North East Buses
Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off-topic bus chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Bus Related Outings and Reviews (/showthread.php?tid=307)

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - MrFozz - 20 Mar 2015

(19 Mar 2015, 5:32 pm)Malarkey A small trip to Ingeus for my usual Appointment/Job Search turned into a little bit of an Adventure.

10:04 - 2 - 4943 - Lambton to Fawcett Street

I was feeling rather thankful to see 4943 coming up the road as I walked out the front door and across the grass to the temporary stop just outside my house, it has been a while since I have been on one of Deptfords Corporate Liveried Solars on the 2, so it made nice change to being on a under-powered Versa for once, although like Michael I would much rather have the Citaros back on the Service, bugger Fozz and his 61 Service to Murton.

12:53 - 36 - 6090 - Park Lane to Hylton Castle

After quite a long wait as I misread the Timetable, all of 30 Minutes longer than I had thought, 6090 came into Park Lane confusing quite few of the elderly passengers in the process, me being me politely pointed out that it was the 36, goes to show that Passengers identify there Service by the colour of the Bus now rather than looking at Blind as it approaches the Stop.

Before we could board there was a quick driver swap which took an age as the Drivers were having a nice chit chat, quite pally to for conversation between a Male and a Female Driver, got the sense they were mixing business with pleasure when both had the day off, either that or they are actually in a relationship or married, one of 3 anyway [Image: wink.gif].

Anyway moving on to the Journey itself, christ it was a case of where the 36 didnt go between Sunderland City Centre and Town End Farm, I can see why Passengers in that Area opt to use the 3/13, I decided rather than get off at Hylton Castle wait for Half Hour for the 99 which was 5212, to then stop on and do the weird loop the 36 does around Town End Farm in which it picked up and dropped off nobody, eventually after around 40 Minutes on the 36 I got off and waited for the 99, Knowing if I took a poor shot off 6090 I could catch it again at the Royal Hospital, whilst also getting a photo of 5212 on the 99, me and my great run of look as of late killed two birds with one stone.

A further note on the Driver of 6090, she was miserable as sin which may suggest she might not be getting what I suggested above, didnt even get a goodbye as I alighted and said thankyou, more on her later on in this review.

13:44 - 99 - 5212 - Hylton Castle to Sunderland Royal Hospital

A rather short journey on one the #MissingPurpleSolars, but it was nice one at that, 5212 had a lot ooommpphhh to it as other enthusiasts like to say now, rather than being simple and saying it had a lot of power like me, not one for complicated sayings and abbreviations I dont understand, would rather speak English than Bollocks so to speak, there something bugged about this journey though and it was this, why when whoever to decided to come up with Service 99 decide it would be a good idea to do the following, Seaburn - Fulwell - Southwick then instead of turning left to go over QA Bridge towards Silksworth, have it instead turn right and go via Witherwack - Hylton Red House - Downhill - Town End Farm - Hylton Castle - Castletown and Enterprise Park, its a canny big loop that you know which takes all of 23 Minutes to do, bit backwards if you ask me and something in which I can correct in the GNE Service Suggestion Thread shortly.

14:15 - 78 - 4853 - Sunderland Royal Hospital to Penshaw

Just a short ride this one and a one Marcus will be happy about, I would of stopped on a bit longer to Shiney Row had I not have to drop off a CV at the Penshaw Tea Room, with probably being the last journey I will ever make on one of the remaining Lime Renowns I was so happy to see 4853 pull up on the 78, although only short Journey it was the most enjoyable of the Day, it will be sad to see these go once the Streetlites enter service in a few weeks time.

14:35 - 2 - 5201 - Penshaw to Washington Galleries

Much to my surprise the Driver who I thought was miserable as sin, and was perhaps having a bit of you know hanky panky with another driver, or for you guys who doing Sex Ed at School, "Peeling Back his Banana and Sucking his Grapefruits", you know the one I am talking about, no you dont do you, it was her again the one which was driving 6090 on the 36 a little bit earlier, I politely said hello again thanked her for stopping as ran towards the stop, really didnt fancy waiting 10 Minutes for the 2A and having a clapped out Versa show, anyway yet again she didnt even say hello or goodbye as I boarded or alighted, must be that time of the month or she was angry because I took her photo whilst she was driving 6090.

15:21 - 2 - 8319 - Washington Galleries to Lambton

Ahh home sweet home, wasnt to fussed about 8319 showing up on the 2 as it seems to have some what more "Power" for us simple minded people than the other Versas on the Simplicity Network, anyway it was 2 Minute Journey with nothing bang on about, other than a smelly dog, why are people who not visually impaired allowed on Buses with Dogs.

Hope you guys enjoyed reading this review, my name is Marcus if you could hit me up with a like that would be smashing, only kidding Marcus but nevertheless a few likes all the same would be appreciated.

There ours now Malarkey, keeo your grubby mits off pal [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Kidding Adam [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE][FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE][FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

#sodmalarkey
#nebhashtags

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 20 Mar 2015

What's anyone after from tomorrow's adventure? Anything anyone wants me to try and fit in? Will be on a Get Around for a change, so just Go North East stuff I'm afraid.  Big Grin

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Adrian - 20 Mar 2015

(20 Mar 2015, 6:54 pm)MarcTheA4 What's anyone after from tomorrow's adventure? Anything anyone wants me to try and fit in?

Go wild, and get the X93 to Scarborough!

(20 Mar 2015, 6:59 pm)aureolin Go wild, and get the X93 to Scarborough!

I still value life, thank you.  Wink

(20 Mar 2015, 7:00 pm)MarcTheA4 I still value life, thank you.  Wink

Why not have a look up Northumberland way?

Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 20 Mar 2015

(20 Mar 2015, 7:10 pm)aureolin Why not have a look up Northumberland way?

I may, but like I say I'm just going easy with a Get Around. Smile

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Malarkey - 20 Mar 2015

(20 Mar 2015, 6:54 pm)MarcTheA4 What's anyone after from tomorrow's adventure? Anything anyone wants me to try and fit in? Will be on a Get Around for a change, so just Go North East stuff I'm afraid.  Big Grin
Get on 1 B9TL from each batch of Services which they are on, must be Branded and not a Corporate Liveried spare like 6084/6099/6100/6116/6117.

(20 Mar 2015, 7:20 pm)Malarkey Get on 1 B9TL from each batch of Services which they are on, must be Branded and not a Corporate Liveried spare like 6084/6099/6100/6116/6117.

I'll try. Wink No promises, I may end up Olympian and Renown hunting again.

(20 Mar 2015, 7:22 pm)MarcTheA4 I'll try. Wink No promises, I may end up Olympian and Renown hunting again.

Just for a change then...? Wink

If you didn't restrict yourself to GNE, you could do some of the old ALX300s, before we see them go? Some of the T reg ones are still a joy to ride on.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - mb134 - 20 Mar 2015

(20 Mar 2015, 7:12 pm)MarcTheA4 I may, but like I say I'm just going easy with a Get Around. Smile
You could get the 19 up to Cramlington Bedlington and Ashington?

(20 Mar 2015, 7:30 pm)aureolin Just for a change then...? Wink

If you didn't restrict yourself to GNE, you could do some of the old ALX300s, before we see them go? Some of the T reg ones are still a joy to ride on.

Maybe next week. Smile

Will have plenty of time over Easter to do a few things I would otherwise not be able to.

(20 Mar 2015, 7:35 pm)mb134 You could get the 19 up to Cramlington Bedlington and Ashington?

Think that might be a bit far up north I'm afraid, mb134. Wink

Thanks all for your suggestions though, I'll see if I end up going Olympian/Renown hunting, literally ride anywhere I can, or follow a suggestion. Smile

(20 Mar 2015, 7:35 pm)mb134 You could get the 19 up to Cramlington Bedlington and Ashington?

Marcus gets a nosebleed when he goes too far off the Lime or angel routes. Tongue

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - omnicity4659 - 20 Mar 2015

(20 Mar 2015, 6:54 pm)MarcTheA4 What's anyone after from tomorrow's adventure? Anything anyone wants me to try and fit in? Will be on a Get Around for a change, so just Go North East stuff I'm afraid.  Big Grin

Central Station for me at 11:00?

(20 Mar 2015, 7:46 pm)aureolin Marcus gets a nosebleed when he goes too far off the Lime or angel routes. Tongue

Why you ill-mannered sack of [insert word of choice]. Tongue

Just trying to get on as many Limes as possible before they go, and the B5s on the 21 are great machines.

Some may be pleased to know I intend to take a few photos on Cone Terrace (I imagine it'll be a bit quiet along there, even with the mainstream 21s serving there), and also a photo of the shuttle service. Wink Might make my Flickr look presentable. Big Grin

(20 Mar 2015, 7:53 pm)MarcTheA4 Why you ill-mannered sack of [insert word of choice]. Tongue

Just trying to get on as many Limes as possible before they go, and the B5s on the 21 are great machines.

Some may be pleased to know I intend to take a few photos on Cone Terrace (I imagine it'll be a bit quiet along there, even with the mainstream 21s serving there), and also a photo of the shuttle service. Wink Might make my Flickr look presentable. Big Grin

I was going to tonight, because you're right, very little traffic there! It's quite good up near the police station too.

(20 Mar 2015, 7:55 pm)aureolin I was going to tonight, because you're right, very little traffic there! It's quite good up near the police station too.

See very few cars going along there too! Just tends to be taxis and delivery vans that have got lost.  Big Grin

Looking forward to taking a few photos (maybe go in the morning for a very short stop, then head back towards 3 or 4 when Chester-le-Street turns into a ghost town!). May also take advantage of the buses stopping outside of the depot.  Angel

(20 Mar 2015, 7:57 pm)MarcTheA4 See very few cars going along there too! Just tends to be taxis and delivery vans that have got lost.  Big Grin

Looking forward to taking a few photos (maybe go in the morning for a very short stop, then head back towards 3 or 4 when Chester-le-Street turns into a ghost town!). May also take advantage of the buses stopping outside of the depot.  Angel

Just looking at Suncalc, and your best time for shots outside the depot is going to be between 3pm-5pm, as the sun will be right behind you. You'll struggle on that road where the 21 and X2 is stopping until about 5pm, because the sun is going to be directly in your lens for the rest of the day.

http://suncalc.net/#/54.8584,-1.5737,20/2015.03.21/09:26

(20 Mar 2015, 8:03 pm)aureolin Just looking at Suncalc, and your best time for shots outside the depot is going to be between 3pm-5pm, as the sun will be right behind you. You'll struggle on that road where the 21 and X2 is stopping until about 5pm, because the sun is going to be directly in your lens for the rest of the day.

http://suncalc.net/#/54.8584,-1.5737,20/2015.03.21/09:26

Diolch i fy nghyd iawn i chi.  Big Grin

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Tom - 20 Mar 2015

I've got a few things planned over the next few weeks.

I've got Thursday 26th off, then I'm off for two weeks starting next Thursday.

I'm intending to do:
- Weardale
- Northumberland
- County Durham
- Sunderland

Anyone got any ideas on some nice things to do, especially Weardale/County Durham as I don't have much knowledge of those areas.