing up on the 2 as it seems to have some what more "Power" for us simple minded people than the other Versas on the Simplicity Network, anyway it was 2 Minute Journey with nothing bang on about, other than a smelly dog, why are people who not visually impaired allowed on Buses with Dogs.

Hope you guys enjoyed reading this review, my name is Marcus if you could hit me up with a like that would be smashing, only kidding Marcus but nevertheless a few likes all the same would be appreciated.

Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 19 Mar 2015

Nice review Adam, nice to see a few others are starting to get serious about writing reviews. Smile

Yes, 4853 is a great vehicle, pleased you enjoyed it. I dare say it has maybe 2 or 3 weeks before going the journey...(pun intended). Very sad to see them go, some are faultless...

Hmm...think it earned a like...Angel.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Malarkey - 19 Mar 2015

(19 Mar 2015, 5:32 pm)MarcTheA4 Nice review Adam, nice to see a few others are starting to get serious about writing reviews. Smile

Yes, 4853 is a great vehicle, pleased you enjoyed it. I dare say it has maybe 2 or 3 weeks before going the journey...(pun intended). Very sad to see them go, some are faultless...

Hmm...think it earned a like...Angel.

I even added in some comedy to give it a bit of depth, think I might have to do a day of hunting down 4853/54 and 55 and have ride along the full length of the route before they depart for good, maybe if Go North East have one of the New Streetlites parked up in Consett or Stanley, there could be an opportunity to catch both together, reckon that would Limetastic.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - idiot - 19 Mar 2015

Limetastic hahah!!!

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 19 Mar 2015

Who is planning on making their way to the MetroCentre Rally this year? Hope to see a few Go North East vehicles again this year, albeit not as many, maybe some more from Arriva, and I'd also like to see Stagecoach send something along.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - omnicity4659 - 19 Mar 2015

(19 Mar 2015, 7:40 pm)MarcTheA4 Who is planning on making their way to the MetroCentre Rally this year? Hope to see a few Go North East vehicles again this year, albeit not as many, maybe some more from Arriva, and I'd also like to see Stagecoach send something along.

I'll try to come, only if Arriva run the X21 to time.

I'll get the fares for £2! Big Grin

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Adrian - 19 Mar 2015

(19 Mar 2015, 7:40 pm)MarcTheA4 Who is planning on making their way to the MetroCentre Rally this year? Hope to see a few Go North East vehicles again this year, albeit not as many, maybe some more from Arriva, and I'd also like to see Stagecoach send something along.

I'll be there. Are you going to spend more than 30 minutes out the house, Marcus? :p

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Jimmi - 19 Mar 2015

I am likely to be there for some of the day, I'll probably be on the 0944 X22 from Durham.

Am likely to disappear into the MetroCentre for part of the day too for food and I want something released on that day in HMV.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - S813 FVK - 19 Mar 2015

I imagine GNE would send at least one Micro-Hybrid along - probably a Lime or Red Kite considering al 4 X66 vehicles are required on a Sunday. Possibly some of the vehicles purchased in the last Financial year and hopefully an olympian. Arriva may send a couple of vehicles. I am curious to see what the E200s look like interior wise plus look at the features of Sapphire and MAX. Not expecting SC to make an effort though...

(19 Mar 2015, 7:44 pm)aureolin I'll be there. Are you going to spend more than 30 minutes out the house, Marcus? :p

Well! Nearly as cheeky as citaro5284 or Dan there!  Tongue

Yes, I intend to get the 21 through to Newcastle, a TEN service to the MetroCentre, then a few hours at the rally. Plenty of photos hehe. I'm also hoping a few shuttles are run this year! Wouldn't mind some older haulage to pull the day together. Hop on an X66 back to Gateshead then another Angel back to Chester-le-Street.  Smile

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Adrian - 19 Mar 2015

(19 Mar 2015, 7:47 pm)MarcTheA4 Well! Nearly as cheeky as citaro5284 or Dan there!  Tongue

Yes, I intend to get the 21 through to Newcastle, a TEN service to the MetroCentre, then a few hours at the rally. Plenty of photos hehe. I'm also hoping a few shuttles are run this year! Wouldn't mind some older haulage to pull the day together. Hop on an X66 back to Gateshead then another Angel back to Chester-le-Street.  Smile

Join Fozz in the pub afterwards for a Coke? Tongue

(19 Mar 2015, 7:50 pm)aureolin Join Fozz in the pub afterwards for a Coke? Tongue

Hmm...not sure on that one. Might get thrown out if he decides to moon out of the front window of a Riverside shuttle, and the bartender recognises him... Big Grin

(19 Mar 2015, 7:47 pm)Robert I imagine GNE would send at least one Micro-Hybrid along - probably a Lime or Red Kite considering al 4 X66 vehicles are required on a Sunday. Possibly some of the vehicles purchased in the last Financial year and hopefully an olympian. Arriva may send a couple of vehicles. I am curious to see what the E200s look like interior wise plus look at the features of Sapphire and MAX. Not expecting SC to make an effort though...
Not sure what GNE and Arriva will bring, although last year we had a Sapphire Pulsar and EcoCity from Darlington depot, so if the buses come from Darlington again I think we could maybe see an X1 MAX branded StreetLite and maybe a Sapphire - 7 Enviro 400 just speculation on what could appear if Arriva attend. Scarlet Band normally send something along too, so I imagine they'll bring a Durham Park and Ride Solo SR.

If Arriva bring a refurbished Sapphire E400 - I will burn it with fire.

What do Stagecoach normally bring along?

(19 Mar 2015, 7:55 pm)Tommy_1581 What do Stagecoach normally bring along?
Nothing.

(19 Mar 2015, 7:55 pm)Tommy_1581 What do Stagecoach normally bring along?

Nothing. 

(19 Mar 2015, 7:56 pm)Jimmi Nothing.

Snap!  Tongue

(19 Mar 2015, 7:56 pm)MarcTheA4 Nothing. 

Snap! 
Too slow Marcus!

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 20 Mar 2015

Who is looking forward to tomorrow then...? Big Grin

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Davie - 20 Mar 2015

(20 Mar 2015, 5:01 pm)MarcTheA4 Who is looking forward to tomorrow then...? Big Grin

I certainly am Marcus Tongue