North East Buses
Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off-topic bus chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Bus Related Outings and Reviews (/showthread.php?tid=307)

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 26 Mar 2015

Providing my plans are not corrupted by a cold or cough over Easter, here is what I have planned:

Saturday 28th March 2015
Visit to the Tanfield Railway's Great War Weekend in the morning, then head to Stanley, down to Beamish, before finally making a journey on the 128 to Durham, before heading back to Chester-le-Street.

Tuesday 31st March 2015
Olympian hunting. Head through to Durham, up to Lanchester, then on to Stanley before going up to Consett, back to Durham and then return to Chester-le-Street.

Friday 3rd April 2015
Will be aiming for an MPD ride to Hetton-le-Hole after heading along to Durham. Make my way to Houghton-le-Spring; Sunderland, Seaham and back, then return home on the Lime.

Saturday 4th April 2015
Hoping the X66 Streetlites will be out in service by then, I will either try and ride a few of them in their first days, or maybe do a spot of Olympian and Renown bashing in Consett and Stanley.

Tuesday 7th April 2015
Head across to Houghton-le-Spring first, then a ride on the 4 all the way to Washington Galleries (including those lovely comfy seats on those Citaros!) before making my way across to Concord on an MPD 85/86 for some photos at Washington depot a short walk away. Then maybe head across to Heworth, Gateshead, back to Washington and return to Chester-le-Street.

Friday 10th April 2015
No plan as of yet. Just go where the spirit leads...may do a photo-based plan, or go Renown and Olympian hunting again!

Saturday 11th April 2015
Head across to Sunderland first, then get a Sunderland-Jarrow run 9 service before hopping on one to North Shields. Take photos, then a Cobalt Clipper 310 to Newcastle, then whatever rare I can see from there.

May also squeeze in a rare Sunday trip if you're lucky. Most likely all days will be Get Arounds, can't be bothered to do massive adventures going on 10+ buses a day. Expect a few photos too.

Enjoy, and I hope everyone has a nice Easter! Smile

Marcus

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - northern156 - 26 Mar 2015

I'll definitely be out on an explorer this Saturday, no plan but I do have a few things that need doing:

1) 28/28A, never been on this yet!
2) Highwayman services, again never been on one,
3) Gateshead Loop, may have been on one for a couple of stops previously,
4) (May not do this) X1 between Washington and Houghton.
5) X2 and X12, not been on these after they were 'Maxed' up.

Also would like to go on some Arriva Jesmond Volvo B10BLEs & ALX400s, Stagecoach Newcastle Enviro 400 Hybrids and some GNE B9s. Smile

Hoping to stay away from Sunderland

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Dan - 26 Mar 2015

Cheek........ Nothing wrong with Sunderland, Sean!! ;-)

You'll be facing the wrath of Michael and I with any more badmouthing of the city!

Hehe, I was half expecting a similar reply to that Wink

I don't like Park Lane at all and I'm not too keen on the city centre itself as a whole, really. Just a small niggle I get when I'm in the place, that's all!

Mind you I've been to much, much worse - 10 letters, starting with W ending with N - and no it's not Winlaton, although that could well qualify also Wink

Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 26 Mar 2015

(26 Mar 2015, 9:56 pm)northern156 Hehe, I was half expecting a similar reply to that Wink

I don't like Park Lane at all and I'm not too keen on the city centre itself as a whole, really. Just a small niggle I get when I'm in the place, that's all!

Mind you I've been to much, much worse - 10 letters, starting with W ending with N - and no it's not Winlaton, although that could well qualify also Wink

Wrekenton? Tongue Edit: Oh wait that's 9 letters! #fail

Workington? Wink

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - S813 FVK - 26 Mar 2015

(26 Mar 2015, 9:56 pm)northern156 Hehe, I was half expecting a similar reply to that Wink

Workington? You've just started another guessing game now Tongue 

Workington and Whitehaven are pretty dismal places also, I meant more in the north east... Wink

Washington! Big Grin

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Davie - 26 Mar 2015

(26 Mar 2015, 10:00 pm)northern156 Workington and Whitehaven are pretty dismal places also, I meant more in the north east... Wink

Wrekenton?

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Dan - 26 Mar 2015

Malarkey will be mugging you next time he sees you - making comments like that on a public forum about the heart of the North East! Wink

You're just not used to this city life... 4G connectivity is too much for you...!

(26 Mar 2015, 10:08 pm)Dan Malarkey will be mugging you next time he sees you - making comments like that on a public forum about the heart of the North East! Wink

You're just not used to this city life... 4G connectivity is too much for you...!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T_GQTD7rlwI

Sorry it's the best I could find! Tongue

Lol it was indeed Washington... Davie as already mentioned Wrekenton is 9 letters.

4G? Is that some sort of supermarket? (Tongue in cheek)

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Jimmi - 26 Mar 2015

(26 Mar 2015, 10:08 pm)Dan Malarkey will be mugging you next time he sees you - making comments like that on a public forum about the heart of the North East! Wink

(26 Mar 2015, 10:33 pm)northern156 Lol it was indeed Washington... Davie as already mentioned Wrekenton is 9 letters.

4G? Is that some sort of supermarket? (Tongue in cheek)
We should send Dan somewhere rural and see how long it would take for him to go crazy without any Internet access

(26 Mar 2015, 10:49 pm)Jimmi We should send Dan somewhere rural and see how long it would take for him to go crazy without any Internet access

I see you've downloaded the Emoji keyboard, Jimmi...nice one!

(26 Mar 2015, 10:51 pm)MarcTheA4 I see you've downloaded the Emoji keyboard, Jimmi...nice one!
Didn't have this on Tapatalk on my old phone but since I upgraded I have a different version of Tapatalk to what I had before where I can now use Emojis and other things.

(26 Mar 2015, 10:53 pm)Jimmi Didn't have this on Tapatalk on my old phone but since I upgraded I have a different version of Tapatalk to what I had before where I can now use Emojis and other things.

You'll be addicted to them before long!

(26 Mar 2015, 10:54 pm)MarcTheA4 You'll be addicted to them before long!
Probably

Zero clue what half of them are - I'm guessing this one means ****faced

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Dan - 27 Mar 2015

(26 Mar 2015, 10:49 pm)Jimmi We should send Dan somewhere rural and see how long it would take for him to go crazy without any Internet access
I'm not giving you all any more ideas as methods of torture!

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Jimmi - 27 Mar 2015

(27 Mar 2015, 6:20 am)Dan I'm not giving you all any more ideas as methods of torture!
#firstworldtortures
#hashtagsonNEB

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - omnicity4659 - 27 Mar 2015

(26 Mar 2015, 10:56 pm)Jimmi Probably

Zero clue what half of them are - I'm guessing this one means ****faced

Nah,  means, **** on whichever muppet decided that MAX was better than Sapphire. (My brother!)